Genesis VS Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThoraxeRMG
No hold backs, full force.
The area is roof top of the Mikado Corp. HQ.
Who shall win?

shin_gear
Sephiroth, wtf.

Burning thought
hail hitler

ESB -1138
...Sephiroth

Who else?
Awesome F**KING sig, yo.

SHM
We already watched this fight. Seph owned him.

shin_gear
If I recall correctly Genesis can't fly like Sephiroth, doesn't cut massive objects from a distance and doesn't have the stamina that Sephiroth has, not to mention his elemental attacks had no effect on Sephiroth whatsoever, while Sephiroth was toying with him.

Csdabest
^^He magic attacks made him get serious with him. So yeah..uh they hurt him. What makes you think he will be able to take less damage when he gets serious. Sephiroth for the win. Genesis will fair alot better. I think he'll give him a run for his money

Violent2Dope
Seph wins, unless you wanna argue with the creators.

Hannibal-Lector
wait... you havent seen the video of their fight? Sephiroth would/has own him (although Genesis should beable to cleave through buildings to, just not as easily)

ThoraxeRMG
I did see it, and I loved it.

shin_gear
So did I. XD

ThoraxeRMG
I wished it was a real "To the death" fight.

shin_gear
sad

Csdabest
Cloud vs Sephiroth. Cloud one. Its fact...And Sephiroth has to be played as he is simply toying around since he can not fight seriously to save his life. Dont beleive me? Play final fantasy and watch AC and argue with Creators. Sephiroth is a Joke.

Sephy toys around and Gen goes full force killing him cuz sephiroth got to careless. Thats how sephiroth fights. Cant change how he fights

Remindme
It's a scarey thought to think people might actually believe Sephiroth loses
Undeniable proof this is a mismatch, to Sephiroth's favour

rCPg_NZnXYk

MadMel
gen did go full force on seph, and got snapped badly...what makes this fight any different?

shin_gear
The creators would tell you Sephiroth is above all in the VII verse. You may tell them why did they make Sephiroth get this and that. They'll tell you he'd beat the shit out of Chaos Omega and Cloud Strife while screwing Tifa at the same time, and it would be true.

Csdabest
Puh. What makes you think that was his full force. He took things up a notch. And thats exactly how cloud and Sephiroth fight when but look who came out the victor....

Violent2Dope
You know, in game vs. matches, PIS/CIS is taken off.

MadMel
Originally posted by Csdabest
Puh. What makes you think that was his full force. He took things up a notch. And thats exactly how cloud and Sephiroth fight when but look who came out the victor....
prove that he wasnt going all out roll eyes (sarcastic)

shin_gear
He was gritting his teeth I'm sure he was going all out.

MadMel
and he was panting at the end....id say he would have been wasted if angeal didnt intervene erm

shin_gear
"Genesis! oh" LOL

Csdabest
Originally posted by MadMel
prove that he wasnt going all out roll eyes (sarcastic)
Prove that he was. I saw worry in sephiroth eyes as he was getting frustrated.

SHM
Cloud vs Sephiroth. Cloud one. Its fact...And Sephiroth has to be played as he is simply toying around since he can not fight seriously to save his life. Dont beleive me? Play final fantasy and watch AC and argue with Creators. Sephiroth is a Joke.

Sephy toys around and Gen goes full force killing him cuz sephiroth got to careless. Thats how sephiroth fights. Cant change how he fights

Sephiroth toys ONLY with Cloud, because of his hate for him(he wants to make Cloud suffer, instead of just killing him).

ESB -1138

Originally posted by Remindme
rCPg_NZnXYk

Genesis is going all out on Sephiroth and Sephiroth is just messing with him. Sephiroth toys with Cloud because Sephiroth wants Cloud to suffer as much as possible. You take away Cloud's Omnislash and there is no way Cloud could have beaten Sephiroth in FF7 or Advent Children.

