wolverine vs vega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidey-dude
claw match here who wins ? vega or wolvie ? no healing factor for wolvie here or it wouldnt be fair.

jinzin
Even without the HF Wolverine's still got his superhuman senses, and experience advantage...

Plus two sets of claws instead of just one...

If an HFless Wolverine can prolong a fight with Sabretooth he should definitely be able to handle Vega.. and that's assuming he's even hit.

grey fox
Poor Vega.....

spidey-dude
Originally posted by jinzin
Even without the HF Wolverine's still got his superhuman senses, and experience advantage...

If an HFless Wolverine can prolong a fight with Sabretooth he should definitely be able to handle Vega.. and that's assuming he's even hit. you never saw the street fighter cartoon ? vega kicked ass fighting. he gave ryu a pretty hard time

jinzin
confused

When was this?

In the American cartoon, Vega made two apearances and got owned in both of them: by Blanka and by Cammy.

In SFIIV He fought Ken and got WTFKOed.

In SFII The Animated Movie he got WFKOed by Chun Li out of an apartment building.

In SFII The Movie Ryu kicked the crap out of him, and Ryu didn't even really have powers in that movie.

In the old comics, Chun Li kicked his ass.

In the new comics, Ken kicked his ass.

The only thing he's got going for him is when he was beating Dan to a pulp in the Alpha movie and that's not really a feat at all... erm

Originally posted by grey fox
Poor Vega.....
Yeah, pretty much....

If I had some creative control of the character he'd actually win some fights... but.... I don't..

sadwalk

spidey-dude
confused

When was this?

In the American cartoon, Vega made two apearances and got owned in both of them: by Blanka and by Cammy.

In SFIIV He fought Ken and got WTFKOed.

In SFII The Animated Movie he got WFKOed by Chun Li out of an apartment building.

In SFII The Movie Ryu kicked the crap out of him, and Ryu didn't even really have powers in that movie.

In the old comics, Chun Li kicked his ass.

In the new comics, Ken kicked his ass.

The only thing he's got going for him is when he was beating Dan to a pulp in the Alpha movie and that's not really a feat at all... erm

Yeah, pretty much....

If I had some creative control of the character he'd actually win some fights... but.... I don't..

sadwalk street fighter comics i never read them. in SFII movie ryu and vega didnt get to finish the fight cause guile busted in and got sagat and everyone there under arrest. in SFIIV cartoon vega gave ken a hassel. he was fighting him for 2 whole episodes. of course there gonna put ken to win cause he was the good guy there.

jinzin
Originally posted by spidey-dude
street fighter comics i never read them. in SFII movie ryu and vega didnt get to finish the fight cause guile busted in and got sagat and everyone there under arrest.
They fought again later.. Vega lost...

in SFIIV cartoon vega gave ken a hassel. he was fighting him for 2 whole episodes. of course there gonna put ken to win cause he was the good guy there. I didn't say he didn't put up a decent fight.

Kurash
wolverine altough vega was good as hell

guy222
claw match here who wins ? vega or wolvie ? no healing factor for wolvie here or it wouldnt be fair.

logan ftw

Soljer
Vega stomps him. Even if Logan has his healing factor.

jinzin
Originally posted by Soljer
Vega stomps him. Even if Logan has his healing factor.

mad

Soljer
mad

What? Vega is vastly faster and more skilled.

And it's not like it takes THAT much to over-load Logan's healing factor. A few slashes to put him on the ropes (which will be child's play for Vega to land, considering his speed and skill), and then a barrage of attacks to keep logan down. He just keeps going till Logan stops going.

Vega, 8/10 if Logan has his healing factor.

Vega 10/10 if he doesn't.

jinzin
You are such a manipulative sumumabitch. no expression

Soljer
You are such a manipulative sumumabitch. no expression

You're just mad because you know I'm right.

jinzin
Or you could be, y'know.. If Vega ever actually won a fight... EVER!
Well... no not really, even then.

