Mass Effect

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bardiel13
I was shocked to find the lack of a Mass Effect thread. There could be one long dead, but I'd rather not dig for one.

So, who else is more excited than an alchy Oktoberfest about this sci-fi epic of an RPG?!

fanboy 1988
If it's anything like KOTOR, it's gonna be real good..

Bardiel13
Originally posted by fanboy 1988
If it's anything like KOTOR, it's gonna be real good..

I would've liked KOTOR better if it weren't for the DnD battle system and battle engine alltogether. Luckily for me, MA sports real-time shooting, without instant lock-on and attack queues.

AstroFan
I know there is one here somewhere, I posted in it. lol

But yes, this game looks amzaing.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Bardiel13
I would've liked KOTOR better if it weren't for the DnD battle system and battle engine alltogether. Luckily for me, MA sports real-time shooting, without instant lock-on and attack queues.
So that means it's not going to be like. you shoot. Five seconds goes by...the other guy shoots. Kinda thing you can actually shoot when you want? If so I'm so getting this game, I hated that about KOTOR. Dynamite plot and all but that ruined the game for me.

Lana
Okay, I KNOW there's a thread on this already...but I can't find it. Nothing's coming up on the search.

On topic...meh. I like RPGs but Mass Effect doesn't look very appealing to me.

Smasandian
I think it looks appealing because I love KOTOR and do not like RPG's.

shin_gear
This game will be one of those ub3rly detailed 360 games.

Morridini
Yeah I am really looking forward to this game.

Love RPGs, ad this one is so darned big, I love to have a big galaxy t roam around it. KotOR was a great RPG, but they only had like 8 planets to go to, if they had a Galaxy at the scope of ME it would be really amazing.

Here are some great vids you should check out:

Trailer - (looks really great, very movie like feeling):
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22840.html

Two vids where they talk about Mass Effect, should be watched in the following order (keep in mind that they are both from 2006):
1 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11790.html
2 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/15568.html

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Morridini
Yeah I am really looking forward to this game.

Love RPGs, ad this one is so darned big, I love to have a big galaxy t roam around it. KotOR was a great RPG, but they only had like 8 planets to go to, if they had a Galaxy at the scope of ME it would be really amazing.

Here are some great vids you should check out:

Trailer - (looks really great, very movie like feeling):
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22840.html

Two vids where they talk about Mass Effect, should be watched in the following order (keep in mind that they are both from 2006):
1 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11790.html
2 - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/15568.html

eek! eek! eek!
OMFG
Finally, a next Gen video game

Morridini
Anyone else considered picking up the book?
Just found out it is the same author who did Star Wars: Path of Destruction. So now I really want to read it.

Info about book aswell as sample of the prologue: http://masseffect.bioware.com/galacticcodex/revelation.html

SpikeSpiegel
I can't wait for this game. I've read the prequel novel and couldn't put it down. In my opinion this game could definately be the Game of the Year. Supposedly it's got more dialogue than 20 movies....

WrathfulDwarf
Bioware is been keeping a good track with their RPG (at least for me)

KOTOR
Jade Empire
Neverwinter Nights

Sure, I'll give Mass Effect a try.

Morridini
Yeah the name BioWare usually goes hand in hand with the word success.

Maestro
Anyone know if this is going to go live?, think of the possibilities.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Maestro
Anyone know if this is going to go live?, think of the possibilities.

Probably not. It'll be hookd up o LIVE for downloadable content, but multiplayer is extremely unlikely.

Anywho, who else is excited about ALIEN TATAS?! Better yet, LESBIAN ALIEN TATAS!!

Haha, I'm interested to see how that turns out.

AstroFan
Freak. huh

stick out tongue

Bardiel13
Originally posted by AstroFan
Freak. huh

stick out tongue

You know you're shaking with anticipation for lesbian alien tatas. Don't lie. Happy Dance

Smasandian
No way this is going MP.

But who needs it when you can easily have atleast 40 hours of gameplay without any random battles, or cheap ways of lengthing a game.

InnerRise
And I note the "at least 40 hours of gameplay" b/c this game is said to be epic....huge.......meaning LONG.......

Who knows.....maybe Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess long.....bunches of dugeons.......bunches of planets.....perhaps even longer.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Smasandian
Twilight Princess was roughly 40 hours, especially if you tried to get all the heart containers, bugs, poes, and other things.

I heared that Mass Effect is that long without any fetching quests that have no point to the overall story.

I love it though because I had a great time with KOTOR and I love games on where you have to talk to people and find out whats happening.

