Superman vs. Galactus, with a twist...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starking
In many Ds threads, people tend use the "Superman beat him" excuse. Yet they forget that Superman happens to be...well...Superman. His unique powerset and his status as the greatest icon of all time, gives him the most ridiculous character shields(along with his fellow hero, Batman) in comics. Dc gives him the spotlight, and characters below him the boot. Not only is he the poster boy for Dc, but he's the Micheal Jordan of comicdome. So I observed his crazy feats, such as taking Darkseid to the Source wall, with a BOOMTUBE(which of course, came out of nowhere), beating Dominus, pwning Despero with tvo, and taking on numerous baddies who have been to be a match, for the Jla.

So what if Supes history was completely different and he was made by Marvel instead? How would his jobber effect, rub off on their cosmic hierarchy?

Superman has the greatest power of them all, popularity. And that along with his plot device powers, gives him numerous possibilties when facing ridiculously powerful foes.

So I decided to make this thread, only with a big twist. What if Supes had been a child of Marvel rather than Dc? With a character like him in their hands, how would he had faired against Galactus or even other powerful Marvel villains?

This isn't your standard match, this more like a prediction on how different Supes would be if he where a Marvel character. Could he retain his jobber effect and perhaps defeat Galactus(alone, without the help from another character) on several occasions. Or would none of his popularity matter and Supes would be treated like any other Marvel character.

I made this thread because people don't take it into consideration, that when a villain losses to Superman it isn't really a bad thing. He accomplishes such feats, because the hero always wins, and Superman is seen be many to be THE HERO.

http://www.blondeheroine.com/behind_the_scenes_of_blon/WindowsLiveWriter/superman_statue1.jpg

vs

http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/2/2b/Galactus_005.jpg

How would this go?

Symmetric Chaos
Marvel is superior to DC and would never fall into that kind of trap herbcry

Kurash
Thats hard to say, Superman is DC's answer to everything, they rely heavily on him. Really one of the reasons he seems to have a jobber aura is because he is an earth hero, and he does have to fight villains from the earth. In order to make it interesting they have to have good fights regardless of who Superman is battling otherwise itll get old. Basically they amp him up or down for who he is fighting to make things interesting, but its pretty clear he can go toe to toe with most in DC.

Marvel is a little more consistsent in their levels of power imo. Its possible that if Superman would have adapted into a marvel character they wouldnt have to amp him up or down to how they see fit, they would simply make him galactus level in power . . . if that makes sense.

Its hard to say if he would have had the same impact, cause even though he was extremely popular in the 30s and so on, so were a lot of other heroes that either died out or lost a ton of popularity; example being Captain Marvel if you want a current hero thats not near as popular as he once was

Marvel might not have taken him in the same direction so its a tough question

On a different note if Galactus was a DC character, Superman would have beaten him already

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurash
Thats hard to say, Superman is DC's answer to everything, they rely heavily on him. Really one of the reasons he seems to have a jobber aura is because he is an earth hero, and he does have to fight villains from the earth. In order to make it interesting they have to have good fights regardless of who Superman is battling otherwise itll get old. Basically they amp him up or down for who he is fighting to make things interesting, but its pretty clear he can go toe to toe with most in DC.

Marvel is a little more consistsent in their levels of power imo. Its possible that if Superman would have adapted into a marvel character they wouldnt have to amp him up or down to how they see fit, they would simply make him galactus level in power . . . if that makes sense.

Its hard to say if he would have had the same impact, cause even though he was extremely popular in the 30s and so on, so were a lot of other heroes that either died out or lost a ton of popularity; example being Captain Marvel if you want a current hero thats not near as popular as he once was

Marvel might not have taken him in the same direction so its a tough question

On a different note if Galactus was a DC character, Superman would have beaten him already supes gets curbstomped. dc is ridicuolus with sueps but beating gaalctus is just plain stupid.

sentry just stalemated galactus and everyone knows

sentry>supes.

no weaknesses nuff said.

masterbruce
Originally posted by quanchi112

sentry>supes.

really...how'd you arrive at that conclusion?

quanchi112
Originally posted by masterbruce
really...how'd you arrive at that conclusion? no weaknesses and the stalemate of galactus.

starking
supes gets curbstomped. dc is ridicuolus with sueps but beating gaalctus is just plain stupid.

sentry>supes.

no weaknesses nuff said. Quan, you kinda contradicted yourself.....You say Galan would never job to Supes, yet you mention Sentry stalemating him....Don't you think both companies are being ridiculous, for hyping up their character's in such a way? And wouldn't Sentry being able to Stalemate Galactus, be more in favor of Superman having a shot at taking him on aswell? I honestly don't think there's a big power gap between the two. And don't you think criticizing one company for doing something, when the one your defending is guilty for the samething...hypocritical?

