I'm not sure if this has been done before, but i am PISSED about the holes in Inferno

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Null ARC Avis
Spoilers!!!! kind of!!!!!

Yeah! there were so many parts hat weeere left out, as if the book was abriged. How did luke and R2 survive? How did Jacen escape through the bothan fleet? how was Alema's stay with the sith? and a lot of other holes that i cant exactly remember. how did Ben get away from Omas' apartment?

These holes in the story really pissed me off. i think this was the first legacy book in which this happened.

Darth Scythe
Someone should add SPOILER tags in the post title. Not everyone has read it yet.

Blax_Hydralisk
lol. Again man? If you see a thread that talks about a book you haven't read yet, don't go into the thread.

Captain REX
Indeed, if you haven't read the book, you shouldn't be looking up threads about it.

Darth Scythe
looking it up? Not really, it's like the first thread on this page...

Plus, I have read it already. I just don't want this to be a habit of having spoiler threads around without real warning. The last spoiler thread had visible spoilers in the thread preview before even clicking on it. I just don't think its that hard to put 'spoiler' in the thread title.

Null ARC Avis
come on, is no one else upset about these holes? the made the book look abriged.

obi-one killer
there was only two thing not explained and that was how Luke and R-2 Servived and Alemas Stay with the sith. But Jason escaped because the Sith meditation ship force confused the Bothan fleet or whatever and broke through there. Ben escaped by planly running out of the aprtment and telling the guards that he was to late to save omas and that the place was gonna blow (from omas's life moniter bomb thing) and since the place blew up there is no evidence he killed omas. When Alema stayed with the sith it doesnt say what happened but alema returns in the sith sphere with a sith holocron that they gave her and with maybey other sith knowledge to give to Jason.

Darth Nemesis
There were implications in the book as to how Luke "survived". Before the battle at Balmorra, Jacen was surprised by Luke's sudden appearance in his lounge. While Jacen speaks to him with his back turned, Luke disappears. A similar occurrence occurred in chapter 11 where Luke confronts Jacen about Ben's involvement with Omas' death - Luke shows amazing force skill without showing any fatigue and then leaves. The next thing Jacen knows Luke's in his starfighter ready to launch.

So here is what I believe is going on - Luke is projecting his image in both of those meetings with Jacen and physically remaining in another location. I believe this same tactic was used during his x-wing "death". We all know R2 doesn't get destroyed (or we have continuity issues with the comic tie-in) and we know Luke didn't die. So I think he's using a new Force power to combat Jacen. Basically a tie back to the first book in the series.

obi-one killer
But if it is a force projection he wouldnt of actualy sustaned any injurys on his physical body. it could work though if he had R-2 Control the X-wing by remote and then luke could project his force presence into it while he snuck aboard the Anakin Solo. so it would look like he died when all he did was hide in the force. So he'd be using Jacens on dissaperence trick against him but luke just refined it more to his purpose.

Darth Scythe
I only find it mildly annoying since Luke gave no indication of knowing about force 'phantoms' in the beginning of the LOTF series and now he's mastered the tactic?

But also how they give Jedi like Jaina danger sense when there's impending danger. Then Kam, who is at least a 50-60 something year old Jedi MASTER just gets shot 3 times? In the same siutation no less?

Overall I don't like how the whole series is being handled up to now. I think I'm going to go back and read it from Betrayal and see what else I can spot. Like thinking back I already remember that Wedge's daughter was a focal point of one book. That really had no point. Its like 'ooh she could have shot down her Dad on a bombing run but she didn't, lets abandon her character now'.

I would have liked Michael Stackpole or Timothy Zahn included as authors in this series. I'm not much of a fan of Troy Denning or Karen Traviss.

Melcórë
I enjoyed Traviss' first novels, but I've been hearing much the same complaining about the series from my circles. I don't plan on reading them. no

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'll always read the novels even though I don't particularly like Karen Traviss.

