Thor's Fist Vs. his Hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
OK so have you guys ever played chicken? Where two guys get together and keep bashing thier fist into each other's fist until one gives in?

So this is a version of chicken.

Beta Ray Bill has Thor's hammer in hand.

Thor has nothing but his knuckles.

On the count of three, they will keep swinging hitting at the exact same spot repeatedly. thor bashing his hand into the hammer that Bill is swinging.

Mind you bill will be SWINGING the hammer.

Would thor's knuckles crack?

Would Thor punch thru the hammer?

Ethereal
I'd have to say Thor's knuckles crack...Thor may have very good lifting feats, but I've seen more impressive damage done from striking his hammer, than his fist; despite that Beta Ray is the one swinging it, which doesn't give Thor an edge at all, imo.

llagrok
It would take a while, but eventually Thor's hands would crack.

JasonK4
Hammer ftw.

gogogadgetgo
almost anyone who gets smaked by the hammer gets hurt, bad. even thanos with ig almost got killed by it.

i think 1 smack by brb on thor's hand would crush it outright.

Kutulu
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
OK so have you guys ever played chicken? Where two guys get together and keep bashing thier fist into each other's fist until one gives in?

So this is what you do with your spare time Nvr. omg_smilie

In answer to the question, hammer wins.

Priest
This is the worse Vs thread ever.
u dont need to open a new thread just to prove a personal issue Nver.

bats2jm
Thor FTW!

Soljer
If I swung a hammer at my exact clones knuckles, my clone's knuckles would most definitely crack before my hammer did.

Doesn't mean that my hammer is magical, either. It just means that a hammer adds a mechanical advantage. smile.

Soljer
Oh, and your point would be better proven if you made the thread "Thor with Adamantium hammer vs. Beta Ray with Stormbreaker."

In which case, neither are likely to break any time soon. smile.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Soljer
Oh, and your point would be better proven if you made the thread "Thor with Adamantium hammer vs. Beta Ray with Stormbreaker."

In which case, neither are likely to break any time soon. smile.

Well technically Uru is only as strong as the magic behind it. As a base metal, Thor was able to dig through it with his fingers. When enchanted, it becomes stronger based upon the enchantment placed upon it.

We have also seen Thor's hammer cracked several times. Once was against the Hulk who crushed it in his hand (at that time it lost it's enchantment or some such though, so it was the base weak metal), another time it was shattered when he tried to use it on Exitar.

On the other hand, "true" adamantium has supposedly never been broken through pure physical force. Since Marvel retconned adamantium into several different types (for example Hulk was able to dig his hands into the adamantium statue made of himself), secondary adamantium is indeed breakable with enough physical force.

Bah I hate retcons like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.