Lord Shaper
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Marvel is superior to DC and would never fall into that kind of trap herbcry

Can somebody say "biased"?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Lord Shaper
Can somebody say "biased"?

B-b-b . . . . Bi-bia . . . . b-b . . .

No no expression

Lord Shaper
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
B-b-b . . . . Bi-bia . . . . b-b . . .

No no expression

Hah!

Kurash
supes gets curbstomped. dc is ridicuolus with sueps but beating gaalctus is just plain stupid.

sentry>supes.

no weaknesses nuff said.

thanks for taking my points and glossing them over with your stupidity

spidey-dude
i dont understand this with a twist thing thats been going on. can someone please explain this.

Magee
I get the feeling it was to bait Quanchi in to revealing how retarded he is, although he does it well enough on his own.

starking
Originally posted by Magee
I get the feeling it was to bait Quanchi in to revealing how retarded he is, although he does it well enough on his own. Not really, people try to use many of Supes wins against opponents who are clearly superior, as concrete evidence for a certain debate. The reason I made this thread, is to show how part of Superman's ability to perform such feats, is due to his status, and not because he's simply more powerful than the opponent he's facing. When villains who are clearly more powerful than Superman submit to him, it's not a testament to how weak they are, it just shows that Supes is Dc's key to everything. So in other words, his showings against a certain character, shouldn't be used to put him/her down.

Endless Mike
Considering the whole point of Galactus was to make a character that the heroes couldn't beat directly, I don't think so.

quanchi112
thanks for taking my points and glossing them over with your stupidity quit the bashing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
Quan, you kinda contradicted yourself.....You say Galan would never job to Supes, yet you mention Sentry stalemating him....Don't you think both companies are being ridiculous, for hyping up their character's in such a way? And wouldn't Sentry being able to Stalemate Galactus, be more in favor of Superman having a shot at taking him on aswell? I honestly don't think there's a big power gap between the two. And don't you think criticizing one company for doing something, when the one your defending is guilty for the samething...hypocritical? not at all. sentry is above superman and doesnt have his glaring weaknesses. supes would get absolutely smashed. sentry stalemated him while supes never could pull off a stalemate.

why would i criticize marvel here as i see sentry >superman.

next.

quanchi112
I get the feeling it was to bait Quanchi in to revealing how retarded he is, although he does it well enough on his own. lots of threads on here to bait me. doesnt work.

never has, i debate people.

psss. im not retarded but i do tell it how it is and people on here who who love their characters dont want to hear it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by starking
Not really, people try to use many of Supes wins against opponents who are clearly superior, as concrete evidence for a certain debate. The reason I made this thread, is to show how part of Superman's ability to perform such feats, is due to his status, and not because he's simply more powerful than the opponent he's facing. When villains who are clearly more powerful than Superman submit to him, it's not a testament to how weak they are, it just shows that Supes is Dc's key to everything. So in other words, his showings against a certain character, shouldn't be used to put him/her down. nope sorry. if supes uses a plot device u have a point but when he beats a being in a duel with no plot device and makes that being tap out. its supes just rocking someone he shouldnt with no help from the story. see the diff.

anyone can win with a plot device.

any more questions?

gogogadgetgo
on topic, if superman was a marvel hero, he'd get his ass kicked by galactus much like all the other heros in marvel who tired to face of with galactus.

quanchi112
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
on topic, if superman was a marvel hero, he'd get his ass kicked by galactus much like all the other heros in marvel who tired to face of with galactus. yes he would. silver surfer>superman.

superman wouldnt be michael jordan in marvel but in dc he is. dc doesnt have the cosmic stuff down like marvel.

the way it is.

wink

Soljer
laughing laughing

Sentry stalemated Galactus.

