Man's 60 pint drinking binge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zebedee
A MAN stumped doctors when he walked into a hospital emergency room complaining of blurred vision and a constant headache.

The 37-year-old had swollen optical nerves and bleeding nerve fibres but doctors at the Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, could not tell what had caused it.

All became clear when the patient revealed he had consumed 60 pints in the last four days - prompted by 'a domestic crisis'.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007450207,00.html

sixty pints, that's a lot!

2D_MASTER
Is the "MAN" (in caps) supposed to imply that A woman could not live after downing 60 pints? Well, of course SHE could NOT.

Zebedee
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Is the "MAN" (in caps) supposed to imply that I woman could not live after downing 60 pints? Well, of course SHE could NOT.

It's the Sun so I think sexism is highly unlikely.

Schecter
just because he drank 60 pints doesnt mean his bloodstream took in 60 pints worth of alcohol. many times the digestive system will shut down and cease metabolising in cases of extreme binge drinking.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Schecter
just because he drank 60 pints doesnt mean his bloodstream took in 60 pints worth of alcohol. many times the digestive system will shut down and cease metabolising in cases of extreme binge drinking.

I dunno... the guy had to go through 6 f*cking months of treatment afterwards... perhaps he did absorb that much alcohol.

Pandemoniac
60 pints in four days can cause that?! I better cut down on the beer...

PiruBlood
damn im shocked the guy didnt get posioning.

botankus
How many regular beers is 60 pints? 'Cause I've drank more than 60 beers in 4 days on numerous occasions back in school.

Schecter
Originally posted by botankus
How many regular beers is 60 pints? 'Cause I've drank more than 60 beers in 4 days on numerous occasions back in school.

that answers alot of questions stick out tongue

chillmeistergen
This is old news.

botankus
Originally posted by Schecter
that answers alot of questions stick out tongue

First I thought it was 60 pints in one sitting. I was like, "Damn, now that's impressive." But then I find out it's four days???? Come on, that ain't news. That's a 4-day weekend for thousands of drunk bastards worldwide.

Zebedee

It's about 2 American glasses of beer.

Magee
A pint is more than a 500ml can. You also probably drink piss water like bud or some thing.

Devil King
First I thought it was 60 pints in one sitting. I was like, "Damn, now that's impressive." But then I find out it's four days???? Come on, that ain't news. That's a 4-day weekend for thousands of drunk bastards worldwide.

yes

lord xyz
Originally posted by PiruBlood
damn im shocked the guy didnt get posioning. Isn't the dissiness and having to be in hospital, poisoning?

Robtard
1 US pint = 16 US fluid ounces... so that's 1 and 1/2 cans of beer per glass in the U.S. It was also Scotland, I doubt he was drinking weak beer like a Budweiser or Corona. Hats off to the Scots.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Robtard
1 US pint = 16 US fluid ounces... so that's 1 and 1/2 cans of beer per glass in the U.S. It was also Scotland, I doubt he was drinking weak beer like a Budweiser or Corona. Hats off to the Scots.

Glasgow is the alcoholics and knife crime capital of the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4690645.stm

botankus
Originally posted by Robtard
Seems like it would be 1-1/3 cans of beer.

Yeah, Scottish beer would kick Bud or Miller's ass. I could have probably only averaged 8 per day.

Robtard

Yeah, Scottish beer would kick Bud or Miller's ass. I could have probably only averaged 8 per day.

My bad, you're correct, 12 oz in a beer can. I rarely drink beer, if I do, it's a Guiness from the tap, all other beer is shit, imo.

Zebedee

It's likely it was a European strong lager. It might even have been "Special Brew" favoured by the scots and almost a Barley Wine at about 9% proof.

smoker4
Originally posted by smoker4
lolz at your dollars beers

Robtard

I'm stumped here... not sure if George Soros can do anything about the beers.

smoker4
win?

Robtard
win?

Begrudgingly, yes.

smoker4
love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.