Burma violence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
everyones probably seen the police shooting at unarmed civilians in Burma on the news.

This is terrible, I wonder if the UN or NATO will do anything about this.

To see how bad this is heres a Blog link..

http://ko-htike.blogspot.com/

WrathfulDwarf
I'm not a big of protesting...but I do understand the reason why protesting is necessary. However, anyone sitting down or lying down in the middle of traffic street it's just asking to get hurt....badly hurt.

anaconda
Nato never, UN only talk

debbiejo
When the Monks are protesting, you know something is really wrong.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo

When the Monks are dieing, you know something is really wrong.

debbiejo
Monks never get involved with such things, and doing so really is making an important statement of what's going on there.

dadudemon

A little bit of my humanity died when I read this. This is truly sad for the human race.

I prided myself on our humanity in relation to our monks. I thought that maybe one day, we could evolve to a more peaceful people like monks: striving to live in harmony with the earth and obtaining peace over ourselves.

Should we hug a tree now? LOL... No, that is not what I am saying.

Blax_Hydralisk
I bet you if those Burmese people played halo 3 none of this would be happening.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I bet you if those Burmese people played halo 3 none of this would be happening.

lol

you must have the game....it looks like you won't have a life for a few days. (and that's not an insult.)

Blax_Hydralisk
mos def. My life is moving in slow motion.

Sadako of Girth
Sucks to have a military running the country, huh? sad

Welcome to our futures.

Apparently they've just cut off the internets over there, to surpress escape of information.

jaden101
oh yes...the UN will certainly intervene...i mean...they said they were going to learn all those lessons from Rwanada and surely they have by now...haven't they?

Bicnarok

grey fox
I thought the Burmese were intelligent enough NOT to shoot the civilians.

Symmetric Chaos

Better than that they're effectively excommunicating the military laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
Attempting too.

Hats off to them for standing up for themselves..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.