Respect NiGHTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Nights.jpg

NiGHTS is a Nightmaren created by Wizeman the Wicked. He is a First-Level Nightmaren (the best of the best) just like Reala expect NiGHTS betrayed Wizeman and was imprisoned for it. Elliot and Claris frees NiGHTS to battle Wizeman and to stop the Nightmarens from stealing all the dreams.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Nights_Journey_of_Dreams.PNG

Demand for a NiGHTS sequel has been big ever since NiGHTS into Dreams and now on the Nintendo Wii comes NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams. Will and Helen replace Elliot and Claris as the main characters.

Confirmed info for NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
The game can be controlled using either the Wii Remote or the analog stick on the Nunchuk.

The game, after delay, will be released in Q1 2008 in Europe. It is currently unknown whether the US releasedate has also been set back, and to when.

The gameplay will involve the use of "persona masks". A dragon mask to allow Nights to withstand strong winds, the dolphin mask transforming it into a dolphin allowing Nights to swim, and the rocket mask to give it the ability to reach high speeds.

There will be a two player mode.

The game will likely include online features.

The game will be set in Nightopia, like the first, and will feature seven "worlds".

The game will have and use features from the Forecast Channel on the Wii.

Naofumi Hataya, one of the composers from the original game, is working on the sequel's music.

A new game engine has been designed, rather than sharing that of Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Nightopians will return, along with Nightmarens

Nights's rival Nightmaren, Reala, shall be returning. He wears a mask with black trim, a purple crest in the middle, and black feathers on each side. His look remains similar to his first appearance, but with much darker colors. The main enemy from the first game, Wizeman the Wicked, will also be making a return appearance.

Nights is voiced by a British voice actress, with a rather feminine voice.

Four levels have been confirmed so far. The first is called Alps Chase, which is a mountain-themed level, highly resembling Spring Valley from the original game. An unnamed tropical-themed dream, which highly resembles Splash Garden from Nights into Dreams, and a desert theme-park area, called the Dream of Desert. Finally there is a level called My Dream, though the theme is yet unclear. It seems to be a Chao Garden of sorts.

The boss from the Alps Chase level resembles Puffy from the original game. The player fights him in sort of a pinball machine, and has two minutes to hit Puffy upwards through a number of gates. While Nights is quite limited in movements in the main adventure, Nights is able to move around freely in the boss stages.

Wizeman Battle:
3-XQed7jK68

Splash Garden:
0danX6sjcsg

A First Look at NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
UHKWEm565C4

CPjSAzSEAC8

shin_gear
Looks wonderful.

ESB -1138
Of course it looks good. It's NiGHTS.

shin_gear
It's your mom, actually.

ESB -1138
.................I'll pretend you just said NiGHTS is awesome.

ESB -1138
OFFICAL RELEASE DATE!!! (For the US)

12/18/07

shin_gear
ZOMG! That's when I'll be released from jail!

MadMel
jail................thats explains a lot stick out tongue

ESB -1138
12/18/07....it's been so long since a new NiGHTS game...11 years or so...and now it's time. This game better be great is all I can say.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ESB -1138

12/18/07

NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams....just two months away.

ESB -1138

12/18/07

Around a month away!

Neo Darkhalen
Can't wait.

Burning thought
i could prob explode with unimaginable dislike...but ill just say...not my sort of thing wink

ESB -1138
Trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24928.html

Neo Darkhalen

SHM
It's officially known NiGHTS' gender?

Neo Darkhalen
???

SHM
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
???

Some people says it's a boy, other people says it's a girl. From what I heard, NiGHTS have a girl's voice in the new game, so she is female... But I'm not completely sure.

Neo Darkhalen
It is a "Nightmaren", one is called Nights, However, Nights rebels against Wizeman's plans.

NiGHTS is a Nightmaren created by Wizeman to steal Red Ideya. NiGHTS is androgynous, a conscious design decision by Sonic Team and wears a purple jester style hat and outfit, with a diamond on the chest. It is not known to speak in the game, although it does make noise when it is injured.

In the story, NiGHTS turns on Wizeman and is sealed in the Ideya Palace until Elliot or Claris merge with NiGHTS.

Wizeman is the main antagonist of the game. He is the evil ruler of Nightmare, the bad dream half of the dreamworld. Wizeman is the creator of the Nightmaren: NiGHTS, Reala, Jackle, Clawz, Gulpo, Gillwing, and Puffy, as well as many minor maren seen in the levels. When Nights rebelled against Wizeman, Reala became Wizeman's henchman. Wizeman is the final boss of the game. He has an array of mystical powers and abilities. During the boss battle, he brings NiGHTS into different locations.

I doubt that is has a gender, Wiseman is the villain once again for the 2nd one, then again if you look Nights artwork it does have a female build.