Superman wipes him out with one hand behind his back and both eyes closed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Soljer
laughing laughing

Sentry stalemated Galactus.

Superman wipes him out with one hand behind his back and both eyes closed. yes. in dc u have superman killing the am and hanging with him. he fights beings like that who is destroying the multiverse. makes no damn sense.

Kurash
quanchi i think you should look up the definition of a plot device before saying Superman is not one

quanchi112
quanchi i think you should look up the definition of a plot device before saying Superman is not one supes is just plain reatarded. i give him credit but dc is just silly for having him always in the thick of things. let someone else have the spotlight for once. hes always there in the big events.
]
brings down all of dc and everyone else in it.

i kno wwhat ur saying but superman is a character not a plot device.

wink

Magee
The S logo is the biggest plot device in comics.

starking
nope sorry. if supes uses a plot device u have a point but when he beats a being in a duel with no plot device and makes that being tap out. its supes just rocking someone he shouldnt with no help from the story. see the diff.

anyone can win with a plot device.

any more questions? Wow, you really caught on to my post......great reading skills you gots there no expression

Zebedee
Great thread Starking thumb up

quanchi112
The S logo is the biggest plot device in comics. no to me the celestials scream plot device characters. spectre as well. superman uses plot devices and is dc star but isnt one. galactus wins all day.

Galan007
Who cares how Marvel would write Superman?

I can guaran-damn-tee that if Galactus came into DC, Superman could, and would manage to defeat him, .

It's been mentioned before...

When he has to be, Superman > ALL.

This is a fact.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I get the feeling it was to bait Quanchi in to revealing how retarded he is, although he does it well enough on his own.

LMAO.

CaptainStoic
Superman would be written to beat Galactus via plot device. If the Fantastic Four could do it, Superman could too. He can not however defeat Galactus in a toe to toe brawl, this just would never happen, but I'm sure the writers at DC comics would and could find ways for Superman and other DC characters to stall Galactus and Herald/Heralds while Batman gets his hands on the UN. Well you get my point.

Kurash
a plot device is anything used in a story to move a plot forward . . .

CaptainStoic
Kurash... uh uh uh! are you sure? uh uhmmm... duh oops! whats that smell. snort!

Sirius77
thanks for taking my points and glossing them over with your stupidity

lol!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
Who cares how Marvel would write Superman?

I can guaran-damn-tee that if Galactus came into DC, Superman could, and would manage to defeat him, .

It's been mentioned before...

When he has to be, Superman > ALL.

This is a fact. nope sorry. hed need a plot device and a pretty big one. reg superman vs reg galactus is pure stompage.

smile

quanchi112
a plot device is anything used in a story to move a plot forward . . . why do i even bother.

Sirius77
on topic, if superman was a marvel hero, he'd get his ass kicked by galactus much like all the other heros in marvel who tired to face of with galactus.

Do you know how many Marvel characters have
been based off of Superman?

Let mew show you SOME of them:

Gladiator
Count Nefaria
Sentry
Wonderman
Virtue
Hyperion
etc...

Now, imagine if MARVEL instead of DC would have come up
with Superman?

Chances are he would be more powerful than he already is.
Chances are HE would have the power cosmic.

Chances are, he would be the one to solo out-of-place abstracts.

I mean, hell, who would need star masters or Guardians of the Galaxy if Supes was Marvels Golden Boy. Marvel hypes up all of their favorite characters with some type of "omni-useful" power. i.e The Power Cosmic. What would they give Supes if he was their Golden Boy?
I don't even want to imagine.

Galan007
nope sorry. hed need a plot device and a pretty big one. In DC, a sun-dip would be enough, . smile

quanchi112
In DC, a sun-dip would be enough, . smile even with a sun dip he wouldnt have a prayer.

this is gaalctus the guy who not even fully fed can destroy star systems.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77

Gladiator
Count Nefaria
Sentry
Wonderman
Virtue
Hyperion
etc...

with Superman?

I mean, hell, who would need star masters or Guardians of the Galaxy if Supes was Marvels Golden Boy. Marvel hypes up all of their favorite characters with some type of "omni-useful" power. i.e The Power Cosmic. What would they give Supes if he was their Golden Boy?
I don't even want to imagine. marvel doesnt and wont place as much emphasis on any character as dc likes to with superman. its ridiculous.

