Get Rid Of Post Counts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
This is a poll to help decide whether or not that the KMC "Post Count" should be obliterated... Due to the topic coming up just in the last few days.

Pros:
Less Spammers for Posts
Dropping the idiots who compete for Posts
Dropping the Spam Threads
People here for nothing but spam, leave.

Cons:
The Spammers Will Get Angry? laughing out loud

Well, here is the poll, so you.. KMC Decide on what you think... Vote your choice today.. If you care or not happy

vincent

Tattoo
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

This is a poll to help decide whether or not that the KMC "Post Count" should be obliterated... Due to the topic coming up just in the last few days.

Pros:
Less Spammers for Posts

Cons:

Well, here is the poll, so you.. KMC Decide on what you think... Vote your choice today.. If you care or not happy

vincent

roll eyes (sarcastic) Way to miss the point of the entire thing, Vinny.

It would have been only for abolishing the post count of the OTF, this poll would need to be in the OTF.

Vinny Valentine
According to a few people, it was for all post counts. ermm

Storm
Either remove the post count in its entirety, or not at all. If this will only apply to the OTF, then I will vote against.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Storm
Either remove the post count in its entirety, or not at all. If this will only apply to the OTF, then I will vote against.

I made this to get rid of them all.

I voted for getting rid.

T.M
I don't really care.. I don't pay any attention to them so I don't mind if they stay or go.

Rogue Jedi
If post counts are going to be discontinued, then Thread counts should be eliminated too.

Kram3r
How much of a problem is it, really? I mean looking at it now, I don't see anything wrong with it. Spammers will come and go, regardless of post count.

Rogue Jedi
It's not a problem.

Lana
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
If post counts are going to be discontinued, then Thread counts should be eliminated too.

They are. Do you see anything in your profile that tracks how many threads you have?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lana
They are. Do you see anything in your profile that tracks how many threads you have? wait, is Vinny talking about thread counts in our profiles, or overall?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lana
They are. Do you see anything in your profile that tracks how many threads you have?

Well....find all threads.

Also, Vinny should be banned.

Sanctuary
Most people who spam in the 1,000,000 post thread do it because they want the 1000th post, removing post count won't stop them from spamming.

Maybe we could have a word count function instead? smart To show many words were in a members post on average.

...And just close the 1,000,000 post thread and others like it.. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well....find all threads.

Also, Vinny should be banned. laughing

Barker
I brought this idea up most recently, this should be my thread with my name on it, *****. mhm

Impediment
I say remove them.

Also, Rogue Jedi is my toilet.

chillmeistergen
Get rid of 'em.

Rogue Jedi
keep em....lose em.....the forum will continue to operate.

Spidervlad
Wow, I didn't even have a chance to vote

Anyways, I don't find a problem with it. Why would you want to have 'the most' posts? I never found that the post count matters, but I rather look at a person's date of joining to see how proficient he is in KMC.

chillmeistergen
To be honest, that makes you just as bad. Why not look at the person's actual posts and judge them on that?

Galan007
This seems like a very silly thing to complain, and subsequently make a thread about. ermm

Bardock42
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
To be honest, that makes you just as bad. Why not look at the person's actual posts and judge them on that? Yeah, look at chilly for example. He registered in 07...which would make him a moron by your (SV) standards. But then you read some of his posts and you realize he is just a moron in his own right.

WrathfulDwarf

Pros:
Less Spammers for Posts

Cons:

Vinny, I'd like to point out that post counts are not what spammers seek. They seek to advertise their own profit. It doesn't take more than one post for a spammer to get his/her mission accomplish. Getting rid of post counts won't deter spammers.

Trolls who use multiple posts don't care either. They seek to annoy and harrass members.

Lana
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Vinny, I'd like to point out that post counts are not what spammers seek. They seek to advertise their own profit. It doesn't take more than one post for a spammer to get his/her mission accomplish. Getting rid of post counts won't deter spammers.

Trolls who use multiple posts don't care either. They seek to annoy and harrass members.

We're not talking about spam as in people who advertise things.

We're talking about people who post stupid crap continually. The 1,000,000th Post thread in the OTF is 100% spamming by people who just want a lot of posts.

WrathfulDwarf
Ah! Got it...well, if that's the case then I see a point.

But I always thought that the 1 Million post thread was about reaching that figure and then that was it...no more posts.

Tattoo
Ah! Got it...well, if that's the case then I see a point.

But I always thought that the 1 Million post thread was about reaching that figure and then that was it...no more posts.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Doubt it.

If you look at members like Morning_Glory, the majority of their posts are only in that one thread, and look at her post count.

WrathfulDwarf
I've notice that post spam is practically found in other large threads like "What you look like" and "Random Comments" There is also the social threads which also gets abuse.

We could ask to tone down the abuse of posts in those threads.

Tattoo
I've notice that post spam is practically found in other large threads like "What you look like" and "Random Comments" There is also the social threads which also gets abuse.

We could ask to tone down the abuse of posts in those threads.

Social threads don't get post abuse. They are there for social interactions.