Soljer
Or you could be, y'know.. If Vega ever actually won a fight... EVER!
Well... no not really, even then.

Well, he wins ten in this thread. That's a start, no? smile.

llagrok

If an HFless Wolverine can prolong a fight with Sabretooth he should definitely be able to handle Vega.. and that's assuming he's even hit.

And superhuman physique..

Symmetric Chaos
Well, he wins ten in this thread. That's a start, no? smile.

That is pretty good. He now has 10 wins against Wolverine which is more than enough proof that he'll win 10/10 here.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That is pretty good. He now has 10 wins against Wolverine which is more than enough proof that he'll win 10/10 here.

Exactly.

Quod Erat mother-****ing Demonstrandum

spidey-dude
vega is a better fighter so i give it to him. and yes hes lost many fights cause every fight hes had was against ryu or ken and both of them can kick wolvies ass as well so no difference there.

Muck101
Vega ftw. But its not NEARLY a curbstomp. Vega will probably be severely deformed or bleed out after the fight is finished.

Harry Fingerman
What the hellz a 'Vega'?

Some sort of vegan super-hero?

Soljer
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
What the hellz a 'Vega'?

No wonder he's so pale, scrawny, and weak...

masterbruce
What the hellz a 'Vega'?

have you never played Street Fighter?

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by masterbruce
have you never played Street Fighter? You know, that question doesn't help me, when I still don't have a gad damn idea what you're talking about.

Can you help me Brucemaster Zero?

Soljer
Wolverine vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d3/Vega_Spitzer.jpg/600px-Vega_Spitzer.jpg.

Harry Fingerman
Wolverine vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d3/Vega_Spitzer.jpg/600px-Vega_Spitzer.jpg. What is that? An egg?

Soljer
What is that? An egg?

That's vega.

jinzin
vega is a better fighter so i give it to him. and yes hes lost many fights cause every fight hes had was against ryu or ken and both of them can kick wolvies ass as well so no difference there.

Vega is nowhere NEAR a better fighter than Wolverine...

Wolverine's stalemated Captain America.
Easily disarmed an age old samurai demon warrior Ogun.
Completely out maneuvered Elektra.
Walked through Shang Chi in 4 panels.

Vega doesn't have one feat nor one insinuation that puts him above Logan in the terms of fighting ability.

The fact that he has to use claws against unarmed opponents and he STILL loses should tell you that.. erm

And no, he didn't lose those fights because Ken and Ryu are uber badasses... He lost them because he just wasn't good enough to compete.

There are only a couple of incarnations of Ryu and Ken that could possibly take Logan in a fight and the one's that beat Vega weren't one of them. no

There's not an incarnation of Vega that exists that can win this fight... Hell, you might be hard pressed to even find a version of Vega from a fanfic that could. no expression

jinzin
That's vega.

Lol, we all know that Wolverine OWNED the Sun.... you think Vega would fair any better?

Validus
Vega from my fanfic would win.

jinzin
Originally posted by Validus

LIAR! mad

Skeets
Share please!

Soljer
Vega is nowhere NEAR a better fighter than Wolverine...

Wolverine's stalemated Captain America.
Scans or it didn't happen.

Easily disarmed an age old samurai demon warrior Ogun. Scans or it didn't happen.Originally posted by jinzin

Completely out maneuvered Elektra. Scans or it didn't happen.Originally posted by jinzin

Walked through Shang Chi in 4 panels. Scans or it didn't happen.

Validus
LIAR! mad
You're right. sad

Harry Fingerman
Lol, we all know that Wolverine OWNED the Sun.... you think Vega would fair any better? Oh, I thought it was a lady egg...

Soljer

You wrote a story about a star?

jinzin

Scans or it didn't happen. Scans or it didn't happen. Scans or it didn't happen.

I.
Jinzin.
Am going.
To.
Stab.
You....
no expression

You're right. sad

laughing

Oh, I thought it was a lady egg...

hysterical

JasonK4
I thought he beat Captain America...