UniOmni
To the threadstarter.

You haven't really solved any great mystery.

Superman beats alot of the more powerful people for the same reason any lower tiered character beats a higher tiered character...

Plot demands it be so.

And to answer the question you made......

Were Superman to be in Marvel, he'd still be merely elite top tier as he is in DC.

Surfer, BlackBolt and Thor would still be his rivals/superiors in power, and he'd still start pissing his tights when Galactus approaches Earth.

I mean, look at Spiderman.

He's easily the most popular character in that company, and he's yet to get a decisive win over Hulk, Thor or any character blatantly above his tier.

Writers have agendas, and in Marvel where i doubt editorial protection would be in play, Superman would just be a big gun, like he is on DC Earth.

He would not beat Thanos, he would not beat Magneto, and he'd definitely not beat Phoenix.

Were he to be the original hero that he truly is, i'd wager he wouldn't have many low showings and might be treated a bit better than other top tiers, but he'd still likely get cut by Wolverine.

And to whoever said if Galactus was in DC Superman would've beaten him by now............what?

He didn't even beat Imperiex, an obvious Galactus clone.

Galactus would be thwarted, due to demands of the plot, but he wouldn't be beaten, and it wouldn't be by Superman alone.

Oh, and the powerset of Superman is one of the most generic and exploited in comics. Not unique by any measure.

quanchi112
Originally posted by UniOmni
To the threadstarter.

You haven't really solved any great mystery.

Superman beats alot of the more powerful people for the same reason any lower tiered character beats a higher tiered character...

Plot demands it be so.

And to answer the question you made......

Were Superman to be in Marvel, he'd still be merely elite top tier as he is in DC.

Surfer, BlackBolt and Thor would still be his rivals/superiors in power, and he'd still start pissing his tights when Galactus approaches Earth.

I mean, look at Spiderman.

He's easily the most popular character in that company, and he's yet to get a decisive win over Hulk, Thor or any character blatantly above his tier.

Writers have agendas, and in Marvel where i doubt editorial protection would be in play, Superman would just be a big gun, like he is on DC Earth.

He would not beat Thanos, he would not beat Magneto, and he'd definitely not beat Phoenix.

Were he to be the original hero that he truly is, i'd wager he wouldn't have many low showings and might be treated a bit better than other top tiers, but he'd still likely get cut by Wolverine.

And to whoever said if Galactus was in DC Superman would've beaten him by now............what?

He didn't even beat Imperiex, an obvious Galactus clone.

Galactus would be thwarted, due to demands of the plot, but he wouldn't be beaten, and it wouldn't be by Superman alone.

Oh, and the powerset of Superman is one of the most generic and exploited in comics. Not unique by any measure. nicely done. as i have said superman over in marvel would be just another one of the boys he would not stand out like dc has him. dc is sickening with their love of superman. its way over the top and brings down everyone. good post.

Galan007
even with a sun dip he wouldnt have a prayer.

this is gaalctus the guy who not even fully fed can destroy star systems. Imperiex was at least equal to Galactus, imo. He had enough power to generate Universal big bangs --- A mere sun-dip took care of that. smile

Keep in mind that I'm only talking about what would happen in a DC comic, and in DC comics Superman would somehow beat Galactus.

Pretty much any DC fan could tell you that. smile

UniOmni
Imperiex was at least equal to Galactus, imo. He had enough power to generate Universal big bangs --- A mere sun-dip took care of that. smile

Keep in mind that I'm only talking about what would happen in a DC comic, and in DC comics Superman would somehow beat Galactus.

Pretty much any DC fan could tell you that. smile

What version of OWAW did you read?

All i saw sundipped Superman do, was push imperiex into a mega boomtube.

IT was a group effort.

Imperiex was thwarted, but it wasn't only on Supermans back.

Stop the shenanigans.

quanchi112
Imperiex was at least equal to Galactus, imo. He had enough power to generate Universal big bangs --- A mere sun-dip took care of that. smile

Pretty much any DC fan could tell you that. smile what issue were u reading. i didnt know all it took was a sundipped superman and superman alone to take out imperiex. i guess u disregard all his help.

laughing

Galan007
What version of OWAW did you read?