Captain REX
Wait, Kam Solusar died? Well **** me, these books are getting worse by the minute...

Darth Scythe
Crap. Sorry. I hate to be the one to spoil anything. sad

I always felt he was way underrated and not explored more thoroughly as a character.

I mean, he WAS the first of Luke's 'new' Jedi.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Crap. Sorry. I hate to be the one to spoil anything. sad

I always felt he was way underrated and not explored more thoroughly as a character.

I mean, he WAS the first of Luke's 'new' Jedi.

Meh. To me, it's a rehash of the PT. For whatever reason, it still doesn't stop me from buying the books (though I regret it afterwards).

Darth Scythe
The good thing is they're only like 8 bucks. I only regret it after I buy a hardcover, because then its a 25 dollar waste. big grin

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Gideon
Meh. To me, it's a rehash of the PT. For whatever reason, it still doesn't stop me from buying the books (though I regret it afterwards).

Yeah its a ripoff of the PT, but it's all in all MUCH better than the PT. I don't know how, but the PT is pretty bad and LOTF is really good.

ThoraxeRMG
The good thing is they're only like 8 bucks. I only regret it after I buy a hardcover, because then its a 25 dollar waste. big grin

I laugh at your misfortune. laughing

Captain REX
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Yeah its a ripoff of the PT, but it's all in all MUCH better than the PT. I don't know how, but the PT is pretty bad and LOTF is really good.

Reverse that statement and you have yourself a deal.

Melcórë
laughing out loud

The PT was weak, son. stick out tongue

Darth Scythe
But he said Lotf was better in comparison. It was history changing because they were killing off the Jedi so the empire could start. Lotf novels seems like the writers are just picking names out of a bowl for who is going to die next. The legacy comics are lazy ripoffs, except they have emo-Sith in them. The coolest(and most original) concept in the legacy comics are the Imperial Knights.

Melcórë
stick out tongue

I was mostly joking.

Doesn't the entire Legacy-series render the plot of the films - i.e., the Prophecy of the Chosen One and its fulfilment - null? Although I s'pose you could argue that had been achieved long before....

Darth Scythe
Pretty much. Its just so recycled though at this point.

But I just thought of another, quite GAPING hole in Inferno/Sacrifice. I guess the whole point of Mara staying in her body after she died was to give clues about her death. Um, Hello?! Could you not just transform into a force spirit and say something to Luke or Ben like oh.... I don't know: "Jacen f*cking killed me!" ???!?!?

Stupid ass authors....

Darth Hord
Pretty much. Its just so recycled though at this point.

But I just thought of another, quite GAPING hole in Inferno/Sacrifice. I guess the whole point of Mara staying in her body after she died was to give clues about her death. Um, Hello?! Could you not just transform into a force spirit and say something to Luke or Ben like oh.... I don't know: "Jacen f*cking killed me!" ???!?!?

Stupid ass authors....

Good point and im actually surprised that it hasnt been brought up before.

Melcórë
Well....the whole point of why everyone doesn't become a "Force Ghost" in the films is because it was a technique that needed to be taught....Anakin was an exception....but the EU has had MANY such "Ghosts," so, I don't know why that wasn't used....

Darth Hord

Melcórë
I don't know....some parts of the EU are so convoluted - even in the same fiction - that it just isn't worth wrapping your mind around....

Darth Scythe

Darth Hord
very inconsistent to say the least

Melcórë
No they actually had the debate in the book (between Ben and Luke I think) as to why she didn't become a ghost and the outcome of that was when they decided that she did it to leave 'evidence'. Plus, she appears as one in the Legacy comic to Cade.

Then that makes....absolutely no sense. :s

Originally posted by Darth Hord
very inconsistent to say the least

Indeed.

alcantur
In my country has been impossible to get hardcopies of "Legacy of the Force: Inferno" and "Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice", does anyone knows where can i download it?
let me know at [email protected]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.