Challenge tto the Board:Prove that Wonder Woman Is Stronger Than Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

panthergod
I recently saw a poster claim that Wonder Woman "just is" stronger than Thor.

I'd like to see this claim, which I consider to be laughable, substantiated. With acxtual feats and showings cited, preferably with scans.

Becasue as far as I'm concerned, Thor has proven himself to be stronger than Wonder woman, when it comes to feats, relative power showings, etc He's easily on par with Orion, Lobo, Eradicator, Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman, and the Byrne Era Superman as far as I am concerned. All of those people are clearly stronger than Wonder Woman.

So let's see the feats from Diana that prove her to be physically stronger than Thor, a guy who stalemated the Hulk, Gladiator, Hercules, Drax, etc.

Soljer
I'd like to challenge you to prove that Thor is stronger than Aunt May. no expression.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Soljer
I'd like to challenge you to prove that Thor is stronger than Aunt May. no expression. this is why its hard to argue with u. u mock this forum and is popsters to much.

it has to stop.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by panthergod

I'd like to see this claim, which I consider to be laughable, substantiated. With acxtual feats and showings cited, preferably with scans.

Becasue as far as I'm concerned, Thor has proven himself to be stronger than Wonder woman, when it comes to feats, relative power showings, etc He's easily on par with Orion, Lobo, Eradicator, Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman, and the Byrne Era Superman as far as I am concerned. All of those people are clearly stronger than Wonder Woman.

So let's see the feats from Diana that prove her to be physically stronger than Thor, a guy who stalemated the Hulk, Gladiator, Hercules, Drax, etc.

I know where that claim is from. Nvr was not being serious. He was making a point about you and Quanchi. roll eyes (sarcastic) He was saying that saying Wonder Woman 'just is' stronger than Thor, is a bullshit arguement. wink

Citizen V
Originally posted by quanchi112
this is why its hard to argue with u. u mock this forum and is popsters to much.

it has to stop.

STFU, you idiot.

Really.. Please.

Just.. Stop posting.

For your own sake, if not for everybody elses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I know where that claim is from. Nvr was not being serious. He was making a point about you and Quanchi. roll eyes (sarcastic) He was saying that saying Wonder Woman 'just is' stronger than Thor, is a bullshit arguement. wink nevr changes his mind all the time. i dont care what he thinks as he has admitted to finding out about things without reading them in the context of the story and posting about it anyways. and why do u answer for nver? he can handle himself.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I know where that claim is from. Nvr was not being serious. He was making a point about you and Quanchi. roll eyes (sarcastic) He was saying that saying Wonder Woman 'just is' stronger than Thor, is a bullshit arguement. wink
Exactly. They are too slow to understand.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Citizen V
STFU, you idiot.

Really.. Please.

Just.. Stop posting.

For your own sake, if not for everybody elses. clm down i wont report u for this. just quit with these bash posts.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Exactly. They are too slow to understand. u flip flop all the time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
u flip flop all the time.

Prove it.

quanchi112
Prove it. ill just wait six motnhs and have someone prove it for me as im a lazy poster.

who does that sound like.

laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
ill just wait six motnhs and have someone prove it for me as im a lazy poster.

who does that sound like.

laughing
sounds like I been saying that forever. Is that what you call flip flopping? I know what doesn't flip flop. And I.Q. of 77. It's the same anyway you look at it.

starking
Close this, it's just trouble waiting to happen...

quanchi112
sounds like I been saying that forever. Is that what you call flip flopping? I know what doesn't flip flop. And I.Q. of 77. It's the same anyway you look at it. nver u get ur info from other posters not from comics.

nuff said.

gogogadgetgo
confused
blink

Magee
oh god the irony, Quanchi I very much doubt you read any comics and if you do you clearly dont have the mental capacity to understand what you read.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Magee
oh god the irony, Quanchi I very much doubt you read any comics and if you do you clearly dont have the mental capacity to understand what you read.

Concur.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Magee
oh god the irony, Quanchi I very much doubt you read any comics and if you do you clearly dont have the mental capacity to understand what you read. enough with the bashing. i grasp comics very well but lots on here see what they want to see and dont look outside thier private little way of thinking.

quanchi112
Originally posted by spetznaz
Concur. im glad u didnt go off on a rant. ur posts usually are to long to address a point or two.

nvrbeenwthagirl
enough with the bashing. i grasp comics very well but lots on here see what they want to see and dont look outside thier private little way of thinking.

