Superman one million vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sirius77
Pis, cis off. Bloodlust on.

In space with a few uninhabited planets a few two lightyears
away. In neither DC or Marvel space. No teleportation.
No tech.

Superman one million vs Galactus.

Who wins?

gogogadgetgo
i so would love to say that galactus would mop the floor with superman 1 million....

but then again, superman 1 million is just crazy uber that its almost painful for me to read. he's got what, super speed, super strenght, super invulnreabiltiy, super heat vision, artic breath, super esp, super tk, super speed computing, super em pulse wave, super light constructs from the eyes umm...bah!!!!

galactus would still win. now make it superman prime and we have a real fight.

EkinEku
galactus sucks out his solar energy and watches him die in space.

seaapple
Originally posted by Sirius77

No tech.

Who wins?

Funny sig. Sirius77! Well, mainly the fact that in the image Superman is moving planets using, of all things, a big chain!!

A bloodlusted well-written Galactus wins here in my opinion. But so many writers do not write up to the concept of the character. Maybe Galactus will put a barrier around a planet with no sun (asteroid) and imprison Superman there. Or maybe G'll just make Superman his herald.

Priest
Galactus easy

Kutulu
Superman One Million had to struggle to hold together a galaxy. Galactus has destroyed Galaxies, and also teleported an entire galaxy by waving his hand.

Galactus for the win.

Utrigita
Galactus

Rorschach
Galactus makes Superman M* his herald.

Utrigita
A good idea

guy222

No tech.

Who wins?

Big G FTW

Kutulu
Originally posted by Rorschach
Galactus makes Superman M* his herald.

A new version of the Kryptonian, even more powerful...

Soljer
It depends upon how strong Galactus is.

His showings waver from the point where he'd get stomped by Superman 1M, to the point of not even noticing him.

Parallex
Big G would beat
him, like Ike beat Tina

Zebedee
IMP POWERS FOR THE WIN

Avlon
Originally posted by Soljer

His showings waver from the point where he'd get stomped by Superman 1M, to the point of not even noticing him.

thumb up

nvrbeenwthagirl
Galactus wouldn't just out right pwn Superman One million. He seems more powerful than Depowered Tyrant. But Big G would win 9/10

Bol Gath

That's the truth right there...
A well written G wouldn't even notice Supes 1M, while a starving one would have a fight on his hands. I don't however agree that Supes 1M could solo big G, but he would win, not by facing G face 2 face (that would be really stupid) but by some kind of plot device or trick.

But as I said, a well written G would outright laugh at Supes 1M effort, and then proceed to drain him of energy. hell, well written G would one-shot Supes without any greater effort.

Damn, I wish Marvel brings G back to his former glory (yeah I know he's almost back at those levels in annihilation). Where he was the ultimate threat, the threat who no one could hope to stand up against alone. The levels where he had to be beaten through careful planing by the good guys.

Sorry if the spelling's bad, I'm pretty drunk right now big grin

Galan007

His showings waver from the point where he'd get stomped by Superman 1M, to the point of not even noticing him. Me likey. thumb up

quanchi112
galactus wins.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Bol Gath
That's the truth right there...
A well written G wouldn't even notice Supes 1M, while a starving one would have a fight on his hands. I don't however agree that Supes 1M could solo big G, but he would win, not by facing G face 2 face (that would be really stupid) but by some kind of plot device or trick.

But as I said, a well written G would outright laugh at Supes 1M effort, and then proceed to drain him of energy. hell, well written G would one-shot Supes without any greater effort.

Damn, I wish Marvel brings G back to his former glory (yeah I know he's almost back at those levels in annihilation). Where he was the ultimate threat, the threat who no one could hope to stand up against alone. The levels where he had to be beaten through careful planing by the good guys.

Sorry if the spelling's bad, I'm pretty drunk right now big grin

No need to apoligize you post is good big grin

And I agree a Galactus written as he should would be awesome and right Annihilation brought some of Galactus former glory back to him big grin

Kurash
full powered galactus wins . . . full powered that is

rico777
Galactus wins decisively here... if CIS & PIS are off.

Sirius77
So Thor can beat Galactus, but Superman one million can't?

Harry Fingerman
So Thor can beat Galactus, but Superman one million can't? Unless Galactus is fighting Ego... I don't see how that's relevant... in the slightest.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Unless Galactus is fighting Ego... I don't see how that's relevant... in the slightest.

What ARE you talking about?

I made the thread and then asked how it is that Thor can beat Galactus, but Superman one million can't?

Superman one million>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor.

See my point?

Harry Fingerman
What ARE you talking about?

I made the thread and then asked how it is that Thor can beat Galactus, but Superman one million can't?

Superman one million>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor.

See my point? So, apparently, you don't know the circumstances in which Thor beat Galactus.

Well, since I got time to burn, I'll tell you...

It's in Thor #161. It's really a stellar book, full of action and excitement.
Since I've read it numerous times, I recommend it. thumb up
Even non Thor readers can jump right into the action.