SpikeSpiegel
Twilight Princess wasn't too long for me. Playing through at a regular pace I finished it in 3 days, got most of the heart containers and side quests done too. But Mass Effect is meant to be something like 50 hour story and 30 hours of side quests. So that should be interesting. Also, aparently no-one who's been testing it has done everything yet, so I can't wait. I wanna visit every planet, save the universe, and get the girl...though I haven't decided which one yet, gonna have to see their personalities stick out tongue

Bardiel13
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
and get the girl...though I haven't decided which one yet, gonna have to see their personalities stick out tongue

There's only 3 you can get. The human chick, if you're a dude. The alien chick, if you're a dude or a chick. And the human dude, if you're a chick. Interspecies lesbianism looks promising... laughing

AstroFan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Twilight Princess was roughly 40 hours, especially if you tried to get all the heart containers, bugs, poes, and other things.

I heared that Mass Effect is that long without any fetching quests that have no point to the overall story.

I love it though because I had a great time with KOTOR and I love games on where you have to talk to people and find out whats happening.

Thats doubly good for me, I loved doing the sidequests in KoToR. SO this game should be way longer than 40 for me.

Morridini
Just saw an interesting vid: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/718/718963/vid_2123425.html

Like how it is more usually to change weapons, instead of using one for a very loong time.

Maestro
I can't believe this is coming out on the same day as assasin's creed and army of two LoL, talk about london buses.

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by Bardiel13
There's only 3 you can get. The human chick, if you're a dude. The alien chick, if you're a dude or a chick. And the human dude, if you're a chick. Interspecies lesbianism looks promising... laughing

Yeah, but I can't decide between how human woman, or alluring alien chick. stick out tongue

Morridini
Originally posted by Maestro
I can't believe this is coming out on the same day as assasin's creed and army of two LoL, talk about london buses.

Um...
Mass Effect - 23rd of November
Assassin's Creed 9th of November.
Army of Two 30th of November

And these are all UK/Scandinavia dates.

Count Makashi
This is one of two games, that are xbox exclusives (the other is Fable 2), that i wish were on PS3. Surely the game of the year,

WrathfulDwarf
Mass Effect gone gold.

You know these past few months of playing Bioshock and Halo 3. A good RPG might be what I need.

BackFire
Game Informer reviewed this game and gave it a 9.75, heave praise. Can't wait for this game.

WrathfulDwarf
Yeah, but that comes from that magazine usually found at Gamestop. They could be evil too..we cant' trust them.

BackFire
Nah, they're a solid magazine. They're sold at gamestop but their reviews are fair.

Morridini
But what did they review? The end product isn't finished yet...

BackFire
Yes, it is. They reviewed the final game. Most games are pretty much completed 2 months or so before release. Then they just go back and find whatever minor bugs there may be and then it hits gold status.

Morridini
Hmm, ok, didn't know that. The way games keep getting delayed every now and then it seems like they use all the time they got to work on it.

AstroFan
Originally posted by BackFire
Game Informer reviewed this game and gave it a 9.75, heave praise. Can't wait for this game.

Same score as Halo, but Halo got game of the month, damn. roll eyes (sarcastic) lol

Mišt
Buying a 360 just for this game, cant wait.

Smasandian
Cant wait.

InnerRise
Can wait. Still have to finish Bioshock and Half Life 2 and Episode 1 and 2.

Phew.

fanboy 1988
I just preordered it yesterday, I can't wait till the 20th I'm going to get it as soon as the store opens

WrathfulDwarf
There will be a limited Edition after all...

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B200404A

Bardiel13
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
There will be a limited Edition after all...

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B200404A

...and I didn't preorder it D: Luckily, my friend did, so I get the soundtrack. Yippee!

WrathfulDwarf
What blows about this is that it is only available from the site. You can't get it elsewhere. So, I've decided to order it directly from EB Games and change my pre-order from Gamestop to another game.

I was disappointed with not getting the Limited Edition of Bioshock. I'm not going to let it happen again.

(I'm a limited edition whore...so it hurts my pride not to get what I want)

Smasandian
Meh, I used to get the Limited Editions and I just gave up. I never bothered with any of the extra shit.

So I stopped.

Morridini
New TV spot: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27677.html?type=flv

I have started getting so used to see the standard looks for Shepard that I am starting to consider possibly making my Sheppard look like this one...

Morridini
Another new trailer, this one quite good: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27725.html

AstroFan
That is very good, this game will require atleast two plays. stick out tongue

I cant wait. big grin

AstroFan
I picked this up at my local movie gallery, they had no idea about the release date. stick out tongue

Ive only played a little bit, but I absolutely love it. The combat is kinda meh, but the story is great, and the dialog and animation during dialog scenes are a million times better than KOTOR.