So you are correct and everyone else is wrong. laughing laughing laughing

quanchi112
So you are correct and everyone else is wrong. laughing laughing laughing like u have never been there before. its u half the time as well. but if u happen to be in the majority u try to use it as a debating point.

laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
like u have never been there before. its u half the time as well. but if u happen to be in the majority u try to use it as a debating point.

laughing

I've been in the minority on my points. You are in the minority on the way you debate and your own view of yourself. BIG difference. But as someone already stated, you don't understand anyway.

quanchi112
I've been in the minority on my points. You are in the minority on the way you debate and your own view of yourself. BIG difference. But as someone already stated, you don't understand anyway. u base ur opinion of other posters opinions not on the comics themselves.

see the diff.

stick out tongue

grey fox
u base ur opinion of other posters opinions not on the comics themselves.

see the diff.

stick out tongue

Slight difference, our opinions are validated by filtering through OUR rules. Comics are so flexible that to make any sense you have to have a rigid system in place.

Dont like it ? Go to CBR.

Fire Ninja
She isn't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by grey fox
Slight difference, our opinions are validated by filtering through OUR rules. Comics are so flexible that to make any sense you have to have a rigid system in place.

Dont like it ? Go to CBR. chill out. ill stay here and i have a cbr count as quanchi112 of course. but i prefer it here as i have only posted there a few times.

Jyppe
Originally posted by panthergod

Ugh, didn't Wondy have Hercules in a Chokehold and pretty much "helpless" in one of the Avengers vs JLA comics? I'm not sure if it means anything, but I just decided to throw it out there. I've never (ugh, nver) considered Wondy as Thor's best. Supes, on the other hand is IMO quite a bit stronger than Thor is though. At least that's how I view it. Just to add, I don't really like DC comics or characters that much, so I'm trying to as objective as I can be.

Shin_Nikkolas
She's not stronger than Thor.

Citizen V
clm down i wont report u for this. just quit with these bash posts.

Report me, please.

See if I care.

boriquaking55
Who is this Quanchi person I keep hearing about? All I see of him when he posts is this.

This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click here

h1a8
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
She's not stronger than Thor.

How do you know?

Because strength feats are in WW's favor (Unless you can show otherwise).

Priest
Originally posted by Citizen V
Report me, please.

See if I care.
Reported no expression

stick out tongue

CaptainStoic
The version that was being choked out by Wonder Woman was the mortal Hercules... or was he the immortal one? I would tend to believe that it was his mortal form because a couple characters seen in the cross-over appeared in comics after Zeus stripped him of his immortality. I could be wrong so I leave a huge gap for the chance that I am wrong. I favor Thor but it dos not mean that he is stronger than Wonder Woman, I mean for crying out loud Superman hit her harder than he hit Thor and she woke up quicker. i'm referring to the recent story of when his mind was infected by Max Lord, and he punched her from the sun to the earth. To add to this he thought that he was fighting Doomsday, and to take vengeange upon finding out that he killed Lois. Superman was not holding back like he was with Thor. Hmmmmm this looks like Diana is superior to Thor in more ways than one. Diana passed out, but she woke up faster than Thor did. Who's tougher? Wonder Woman period.

Soljer
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
The version that was being choked out by Wonder Woman was the mortal Hercules... or was he the immortal one? I would tend to believe that it was his mortal form because a couple characters seen in the cross-over appeared in comics after Zeus stripped him of his immortality. I could be wrong so I leave a huge gap for the chance that I am wrong. I favor Thor but it dos not mean that he is stronger than Wonder Woman, I mean for crying out loud Superman hit her harder than he hit Thor and she woke up quicker. i'm referring to the recent story of when his mind was infected by Max Lord, and he punched her from the sun to the earth. To add to this he thought that he was fighting Doomsday, and to take vengeange upon finding out that he killed Lois. Superman was not holding back like he was with Thor. Hmmmmm this looks like Diana is superior to Thor in more ways than one. Diana passed out, but she woke up faster than Thor did. Who's tougher? Wonder Woman period.

Did he have the tattoo?

CaptainStoic
Did he have the tattoo?

Oh! I see. Are you referring to the new Thor? Great queston. This could change things. By the way I only picked up Thor number 1 of his return from death. I'm saving my loot to go overseas lol. So I'm a little out of the loop.