UniOmni
So Thor can beat Galactus, but Superman one million can't?

Thor drove off a weakened unto death Galactus, with his ultimate attack.

An attack that's stopped Juggernaut, scared off an extremely weakened Galactus, and broken the braincase of the second most powerful Celestial.

It's not like it's heat vision.....

And unless you say weak unto death Galactus......

Superman 1Million is gonna be the bigtime underdog.

Lemme guess.

You were one of the ones saying SBP would beat a fullpowered Galactus, around this time last year?

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by UniOmni
Who was fighting Ego at the time, and was starving before he started to fight Ego. yes

darthgoober
Lemme guess.

You were one of the ones saying SBP would beat a fullpowered Galactus, around this time last year?

Nah that was Jesse7(now known as Board Walker).

Sirius77
So, apparently, you don't know the circumstances in which Thor beat Galactus.

Well, since I got time to burn, I'll tell you...

It's in Thor #161. It's really a stellar book, full of action and excitement.
Since I've read it numerous times, I recommend it. thumb up
Even non Thor readers can jump right into the action.

Yeaaaahh...

You definitely didn't tell me anything about the circumstances...

Harry Fingerman
Yeaaaahh...

You definitely didn't tell me anything about the circumstances... No, I did not, and I didn't say I would.

What I did tell you, was to read the comic though... ermm

Sirius77

An attack that's stopped Juggernaut, scared off an extremely weakened Galactus, and broken the braincase of the second most powerful Celestial.

It's not like it's heat vision.....

And unless you say weak unto death Galactus......

Superman 1Million is gonna be the bigtime underdog.

Lemme guess.

Heat vision?

Who needs heat vision? He has Force Vision, and Fifth Dimensional blood.

He's like Superman with some of Myxs powers.

Air Legend

No tech.

Who wins?
rotfl

Utrigita
Who was fighting Ego at the time, and was starving before he started to fight Ego. yes

And he was kicking Egos butt.

Utrigita
Heat vision?

didn't he have problems holding together a Galaxy ore something like that?

Galactus shatters Galaxies and teleports them at a whim while being weak across time and space.

joesdabest1
Heat vision?

Your love for superman is borderline unhealthy. confused

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Utrigita
didn't he have problems holding together a Galaxy ore something like that?

Galactus shatters Galaxies and teleports them at a whim while being weak across time and space.
Holding something together is far more difficult than shattering it.

Utrigita
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Holding something together is far more difficult than shattering it.

and teleporting something is far more difficuelt then holding something together.

Astner
and teleporting something is far more difficuelt then holding something together.
Lol, win.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Astner
Lol, win.

Sorry that was just what i thought. Too hold two pieces of a given substance together isn't as difficuelt as holding two equal pieces of a substance together while moving them from one point to another while still holding them. confused but please expand my horizon and field of learning.

Zebedee
Sorry that was just what i thought. Too hold two pieces of a given substance together isn't as difficuelt as holding two equal pieces of a substance together while moving them from one point to another while still holding them. confused but please expand my horizon and field of learning.

I would say it depends on what the substances are made of and what they are contained in. If I use a glue I can stick many objects together. If I use a container I can carry two substances together from place to place.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Zebedee
I would say it depends on what the substances are made of and what they are contained in. If I use a glue I can stick many objects together. If I use a container I can carry two substances together from place to place.

of cause there are a number of factors that needs to be considerate but lets take the situation here Superman 1M is holding together a Galaxy and Galactus is teleporting it from one point in the universe to the next.

My immediate conclusion would be that teleporting (a process that requires a moving while holding a object together) is more difficult then holding a object that isn't moving together. I know that teleportation happens instantly but the person that is teleporting the object still needs to the mindful of the objects composition.

This is just my thoughts I have only had Physic at B level so....

Zebedee
of cause there are a number of factors that needs to be considerate but lets take the situation here Superman 1M is holding together a Galaxy and Galactus is teleporting it from one point in the universe to the next.

My immediate conclusion would be that teleporting (a process that requires a moving while holding a object together) is more difficult then holding a object that isn't moving together. I know that teleportation happens instantly but the person that is teleporting the object still needs to the mindful of the objects composition.

This is just my thoughts I have only had Physic at B level so....

Why does a person need to be mindfull of an objects composition to teleport it? This would only be needed if it was being teleported ala Star Trek, where it is broken down and reassembled. If it is more a case of the a tube is opened surrounding an object from point A to point B and the object "falls" down this tube, composition would not be required. Knowledge of Physics is not the issue here, as apart from Quantum teleportation, which actually relies on subatomic particles being everywhere at once, no kind of teleportation on the macroscopic scale has or I believe ever will occur in the real world.

Utrigita
Why does a person need to be mindfull of an objects composition to teleport it? This would only be needed if it was being teleported ala Star Trek, where it is broken down and reassembled. If it is more a case of the a tube is opened surrounding an object from point A to point B and the object "falls" down this tube, composition would not be required. Knowledge of Physics is not the issue here, as apart from Quantum teleportation, which actually relies on subatomic particles being everywhere at once, no kind of teleportation on the macroscopic scale has or I believe ever will occur in the real world.

