Akuki's Manga Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akuki
Well here it is, my attempt to help elevate the general culture of this forum by showing people all the great lesser known manga series out there that tend to get overshadowed by the big ones like DBZ or Naruto. I'll be rating series along this format:

Series Title
Author
Description
Genre
Type of manga:shonen, shoujo, seinen etc.
Length(# of volumes) and whether or not it is completed
Similar series
Rating:1-10

I should be coming out with reviews about once a week, the first one will be coming on Friday.

King Kandy
Did you like Outlaw Star?

Akuki
Originally posted by King Kandy
Did you like Outlaw Star?
Yes I did, though since it's an anime I wasn't planning on covering it on this thread.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm waiting for the slam on Naruto. No one likes the mainstream.

Though Shippuden does admittedly suck.

chickenlover98
akuki, could you help me find some great english dub anime? ive seen all the obvious popular series like YYH and dbz and the like.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by chickenlover98
akuki, could you help me find some great english dub anime? ive seen all the obvious popular series like YYH and dbz and the like.

Have you actually finished YYH though? Because, it doesn't seem like you have seen the last arc of it, from what I read of your posts in a certain other thread, lol laughing .

Anyways, I have already suggested quite a few English dubs, on the thread which you created for it, and I'm pretty sure that you have not seen all of the series that I have mentione. So, why not give those a try?

chickenlover98
i guess, but i just dont remember liking outlaw star.

King Kandy
Outlaw Star was one of the few shows where the dubbing was much better then the original voicing.

Sol Valentine
I miss Outlaw Star.

King Kandy
I have the whole box set. It's my favorite anime series.

Black Adam
Outlaw Star was one of the few shows where the dubbing was much better then the original voicing.

Defiantly agreed.

Rogues Va on Aisha fit better then her Japanese counterpart.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Black Adam
Defiantly agreed.

Rogues Va on Aisha fit better then her Japanese counterpart.
Yeah.

And don't get me started on Gene. His voice in Japanese sounded so high pitch it drove me nuts. His voice actualy sounds tough in English...

ensatsu-ken
Yeah.

And don't get me started on Gene. His voice in Japanese sounded so high pitch it drove me nuts. His voice actualy sounds tough in English...

My thoughts exactly wink .

Akuki
Ok guys, here it is, my first review. I'm going to start this off on a high note.

Series: Monster
Author: Urasawa Naoki
Description: Monster weaves the riveting story of brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma, a famous surgeon with a promising career at a leading hospital. Tenma risks his reputation and promising career to save the life of a critically wounded young boy. Unbeknownst to him, this child is destined for a terrible fate. A string of strange and mysterious murders begin to occur soon afterward, ones that professionally benefit Dr. Tenma, and he emerges as the primary suspect. Conspiracies, serial murders, and a scathing depiction of the underbelly of hospital politics are all masterfully woven together in this compelling manga thriller.
Genre: Mystery, Psychological, Seinen
Type of manga:shonen, shoujo, seinen etc.
Length(18 volumes) Complete, there is also an anime series which I highly recommend.
Similar series: Other strong series that you might enjoy in this same vein are 20th Century Boys, writte by the same author, and Death Note.
Rating: 9.99999999. Seriously, this is as good as it gets. Subract 1 point if you're not a mystey fan, or have a need for constant action. Otherwise go pick up this series immediately.

Black Adam
once a week huh? smile

can we help out in these reviews and post are own?

grey fox
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I'm waiting for the slam on Naruto. No one likes the mainstream.

Though Shippuden does admittedly suck.

Question : I haven't read/watched too much of Shippuden (being only a minor fan of the series) but can you tell me what exactly is th problem ? I mean the Akatsuki are pretty awesome, so they alone could/should carry the book.

leonheartmm
do one on angel sanctuary soon .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.