Soljer
I.
Jinzin.
Am going.
To.
Stab.
You....
no expression

Validus
You wrote a story about a star?
Uhhh...errr...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/1171162637146.jpg

jinzin
Originally posted by JasonK4
I thought he beat Captain America...

technically... I suppose he did..

doh

JasonK4
technically... I suppose he did..

He did...remember...origins....

Soljer
technically... I suppose he did.. QUOTE]

Oh come on, as if Jinzin knows ANYTHING about Wolverine.

jinzin

yeah I know.. but when he did rail through Cap he was in berserker rage..

when he stalemated him, it was through fighting ability.

jinzin
Oh come on, as if Jinzin knows ANYTHING about Wolverine.

you keep it up I'll forget what I said earlier about those Uncanny issues. no expression

Soljer
you keep it up I'll forget what I said earlier about those Uncanny issues. no expression

What?

Scans or it didn't happen. stick out tongue.

JasonK4
yeah I know.. but when he did rail through Cap he was in berserker rage..

when he stalemated him, it was through fighting ability.
But, if cap hadn't picked up the Murusuma Blade, he would've been dead...

erm

Soljer

erm

Nah.

If Cap hadn't picked up the murasma blade, he would have done something else to keep the fight even.

Using a resource at hand isn't a sign of desperation, it's just a sign of using a resource.

stick out tongue.

Oh...and...err...

Scans or it didn't happen! mad!

jinzin

erm

Not arguing that.. but Wolverine's advantage was more due to HF at that point.

jinzin
Nah.

If Cap hadn't picked up the murasma blade, he would have done something else to keep the fight even.

Using a resource at hand isn't a sign of desperation, it's just a sign of using a resource.

stick out tongue.

Oh...and...err...

Scans or it didn't happen! mad!

I'll scan your face! mad

Soljer
I'll scan your face! mad

Will it make it into the respect thread? 313.

jinzin
Will it make it into the respect thread? 313.
What respect thread? confused

Soljer
What respect thread? confused

*stabs Jinzin in the eye*.

jinzin
laughing out loud

Soljer
laughing out loud

*twice*.

jinzin
*scans or it didn't happen*

Soljer
*scans or it didn't happen*

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/528/avatar463647gifzh0.jpg

JasonK4

laughing laughing laughing

jinzin

shock

oh.. damn.... DAYYYYYUUUUUMMMMM!

Soljer
big grin.

NiņoAraņa
laughing

gogogadgetgo
vega as in teh matador?
vega as in m. bison?
jap version m.bison is named vega
and in us version vega is the matador

JasonK4
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
vega as in teh matador?
vega as in m. bison?
and in us version vega is the matador
messed

spidey-dude
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
vega as in teh matador?
vega as in m. bison?
and in us version vega is the matador since where all speaking english hear i think where going by the american vega not the oriental one

Charlotte DeBel
Jinzin, if you really believe than Wolverine "TOYING" with Shang Chi in 4 panels is playsible and the way it happened is normal, then you're hopeless...Logan can win over Shang Chi, but that fight can really go ether way and it wouldn't be a piece of cake for Logan. That fight deserved to be at least 10 panels long, Wolvie's victory in 4 panels=BS.

And Evil Ryu wouldn't just give Wolverine "problems", he'll obliterate him. And I'm not a Street Fighter fan and dislike Ryu. Normal Ryu wins like 8\10 against non-handicapped Wolvie.

Back to topic, if HF isn't active, then Vega wins that like 7/10. Speed and technique advantage, Wolvie's fighting style is more of a brawling.

jinzin
Okay well first off, we already had this discussion and forgive me if I was mistaken but didn't we already agree to disagree?

A character is defined by what they do not whata person thinks they could or should do at one time... Wolverine pwned Shang Chi, He's pwned fighters better than Shang Chi.... That's what happens when he uses his fighting ability... no expression

Again it depends on what media we're talking about for SF characters... From all appearances the only SF incarnations that would destroy Wolverine come from non-canon comics that crossover with other video games...