I don't know how its done in Marvel but from some scans I would say its the same way as its done in startrek. And a Quantum Teleportation have taken place if I remember correctly it was millimeters but never the less it toke place.

Symmetric Chaos

Quantum teleportation moves information not matter. IIRC the idea is that the what's at each end changes.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Quantum teleportation moves information not matter. IIRC the idea is that the what's at each end changes.

Quantum bits are not really information in a macroscopic sense, it's really about changing the initial state to overcome uncertainty, it's also not instantaneous. It may be useful in comunication though. In a digital Quantum system with 2 states. If we call these 0 and 1.

Avlon
I think about it in terms of "hot potato."

Moving the potato is certainly easier than having to hold it in your hands for a prolonged period of time.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Avlon
I think about it in terms of "hot potato."

Moving the potato is certainly easier than having to hold it in your hands for a prolonged period of time. Not if you're Superman or Galactus... shifty

Avlon
Not if you're Superman or Galactus... shifty

Cosmic potato ftw!

miraclethree
Galactus laughs at him, gets fun of him and then kills him horribly.

Sirius77
One could say the same of Galactus. Do you even
know who superman one million is?

Harry Fingerman
know who superman one million is? Someone who's not going to beat Galactus?

UniOmni
know who superman one million is?

A powerful descendent of Superman with imp lineage, but who was no imp himself.

Sirius77
I was asking miraclethree, but thanks any way.

Sirius77
Someone who's not going to beat Galactus?

Thor did it. Superman one million can do it better.

quanchi112
Thor did it. Superman one million can do it better. this logic fails and miserably here in this thread.

Harry Fingerman
Thor did it. Superman one million can do it better. Superman doesn't have the godblast.

Plus, he also doesn't have the luxury of firing his most powerful attack at a starving, distracted Galactus, fighting Ego.

Otherwise, Galactus almost killed Thor earlier, and he dropped Thor a time after that like nothing.

Sirius77
Superman doesn't have the godblast.

Plus, he also doesn't have the luxury of firing his most powerful attack at a starving, distracted Galactus, fighting Ego.

Otherwise, Galactus almost killed Thor earlier, and he dropped Thor a time after that like nothing.

Superman one million may not have the godblast,
but he does have fifth dimensional blood and force
vision, which is more than enough.

Harry Fingerman
Superman one million may not have the godblast,
but he does have fifth dimensional blood and force
vision, which is more than enough. I kind of doubt that force vision has the destructive power of a godblast.
He held a galaxy, and whatshisface.
He didn't destroy things.
Hell, that doesn't even say he could hold Galactus.

You also forgot to acknowledge Galactus being distracted and starving...

Sirius77
I kind of doubt that force vision has the destructive power of a godblast.

It doesn't matter, Galactus has never shown himself
to be good at fighting fast moving targets. He's very
powerful, and slow...

I was only disproving you're argument about the godblast,
and force vision is more powerful than the godblast, imo.

Also, Galactus' durability isn't that great either, Tenebrous
and Aegis took him down pretty easily. Not that they're
pushovers, but the real interesting thing is that the Silver
Surfer was also able to take the same hits that Galactus
did, and even channel the energies in which he was being
hit with and kill Tenabrous and Aegis simultameously.
So, going by that, I'd say that it would take a long time, but
Superman one million would put him down. Not without a
few broken bones, though.

Harry Fingerman
It doesn't matter, Galactus has never shown himself
to be good at fighting fast moving targets. He's very
powerful, and slow...

I was only disproving you're argument about the godblast,
and force vision is more powerful than the godblast, imo.

Also, Galactus' durability isn't that great either, Tenebrous
and Aegis took him down pretty easily. Not that they're
pushovers, but the real interesting thing is that the Silver
Surfer was also able to take the same hits that Galactus
did, and even channel the energies in which he was being
hit with and kill Tenabrous and Aegis simultameously.
So, going by that, I'd say that it would take a long time, but
Superman one million would put him down. Not without a
few broken bones, though. Maybe, but he's always caught Surfer when Surfer's wizzing around him.
Also, he can release energy.

What did you disprove again?

That's nice.

Do you even read anything involving Galactus?
Aegis brought Galactus down with a cheapshot to the nogging, which Surfer never took.

Surfer in fact, only got hit a couple times, and Galactus stood and fought.
Hell, are you trying to compare Surfer to Galactus?
Galactus has one-shotted Surfer on at least 4 different occasions.

Surfer channeled the energies of the crunch... I don't know what you're talking about.

Apparently, Superman is as powerful as two Galactus level beings... A+ logic.

If you actually want to know something about Galactus, you can go read my thread, or Darkcrawler's.

Superman isn't putting down Galactus.

tazz
couldn't Galactus just remove the solar energy from Supes's body????

Zebedee
Originally posted by tazz
couldn't Galactus just remove the solar energy from Supes's body????