ESB -1138
Androgynous is a term derived from the Greek words that can refer to two concepts regarding the mixing of both male and female genders or having a lack of gender identification.

Neo Darkhalen
could it be both?

ESB -1138
could it be both?

Well in the first game the children basically became NiGHTS. One was Elliot and the other Claris; a boy and a girl. So I'm guessing the gender of NiGHTS depends on what child is dreaming.

Neo Darkhalen
Fair enough.

ESB -1138
19 days until NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams!!

Neo Darkhalen
Nice.

ESB -1138
I got NiGHTS!

Neo Darkhalen
Is it good?

ESB -1138
Is it good?

YES! The flying moment from NiGHTS into Dreams return perfectly here for Journey of Dreams. You can use the analog stick or the motion sensor (which isn't as precise as the analog stick) and the boss battles are simply amazing! The graphics for the bosses are top notch and NiGHTS is a dream to control.

Though the game does have some faults like the platforming levels when you are Will and Helen...I could have lived without those. But the good outweighs the bad. The music is so great! I say it is on par with Galaxy's but Galaxy has the edge with the more familiar tunes like that from SMB3 and the SMB overworld music.

Though once you hear the theme song once it will be stuck in your head all day...believe me...it hasn't left my head since I first heard it. I give this game a 9/10 finding it to be the best Wii game out there...besides Mario Galaxy.

Neo Darkhalen
Wow it must be good to par with Galaxy, it sounds good; don't forget every game has it's faults, I have to ask does Wiseman return?

ESB -1138
Yep. Wizeman returns with Reala. No Jackle though but I forgave them.

Neo Darkhalen
Is there another minion, or just those two?

ESB -1138
You got six bosses (besides Reala and Wizeman). You fight them each twice; an easy version and then a hard version for the fifth level. These boss fights are amazing and they look so cool too. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams is better than the original.

Neo Darkhalen
Sounds good, have you finished the game?

Also I am assuming wisemans plot is almost the same as the first.

ESB -1138
Beaten the game with both chillens and yep Wizeman is still trying to conquer Nightopia.

Neo Darkhalen
Does he finally die, or is there an open ending for a sequel?

Burning thought
it looks a little easy by that Wizeman video i watched in his respect thread, is he really easy? or did that player just make it luk easy

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Burning thought
it looks a little easy by that Wizeman video i watched in his respect thread, is he really easy? or did that player just make it luk easy

That was the first one.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Burning thought

First game. Wizeman gets a little harder in the second.

My main complaint is NiGHTS' voice...I would have had him/her/it silent throughout the game like Mario, Link, or Samus.

Neo Darkhalen
Well Mario is not completely silent.

is the final boss sort of the same from the first, or does Wiseman do somthing new.

ESB -1138
You'll have to find out yourself.

Neo Darkhalen
Christmas awaits!!!

ESB -1138
Hopefully I don't have to wait another 11 years for the next NiGHTS games. Bad enough I have to wait 5 for the next true Mario game.

Neo Darkhalen
I would have said 6.

Anyway was it really that long ago since the first.

ESB -1138
NiGHTS into Dreams came out for the Saturn in 1996 same year as Super Mario 64. It really was that long ago. 6 years later Sunshine came out in 2002. 5 years later Galaxy came out this year along with Journey of Dreams.

Neo Darkhalen
Wow, I thought it was a while but 11 years.

ESB -1138
I remember like it was just yesterday when I first heard about the game NiGHTS into Dreams. Good times...good times.

Neo Darkhalen
Those are the times you can't beat or forget, but are hard to recreate.

ESB -1138
Journey of Dreams & Galaxy recreated those moments. First time I was going after the second Grand Star (when you fight Bowser for the first time) and I heard the music from 64 it felt like it was Christmas morning again 11 years ago.

Neo Darkhalen
I will admit Galaxy took me back to the good old days.

Yoshi Paradise
Splash Garden:
0danX6sjcsg

smile I like the music.

ESB -1138
Sonic Team always has good music in every game they make even when the game sucks like Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Next-Gen they still have amazing music.

Yoshi Paradise
That's true.

Neo Darkhalen
Top notch music all the way.

ESB -1138
NiGHTS is a very great game but it's one of those games that isn't for everyone like Super Mario Galaxy is.

Neo Darkhalen
Depends if you like those sort of games.

ESB -1138
Ahh NiGHTS...it's a shame you didn't get the credit you deserve back in 1996...but instead Sega screwed you up and it seems like this has hurt your comeback.

Neo Darkhalen
Shame no expression

ESB -1138
Maybe Sonic Team will give NiGHTS some more levels like they did with Christmas NiGHTS.

Neo Darkhalen
Maybe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.