Csdabest
Like I said...Sephiroth couldnt get serious in a fight to save his life. This has happened twice already. There is no reason Gen can't pull it off. And in the game Gen pulls of way more sicker attacks he did in the clip so obviously if he didnt use his full arsenal he didnt go all out. Sephiroth is flawed till he really goes all out because there no point being the strongest if your character and the way he fights over and over again is only toying around half assing.

Shin_Nikkolas
So, where is this video from anyway?

I'd think it's Pre-Nibel Sephiroth which makes the inclusion of One-Winged Angel even dumber.

ESB -1138
Like I said...Sephiroth couldnt get serious in a fight to save his life. This has happened twice already. There is no reason Gen can't pull it off. And in the game Gen pulls of way more sicker attacks he did in the clip so obviously if he didnt use his full arsenal he didnt go all out. Sephiroth is flawed till he really goes all out because there no point being the strongest if your character and the way he fights over and over again is only toying around half assing.

Expect Sephiroth was playing around with a completely serious Genesis and the moment Anglea (or whatever his name is) was in trouble Sephiroth defeated Genesis in a split second. That was Sephiroth no longer toying around. Genesis didn't even stand a chance.

SHM

Sephiroth only toys with Cloud. Show me a moment in all the FFVII Compilation where he toys with someone else.

Csdabest
Says who?^^^Who toyed around with zack but zack just didnt know how to people playful. Toyed around with Genesis. All we know is the fight was interupted. If angela didnt interupt who knows how the fight would have went. The energy attack could have connected. Just because someone is the strongest doesnt mean they cant get beaten. If that was the case then games would not have a poinjt in fighting someone stronger. Strength doesnt really determine the outcome. Will power. If tenstrong doeswnt have the will to actualy win the fight they are going to loose. Sephiroth twice...in life and death situations have proven he doesnt really show the will to win. Yeah he plays with cloud. He did it the first time and got killed. He didnt prove smart enough the second time to acert himself and let it happen again. Yall are completely changing how sephiroth is known to fight. He has never went all out. And When he toys around he gives the enemy more than enoigh time and oppurtunies to kill him while letting the person live and survive. And as you all know only one successful oppurtunie to kill is needed to fight. The flaw with sephiroth character is that he always toys around which is his downfall.

SHM
Says who?^^^Who toyed around with zack but zack just didnt know how to people playful. Toyed around with Genesis. All we know is the fight was interupted. If angela didnt interupt who knows how the fight would have went. The energy attack could have connected. Just because someone is the strongest doesnt mean they cant get beaten. If that was the case then games would not have a poinjt in fighting someone stronger. Strength doesnt really determine the outcome. Will power. If tenstrong doeswnt have the will to actualy win the fight they are going to loose. Sephiroth twice...in life and death situations have proven he doesnt really show the will to win. Yeah he plays with cloud. He did it the first time and got killed. He didnt prove smart enough the second time to acert himself and let it happen again. Yall are completely changing how sephiroth is known to fight. He has never went all out. And When he toys around he gives the enemy more than enoigh time and oppurtunies to kill him while letting the person live and survive. And as you all know only one successful oppurtunie to kill is needed to fight. The flaw with sephiroth character is that he always toys around which is his downfall.

Is pretty obvious in CC that he didn't play with Zack, and this is why Zack lost. He didn't play with Genesis, and this is why he was cutting the fuc*ing Junon Cannon in many pieces, with a serious expression in his face, and with OWA playing.

Sephiroth hate Cloud so much that he want to make him suffer. This why he appeared in AC... To fight Cloud. Sephiroth's hate for Cloud is his kryptonite. But Genesis is not Cloud.

It was never stated in any official source that Sephiroth likes to play with everyone. And CC proves that your statement is wrong.

