What kinds of gifts should be sent to my friends?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

izefia
I have a lot of friends at abroad and we have a lot common in religious belief. When festivals come, I always want to send some gifts to them. But what kinds of gifts should be sent each time worry me! I find that sending gift baskets is very popular now, gift baskets including fruit baskets, gourmet foods, flower baskets, wine baskets and so on. You can choose different gift baskets according different festivals and occasions. I think it is a good idea for sending gifts, and you?

Devil King
sending gifts is desperate. reconsider your approach.

Boris
Send them some science books.

Alliance
Originally posted by izefia
I have a lot of friends at abroad and we have a lot common in religious belief. When festivals come, I always want to send some gifts to them. But what kinds of gifts should be sent each time worry me! I find that sending gift baskets is very popular now, gift baskets including fruit baskets, gourmet foods, flower baskets, wine baskets and so on. You can choose different gift baskets according different festivals and occasions. I think it is a good idea for sending gifts, and you?

what kind of religious festivals?

Bicnarok
Send them a some books by Richard Dawkins.

Its good to get another point of view to enhance your belief.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Bicnarok

Its good to get another point of view to enhance your belief.

laughing out loud

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bicnarok

Its good to get another point of view to enhance your belief. Every reasonable person is atheist after the God Delusion.

So...if you want to keep your smart religious friends...not the way to go.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
Every reasonable person is atheist after the God Delusion.

So...if you want to keep your smart religious friends...not the way to go.

I haven't read the book, it's on my "to read" list though.

Sounds somewhat arrogant, completely ruling out god in the sense of a "higher power", don't you think? Granted, attributes that people give god, e.g. he created man as is and everything in the last 6k years, he became flesh and died for our sins to save us, he spoke to his last prophet who later flew up into heaven on a winged horse etc. etc. etc. can be ruled out with logic, reasoning and physical evidence. But completely saying "no, it can't be" in reference to god, a concept that can't be proved or disproved, sounds foolish.

Yes, I am making a case why "agnostic" seems the most reasonable, considering the evidence.

Izefia, sorry to derail your thread, but "gift baskets" doesn't really belong in the religion forum, even if they include a candle in the shape of the Virgin Mary or similar.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard

Sounds somewhat arrogant, completely ruling out god in the sense of a "higher power", don't you think?

I do think so. So does Dawkins, though.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
I do think so. So does Dawkins, though.

Your statement made it seem otherwise, in respects to Dawkins.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Your statement made it seem otherwise, in respects to Dawkins. Yeah, my bad, agnostic strongly leaning towards atheism of Dawkinsean sort.

DigiMark007
Yeah, Dawkins isn't out to prove God's nonexistence. No one can do that. Just to prove that it's highly improbable, to such a degree that it doesn't make any sense to believe in a creator-deity.

debbiejo
Well when it's a religious holiday here, we really don't send anything much. Christmas and Easter might get some cards sent though. If you don't know what to send, make a phone call just to say hi. That's good enough and people appreciate it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.