Who should be cast as Superman in the JLA movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mirai Gohan
I've heard a lot of people say that they want Welling or Routh in the role. While I wouldn't mind seeing that, I also wouldn't mind seeing a totally new & unknown actor in the role. I'm also not against the idea of a black guy in the role of Superman as long as he looks somewhat like him & is a great actor.

So, who do you all think should portray Superman in the JLA movie?

Magee
I would like Tom Welling to play him as it would probably be released after Smallville finishes and tbh could make a good Superman but I doubt they would cast him and all the Superman fanboys would go mental and disown the movie.

Mirai Gohan
Welling would make a great Superman but if he isn't cast they should get someone totally new for the role.

PRAYERRUN
I kinda dissagree...Brandon Routh should stay at the role...I mean that's what I'd be looking for personally.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
I kinda dissagree...Brandon Routh should stay at the role...I mean that's what I'd be looking for personally. me too, I'd also like the person who played batman t ostay they're both good in their role

PRAYERRUN
yes exactly.

ragesRemorse
Even though Routh wasnt given any type of script play. He portrayed a great Superman.

Considering that Bale most likely wouldnt even consider or be considered for batman. I would suggest either Thomas Jane or Josh Lucas as the dark knight.

I think Ryan Reynolds is a most interesting choice for the Flash.

As for the rest of the cast. As long as Wonder Woman is hot and half naked who care? Batman, flash and superman are the only hero's that matter

tlbauerle
Brandon Routh.

pr1983
if this is a young, starting out jla, and alot of the heroes are finding their feet, then yeah, i'd say routh could do it, though they'd have to write him as a more modern superman, not as a chris reeve copy... he'd have to bulk up too imo... and fix the costume too...

as far as the other cast goes, casting ryan reynolds as the flash (if its wally) and making him comic relief is, imo, an insult to all the wally west fans who want to see him on screen...

hofftensen
FOr starts. if they arent going to use the actors that currently portray thses icons then i think this should be a JLA movie that is more mature. Like the KINGDON COME series. Older. Having said that, I think Thomas Jane would be an excellent Batman. As for The Man of Steel....what do you think about MEL GIBSON, or DEAN CAIN? And i know that she was already in x-men...but what about REBECCA ROMIJN as Wonderwoman. A more mature justice league would be more interesting than a teen one..... JUST MY OPINION

MattDay
brandon routh or they've just shot themselves in the foot

MattDay
bale or they've just ruined the batman series because the general public will get presumptuous and think its a pile of crap... believe me people relate to the actors portraying the characters, if they change them the film automatically(to the general public) becomes crap.

MattDay
see where im going with this character to actor partnership, break it and it breaks the film, which can still be good but wont pull in the crowds

FistOfThe North
Josh Hartnett.

batdude123
Jack Nicholson.

Val
Originally posted by MattDay
brandon routh or they've just shot themselves in the foot
bale or they've just ruined the batman series because the general public will get presumptuous and think its a pile of crap... believe me people relate to the actors portraying the characters, if they change them the film automatically(to the general public) becomes crap.
see where im going with this character to actor partnership, break it and it breaks the film, which can still be good but wont pull in the crowds
Don't stop at 3. Keep it going.

http://i3.tinypic.com/6u8kwnt.gif

hofftensen
I think that we can all agree that Warner Bros is making a big mistake on not using Routh or Bale. But now that we know that they have decided against that...or somebody has....what maturity level would we all like to see?....a TEEN TITANS version or something bad ass like a KINGDOM COME version where maybe the JLA didnt form while all were young...but something that they all decided to form when they all started into their early to late 30's....even 40's???? I would much rather see a more mature version of the JLA than a teenie bopper version. dont know about you guys???

pr1983
Originally posted by hofftensen
FOr starts. if they arent going to use the actors that currently portray thses icons then i think this should be a JLA movie that is more mature. Like the KINGDON COME series. Older. Having said that, I think Thomas Jane would be an excellent Batman. As for The Man of Steel....what do you think about MEL GIBSON, or DEAN CAIN? And i know that she was already in x-men...but what about REBECCA ROMIJN as Wonderwoman. A more mature justice league would be more interesting than a teen one..... JUST MY OPINION

i'd actually rather see a more adult league... like they currently are in the comics, though i don't think routh can pull it off without a major overhaul on his part...

Originally posted by Val
Don't stop at 3. Keep it going.

http://i3.tinypic.com/6u8kwnt.gif

laughing out loud

Originally posted by hofftensen
I think that we can all agree that Warner Bros is making a big mistake on not using Routh or Bale. But now that we know that they have decided against that...or somebody has....what maturity level would we all like to see?....a TEEN TITANS version or something bad ass like a KINGDOM COME version where maybe the JLA didnt form while all were young...but something that they all decided to form when they all started into their early to late 30's....even 40's???? I would much rather see a more mature version of the JLA than a teenie bopper version. dont know about you guys???

i'd be perfectly happy if routh wasnt in it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.