Shilpa arrested for Gere kiss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zebedee
it's not just fundamentalist Muslims and Christians that are very silly!

CELEBRITY Big Brother winner SHILPA SHETTY has been arrested in India over her infamous clinch with RICHARD GERE.

The actress broke down in tears when stopped at Mumbai Airport, as she headed off to the Miss Bollywood musical in Berlin.

Shilpa, 32, said: "I can understand something like this if I'd committed a criminal offence.

"But what was my offence, when I'm just an actor, going to perform a musical on foreign land."

Pretty Woman actor Richard, 58, caused uproar in India when he grabbed the Bollywood sweetheart and kissed her several times on the cheek at an Aids-awareness event earlier this year.

Crowds burned posters of the pair and hard-line Hindus claimed that they had violated the country's anti-obscenity laws.

Shetty was held at Mumbai Airport by immigration officials who had no record of a Supreme Court ruling which overturned a ban on her leaving the country.

They said she was still wanted for obscenity charges over the kiss.

Shilpa was only allowed today to join the musical after prolonged questioning.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580002-2007450069,00.html

Schecter
current news? BRAVO!!! thumb up

Alfheim
Originally posted by Zebedee
it's not just fundamentalist Muslims and Christians that are very silly!

CELEBRITY Big Brother winner SHILPA SHETTY has been arrested in India over her infamous clinch with RICHARD GERE.

The actress broke down in tears when stopped at Mumbai Airport, as she headed off to the Miss Bollywood musical in Berlin.

Shilpa, 32, said: "I can understand something like this if I'd committed a criminal offence.

"But what was my offence, when I'm just an actor, going to perform a musical on foreign land."

Pretty Woman actor Richard, 58, caused uproar in India when he grabbed the Bollywood sweetheart and kissed her several times on the cheek at an Aids-awareness event earlier this year.

Crowds burned posters of the pair and hard-line Hindus claimed that they had violated the country's anti-obscenity laws.

Shetty was held at Mumbai Airport by immigration officials who had no record of a Supreme Court ruling which overturned a ban on her leaving the country.

They said she was still wanted for obscenity charges over the kiss.

Shilpa was only allowed today to join the musical after prolonged questioning.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580002-2007450069,00.html

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, doesnt look good for religon does it? embarrasment

Zebedee
Originally posted by Schecter
current news? BRAVO!!! thumb up

I see you're still following me around. confused

Zebedee
Originally posted by Alfheim
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, doesnt look good for religon does it? embarrasment

No it doesn't or at least not the extremists.

Alfheim
No it doesn't or at least not the extremists.

Anyway im very religous and im not like that. I think most people are idiots anyway its just that different types of people are stupid in different ways.

SelphieT
Damn that Richard Gere!

Zebedee
Anyway im very religous and im not like that. I think most people are idiots anyway its just that different types of people are stupid in different ways.

Probably more than a grain of truth in that. I don't think it's peoples religion that is ever a problem. It's when they try and impose rules on others. Faith in itself is fine.

Alfheim
Probably more than a grain of truth in that. I don't think it's peoples religion that is ever a problem. It's when they try and impose rules on others. Faith in itself is fine.

True to be quite honest people use religon as an excuse they would probably be full of **** without it.

Zebedee
True to be quite honest people use religon as an excuse they would probably be full of **** without it.

Well we'd have more political dictatorships and less religious ones. They use the same tricks, cult of personality, something larger to believe in etc.

Alfheim
Well we'd have more political dictatorships and less religious ones. They use the same tricks, cult of personality, something larger to believe in etc.

Somebody just hit the nail on the head. thumb up

willman
God dammit. Those indians are really starting to annoy me....

Alfheim
Originally posted by willman
God dammit. Those indians are really starting to annoy me....

Steady now that sounded a bit racist....

Schecter
Steady now that sounded a bit racist....

not really.

willman
Oh yes, just because they are indians makes me a racist. Im just saying that i dont agree with thier strict society and 'laws'.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Schecter
not really.

Well it depends on how you say it.

Oh yes, just because they are indians makes me a racist. Im just saying that i dont agree with thier strict society and 'laws'.

Yeah yeah I know what you mean but its just how you say it. Bare in mind Western culture inst perfect either.

Zebedee
Somebody just hit the nail on the head. thumb up

Thanks

willman
Yeah yeah I know what you mean but its just how you say it. Bare in mind Western culture inst perfect either.

its far from it...Far from it. I say us brits could be more strict, but they could be less strict.

perfect society? in between...

Alfheim
its far from it...Far from it. I say us brits could be more strict, but they could be less strict.

perfect society? in between...

I agree.

willman
Hmmm though if we got more strict they might raise the alcohol buying age from 18 to 21. Which would mean that i would have to wait 4 years instead of 1 to buy a legal drink. messed

Alfheim
Well anyway there goes my Hindu escape clause. "Hey not all religous people are bad look at the hindus." Now im just down to Buddhists sad

botankus
Damn, I thought we had finally gotten rid of these Bollywood threads. Now they come back with the "bad publicity is good publicity" kind of news.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.