Soljer
Oh! I see. Are you referring to the new Thor? Great queston. This could change things.

No.

I was referring to Hercules. You pondered about whether it was mortal or immortal.

Did he have the tattoo?

CaptainStoic
No.

I was referring to Hercules. You pondered about whether it was mortal or immortal.

Did he have the tattoo?

I don't recall seeing a tattoo so I would say no he did not have a tattoo... I see your point. As I concluded in my earlier post I honestly believe that Diana is tougher than thor, but as far as strength goes, I am still undecided, what's your take on this?

Soljer
If there was no lightning bolt tattoo on Hercules, then it would have been the immortal form, I do believe.

CaptainStoic
There was no tatoo.

carver9
Theres no proof to say that superman or wonderwoman is stronger than thor. We have yet to see thor struggle to lift anything, so why would you say that superman or wonderwoman is stronger than someone when there is nothing to compare.

My judgement is that thor is stronger than both.

Soljer
There was no tatoo.

Then it was immortal hercules. smile.

CaptainStoic
Looks like Diana is a monster in the power dept. Thor would likely be pressed to the limits, and if he lost Mjolnir, she would beat him. This is my honest opinion.

D-Block
WW isn't stronger than Thor or Supes.

CaptainStoic
Well prove your point D-Block, Wonder Woman and Thor took a punch from Superman, and both were knocked out, the only difference here is that Superman normally holds back, and against Wonder Woman he did not. His mind was infected by Max Lord. Max Lord convinced Superman that Wonder Woman was Doomsday, and that Doomsday had killed Lois, in so believing that the love of his life was dead his inhibitions were removed, he then proceeded to drag Diana into space, and punched her back to earth... this is where it gets interesting she blacked out before reaching orbit, but the heat of re-enty began to waken her, she attempted to stop her free fall, but could not stop in time for her to avoid impacting the earth. She was moving faster than terminal velocity... far faster, because it was Superman that swatted her back there. She hit with the force of a comet, but got back to her feet in moments, Thor would not be able to do this. How can I say this??? Well in the Avengers/JLA cross-over Superman was not fighting to kill Thor, and yet he still managed to knock him out, and for a much longer duration. With Wonder Woman he didn't even get a ten count out of her. She would most likely beat Thor, she is far more durable, as my argument indicates. I really hated admitting that Wonder Woman could take him because I like Thor more, but come on now... she can take better than he can give, but he can not take what she gives.

CaptainStoic
D-Block here's a few links to show you the fight that i was talking about.

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job17mx.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job29bn.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job39vm.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job40cx.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job59fa.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job60xb.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job79wa.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Theres no proof to say that superman or wonderwoman is stronger than thor. We have yet to see thor struggle to lift anything, so why would you say that superman or wonderwoman is stronger than someone when there is nothing to compare.

My judgement is that thor is stronger than both.

Why in your judgement (not opinion) should Thor be stronger than both?
Is it because he has greater strength feats? Thor has no strength feat that tops superman's and diana's best ones.

Is it because he is a god? If yes, then do you know what a god is?
It is a male being with supernatural powers that is worshipped by a people. By this definition both Superman and Wonder Woman can be gods (provided they are worshipped by a people). Also Loki and other asgardians are also gods. Yet they are not even class 100 in strength.
So Thor being stronger because he is a god is faulty.

These characters don't exist. So they don't have any strength whatsoever. Also many of the writers haven't even put a cap on the strength of some characters they write about (not even in their own mind). Even the current writers opinion means nothing since he doesn't know how strong is the other from the opposite company to say that his character is stronger. Thus the only way to prove who is stronger is on panel feats. It is even fair to say that certain writers of both Thor and Superman agreed that Superman is stronger (This is not canon though but is useful only if want to go on the opinions of the writers).

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by h1a8
Why in your judgement (not opinion) should Thor be stronger than both?
Is it because he has greater strength feats? Thor has no strength feat that tops superman's and diana's best ones.

Is it because he is a god? If yes, then do you know what a god is?
It is a male being with supernatural powers that is worshipped by a people. By this definition both Superman and Wonder Woman can be gods (provided they are worshipped by a people). Also Loki and other asgardians are also gods. Yet they are not even class 100 in strength.
So Thor being stronger because he is a god is faulty.