Just as a note, if the game looks odd to you, graphically, check the options, it has motion blur and film grain turned on. You can turn those off if it bother you.

Bardiel13
I picked this up at my local movie gallery, they had no idea about the release date. stick out tongue

Ive only played a little bit, but I absolutely love it. The combat is kinda meh, but the story is great, and the dialog and animation during dialog scenes are a million times better than KOTOR.

Just as a note, if the game looks odd to you, graphically, check the options, it has motion blur and film grain turned on. You can turn those off if it bother you.

Curse you... Mine doesn't arrive until Friday, release week :C

AstroFan
I played a little more, I should of used the default face, my created Shepard looks like crap. laughing out loud

I love the dynamic between the villain Saren and Shepard, im already falling in love with the story.

Lightningrod
spoiler tags?

Morridini
Spoilers for what exactly? Nothing have been said yet...

Lightningrod
nevermind
but this game looks awesome
I wish I had an Xbox 360, I would sure get this game in the future

AstroFan
Originally posted by Lightningrod
spoiler tags?

What did I spoil? roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
That a villain exists?

H. S. 6
That a villain exists?

Stop!

I'd think a Moderator would refuse to participate in such earnest spoiler-ation of the story! stick out tongue

BackFire
Yeah, I know.

Watch out, another spoiler incoming. The title of the game is Mass Effect.

No need to even play it, now, you know so much about it.

InnerRise
My God Guys!

Bejessus!

Stop with the spoilers!

I want the title to be a surprise!

miffed

But yeah......I'm so sucked into Assassin's Creed...there's no need for me to get this game right away. I'm really excited for it and can't wait to get and play it..................but I'll get it when I get it....meh...whenever that is.

Meh.

Can't wait!

EDIT: Oh yeah.....I can wait....

Morridini
Yeah, I know.

Watch out, another spoiler incoming. The title of the game is Mass Effect.

No need to even play it, now, you know so much about it.

Hmm, speaking of which. Anyone have any idea what they mean by that title?

InnerRise
One's actions will have a "Mass Effect" on the way the game plays out.

Smasandian
According to the 1up show, Mass Effect was around 15-20 hours long.

Is thier any truth in that?

And I'm talking overall story without side quests. Also, they loved the game but a few of them thought the side quests kinda of sucked.

ragesRemorse
According to the 1up show, Mass Effect was around 15-20 hours long.

Is thier any truth in that?

And I'm talking overall story without side quests. Also, they loved the game but a few of them thought the side quests kinda of sucked.

15-20 hours. Thats not to bad, As long as the side quest options are broader than KOTOR or Oblivion

Ushgarak
Kinda buggers up some of the earlier hype if true though.

The game title comes from an in-game phenomenon.

AstroFan
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
15-20 hours. Thats not to bad, As long as the side quest options are broader than KOTOR or Oblivion

I havent done any sidequests yet, I have had an opening for one, it was bringing a guys dead wife to him so she could be cremated.

Morridini
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The game title comes from an in-game phenomenon.

And do you happen to know what that phenomenon is?

Ushgarak
Well, I heard it was to do with all the powers in-game. You know, 'cos they cannot use the Force any more.

AstroFan
This game is about as Star Wars as you can be without actually being Star Wars. lol

Its much more like Kotor than Jade Empire.

WrathfulDwarf
Getting some great reviews....

Morridini
Indeed it is: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/930279.asp

For some reason GameRankings didn't hav ethe GameTrailers review on their list, anyway here it is: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27704.html

"Too many sidequests", one of the best things I have heard in a while.

Bardiel13
On the title meaning, all of your are wrong. As unclimactically as it sounds, Mass Effect is simply named after the Mass Effect Field technology that was discovered on Mars or something, which rocketted Humankind into the space age.

Ushgarak
Err, no, I am right, actually, seeing as I was working from a quote from the project manager.

AstroFan
The opening of the game says what Mass Effect is, I forget what it says, but you can see it on IGN in the video of the opening scene.

Morridini
Ushy is correct: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152811

And wikipedia was kind enough to sort out the important info from all that text for me:

"Inside the game universe, mass effect is a newly discovered (for humans anyway) physics phenomenon that has properties along the lines of other physics forces such as gravity and electromagnetism. It's what physicists in real life are currently calling "dark energy," as an explanation for the accelerating expansion of the universe -- which has only recently been discovered and flies in the face of the previous notion that the universe's expansion should be slowing down because of gravity"

Bardiel13
Eh, didn't read Ush's post, but I guess that makes us both right.