Supes 1 million is part imp.

IMP = Myx > Galactus

Avlon
I kind of doubt that force vision has the destructive power of a godblast.

Just curious...what exactly is the destructive power of the godblast?

It was once used on a weak galactus.... other things have affected weaknened Galan...so no, that's not all that special.

It was used on Juggs...who was completely unhurt, but the ground broke underneath from the force of both Juggs and the blast. Nice, but pretty ordinary...

Maybe there are others that I am missing?

What indisputable powerful effect has the blast had that makes it so uber outside of it's cool name?

Utrigita

It was once used on a weak galactus.... other things have affected weaknened Galan...so no, that's not all that special.

It was used on Juggs...who was completely unhurt, but the ground broke underneath from the force of both Juggs and the blast. Nice, but pretty ordinary...

What indisputable powerful effect has the blast had that makes it so uber outside of it's cool name?

The way I normally see the incident is like this:

In the early days of Marvel Comics, the gods of Asgard were the most powerful beings in the Universe, but as time, writers, and story-lines progressed, the power of the cosmic beings of the Marvel Universe began to eclipse that of Odin and his children. This is why Thor's attacks early on in Thor #160-#161 hurt Galactus, when today the World Devourer would simply ignore them.
This is of cause my opinion on the matter. Also one should note that Galactu has shown weakness (varying) to magic and the God Blast if I remember correctly is magical in nature.

Unless of cause the God Blast out levels a Super Nova Explosion roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galactus for the win. Also Superman has imp blood but he never showed that he possessed anything that pointed towards him having those powers that we are normally associating with a imp.

Zebedee

Galactus for the win. Also Superman has imp blood but he never showed that he possessed anything that pointed towards him having those powers that we are normally associating with a imp.

This is Superman 1 million and he does have many of the powers we associate with imps. It's where his psychic powers come from.

Kutulu
This is Superman 1 million and he does have many of the powers we associate with imps. It's where his psychic powers come from.

Yeah but he doesn't have anywhere close to the powerlevel of Mxy. All that the bloodline gives him is some senses that he didn't have before (17 in total instead of 5 like a regular human if I remember correctly), increased resistance to the point of being nearly immune to magic, some increased strength and durability, and some psychic powers / increased telekinesis (instead of a bio aura limited to his body he can extend it outward). He can't go snuffing out multiverses like Mxy could. He couldn't even defeat Solaris on his own.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Kutulu
Yeah but he doesn't have anywhere close to the powerlevel of Mxy. All that the bloodline gives him is some senses that he didn't have before (17 in total instead of 5 like a regular human if I remember correctly), increased resistance to the point of being nearly immune to magic, some increased strength and durability, and some psychic powers / increased telekinesis (instead of a bio aura limited to his body he can extend it outward). He can't go snuffing out multiverses like Mxy could. He couldn't even defeat Solaris on his own.
Eh well thats more a testemant to how uber solaris is,supes 1 million was able to briefly hold an entire galaxy together with tk and he couldnt defeat solaris,prime was beastly for one shoting him lol.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Kutulu

No but Solaris was extremely powerfull. We don't know the full extent of the imp powers. We know he could blow out a star with his breath.

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Eh well thats more a testemant to how uber solaris is,supes 1 million was able to briefly hold an entire galaxy together with tk and he couldnt defeat solaris,prime was beastly for one shoting him lol.

Some good points

Burning thought
doesnt Galactus just have the power to turn him into something random or erase him from excistence?

Utrigita

Like what for instance I haven't seen him preforming any of the feats that is normally mentioned when we are talking imps and that normally 5.fth leveled imps.

I agree with Kutulu that his power has increased but he hasn't shown he abilities that are associated with imps.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Burning thought
doesnt Galactus just have the power to turn him into something random or erase him from excistence?

Theoretically yes he does. If the UN is a part of Galactus then some of the UN's power must also be a part of Galactus not to as big a extent like wiping out a multiverse but nullifing a single person should in theory be possible.

starlock
Theoretically yes he does. If the UN is a part of Galactus then some of the UN's power must also be a part of Galactus not to as big a extent like wiping out a multiverse but nullifing a single person should in theory be possible.

I would say transmutation sure....but going as far as him doing the feats of the UN....its really a far stretch for me even in theory to use...but to each his own

Utrigita
Originally posted by starlock
I would say transmutation sure....but going as far as him doing the feats of the UN....its really a far stretch for me even in theory to use...but to each his own

Not doing the actual feats like erasing a universe but to attack one single person should in theory (a far stretch yes) be possible seeing as how they are tied together Galactus and the UN.

Zebedee

Unlikely as many his powers are extra dimensional.

Utrigita
Unlikely as many his powers come from the 5th Dimension.

Like what for instance other then increased psionic and extra senses plus being stronger and more resiliant to damage if he harnessed many of the power from the 5th dimension then based on what imps are capable of doing then Solaris shouldn't have presented a problem.

From what I know it was ten powers that was given to him.