These characters don't exist. So they don't have any strength whatsoever. Also many of the writers haven't even put a cap on the strength of some characters they write about (not even in their own mind). Even the current writers opinion means nothing since he doesn't know how strong is the other from the opposite company to say that his character is stronger. Thus the only way to prove who is stronger is on panel feats. It is even fair to say that certain writers of both Thor and Superman agreed that Superman is stronger (This is not canon though but is useful only if want to go on the opinions of the writers).

his judgment is his opinion. he's entitled to it

i dont see him saying that thor is stronger coz his a god. its just your specualtion.

dear lord, where'd you get that deffinition? a god, in most religions is a being/diety who is belived to be the creator of all things. the supreme being. this is true in todays three primary religion. christianity, islam and budism. to them, god, buda, alah, is the creator of all things. there are religions however with multiple gods such as the greek gods and the roman gods. examples are ares, god of war. afrodiety, god of beauty.

they do exist, not as real people such as us but as fictional characters in comics. if they didnt exist, then there would be no comics now would there.

as for the strength business, there is no indication that superman is stronger than thor. maybe more durable, but stronger? was it stated that superman was physically stronger? it seems to me that they were pretty equally matched in the strength department. it just so happend that superman was more durable than thor by a bit. and thor was fighting like a morron again. just using his hammer like a regular blunt weapon.

and since you brought this crossover up, thor and superman were matched up coz the writers saw them as equals while wonderwoman was matched up with hercules, the lesser of the two marvel powerhouses.

gogogadgetgo
Well prove your point D-Block, Wonder Woman and Thor took a punch from Superman, and both were knocked out, the only difference here is that Superman normally holds back, and against Wonder Woman he did not. His mind was infected by Max Lord. Max Lord convinced Superman that Wonder Woman was Doomsday, and that Doomsday had killed Lois, in so believing that the love of his life was dead his inhibitions were removed, he then proceeded to drag Diana into space, and punched her back to earth... this is where it gets interesting she blacked out before reaching orbit, but the heat of re-enty began to waken her, she attempted to stop her free fall, but could not stop in time for her to avoid impacting the earth. She was moving faster than terminal velocity... far faster, because it was Superman that swatted her back there. She hit with the force of a comet, but got back to her feet in moments, Thor would not be able to do this. How can I say this??? Well in the Avengers/JLA cross-over Superman was not fighting to kill Thor, and yet he still managed to knock him out, and for a much longer duration. With Wonder Woman he didn't even get a ten count out of her. She would most likely beat Thor, she is far more durable, as my argument indicates. I really hated admitting that Wonder Woman could take him because I like Thor more, but come on now... she can take better than he can give, but he can not take what she gives.

and your point is wonderwoman is stronger coz she got up faster? i didnt know you could gauge strength by durability now a days.

and what gave you the impression that superman was hodling back against thor? if i remember correctly, he was very pissed at marvel's heros.

and the issue your talking about? i'd call all of that as PIS/CIS. why? lets see

superman has super hearing - yup
superman is faster than wonderwoman - yup
superman not hearing wonderwoman creep up from behind - PIS, come on, he could hear a whisper a mile away and he couldnt hear wonderwoman? thats PIS if i ever saw one.
superman would have heard her a mile a way and he could have dodged her attack. probably forgat he was actually trying to listen with his hearing and used his vision instead. like i said, PIS

that is a very clear example of making superman stupid while boosting wonder woman.

CaptainStoic
In boxing, if two fighters are knocked down at the same moment it would be the figher that rose first that would be the victor. Wonder Woman took Supermans best punch while he was under the influence of Max Lord... Superman has fought Doomsday, so he knows not to hold his punches back, with Thor he did. Superman has stated many times in the comics that he has to hold his strength back because he is afraid to kill the other person or creature. When he fought Thor he was not in the same mind frame as he was when he fought Wonder Woman, so logic dictates that he hit her harder than he did Thor. Thor has never put Hercules down the way Diana did, she actually looked like she was playing with him, while Thor has to go all out, and only stalemates Hercules. Does anyone have any scans that can prove that Thor has beaten Hercules decisively?