Smasandian
I heared that the game is really good but has some signficant flaws in it.

Still picking it up because I loved KOTOR.

ragesRemorse
After my first hour of play. I am, thus far, highly impressed. The character customization is thorough, even allowing a back story for your character to be chosen. I am already intrigued by the potential of the story. It seems that the class options actually offer difference in gameplay. The gameplay is both foreign and familiar. The combination of action adventure and RPG elements seem as though they are going to culminate in an intense experience. I'm not sure the over the shoulder aspect will be enough to lure fps fans. Although, it certainly does an incredible job at adding a fresh feel to the RPG aspect. It reminds me of the decision Bethesda chose in integrating the first person mode to Oblivion. It turned many RPG fans off, but gave slight but radical tone to the game. THe RPG element of this game seems as though it is going to be very deep and ever changing like the story.
The few glaring problems i have met in the game is that it is glitchy at times and the environment textures dont always load seemlesly. Ive also noticed a few frame rate struggles. I dont know if these problems are forgivable, considering how long the game has been in development, but the game seems like it is going to be an original gaming experience none the less

Bardiel13
As expected, it did not come in the mail, today. However, my friend wants to rent it at blockbuster today, though I doubt they have it. Sigh...

Phat J
i dont know, im on the fence about this game. the only problems ive heard with it so far is that there are a lot of issues with framerate and clunky menu controls. ill probably get it, but thats just frustrating because with a game of this potential you'd think they'd weed out that sort of thing.

Violent2Dope
This game looks beyond awesome. God I need a 360.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
This game looks beyond awesome. God I need a 360.

aside from the facial mapping. I think assasins creed actually looks better. Which is dissapointing, because the game was supposed to have groundbreaking graphics. It is just what NEXT GEN always should have been to me. Call of duty, ghost recon 2, halo, heavenyl sword and assasins creed are all on par and in some ways beyond the graphical offerings in mass effect

InnerRise
Originally posted by Phat J
i dont know, im on the fence about this game. the only problems ive heard with it so far is that there are a lot of issues with framerate and clunky menu controls. ill probably get it, but thats just frustrating because with a game of this potential you'd think they'd weed out that sort of thing. X-Play just gave this game a 5 out of 5 tonight. They did comment on the framerate and there are some minimal problems but they aren't overly troublesome. They say the game is still a must have.

I just wish they had commented on the length of the game. I've been hearing/reading some things.

I'll get this game in all due time.

Violent2Dope
aside from the facial mapping. I think assasins creed actually looks better. Which is dissapointing, because the game was supposed to have groundbreaking graphics. It is just what NEXT GEN always should have been to me. Call of duty, ghost recon 2, halo, heavenyl sword and assasins creed are all on par and in some ways beyond the graphical offerings in mass effect I wasn't just talking about graphics.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I wasn't just talking about graphics. That's what he's talking about. ermm

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by InnerRise
That's what he's talking about. ermm

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... He quoted me. erm

Morridini
Sure it has some problems, but as GameTrailers said for instance, they are mere specks in a "Celestial sea of Awesomeness" (even though I am unfamiliar with the word "Celestial"wink. So it doesn't seem like a big deal.

FistOfThe North
Holy, Mass Effects out. Didn't know.

Just called Gamstop and they said they've had it since yesterday.

Well, i got my reserve and it's time to pick it up then...

InnerRise
Yup.......came out yesterday.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm getting my copy of ME today (great! Just when I'm about to go travel on Thanksgiving holiday) so this whole month I'm stuck with Contra 4, Assassins Creed, and eventually Call of Duty 4.

What a great season for video games.

Bardiel13
So I just found out the my game shipped TODAY (as in NOT on release day) and is estimated to arrive A F**KING WEEK FROM TODAY. If I didn't save so much freakin money by using that gift card I got, I'd have given amazon.com a rightious flip of the bird, gotten my money back, and have picked it up at Wal-Mart hous ago, which means I'd be playing it right now and not writing this.

DAMN IT

InnerRise
I don't see why so many people Pre-Order CERTAIN games anyway.

You should have just waited to go out and get it from Wal-Mart or wherever in the first place in my opinion anyway. This is what happens when you Pre-Order. (For no reason in my opinion)

Smasandian
The only time I think preordering is necessary is if the game is not going to be popular, but will sell out on release date due to small amount of copies.

AstroFan
I understand pre orders, but I never understood ordering it online. Just go buy the ****ing things. Unless you live in Antarctica or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
I don't see why so many people Pre-Order CERTAIN games anyway.