Burning thought
Unlikely as many his powers are extra dimensional.

what does extra dimensional mean? and in what form would it protect him from being Transmuted into something usless, surely Galactus can just do this

Zebedee
what does extra dimensional mean? and in what form would it protect him from being Transmuted into something usless, surely Galactus can just do this

I doubt Galactus can transform an imp even someone part imp. With imp royal blood. Magic is a ***** like that.

Burning thought
I doubt Galactus can transform an imp even someone part imp. With imp royal blood. Magic is a ***** like that.

plz explain what an imp is? is he magically barriered against tranmutation attacks?

Zebedee
plz explain what an imp is? is he magically barriered against tranmutation attacks?

Pretty muchIMPS are top of the food chain in comics, magic is a ***** like that

Burning thought
Pretty muchIMPS are top of the food chain in comics, magic is a ***** like that

so IMPS means magic being sort of thing? in comics does magic/power cosmic ? ime curious

Zebedee
so IMPS means magic being sort of thing? in comics does magic/power cosmic ? ime curious

Not always. IMP magic is a kind of Super Science beyond the Power Cosmic. Way Beyond it.

Burning thought
Not always. IMP magic is a kind of Super Science beyond the Power Cosmic. Way Beyond it.

i see, does IMP stand for anything in peticulour? what is an IMP, when you say he has IMP blood?

Utrigita
I would say that IMP magic is a kind of reality warping...

Zebedee
i see, does IMP stand for anything in peticulour? what is an IMP, when you say he has IMP blood?
Mr. Mxyzptlk has access to fifth-dimensional technology that to third-dimensional beings may as well be magic. He can perform any feat imaginable. If he wanted to turn Superman into dust by snapping his fingers, it would happen. However, he's not actually malevolent like most villains, so he uses his powers doing things that are more annoying than anything else.

Though the exact limits of Mr. Mxyzptlk's powers are unknown, he's notable for being vastly more powerful than cosmic beings; During Grant Morrison's Justice League run, the higher-dimensional nature of Mxyzptlk's fellow genies was played to its logical conclusion of possessing power 'two degrees of infinity' higher than any 3-d beings, Qwsp referring himself as encompassing both time and hypertime in addition to our spatial dimensions, and another genie named Lkz overcame and imprisoned the fully-powered unbound Spectre without apparent trouble.

Later, during the Emperor Joker storyline, this is expanded upon, as Mxyzptlk reveals that he does indeed possess unlimited power, but never uses it since he would risk destroying reality and have nothing to do the next day. The Joker had no such qualms, and employed it to unweave the very fabric and laws of the cosmos, and to render the less powerful than normal Hal Jordan Spectre into a deranged puppet.

The exact reason that Mxyzptlk is sent back to the fifth dimension when he says his name backwards is unknown, but it's his only weakness beyond being easy to trick

taken from Wiki. Mxy is a standard imp

Supes 1 million is part 5D imp, Galactus is not

Burning thought
Mr. Mxyzptlk has access to fifth-dimensional technology that to third-dimensional beings may as well be magic. He can perform any feat imaginable. If he wanted to turn Superman into dust by snapping his fingers, it would happen. However, he's not actually malevolent like most villains, so he uses his powers doing things that are more annoying than anything else.

Though the exact limits of Mr. Mxyzptlk's powers are unknown, he's notable for being vastly more powerful than cosmic beings; During Grant Morrison's Justice League run, the higher-dimensional nature of Mxyzptlk's fellow genies was played to its logical conclusion of possessing power 'two degrees of infinity' higher than any 3-d beings, Qwsp referring himself as encompassing both time and hypertime in addition to our spatial dimensions, and another genie named Lkz overcame and imprisoned the fully-powered unbound Spectre without apparent trouble.

Later, during the Emperor Joker storyline, this is expanded upon, as Mxyzptlk reveals that he does indeed possess unlimited power, but never uses it since he would risk destroying reality and have nothing to do the next day. The Joker had no such qualms, and employed it to unweave the very fabric and laws of the cosmos, and to render the less powerful than normal Hal Jordan Spectre into a deranged puppet.

The exact reason that Mxyzptlk is sent back to the fifth dimension when he says his name backwards is unknown, but it's his only weakness beyond being easy to trick

taken from Wiki. Mxy is a standard imp

Supes 1 million is part 5D imp, Galactus is not

i see, he doesnt have those Mxy powers tho does he, that guy in-peticulour has infinite power,but superman hasnt got that guys powers does he, but all that neccerily mean he would most defaintley be unaffected by Galactus' transmutations? or is it a theory he may be

Zebedee
i see, he doesnt have those Mxy powers tho does he, that guy in-peticulour has infinite power,but superman hasnt got that guys powers does he, but all that neccerily mean he would most defaintley be unaffected by Galactus' transmutations? or is it a theory he may be

He's part of the 5D royal family he is infused with imp magic. He also as part of the royal family must have access to the 5D tech.