However, in the 1,000,000th Post Game you get posts that consist of nothing but quoting your previous post, then quoting it again in another post, all without adding anything to the post. Just empty posts over and over.

In the "What You Look Like" type threads, I'd be more than happy to have all conversations in there made against the rules. I find it annoying to have to search back 10 or more pages just to see the latest posted picture.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, look at chilly for example. He registered in 07...which would make him a moron by your (SV) standards. But then you read some of his posts and you realize he is just a moron in his own right.

Oi!

Blax_Hydralisk
Getting rid of the post count won't do a thing, imo.

I vote against it.

Barker
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Getting rid of the post count won't do a thing, imo.

I vote against it.
You just like to go against the current. 13

Blax_Hydralisk
fo'dizzle 31

kodak
Originally posted by Tattoo
However, in the 1,000,000th Post Game you get posts that consist of nothing but quoting your previous post, then quoting it again in another post, all without adding anything to the post. Just empty posts over and over.

His point is true.
I'll only post in the 1-mill/thread if people are Really talking, which they don't, so its nothing more then a spam-quest.

it might as well be renamed to "The Spam here when bored Thread"

Schecter
eliminate post counts. so much would be solved by doing just that. maybe a type of kudos system for public approval junkies to wear as a badge of honor? whatever the case postcount=spam.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Schecter
eliminate post counts. so much would be solved by doing just that. maybe a type of kudos system for public approval junkies to wear as a badge of honor? whatever the case postcount=spam. Johnny Blaze in da hiz. kidding. smile

Syren
I've been here four years and I've notched up 33153 posts. I consider this to be a lot, but it doesn't mean I'm a spammer. I also appreciate being able to see what my post count is. Not for any real reason, when I think about it, I just like that it's tallying my posts.

Anyway, I say keep the post count. As others have already mentioned, getting rid of it won't deter the trolls or spammers. They'd simply find some other way to piss us all off.

WrathfulDwarf
*stands next to Syren*

Yeah!

Barker
Make it so you get a PM telling you how many posts you have on your anniversary or something. haermm

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Syren
I've been here four years and I've notched up 33153 posts. I consider this to be a lot, but it doesn't mean I'm a spammer. I also appreciate being able to see what my post count is. Not for any real reason, when I think about it, I just like that it's tallying my posts.

Anyway, I say keep the post count. As others have already mentioned, getting rid of it won't deter the trolls or spammers. They'd simply find some other way to piss us all off. yes

Captain REX
Perhaps enable yourself to see your own post count, but not those of others?

Vinny Valentine
Maybe make it you only get a count if you post a certain amount of words.

Barker
Originally posted by Captain REX
And see how long it takes Morning Glory to start a "Post your postcount here" thread.

Tptmanno1
I really don't care.
I haven't checked my post count in ages. Kill it for all I care.
I mean is there really any sort of use for that mechanism?

Blax_Hydralisk
To see how many posts you have 13

Syren
Originally posted by Captain REX

Good idea, as long as Glory were banned from making threads first ermm

Strangelove
I honestly don't care.

The most I do with my post count is make a thread when I reach a certain number. I don't check it obsessively, I hardly check it at all.

Getting rid of it would just give me one less things to do on KMC

Syren
Strangelove FTL... nahuh

Strangelove
Strangelove FTL... nahuh oh Why? cry

Vinny Valentine
Female Testicle Lasers?

Syren... Wtf?

§P0oONY
Maybe make it you only get a count if you post a certain amount of words. Since when does a posts quality derive from it's length?

Strangelove

Syren
Female Testicle Lasers?

Syren... Wtf?

FOR THE LOSE hysterical

Tattoo
FOR THE LOSE hysterical

FOR THE LOSS no expression

Syren
Oh, shit embarrasment

JacopeX
POST COUNTS FTW!!!!!

Prabhodh
Why not just get rid of KMC altogether, ha? That would sort out all the problems.

I am joking, of course.

Barker
Get rid of Prab all together, ha.

I am not not joking, of course.

Bloigen
FOR THE LOSE hysterical Originally posted by Tattoo
FOR THE LOSS no expression Originally posted by Syren
Oh, shit embarrasment

They're both fine. 131

Schecter
Originally posted by Tattoo
FOR THE LOSS no expression

more commonly stated as 'for the lose'. grammatically incorrect, but none the less accurate.

cyber tuff guy!
Who cares, you can always just start a new account under another name when it gets high or go and invisible mode. erm

Syren
Originally posted by Bloigen
They're both fine. 131

Originally posted by Schecter
more commonly stated as 'for the lose'. grammatically incorrect, but none the less accurate.

OMG, OMG!!

My knights in shining armour eyes

Schecter
Originally posted by cyber tuff guy!
Who cares, you can always just start a new account under another name when it gets high or go and invisible mode. erm

im not tuff like you....online

OMG, OMG!!

My knights in shining armour eyes

wanna see my shining codpiece? vin

Syren
Not particularly. But thanks!

Schecter
your loss schmoll

*shines codpiece*

Syren
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.