You should have just waited to go out and get it from Wal-Mart or wherever in the first place in my opinion anyway. This is what happens when you Pre-Order. (For no reason in my opinion)

I totally agree. Ive NEVER not been able to purchase a game that i wanted within the first week of its release. The only time i had trouble buying games on their release dates, was gta vice city and gran turismo 4. Two babbages and one gamestop was sold out. So, i went to K-mart both times and success

I asked one of the guys at gamestop near the halo3 release. If there was a point in reserving games aside from special trinkets.
He said "oh, yeah games sell out all the time and your forced to wait a month for the next shipment" "We are expecting Halo 3 to sell out within the first two days"

Yeah, dont EVER believe a random jag off at gamestop

Phat J
i got the very last copy of assasins creed at eb. that almost really sucked
X-Play just gave this game a 5 out of 5 tonight. They did comment on the framerate and there are some minimal problems but they aren't overly troublesome. They say the game is still a must have.

I just wish they had commented on the length of the game. I've been hearing/reading some things.

I'll get this game in all due time.

yeah im probably going to pick it up, just not right away. i think i might get xbox live first, its just so expensive. all that shit about the xbox being cheaper than the ps3 was such a lie. pay an extra hundred but get 300 or 400 more in value.

AstroFan
Live is just 50 bucks man, its less than the price of a game.

Ill take Xbox's pay service over Playstation's non existent online service.

Phat J
plus 150 for a wireless set up, plus however much for the hd set up. all of which comes with th ps3 package.

dont get me wrong, im happy with my 360, but its certainly not cheaper than the ps3 when you look at all the additional costs.

Smasandian
Keyword....additional costs.

You dont need an wireless set.

AstroFan
If you mean HD setup as in cables, 360 comes with them while the PS doesnt.

But if you mean HD DVD, that isnt required to play and is at a reasonable price for an add on. It wasnt forced like the Bluray for PS3.

Ushgarak
I understand pre orders, but I never understood ordering it online. Just go buy the ****ing things. Unless you live in Antarctica or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's very much worth doing it online here.

Phat J
Keyword....additional costs.

You dont need an wireless set.
i have wireless internet, i need a wireless set.

DanZeke25
For those who have the game, do you have to pause the game as much as they do in the videos when you are in a battle?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by DanZeke25
For those who have the game, do you have to pause the game as much as they do in the videos when you are in a battle?

No, the only time the gameplay is paused in battle is when you change weapons. The battles play out like any other 3rd person shooter with an over the shoulder cam. It works rather well. After you realize how independant your squad actually is and get the hang of the taargeting system. The game functions very smoothly.

ragesRemorse
i just signed an autograph for someone. After doing so i regretted doing so. I think that is going to haunt me

Smasandian
If you change alot of powers and guns then yeah, you do pause it alot.

But its not that bad. It's on par with Bioshock when you change plasmids.

I'm really enjoying the game. I think I made a mistake on who I created. I went Vanguard when my playing style suits Soldier.

Ah well.

ragesRemorse

I'm really enjoying the game. I think I made a mistake on who I created. I went Vanguard when my playing style suits Soldier.

Ah well.

I chose the same class. I only chose vanguard over soldier because i wasnt sure if soldiers were going to be able to use biotics. I havent used any weapon other than the pistol though, that thing is damn effective. Do you know if the soldiers are given biotic abilities in the game?

Violent2Dope
I too will be choosing Vanguard in this game.

Smasandian
I chose the same class. I only chose vanguard over soldier because i wasnt sure if soldiers were going to be able to use biotics. I havent used any weapon other than the pistol though, that thing is damn effective. Do you know if the soldiers are given biotic abilities in the game?

Nope.

Only can use weapons of all sorts and all three armour types.

Estacado
Does this game worth buying?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Estacado

Yeah, its one of the few games out that does worth buying

Violent2Dope
It looks really good IMO. I will be gettin it.

H. S. 6

It definitely does buying worthily.

xNIXSONx
definately worth buyin

Fave Three:
Shepard as Soldier bringing up the front with Combat
Garrus as Infiltrator and Tech specialist
Wrex as Vanguard with decent Biotics and Combat

Smasandian
I'm with Sheppard as combat/soldier combo.

Garrus as assault/tech dude.

