Odin/Thanos Vs. I the HF & DS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackJackal
The Balance between Light and Dark is a delicate thing.
In a tag-team match between Marvel and DC, who would win, no holds barred.

Team Marvel U:
Odin & Thanos

Vs.

Team DCU
Izaya the Highfather & Darkseid

Evil_Ash
Wow another Thanos & Darkseid thread.

BlackJackal
My interest is balance. Which side has the better dynamic ?

I chose the apparent counter-parts for this one. Not my fault if Thanos is the best anti-hero ever.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by BlackJackal
My interest is balance. Which side has the better dynamic ?

I chose the apparent counter-parts for this one. Not my fault if Thanos is the best anti-hero ever.

Thanos is badass, but he has always been too much of how a Gary Stu.

quanchi112
thanos and odin win this all day.

BlackJackal
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Thanos is badass, but he has always been too much of how a Gary Stu.

Who in the name of the Gods is Gary Stu ?

I think the Marvel team here has the all around superiority. Bad-ass to Tarrantino levels and power up the wazoo.

Evil_Ash
Who in the name of the Gods is Gary Stu ?

I think the Marvel team here has the all around superiority. Bad-ass to Tarrantino levels and power up the wazoo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue

BlackJackal
But where would comics be if they weren't cliche ? They are all guilty of that sin. Well except for V and Hellboy that is.

BlackJackal
I mean in all the Worlds of the Rose, Darkseid has never showed a favorable outing where he stands upon the very godhead as the universe's supreme power and not get beaten down by people in spandex. Thanos at least has no one to blame but himself. Deep down he knows that he is not worthy to wield such overwhelming power, it's this aspect of his personality that has led to his development as a character and not a contrive plot-device or thinly veiled allegory of ultimate evil. Just once, I'd like to read a Darkseid story and be really impressed with him as a genuine threat instead of nonplussed. Oh look...questing for the Anti-Life Equation...again. How original! Is it THAT difficult to write personality into a character ?
Darkseid isn't so powerful as to unknowable.
If you want to look at villainous ambition, consider the career of Baron Harkonnen . Now THERE was a villain!

quanchi112
I mean in all the Worlds of the Rose, Darkseid has never showed a favorable outing where he stands upon the very godhead as the universe's supreme power and not get beaten down by people in spandex. Thanos at least has no one to blame but himself. Deep down he knows that he is not worthy to wield such overwhelming power, it's this aspect of his personality that has led to his development as a character and not a contrive plot-device or thinly veiled allegory of ultimate evil. Just once, I'd like to read a Darkseid story and be really impressed with him as a genuine threat instead of nonplussed. Oh look...questing for the Anti-Life Equation...again. How original! Is it THAT difficult to write personality into a character ?
Darkseid isn't so powerful as to unknowable.
If you want to look at villainous ambition, consider the career of Baron Harkonnen . Now THERE was a villain! ouch. u burned darkseid.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.