Sirius77
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo

i dont see him saying that thor is stronger coz his a god. its just your specualtion.

dear lord, where'd you get that deffinition? a god, in most religions is a being/diety who is belived to be the creator of all things. the supreme being. this is true in todays three primary religion. christianity, islam and budism. to them, god, buda, alah, is the creator of all things. there are religions however with multiple gods such as the greek gods and the roman gods. examples are ares, god of war. afrodiety, god of beauty.

they do exist, not as real people such as us but as fictional characters in comics. if they didnt exist, then there would be no comics now would there.

as for the strength business, there is no indication that superman is stronger than thor. maybe more durable, but stronger? was it stated that superman was physically stronger? it seems to me that they were pretty equally matched in the strength department. it just so happend that superman was more durable than thor by a bit. and thor was fighting like a morron again. just using his hammer like a regular blunt weapon.

and since you brought this crossover up, thor and superman were matched up coz the writers saw them as equals while wonderwoman was matched up with hercules, the lesser of the two marvel powerhouses.

There actually is an indication that Superman is stronger.
He caught Mjolnir with one hand. Thor looked like he was
swinging pretty hard, and Supes caught it.... He caught
a plot device. What more proof do you need?

I could give you moon moving feats, or when he splits
moons in half or knocks them out of orbit with his
punches without realizing it. Just visit the Respect
Thread.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Sirius77
There actually is an indication that Superman is stronger.
He caught Mjolnir with one hand. Thor looked like he was
swinging pretty hard, and Supes caught it.... He caught
a plot device. What more proof do you need?

I could give you moon moving feats, or when he splits
moons in half or knocks them out of orbit with his
punches without realizing it. Just visit the Respect
Thread.

and thor caught the hammer in mid flight with ease when it was hurrled at him by eric at full force. as encripted in the hammer, he who is worth can wield it. and at that point, superman was which is why he caught it.

moving the moon inst much of a strength feet. in space the moon weights less then it actually is as the pull of the earth's geravity is already very minimal. just enough to keep it in ordbit. and superman pushing it aint strengh, its more of a testiment to his flying powers.

any pushing and pulling while in flight is more of a flight/ flying feet than strength.

nvrbeenwthagirl
and thor caught the hammer in mid flight with ease when it was hurrled at him by eric at full force. as encripted in the hammer, he who is worth can wield it. and at that point, superman was which is why he caught it.

moving the moon inst much of a strength feet. in space the moon weights less then it actually is as the pull of the earth's geravity is already very minimal. just enough to keep it in ordbit. and superman pushing it aint strengh, its more of a testiment to his flying powers.

any pushing and pulling while in flight is more of a flight/ flying feet than strength.

No. His muscles would crush under the weight and strain if he didn't have the strength to also handle the feat.

gogogadgetgo
No. His muscles would crush under the weight and strain if he didn't have the strength to also handle the feat.

superman has his tactile whatever. again, not really a streangth feat. just sayin that when it comes to lifting feats, its hard to tell when superman is just using his shear strength or when his ttk is also in play.

wonderwoman lifting feats is pure strengh as she has no ttk. thor lifting feats are also pure strength (if does have any lifting feats, only thing that comes to mind is the midgar serpent fishing thing). superman on the other hand has ttk and strength. if you can guage how much is pure sterngth and how much is ttk then great.

Harry Fingerman
D-Block here's a few links to show you the fight that i was talking about.

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job17mx.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job29bn.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job39vm.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job40cx.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job59fa.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job60xb.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=job79wa.jpg I like how in the scan links, it says "job".
I giggled.

h1a8

How can a question be speculation? Either he thinks Thor is stronger because he is a god or not. The rebuttal only goes for the yes and not the no.

And my friend, for nearly every word in the english language there are multiple definitions. A god (with lower case g) is not God (with uppercase G). The lowercase g god is defined in the way I explained earlier (look it up in a good dictionary like 'The American Heritage').

Your nitpicking at my arguments. Of course these characters exist in comics and also in the writer's mind. But as long as they don't exist as real beings then they have no real strength whatsoever (just fictional strength). But since they don't have any real strength then the only way to say whose stronger is by feats (since their top strength is unknown). Otherwise who can say that any class 100 being is stronger than another? For example, how do we know that Thor is stronger than Wonderman or current Colossus when they are all class 100? How do we know that Sentry is stronger than current Colossus or Wonderman? Yet we know (by feats or showings).
So by a history of feats and showings we can know that Superman is much stronger than Thor. Otherwise who can say that X is stronger than Y if they're both class 100, didn't show any limits, or didn't armwrestle? Because winning a fight doesn't show it (since speed, skill, durability, and power set plays a part).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.