Male guy as tech/biotic/medic.

ragesRemorse
As a vanguard. I focus my character upgrades in being able to self sustain, throwing and tech. That seems to do the job when they dont ignore my command and run straight into a cross fire lol

xNIXSONx
As a vanguard. I focus my character upgrades in being able to self sustain, throwing and tech. That seems to do the job when they dont ignore my command and run straight into a cross fire lol

yeah my garrus snipes but he goes to the frontlines into cross fire to snipe lol and gets his ass shot lol

Outbound
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
definately worth buyin

Fave Three:
Shepard as Soldier bringing up the front with Combat
Garrus as Infiltrator and Tech specialist
Wrex as Vanguard with decent Biotics and Combat Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm with Sheppard as combat/soldier combo.

Garrus as assault/tech dude.

Male guy as tech/biotic/medic.

You get to choose what class your squad act as?

Smasandian
Well, not really.

You can choose what the specilize in by giving them talent points to various talents but you cant chooce what class they are.

But there's a few of them so you can if you want an heavy tech guy, there is one, etc.

I love this game but I cant stand the bugs in it. Sometimes the music cuts abruptly, massive slowdown. I feel like I'm playing on a computer that can barely handle the game, but its the 360.

I feel this game should of been delayed a couple of months to work out all the small problems.

Estacado
Can I change characters somehow?Can I give Shepard biotics as well?

FistOfThe North

So far, I'll have to say that I don't think I like it.

The gameplay's too stiff and the action isn't intense. You can't jump, you have to pause frequently the graphics aren't stellar. Those are just some of the smaller initial things I've encountered in the game. In fact, the game seems a bit boring to me. Without comparison, I like A.C. way better.

I heard this game was suppose to be a really good game but we'll see. I only played it for a few hours but I'll give it a chance again. If it still continues to make me yawn every few minutes during gameplay then I'm gonna consider returning it.

So is it worth buying? Imo, no. But that's just me. You should demo it (if it's available) to see if you like it.

Smasandian
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
So far, I'll have to say that I don't think I like it.

The gameplay's too stiff and the action isn't intense. You can't jump, you have to pause frequently the graphics aren't stellar. Those are just some of the smaller initial things I've encountered in the game. In fact, the game seems a bit boring to me. Without comparison, I like A.C. way better.

I heard this game was suppose to be a really good game but we'll see. I only played it for a few hours but I'll give it a chance again. If it still continues to make me yawn every few minutes during gameplay then I'm gonna consider returning it.

So is it worth buying? Imo, no. But that's just me. You should demo it (if it's available) to see if you like it.

It's an RPG, it's suppose to be like that.

Assassins Creed is turning into a boring game because its the same thing over and over while Mass Effect is not.

For the other guy, you cant change your main character after you choose his/her class. If you choose soldier, you cant change him back later but you can have as soldier, biotic, and whatever the last option is, or a combo of each unit.

FistOfThe North
It's an RPG, it's suppose to be like that.

Assassins Creed is turning into a boring game because its the same thing over and over while Mass Effect is not.

For the other guy, you cant change your main character after you choose his/her class. If you choose soldier, you cant change him back later but you can have as soldier, biotic, and whatever the last option is, or a combo of each unit.

So RPG gameplay is suppose to be too stiff with non-intense action where you can't jump have to pause frequently along with having graphics aren't stellar?

I always did dislike RPG's anyway, but at least A.C. has potentially non-stop action in it with beautiful grapichs.

And A.C. not boring. There's tons to do. And I'm sure there's a ton to do in Mass Effect too, but at what expense. A games gotta make me want to get into it and A.C. does that for me. Not Mass Effect. Not yet at least, I'm hoping it does. Like i said I'm willing to give it a good shot again but it's disappointed me so far. And it's out the door if it continues to do so. I don't have a high tolerance for games that play like Mass Effect.

I got Mass Effect cause I saw good reviews on it in mags, websites and on here and heard the gameplay was similar to that of KOTOR, and I liked KOTOR, alot. But like i said, we'll see.

InnerRise

Ah well. Yeah...I heard that Vanguard was one of the better classes to choose.

I'm considering that class when I get the game or full Biotics.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i just signed an autograph for someone. After doing so i regretted doing so. I think that is going to haunt me 313

ragesRemorse
I am dissapointed that most of your possible replies dont offer alternative speech. I have begun to start another game with a different class. I have been choosing seperate replies in conversation from what i chose on my first game. Shepard seems to be saying the exact same thing as before.

Smasandian
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
So RPG gameplay is suppose to be too stiff with non-intense action where you can't jump have to pause frequently along with having graphics aren't stellar?

I always did dislike RPG's anyway, but at least A.C. has potentially non-stop action in it with beautiful grapichs.