All i saw sundipped Superman do, was push imperiex into a mega boomtube.

IT was a group effort.

Imperiex was thwarted, but it wasn't only on Supermans back. I never said Superman wouldn't have help to beat Galactus, just that he would defeat G in some way/shape/form, in a DC comic... In a forum battle? Hell no.

Imperiex was just one of many examples of Superman taking on a being whom for all intents and purposes, could one-shot him.... But didn't.

Why?

Because it was a DC comic. smile
Stop the shenanigans. Another member with a superiority complex, ey?

Jyppe

sentry>supes.

no weaknesses nuff said.

ABC LOGIC = YOU FAIL

quanchi112
I never said Superman wouldn't have help to beat Galactus, just that he would defeat G in some way/shape/form, in a DC comic... In a forum battle? Hell no.

Imperiex was just one of many examples of Superman taking on a being whom for all intents and purposes, could one-shot him. smile
Another member with a superiority complex, ey? well does this htead say superman and help. no it doesnt. so why would u give him help and for two if he has help then it isnt just him defeating galactus but a team working together alongisde superman.

as i said galactus one on one with superman as he gets no help here gets crushed no matter how long he tans.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Jyppe
ABC LOGIC = YOU FAIL one has weaknesses one doesnt. sentry>supes.

Jyppe
one has weaknesses one doesnt. sentry>supes.

Sentry has a weaknesses, clocc, Ironman's punches, telepathy

Superman >> Sentry

Supleman savez omniverse, sently starematle galacactus!11 lulz

quanchi112
on topic, if superman was a marvel hero, he'd get his ass kicked by galactus much like all the other heros in marvel who tired to face of with galactus. superman would be around thor level power in marvel. thats it. just a reg top tier. they wouldnt screw him up and make him capable of all these great feats like dc has.

Kurash
if galactus was a DC character superman would have taken him down already

for the record Galan was correct, Imperiex>Galactus

Utrigita

sentry>supes.

no weaknesses nuff said.

Well the person how said that Sentry stalemated Galactus isn't the most reliable source we can find now is it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Jyppe
Sentry has a weaknesses, clocc, Ironman's punches, telepathy

Superman >> Sentry

Supleman savez omniverse, sently starematle galacactus!11 lulz isnt superman currently being mindcontrolled by desaad and ds. doesnt he have a weakness to kryptonite and magic?

sentry>superman

quanchi112
if galactus was a DC character superman would have taken him down already

for the record Galan was correct, Imperiex>Galactus supes would have help. big diff.

galactus>imperiex but i dont feel like having a minidebate in here on that. if u want to argue that look up that vs thread and ill respond to u in there.

wink

Darth_Erebus2
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRPPPPPP

carver9
I think superman would be more like hyperion in marvel, just smarter. I also think thor>superman, just my opinion. Superman would just be more popular than hyperion due to attitude.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
I think superman would be more like hyperion in marvel, just smarter. I also think thor>superman, just my opinion. Superman would just be more popular than hyperion due to attitude. I disagree and used to think thor was more than superman but with all superman has done and with his speed he wins the slightest of majorities against thor. I hate superman but i believe he is more than thor. But i do agree it is very close between the two.

Kurash
you have no proof that superman would get help against galactus, but i have proof that he can beat whoever DC wants to

that is if galactus was a DC character

quanchi112
you have no proof that superman would get help against galactus, but i have proof that he can beat whoever DC wants to

that is if galactus was a DC character Superman needed help to defeat imperiex who is around galactus level. Some say higher and some say lower but the general consensus is about the same. So if he did beat galactus in dc it wouldnt be on his own just like in the impereix affair.

Kurash
imperiex was a one time event, galactus would be recurring, which means they would have many fights

so you cant honestly tell me he would have help each time, no proof

quanchi112
imperiex was a one time event, galactus would be recurring, which means they would have many fights

so you cant honestly tell me he would have help each time, no proof yes he would have help or a plot device.

im sure galactus would be half dead as he were starving. and superman would have the sundip of all sundips. the would have to tilt the story so that superman could have a chance. and is it ur contention that if imperiex was still around menacing that superman would and should defeat him with no outside help or without a plot device.