Harry Fingerman

What indisputable powerful effect has the blast had that makes it so uber outside of it's cool name? It almost killed a weakened Galactus.

It destroyed the dome piece of Exitar, which is harder than his exterior (which Thor couldn't even break pieces, or affect it with full swings from other hammers), and temperarly stopped Exitar.

It also overridden Juggernaut's enhancements of his unstoppable-ness, and also pushed him back.
Also, Juggernaut doesn't really get hurt, especially back then, so it's no big deal.

batdude123
The exact power of "teh godblast" is ambiguous at best.

All that's fo shizzle is that it's really powerful.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by batdude123
The exact power of "teh godblast" is ambiguous at best.

All that's fo shizzle is that it's really powerful. It's never failed, and what we've seen of it, is impressive.

batdude123
It's never failed, and what we've seen of it, is impressive.

How exactly, pray tell, does that change what I said about it? ermm

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by batdude123
How exactly, pray tell, does that change what I said about it? ermm I'm thinking of the comparison between it and force vision.

Avlon
It almost killed a weakened Galactus.

So has what basically amounts to magnetism.

It destroyed the dome piece of Exitar, which is harder than his exterior (which Thor couldn't even break pieces, or affect it with full swings from other hammers), and temperarly stopped Exitar.

Probably the best of the examples. Wasn't the belt of strength involved in this one as well though? And the hammer shattering to pieces? I may have this one mixed up..been a while.

It also overridden Juggernaut's enhancements of his unstoppable-ness, and also pushed him back.
Also, Juggernaut doesn't really get hurt, especially back then, so it's no big deal.

Hulks wrestling and standard cement have had more of an effect on Juggy.

Harry Fingerman
So has what basically amounts to magnetism.
What's this?

Probably the best of the examples. Wasn't the belt of strength involved in this one as well though? And the hammer shattering to pieces? I may have this one mixed up..been a while.
Yup, but that was to help the hammer contain the energy, because apparently, his hammer couldn't sustain a godblast or some shit.

Hulks wrestling and standard cement have had more of an effect on Juggy. Huc with Celestial tech, and a whip.
I don't remember the cement stopping him, but I do remember him being covered in it.

Avlon
What's this?

In a nutshell, Guardian took him out with what amounts to an EMP.

Yup, but that was to help the hammer contain the energy, because apparently, his hammer couldn't sustain a godblast or some shit.

So it wasn't a pure godblast feat. It was enhanced by the belt, and Thor was given time since he wasn't attacked while he was doing this.

Huc with Celestial tech, and a whip.
I don't remember the cement stopping him, but I do remember him being covered in it.

Spidey stopped Juggy for quite a while with plain ol' cement.

Harry Fingerman
In a nutshell, Guardian took him out. When he was cut off from his power?

So it wasn't a pure godblast feat. It was enhanced by the belt, and Thor was given time since he wasn't attacked while he was doing this. It never said it would power up the attack, just keep the hammer safe.

Also, Thor only fired it once while he was being attacked.

It's a highly not-forum friendly attack.

Spidey stopped Juggy for quite a while with plain ol' cement. But I don't really remember him stopping his running.
Although it's been a while.

Avlon
When he was cut off from his power?

A weakened Galactus taken out by an energy attack.

It never said it would power up the attack, just keep the hammer safe.

Also, Thor only fired it once while he was being attacked.

It's a highly not-forum friendly attack.

Sounds a bit dubious, considering the belts purpose. Especially seeing as the hammer still shattered.

But I don't really remember him stopping his running.
Although it's been a while.

Juggy was stopped...and quite pissed about it.

Harry Fingerman
A weakened Galactus taken out by an energy attack. Not just weakened... cut off from his power I believe.

Sounds a bit dubious, considering the belts purpose. Especially seeing as the hammer still shattered. To make Thor twice as strong? Not make Thor's energy blasts twice as stronger.

And he thought his hammer would have shattered anyway (he's fired it two other times without that problem).

Juggy was stopped...and quite pissed about it. Like actually stopped, as in he was moving, and stopped against his will?
I might have to go read the fight again.

UniOmni
Look at it like this Avy.

It's not mere heat vision, and it likely trumps the OE in destructive power.

Avlon
Not just weakened... cut off from his power I believe.

Still =weakened.

To make Thor twice as strong? Not make Thor's energy blasts twice as stronger.

And he thought his hammer would have shattered anyway (he's fired it two other times without that problem).

Sounds highly dubious. That will need to be researched more.

Like actually stopped, as in he was moving, and stopped against his will?
I might have to go read the fight again.

I believe he was buried 2 miles and buried in cement...but didn't Nimrod also stop him with a sonic attack?

Harry Fingerman
I believe he was buried 2 miles and buried in cement...but didn't Nimrod also stop him with a sonic attack? He knocked him out, with a non physical (in comparison) attack...
Not the same thing.

That's like saying X stopped Juggy.

Avlon
Look at it like this Avy.

It's not mere heat vision, and it likely trumps the OE in destructive power.

Likely doesn't cut it ol' chum.