And A.C. not boring. There's tons to do. And I'm sure there's a ton to do in Mass Effect too, but at what expense. A games gotta make me want to get into it and A.C. does that for me. Not Mass Effect. Not yet at least, I'm hoping it does. Like i said I'm willing to give it a good shot again but it's disappointed me so far. And it's out the door if it continues to do so. I don't have a high tolerance for games that play like Mass Effect.

I got Mass Effect cause I saw good reviews on it in mags, websites and on here and heard the gameplay was similar to that of KOTOR, and I liked KOTOR, alot. But like i said, we'll see.

If you disliked RPG's then why did you pick this up?

It's a straight RPG with action. It's not meant to be Gears Of War, or another 3rd person RPG. The pausing in the game, thats because its an RPG. KOTOR had similiar mechanics, but with alot more pausing.

Assassins Creed has non stop action but its basically boils down to a. get into city by blending with scholors, get to viewpoint, save citizens by hitting X, do investigations but not really investigating just following commands on the screen, find target by looking at map and then assassinate. The only thing thats good about it is the chase afterwords. But thats basically it. Nothing else. You do that 8-9 times.

Oh yeah, you can get flags but theres no incentive to do that. It doesnt increase anything significantly.

In Mass Effect, sidequest atleast add more background into the story, and talent points so you can create a bigger badder character.

I like Assassins Creed but its only because I love jumping around on buildings. Once that feeling is over, I'm pretty sure I'll trade it in even if I dont finish it.

InnerRise
Why are we ragging on Assassin's Creed?

When did this turn into a "which game is better" thread?

Shouldn't have to put down another game to lift up another....especially when they're 2 different/separate games that have nothing to do with one another.

Estacado
I bought it and have to say it's awesome!!!

Morridini
Bought it, it is lying next to me, but because of exams I wont touch it until December 15th.

Smasandian
Why are we ragging on Assassin's Creed?

When did this turn into a "which game is better" thread?

Shouldn't have to put down another game to lift up another....especially when they're 2 different/separate games that have nothing to do with one another.

I'm not ragging on the game. I have it and I'm playing it.

Fist Of North compared Mass Effect to Assassins Creed, and I just said that Assassins Creed is very repetitive, which usually means boring.

xNIXSONx
Well, not really.

You can choose what the specilize in by giving them talent points to various talents but you cant chooce what class they are.

But there's a few of them so you can if you want an heavy tech guy, there is one, etc.

I love this game but I cant stand the bugs in it. Sometimes the music cuts abruptly, massive slowdown. I feel like I'm playing on a computer that can barely handle the game, but its the 360.

I feel this game should of been delayed a couple of months to work out all the small problems.

yeah you cant really choose their class, but i guess the way i have them, they can be unofficially be in those classes...

i can stand the bugs, i still like the game a lot, although yeah, slowdown, framerate issues, music cuting out...hopefully there will be a patch to solve some issues

Smasandian
Probably.

I just wish they spent an extra few days to fix the bugs. I hate it when companies release buggy software.

Look at all the great developers. They rarely release buggy software. Bioware on the otherhand, tend to do that.

Newjak
I like Mass Effect. It does have some bugs but I like the story better, and the characters better.

Smasandian
Just finished an epic gaming session.

I rarely play for more than a few hours for a game but I started at 8pm and stopped just recently. Just been going around star clusters and planets and finding resources and such.

Pretty damn fun. I think my character is already at level 12 or so.

Outbound
How many character levels are there?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Outbound
How many character levels are there?

i think 60

FistOfThe North
If you disliked RPG's then why did you pick this up?

It's a straight RPG with action. It's not meant to be Gears Of War, or another 3rd person RPG. The pausing in the game, thats because its an RPG. KOTOR had similiar mechanics, but with alot more pausing.

Assassins Creed has non stop action but its basically boils down to a. get into city by blending with scholors, get to viewpoint, save citizens by hitting X, do investigations but not really investigating just following commands on the screen, find target by looking at map and then assassinate. The only thing thats good about it is the chase afterwords. But thats basically it. Nothing else. You do that 8-9 times.

Oh yeah, you can get flags but theres no incentive to do that. It doesnt increase anything significantly.

In Mass Effect, sidequest atleast add more background into the story, and talent points so you can create a bigger badder character.

I like Assassins Creed but its only because I love jumping around on buildings. Once that feeling is over, I'm pretty sure I'll trade it in even if I dont finish it.

I already told you why I picked it up. Cause of the good reviews it was getting online and on magazines. I also heard it kinda played like KOTOR, and i liked KOTOR. That's why i got it.