Kurash
if a character only makes one appearance and are as powerful as imperiex then usually the writers will do all they can to try to make the storyline memorable. Its more memorable to have superman need help to take down imperiex, otherwise it just would have been another superman story. Recurring characters like Galactus may only show up for an issue or so just for a brief battle, in which case I could easily see superman driving Galactus off on his own if it was a DC comic, because they wouldnt have to make a huge epic storyline each time the two fought.

i hope this makes sense

quanchi112
if a character only makes one appearance and are as powerful as imperiex then usually the writers will do all they can to try to make the storyline memorable. Its more memorable to have superman need help to take down imperiex, otherwise it just would have been another superman story. Recurring characters like Galactus may only show up for an issue or so just for a brief battle, in which case I could easily see superman driving Galactus off on his own if it was a DC comic, because they wouldnt have to make a huge epic storyline each time the two fought.

i hope this makes sense I do see where you are coming from here. I know the first time anyone introduces a new villain he is very hard to stop as it makes for a better story. But with more appearances its just like oh him again kind of feeling. Still with galactus perforiming to his ability and superman performing to his outside plot device he has no chance and gets crushed here.

gogogadgetgo

Gladiator
Count Nefaria
Sentry
Wonderman
Virtue
Hyperion
etc...

with Superman?

I don't even want to imagine.

yes, i'm aware of the numerous superman clones in dc and no, these are all just your specualtions and oppionions.

marvel has their own big guns and they dont make them ala superman. look at silver surfer, he's as uber as they get but he usually gets his ass handed to him by thanos. look at the x-men, their a hell of a mutant team, but thats all they are. they dont go against super uber villains like thanos. they dont have their heros go up agains super duber uber villains who obviously they cant beat. and if they do (ie onslaught) they get their asses kicked.

with that, if supes were in marvel, he'd be just that. superman. a super uber hero who'd get his ass kicked by galactus, thanos, onslaught, dp, etc etc etc.

Kurash
I do see where you are coming from here. I know the first time anyone introduces a new villain he is very hard to stop as it makes for a better story. But with more appearances its just like oh him again kind of feeling. Still with galactus perforiming to his ability and superman performing to his outside plot device he has no chance and gets crushed here.

i agree that galactus is way beyond superman, im just saying in a DC comic they will do anything they want with superman, regardless of who he is fighting and how powerful they are, and especially if galactus was a DC character they would not be afraid to have him lose

gogogadgetgo
I do see where you are coming from here. I know the first time anyone introduces a new villain he is very hard to stop as it makes for a better story. But with more appearances its just like oh him again kind of feeling. Still with galactus perforiming to his ability and superman performing to his outside plot device he has no chance and gets crushed here.

yes, supes would get crushed...if he were in marvel...but if galactus was in dc? holy crap! he'd get his ass kicked by superman

dc just loves superman and they'd amp him so much so that he could kick galactus' but hard (hmmm...superman 1 milliona and superman prime comes to mind... stick out tongue )

Kurash
dont misconstrue what im saying

i dont think DC would have superman win each time they fought and im sure occasionally they would give him help

hell even superman has been beaten before

im just sayin in a DC comic theyll will let him win whenever they wish, and if galactus was a character thats been in DC since like the 70's (or whenever he was made) more than likely him and supes would have had a one on one confrontation by now and superman would have probably won

Sirius77
with that, if supes were in marvel, he'd be just that. superman. a super uber hero who'd get his ass kicked by galactus, thanos, onslaught, dp, etc etc etc.

Which is of course, your opinion.

quanchi112
dont misconstrue what im saying

i dont think DC would have superman win each time they fought and im sure occasionally they would give him help

hell even superman has been beaten before

im just sayin in a DC comic theyll will let him win whenever they wish, and if galactus was a character thats been in DC since like the 70's (or whenever he was made) more than likely him and supes would have had a one on one confrontation by now and superman would have probably won well didnt it take a while for dc to have superman defeat darkseif. if ds had galactus i still think superman would need one helluva plot device. even dc wouldnt have him beat galactus straight up.
i hope they wouldnt.

quanchi112
Which is of course, your opinion. Everything we state outside some factual evidence is our opinion. What you state is yours and what he stated is his.