Aside from those what feat does Ryu have to secure a win over Logan?
Honestly.. no expression

If Wolverine doesn't have an HF to rely on he's going to be more focused on using his skills.. Vega can't beat Wolverine in a contest of skill OR sheer physicality with or without a healing factor.

Apolloknight
I gotta agree with a little out of each of the last two post. Beating Shang Chi in 4 panels is BS. And I've said this before and I'll say it again, either its a Crap fight, or people on this forum Overate Shang Chi waaaaaay to much.

Also, I kinda agree with Jinzin, who can say vega is more skilled or faster then wolverine, nothing really. Although I do think he is definitely more agile and he shows it far more often; But pure speed and H2H skill, I'm not to sure on this one.

Although I do think vega might be more skilled with the use of his one claw, it can be cut off, destroyed, etc. Wolverine has two, that cant be destroyed, + I think wolverine is a better natural H2H fighter then vega.

It could go either way, I'm leaning toward the slight agility advantage for vega because I do think he would be able to dodge and get the first strike, and in a fight with these stipulations, the first strike would be everything.

Grifter07
Okay well first off, we already had this discussion and forgive me if I was mistaken but didn't we already agree to disagree?

A character is defined by what they do not whata person thinks they could or should do at one time... Wolverine pwned Shang Chi, He's pwned fighters better than Shang Chi.... That's what happens when he uses his fighting ability... no expression

Again it depends on what media we're talking about for SF characters... From all appearances the only SF incarnations that would destroy Wolverine come from non-canon comics that crossover with other video games...

Aside from those what feat does Ryu have to secure a win over Logan?
Honestly.. no expression

If Wolverine doesn't have an HF to rely on he's going to be more focused on using his skills.. Vega can't beat Wolverine in a contest of skill OR sheer physicality with or without a healing factor. Can you show me the Shang Chi fight? I missed that. laughing out loud

jinzin
If that's the case then I seriously call into question his speed... I'd even venture to say that while his agility is used far more often than Logan's I really don't think he'd actually be superior... Logan's agility has been described as enhanced and he's proven it when he used his agility to trick Hydra into thinking he was Beast.... That said, Vega does use it more and admittedly he would probably venture to use it more in this fight. But I don't think that's enough of an advantage to get in the "first shot" here... While Vega may have an agility advantage due to CIS... Wolverine still has the (most likely)skill/experience/strength/and (most likely) speed advantage... plus like you stated Apollo, he's got claws that can't get ruined while Vegas can....
Hell Vega's been disarmed from his claws midfight in at least 3 different media. Also, though Vega does manage to land the first blow in a large wealth of his fights, they hardly ever take anyone down striaght away.. usually he wears down his opponents through multiple strikes... I don't think he could afford to do that in this fight. erm

jinzin
Originally posted by Grifter07
Can you show me the Shang Chi fight? I missed that. laughing out loud I can post it later today.

spidey-dude
I can post it later today. when is later ?

Grifter07
I can post it later today. Thanks. What series and issue was it?

jinzin
X-Men.. I THINK around issue 62-64...

========
Shang-Chi
========
Wolverine easily hands Shang Chi his ass on a platter:
1. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6830/shangchi1nx1.jpg
2. http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/284/shangchi2af8.jpg
3. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2512/shangchi3eu5.jpg

Grifter07
I don't see whats so bad about that. He didn't win, he just managed to use his claws to his advantage, if thats it all why do people moan so much?

Symmetric Chaos
X-Men.. I THINK around issue 62-64...

========
Shang-Chi
========
Wolverine easily hands Shang Chi his ass on a platter:
1. http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6830/shangchi1nx1.jpg
2. http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/284/shangchi2af8.jpg
3. http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2512/shangchi3eu5.jpg

ShangChi is a dude?

Huh no expression

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
ShangChi is a dude?

Huh no expression

laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.