I for certain know that you wouldn't accept a "likely" cause on something like this.

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing a comparison of the 2 attacks by experts on both characters.

Avlon
He knocked him out, with a non physical (in comparison) attack...
Not the same thing.

That's like saying X stopped Juggy.

So sonics>Godblast?

Had the ground not cracked..Juggy would have kept walking to Thor.

Sonics are a very physical attack since they attack the immune system. Cement is also quite physical.

This is from Marvel.com. Not sure how kosher this is because it's basically saying that Juggs is vulnerable to mystical forces...yet the GB did no damage to him. However, sonics did stop Juggs.

Interesting.

Harry Fingerman
So sonics>Godblast?

Had the ground not cracked..Juggy would have kept walking to Thor.

Sonics are a very physical attack since they attack the immune system. Cement is also quite physical.

This is from Marvel.com. Not sure how kosher this is because it's basically saying that Juggs is vulnerable to mystical forces...yet the GB did no damage to him. However, sonics did stop Juggs.

Interesting. Juggernaut was stopped, and was leaning backwards before the ground broke.

The rest, well...
It says right there he attacked his mind, Thor attacked the outer body.
It's not comparable in the slightest...

Avlon
Juggernaut was stopped, and was leaning backwards before the ground broke.

We can go back and forth on the semantics all day, but the simple truth is the GB did not damage Juggy in any way. Stopped would have been KO'd, paralyzed, or not being able to resist it at all..and and stated...cement stopped him for quite a while...much longer than the blast did actually.

The rest, well...
It says right there he attacked his mind, Thor attacked the outer body.
It's not comparable in the slightest...

And nervous system since it wasn't a mental attack. It was no less physical than the energy that hit juggs...but it did it's damaged and actually managed to stop him AND hurt him.

Harry Fingerman
We can go back and forth on the semantics all day, but the simple truth is the GB did not damage Juggy in any way. Stopped would have been KO'd, paralyzed, or not being able to resist it at all..and and stated...cement stopped him for quite a while...much longer than the blast did actually. Usually when we talk stopped with Juggernaut, we talk about someone stopping his running, which Thor did.

And nervous system since it wasn't a mental attack. It was no less physical than the energy that hit juggs...but it did it's damaged and actually managed to stop him AND hurt him. Did Thor attack the nervous system?

Juggy's been hurt a lot... by things that attack his mind...

quanchi112
galactus still wins this. guy destroys star systems when hes angry. nuff said.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by quanchi112
galactus still wins this. guy destroys star systems when hes angry. nuff said.
And supes 1million can hold a galaxy with tk,this is going to have to be a preety good fed galactus.

quanchi112
And supes 1million can hold a galaxy with tk,this is going to have to be a preety good fed galactus. u mean pretty well fed. nah. galactus half fed still wins this.

Sirius77
Maybe, but he's always caught Surfer when Surfer's wizzing around him.
Also, he can release energy.

What did you disprove again?

That's nice.

Do you even read anything involving Galactus?
Aegis brought Galactus down with a cheapshot to the nogging, which Surfer never took.

Surfer in fact, only got hit a couple times, and Galactus stood and fought.
Hell, are you trying to compare Surfer to Galactus?
Galactus has one-shotted Surfer on at least 4 different occasions.

Surfer channeled the energies of the crunch... I don't know what you're talking about.

Apparently, Superman is as powerful as two Galactus level beings... A+ logic.

If you actually want to know something about Galactus, you can go read my thread, or Darkcrawler's.

Superman isn't putting down Galactus.

I never said that Superman would bring down Galactus. I implied that Superman one million will.

Also, Galactus said himself that channeling the crunch would kill him the same way it did the Surfer. So what does that say about his durability?
I'm just going by facts.

Sirius77
The way I normally see the incident is like this:

In the early days of Marvel Comics, the gods of Asgard were the most powerful beings in the Universe, but as time, writers, and story-lines progressed, the power of the cosmic beings of the Marvel Universe began to eclipse that of Odin and his children. This is why Thor's attacks early on in Thor #160-#161 hurt Galactus, when today the World Devourer would simply ignore them.
This is of cause my opinion on the matter. Also one should note that Galactu has shown weakness (varying) to magic and the God Blast if I remember correctly is magical in nature.

Unless of cause the God Blast out levels a Super Nova Explosion roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually, he held a galaxy together with TK, and punched through time when severely weakened, and almost dying.

quanchi112
Actually, he held a galaxy together with TK, and punched through time when severely weakened, and almost dying. hes not punching through galactus. superman loses here.

Utrigita
Actually, he held a galaxy together with TK, and punched through time when severely weakened, and almost dying.

He held a Galaxy back with his TK. Galactus teleports through time and are capable of stopping people in time pockets so...

Sirius77
But does he do so with his own physical strength?

Avlon
Usually when we talk stopped with Juggernaut, we talk about someone stopping his running, which Thor did.

Something that cement did, and for a longer period of time.

Did Thor attack the nervous system?