Kurash
well didnt it take a while for dc to have superman defeat darkseif. if ds had galactus i still think superman would need one helluva plot device. even dc wouldnt have him beat galactus straight up.
i hope they wouldnt.

dont put it past them

UniOmni
I never said Superman wouldn't have help to beat Galactus, just that he would defeat G in some way/shape/form, in a DC comic... In a forum battle? Hell no.

Imperiex was just one of many examples of Superman taking on a being whom for all intents and purposes, could one-shot him.... But didn't.

Why?

Because it was a DC comic. smile
Another member with a superiority complex, ey?

Imperiex would've left Superman as ash, but the plot saved him.

And the way you worded it, "Superman would somehow defeat Galactus", implied that he'd do so on his own.

Kinda like someone saying Reed has ownership papers on Galactus....

Correction, the Fantastic Four have ownership papers on Galactus.

And to whoever said Imperiex> Galactus.......perhaps.

But Galactus's highest feat is = > to Imperiex's highest feat.

Plus Galactus has a better design.

UniOmni
i agree that galactus is way beyond superman, im just saying in a DC comic they will do anything they want with superman, regardless of who he is fighting and how powerful they are, and especially if galactus was a DC character they would not be afraid to have him lose

But if he was a character that they had any care for, they wouldn't have Superman scare him off with hv or icebreath.

It would undercut the power and majesty of Galactus to have him treated so.....unless he were weak unto death, and still it'd be bitter for any steadfast fans to swallow.

As long as Superman lacks an attack that's on the level of a godblast or OE(past showings), it'd only hurt the longevity of the character.

gogogadgetgo
Which is of course, your opinion.

yes, it is. we're all entitled to our own oppinions.

but if its any indication, in the crossover marvel vs dc: superman/galactus thing, they made superman galactus' herarld. i'm right as they made superman way below galactus and your also right as they made him herarld with the power cosmic.

quanchi112
dont put it past them dc does love supes a whole lot. its so wrong

quanchi112

but if its any indication, in the crossover marvel vs dc: superman/galactus thing, they made superman galactus' herarld. i'm right as they made superman way below galactus and your also right as they made him herarld with the power cosmic. yes indeed. remember the hunger. galactus was >>all new gods. they hid friggin new genesis from a starving galactus.

gogogadgetgo
yes indeed. remember the hunger. galactus was >>all new gods. they hid friggin new genesis from a starving galactus.

yeah, they were scared shitless

Sirius77

but if its any indication, in the crossover marvel vs dc: superman/galactus thing, they made superman galactus' herarld. i'm right as they made superman way below galactus and your also right as they made him herarld with the power cosmic.

To me, that was jobbing. Superman with the power
cosmic would pwn nigh-cosmics. He's already above
herald level without the power casmic, what would he
ACTUALLY be with it?

Imagine Superman being able to absorb entire suns
instead of just their residual energy...

Superman-Prime stayed in the sun for a million years,
and he is capable of creating planets from scratch, and
his descendants (which are far below him) are capable of
pushing galaxies (Superman one million).

What do you think would happen if he had the power to
absorb ALL the energy of the sun?

He would be cosmic level.

quanchi112
yeah, they were scared shitless they were like ants seeing a human looking down. they scatter and hide becuz thats all they can do.

UniOmni
To me, that was jobbing. Superman with the power
cosmic would pwn nigh-cosmics. He's already above
herald level without the power casmic, what would he
ACTUALLY be with it?

Imagine Superman being able to absorb entire suns
instead of just their residual energy...

Superman-Prime stayed in the sun for a million years,
and he is capable of creating planets from scratch, and
his descendants (which are far below him) are capable of
pushing galaxies (Superman one million).

What do you think would happen if he had the power to
absorb ALL the energy of the sun?

He would be cosmic level.

What planet did he create from scratch?

I know someone with the Worlogog saved Krypton, but aside from that, what planets did he create?

Or are you merely adding to forumlore?

gogogadgetgo
What planet did he create from scratch?

I know someone with the Worlogog saved Krypton, but aside from that, what planets did he create?

Or are you merely adding to forumlore?

well, superman prime did bring back louis lane (i think..). then there was a scene where they were getting married or something with his parents?? wich would lead us to believe that he recreated krypton?

not really sure thoguh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.