And you only like A.C. cause you get to jump around buildings? Your not giving A.C. credit. What about the battle. It's not only about just pressing x in a sword fight, like you say. You can counter. Go back and forth with enemies, you can grab 'em , throw 'em of buildings, throw knives and it looks great too, cinematic.

I like A.C. and i think it's a good game. I want to feel the same for Mass Effect and I'm hoping i will, what's wrong.

FistOfThe North
I'm not ragging on the game. I have it and I'm playing it.

Fist Of North compared Mass Effect to Assassins Creed, and I just said that Assassins Creed is very repetitive, which usually means boring.

Did you read when i said "Without comparison, I like A.C. way better."

How is collecting different types of information from different sources in different cities, repetitive? No one battle is never the same. And they keep getting more intense. And your wrong The character does get upgrades. You get one everytime you assassinate a lord at the end of an investigation.

The games not boring at all. I've never been stagnant in that game. It's high paced mostly all the time.

Phat J
there are 5 different types of information objectives, and there are 54 objectives to do. it gets a little repetitive. the save citizen thing is retarded as theres over 100 citizens to save and its doing the exact same thng over and over again. it gets boring after awhile.

the viewpoints could have been use a lot more work as well, most of the buildings you climb are identical so its basically going through the motions after you do it for the 50th plus time.

the upgrades arent really upgrades though, you just get new weapons. that happens in every game no matter what it is.

i do agree with you on the battles though, they are fun. they should've had a reward system for it though i think.

Morridini
*Points to the Assassin's Creed thread*
Go there for this discussion.

Just got a question for the ME players, has there been any minigames in the game yet? Using KotOR as example, it had the swoop races (ok), ship dogfight random times (meh) and Pazzack card game (pretty fun), anything like that in ME?

xNIXSONx
Just finished an epic gaming session.

I rarely play for more than a few hours for a game but I started at 8pm and stopped just recently. Just been going around star clusters and planets and finding resources and such.

Pretty damn fun. I think my character is already at level 12 or so.

i finished Mass Effect yesterday i wont spoil anything but it was satisfying. I started over with all my equipment and as a level 36 haha

Smasandian
Originally posted by Morridini
*Points to the Assassin's Creed thread*
Go there for this discussion.

Just got a question for the ME players, has there been any minigames in the game yet? Using KotOR as example, it had the swoop races (ok), ship dogfight random times (meh) and Pazzack card game (pretty fun), anything like that in ME?

Well, I havnt encountered any minigames aside from a blackjack type game in the casino.

But I wouldnt be surprised if they're was later on.

I remember that card game, it was pretty fun.

Instead of dogfight battles, I guess you compare them to the thresher mews battles. Basically, its like those Dune worms and you battle them in your car.

AstroFan
I been enjoying this game since I got it, but last night it finally really hooked me. I couldnt stop playing, I didnt turn it off until 5am. embarrasment

Bardiel13
It is Saturday. Four days after release and my game still has not arrived. I expect a written apology from Amazon.com with a $100 gift card and free express shipping.

Estacado
If I want to get the biotic achievments do I have to use my characters biotic powers or is it ok If I just iuse one of my teamates's?

Smasandian
No idea.

Estacado
What weapons can the Vanguard master? Because I want to start a new campaign with another guy who can use biotics and weapons but the Sentinel can only "master" the assault rifle....

ragesRemorse
If the story wasnt so well imagined. This game would be tedious and redundant. Why does everyone keep commenting on the graphics as being a huge step in a new direction? The environments are bland and claustrophobic. The vehicle controls are pathetic. Possibly, the worst ive ever played excluding the bike sequences in tomb raider legends. Thank god the story and battle system is enjoyable. Does anyone else feel this way? I am impressed by the facial molding, but have the graphics and game play disappointed any one else? Im not saying its a bad game, just leaves very much to be desired

Smasandian
They master the handgun and shotgun.

At first, I wanted to snipe and machinegun but the handgun is pretty powerful and the shotgun is deadly up close. Both of them combined with the biotic powers creates probably the best class in my opinion.

ragesRemorse
What weapons can the Vanguard master? Because I want to start a new campaign with another guy who can use biotics and weapons but the Sentinel can only "master" the assault rifle....

The vanguard masters the pistol and shotgun i believe. I am playing with the Vanguard. You might be better off just going with the soldier if its weapons you want. The Vanguard's ability to use weapons and biotics is useless until the end, and then your using primarily your biotics, because you spent your talent points upgrading your biotics over the weapons or vice verse.

Newjak
I been enjoying this game since I got it, but last night it finally really hooked me. I couldnt stop playing, I didnt turn it off until 5am. embarrasment It is very fun.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>