Math

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pixie Fly
Grrrr....I hate math.

Ok so I decided to take up a math college course because I figure you need it. I hate myself for doing it. I don't understand anything and I don't think the teacher knows what she's talking about either.

Anyone here any good at math?

Thorrin
Nah. 13

kodak
i love math...

and i suck at it.

Same goes for sex, and driving... and painting... and writing, you know what, i suck at everything.... im logging out.

Mywi
i voted yes.. and i lied jwank

SelphieT
Math.....my least favorite class ever.

I'm an "English" person.

ladygrim
I was good at maths but only the simple + and -'s anything more complicated and it gives me a headache stick out tongue

chillmeistergen
Maths*.

Wild-Cherry
I'm aweful at math stick out tongue

I love history and lit though smile

Mairuzu
Originally posted by SelphieT

I'm an "English" person.

Coolios, i was into english also, even tho im lazy to type correctly...

lord xyz
Originally posted by Pixie Fly
Grrrr....I hate maths.

Ok, so I decided to take up a maths college course because I figured you need it. (np) I hate myself for doing it. I don't understand anything and I don't think the teacher knows what she's talking about either.

Anyone here any good at maths? F-

See me after class.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by lord xyz
F-

See me after class.

teh pwnd

Lana
I'm good at math, but I don't like it.

vivando-loca
i hate math.

ADarksideJedi
I hate math too!jm

Sol Valentine
I hate math, yet I'm good at it.

Mairuzu
period blood

lord xyz
Maths!!!!

Ozone
Math is easy.

Kelly_Bean
2+2=4, that's about as good as I am at math. hanuts

MR.Grum
Originally posted by SelphieT

I'm an "English" person. ima sci \history person

JacopeX
I PWN at math! smile

Shelbert Lemon
I love math. geek

JacopeX
Factor out

X2 + 36X - 72

smile

AbnormalButSane
I loved math until this semester.

Grinning Goku
I HATE Math.

Lana
Originally posted by JacopeX
Factor out

X2 + 36X - 72

smile

It doesn't factor.

If it was x2+34x-72 then it would, and would be (x+36)(x-2). Or x2+36x-76, which would be (x+38)(x-2). But x2+36x-72 doesn't factor into anything.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lana
It doesn't factor.

If it was x2+34x-72 then it would, and would be (x+36)(x-2). Or x2+36x-76, which would be (x+38)(x-2). But x2+36x-72 doesn't factor into anything.

I played around with it in my head and came up with the same thing as you did above...it doesn't factor. I also considered making it an incomplete factor...but since I did it in my head....I can't remember what "remainder" I left outside of the parenthesis...just a sec...maybe I can remember. I think It was (x+36)(x-2)+2x-2. Yeah...that's right...but still, it doesn't factor nicely. I don't think you are supposed to factor something when it doesn't work out like that but I don't remember....BARDOCK42!!! HELP!!!!

Edit- Wait, maybe this was JacopeX plan all along...make us think it WAS factorable to mess with us.

Lana
Actually that incomplete factor doesn't work either, that'd be x2+36x-74 -- the '-2' messes it up stick out tongue

Factoring quadratics is one thing I've always been very good at, even though it's been a few years since last I've ever needed to.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lana
Actually that incomplete factor doesn't work either, that'd be x2+36x-74 -- the '-2' messes it up stick out tongue

Factoring quadratics is one thing I've always been very good at, even though it's been a few years since last I've ever needed to.

oops...my bad....then just plain old (x+36)(x-2)+2x. Nice eye, btw. big grin

MR.Grum
Originally posted by JacopeX
I PWN at math! smile dieOriginally posted by Shelbert Lemon
I love math. geek dieOriginally posted by JacopeX
Factor out

X2 + 36X - 72

smile get out.

Blue_Hefner
Math(Calculus especially) is the easiest subject because all you have to do it plug numbers into formulas.

Vathu
Grrrr....I hate math.

Ok so I decided to take up a math college course because I figure you need it. I hate myself for doing it. I don't understand anything and I don't think the teacher knows what she's talking about either.

Math is only needed for High school.

Unless you're going to be an astronaught. 131wank

dadudemon
Originally posted by Vathu
Math is only needed for High school.

Unless you're going to be an astronaught. 131wank

Or an accountant...or a teacher....or just about any type of scientist...or a doctor.....or a physicist...or an engineer...or cashier...or an IT person...or a parent...or a ....do you get the point now? You need math in just about every aspect of life.

AngryManatee
Grrrr....I hate math.

I finished Calc III this summer. What's the question?

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by AngryManatee

notworthy I've never had a problem with math since I started Cal III. It's killing me. no expression

Blue_Hefner
If you need help, you can use a program called MathExpert

Originally posted by dadudemon
You need math in just about every aspect of life.

Except if you're George Bush

Originally posted by AngryManatee

Are you good with Derivatives, specifically the Chain Rule? I'm having some problems with my answers and my book answers.

Blue_Hefner
delete please

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.