english anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chickenlover98
does any one know of ne unpopular series that are rly rly rly good and are in english dub? i rly wanna find some, just dont know where to look

Dusty
Dude, oh my ****ing god. Go terrorize some anime board.

ensatsu-ken
Cowboy Bebop (the best dub that I have ever heard cool ), Black Lagoon (which was just recently dubbed), and Hellsing Ultimate (the OVAs; not to be confused with the TV series), are some of the first series that come to mind. And, they all have great dubs, IMO.

Oh, and how could I ever forget one of my favorite anime of all time wink, Yu Yu Hakusho (which is a great series if you give it a chance; and it has the second best English dub that I have ever heard).

chickenlover98
ive seen yu yu b 4. i want unpopular but awesome. ive seen the popularized shows on cartonnetwork. black lagoon ounds ok from what ive read. ill try n find it. lemme know if others come to mind

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by chickenlover98
ive seen yu yu b 4. i want unpopular but awesome. ive seen the popularized shows on cartonnetwork. black lagoon ounds ok from what ive read. ill try n find it. lemme know if others come to mind

Yeah but you said that you haven't seen it in a long time. And you obviously must not have seen the last arc of the series, if you think that current Bleach characters are even strong enough to stand a chance against S class demons from YYH stick out tongue (except for maybe Urahara and Aizen, who have not even shown us a fraction of their true powers yet wink ). But from what any Bleach character has shown us so far, it is almost nothing compared to what an S class demon from YYH can do.

Also, why does the anime need to be popular? I find that there are plenty of lesser appreciated anime, that are much better than some of the most popular ones out there. If you want some more good ones, then I would suggest:

Hunter X Hunter (although it has not been dubbed yet)
D. Gray-Man (also not dubbed yet)
Outlaw Star
Tenjou Tenge

There are some others worth mentioning, but you should at least give these shows a try first.

Kero_Co
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Soultaker, if you haven't already seen it.

Violent2Dope
No, he said he wants it to be unpopular but awesome. YYH deserves more credit than it gets, it is IMO one of the best dubs there is.

chickenlover98
whats outlaw star about, i watched a couple of em like when i was 10. i completely forgot the story

Violent2Dope
whats outlaw star about, i watched a couple of em like when i was 10. i completely forgot the story I can't remember either lol.

Kero_Co
Well, I was twelve so I remember like it was two years ago. Gene Starwind is a bounty hunter who lives with his best friend the techno genius Jim Hawking(I think, but I might be thinking of treasure planet). One day, an Outlaw, on that goes into space to follow their dream, name Hot Ice Hielda(Sp?maybe...) hires Gene to be her body guard during her brief time in disquise. They are attack by a group of spellcasters(I forgot teh official name). Gene realizes that everything is as it seems to be, Hielda reveals herself and later reveals a brief case with an Android inside named melfina that could lead them to the galactic leyline. The four go into space, which gene initially has a fear of due to a traumatic experience in the past, and blah blah blah spoiler spoiler etc etc.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
No, he said he wants it to be unpopular but awesome. YYH deserves more credit than it gets, it is IMO one of the best dubs there is.

I agree with you 150% on that wink . Most people either only label it as a DBZ clone (not to say that I don't like DBZ or anything), and don't give it a chance beyond more than a few episodes, to really take the time to see what its made of and what worth, before they actually judge it. And the English dubs are phenomenal big grin !

Also, Outlaw Star has very good English dubbing as well.

Violent2Dope
I can remember that Outlaw Star's english dub was pretty good, so was the show, and if you see it uncut you see a catgirl's bewbs. 313

chickenlover98
lolz v3d. i just want some rly good anime thats dubbed. just dont know a rly good series. i want another one as awesome as dbz that i havent seen

ensatsu-ken
lolz v3d. i just want some rly good anime thats dubbed. just dont know a rly good series. i want another one as awesome as dbz that i havent seen

I believe that a bunch of suggestions have already been listed for you stick out tongue .

King Kandy
Outlaw Star=Best anime dub voices ever.

I listened to it subbed and the voices were totaly grating.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by King Kandy
Outlaw Star=Best anime dub voices ever.

I listened to it subbed and the voices were totaly grating.

The Outlaw Star dub is great, but it goes behind the Cowboy Bebop and YYH dubs for me.

King Kandy
Well there may be series that have better voicing (Though I doubt it), but I don't think there are any series that had as much of an improvement over the original voices.

ensatsu-ken
Well there may be series that have better voicing (Though I doubt it), but I don't think there are any series that had as much of an improvement over the original voices.

There are plenty of series that have better voice acting than their subbed counter-parts (provided that the person viewing the English dub is an English speaker, and knows very little or no Japanese). All of the dubs that I have listed above, are ones that I have enjoyed watching more in English, rather than watching the subs for those shows.

Katt
Yo, ensatsu-ken. I finished watching YYH the other day and i must say i'm pretty impressed by the series. I fail to see how people can say it's a DB rip-off (you mentioned that in a post somewhere iirc).

I didn't watch the dubbed version. After watching so much anime it just felt weird watching an anime serie where the characters speak english, just didn't fit for me. Then again i've watched quite alot of anime to the point of being able to understand japanese more or less.

Symmetric Chaos
YYH is good. There's a dub of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya now, it's popular in various anime circles but essentially unknown outside of that.

King Kandy
There are plenty of Anime series I though were better in English... But there were none I felt were as BIG OF AN IMPROVEMENT.

ensatsu-ken
There are plenty of Anime series I though were better in English... But there were none I felt were as BIG OF AN IMPROVEMENT.

Well, that's your opinion, but I personally felt that series like Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho had English dubs that were far superiror to the subbed version of both of those shows (just to name 2 out of quite a few other examples).

King Kandy
I accept difference's in opinion... I just felt that you had misinterpreted me...

ensatsu-ken
I accept difference's in opinion... I just felt that you had misinterpreted me...

Its not a problem. I just word my posts a little oddly sometimes, so it may seem like I completely misunderstood you; but I just meant to say that there are indeed quite a few English dubs, which people may find to be better than their subbed counter-parts stick out tongue .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.