Juggy's been hurt a lot... by things that attack his mind...

So the sonics didn't penetrate through Juggs to get to said nervous system? They just "appeared" there?

Both the GB and sonics are energy.

UniOmni

He held the Galaxy with force vision and help from a gorilla, and punched through time with the aid of tech.

It's not like he threw out a haymaker and hit 1960.

Tech created a hardened manifestation of time that he then punched through.

quanchi112
He held the Galaxy with force vision and help from a gorilla, and punched through time with the aid of tech.

It's not like he threw out a haymaker and hit 1960.

Tech created a hardened manifestation of time that he then punched through. thumb up

Utrigita

Tossed a being around at the same seizes like him and shatters mones and planets. But Galactus preferes not to engage in a Physical fight since it is beneath him.

Harry Fingerman
I never said that Superman would bring down Galactus. I implied that Superman one million will.

Also, Galactus said himself that channeling the crunch would kill him the same way it did the Surfer. So what does that say about his durability?
I'm just going by facts. Ya, and it doesn't take a genius, to find out Superman in this thread, means Superman 1 mill.

Galactus said he couldn't channel it for long. Which doesn't say how long he could do it, and hell, we don't even know what Galactus could do with it.
Plus... so irrelevant, it's not even funny.

Something that cement did, and for a longer period of time.

So the sonics didn't penetrate through Juggs to get to said nervous system? They just "appeared" there?

Both the GB and sonics are energy. That's nice...
Because you know, Juggernaut got dropped in the cement...
So, it went like this:
\/
__
(floor)

Not, like this:
----------> | (wall)

Because the latter, is when Juggernaut is unstoppable...

So, you're essentially comparing sound to a blast?
I don't really know if I can say much more that that... no expression

You know, solar energy is energy as well. Let's compare that to a godblast too.

Tenebrous

When you@re discussing Galactus....strength is really irrelevant. It`s like saying can Magneto lift a piece of metal with his bare strength........why would he ever try?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tenebrous
When you@re discussing Galactus....strength is really irrelevant. It`s like saying can Magneto lift a piece of metal with his bare strength........why would he ever try? exactly.

Zebedee
imp powers for the win.

Utrigita
imp powers for the win.

Imp powers that hasn't really been define for superman 1m ftw ???

quanchi112
Imp powers that hasn't really been define for superman 1m ftw ??? hows supes going to beat this.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Annihilation6-009-1.jpg

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by quanchi112
hows supes going to beat this.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Annihilation6-009-1.jpg
Tk'ed and entire galaxy.

Utrigita
Tk'ed and entire galaxy.

I need to get something straight here. You are all saying that he used TK and his forcevision to hold a Galaxy back and Together at the same time. Then why (from my point of view) does it looks like he is "just" holding it back with his force vision ore am I looking at a wrong scan???

vlaaad12345
I need to get something straight here. You are all saying that he used TK and his forcevision to hold a Galaxy back and Together at the same time. Then why (from my point of view) does it looks like he is "just" holding it back with his force vision ore am I looking at a wrong scan???
Eh,im just saying he held a galaxy,technically I guess it should be breaking apart but meh,him just holding it back from colliding is an impressive feat considering how much a galaxy must weigh while in motion.

Priest
wat is holding a galaxy going to do?
Galactus teleported, and destroyed Galaxies.

Utrigita
Eh,im just saying he held a galaxy,technically I guess it should be breaking apart but meh,him just holding it back from colliding is an impressive feat considering how much a galaxy must weigh while in motion.

True that is but if he was so powerful then why didn't he just moved it ore destroyed it (know its out of character) but still, (found the speed of a galaxy The typical speed of a galaxy is about 1000 km/s)

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Priest
wat is holding a galaxy going to do?
Galactus teleported, and destroyed Galaxies.
I was just countering quanchis solar system destroying as= to owning supes 1million which it isnt,and has galactus ever actually destroyed a galaxy?or are you just talking about when him and tyrant fought.

Astner
As far as telepathic abilities go, Galactus is by far superior, not to mention that he can warp and alter reality, and manipulate time on some levels.
Above lightspeed reflexes, and distant travle of trillions of times the speed of light.
And Superman repelling the force that was about to shatter the galaxy is laughable in comparison to the power Galactus is capable of releasing.
In the battle against Tyrant, multiple galaxies were destroyed.

Utrigita
I was just countering quanchis solar system destroying as= to owning supes 1million which it isnt,and has galactus ever actually destroyed a galaxy?or are you just talking about when him and tyrant fought.

Thats the incident but Thanos Uatu and Reed are normally people that one can trust in regards to comics.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Astner
As far as telepathic abilities go, Galactus is by far superior, not to mention that he can warp and alter reality, and manipulate time on some levels.
Above lightspeed reflexes, and distant travle of trillions of times the speed of light.
And Superman repelling the force that was about to shatter the galaxy is laughable in comparison to the power Galactus is capable of releasing.
In the battle against Tyrant, multiple galaxies were destroyed.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.