Tank Girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SelphieT
Anyone seen the movie that was based off of the comics? Or just read the comics/graphic novels of our beloved Tanky?

So far, I've read the graphic novels of the Odyssey, and Apocalypse. I've only read one issue of the newest Tank Girl, and I don't much care for the new artwork.

Any fans out there?

lordboo
Originally posted by SelphieT
Anyone seen the movie that was based off of the comics? Or just read the comics/graphic novels of our beloved Tanky?

So far, I've read the graphic novels of the Odyssey, and Apocalypse. I've only read one issue of the newest Tank Girl, and I don't much care for the new artwork.

Any fans out there?

never read the books(sorry)seen the movie though,it was crap imo.

SelphieT
Originally posted by lordboo
never read the books(sorry)seen the movie though,it was crap imo.

Trust me, the comics are a million times better laughing out loud

Even the people who make the comics were severely disappointed with how the movie came out, and they barely had anything to do with the production of the movie, sadly

lordboo
Originally posted by SelphieT
Trust me, the comics are a million times better laughing out loud

Even the people who make the comics were severely disappointed with how the movie came out, and they barely had anything to do with the production of the movie, sadly

they very rarely make good comic book movies!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I never read any of the coics, but the Lori Petty movie was crap.

SelphieT
Originally posted by lordboo
they very rarely make good comic book movies!

Yeah, and the original writer of Tank didn't even write the script to the movie, and anyways, its hard going from the greatness of a comic, to a big time movie.

Validus
Might be the worst movie I've ever seen. I cried for days after watching it.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Validus

Did you.....did you really?

Validus
I cried on the inside.

roughrider
Originally posted by Validus

It wasn't that bad. Lori Petty made it kind of fun in some spots. And you see Naomi Watts in an early role, with her real accent & dark hair.

Zebedee
I have never liked Tank girl either in comics or as a film.

MrCampion
Saw it a few times on TV at random times, and was appalled by it. Lori Petty was a decent actress in some other stuff I had seen but this was incredibly corny. Not as bad as Return of Swamp Thing though.

ragesRemorse
It has some charm as B movie

DAVID GUIVANT
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It has some charm as B movie

It's sad I haven't seen many films that are faithful to comic books.
Except maybe for 300, SIN CITY and the CROW.

I haven't seen Tank Girl, I remembered it came out pretty much the same time as BARB WIRE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.