Csdabest
Puh He was playing Zack. if he wasnt Zack would be dead. If sephiroth really is as strong as everyone would claim. Then Zack would not even had traded blows with sephiroth and the fight would have been over with seconds. but no Zack put up a fight with Sephy just like Genesis and Cloud did. Sephiroth didnt do anything spectacular or extreme in that fight than he did with Cloud or Genesis. When sephiroth fought Genesis he was abit more tense then that fight. Sephiroth was going easy on Genesis playing around because that fight wasnt a real fight it was just a spar. But when Gen took it up he took it up but was all in good manner and he wasnt trying to kill gensis hence furthing the fact that sephiroth was just messing around. As always

ESB -1138
Who, you must either (A) really have Sephiroth or (B) really love Genesis. Face it when Sephiroth did become serious in his fight against Genesis he injured him so quickly that the fight was over. Sephiroth was toying with Genesis and Genesis was going all out. Genesis's little attack didn't kill Anglae and all those little flare attacks didn't even harm Genesis.

Let's look at the end, when Anglae was in trouble Sephiroth easily WTFpwned Genesis.

Sephiroth > Genesis

Sephiroth wins this is no contest.

Hannibal-Lector
Sephiroth starts the fight just toying in the video, after Genesis enhances his sword Sephiroth does a parry and exserts effort. At that point (i could be wrong) but i think he calls Genesis a bast ard and then starts putting effort (as it is shown his next attack knocks Genesis back 30-50 feet)

Sephiroth gives a light slash to Genesis arm at the end to save Angeal..... Angeal's intervention was more of a danger to himself than SEphiroth or Genesis

Csdabest
Yeah but he injuredGenesis after angeal intviened. Genesis was blocking each of sephy attack and launching attacks of his own. The reason Angeal steped in was not save Genesis or sephiroth it was he wantedit to stop because the spar was getting out of hand and to serious.

Csdabest
Oh for the record. I dont hate Sephiroth or love Genesis. I just beleive Sephiroth is too much of a flawed character to be overpowered the way people say he is. He was strong crazy strong but never showed it and show him getting beat twice by the same guy. Then after the crazy footage we saw of Omega vs Chaos the creators say oh and Sephiroth is the strongest in the FFVII universe without having him showing any feats. To Really back it up. Because if you go with the source of the data sephiroth is not the strongest its really chaos and omega seeing the level they fought at. But because of a statement without released evidence Sephiroth is instantly the strongest with him dying and not showing any proof of it even after the new powerful characters come out. I completely lost respect for sephiroths character and see him as flawed. They still have a chance to redeem him in Final Fantasy VII Endless Crisis but it will be corny as hell most likely if they do bring him back as he pretty much died twice already seeing him getting washed back into the life stream

ESB -1138
Yeah but he injuredGenesis after angeal intviened. Genesis was blocking each of sephy attack and launching attacks of his own. The reason Angeal steped in was not save Genesis or sephiroth it was he wantedit to stop because the spar was getting out of hand and to serious.

If you haven't noticed Genesis was struggling just to stay on the defense. Cloud was basically on defense throughout their fight in AC.

Csdabest
Cloud did alot better then genesis though. Sephiroth though making him suffer was actualy trying to kill Cloud though. Sephiroth was in a heat spar with Genesis.

But my point still stands...I just like arguing though.

SHM
Did you guys watch the same video that I did? Because in the end of it, Genesis' magic broke part of Angeal's sword, and the shard flew in Genesis' shoulder, cutting it. Sephiroth didn't do anything. Please guys watch the video again.

Puh He was playing Zack. if he wasnt Zack would be dead. If sephiroth really is as strong as everyone would claim. Then Zack would not even had traded blows with sephiroth and the fight would have been over with seconds. but no Zack put up a fight with Sephy just like Genesis and Cloud did. Sephiroth didnt do anything spectacular or extreme in that fight than he did with Cloud or Genesis.

Pre-Nibel Sephiroth is not a god dude. He is the most powerful SOLDIER, but it doesn't mean he can kill anyone with a sneeze. To defeat someone powerful like a 1st Class(Genesis and Zack), he needs to fight. And this is what he did. He fought with a serious expression on his face, using his most powerful techniques. It's obvious he wasn't playing around.

You want him to be playing around, to "prove" that he allways do that, and call him an idiot. But you are wrong. All evidences point to the contrary.

So, he wasn't going all out, because he wasn't trying to kill Genesis? This is why he is an idiot that never fight seriously?! Dude, Genesis was one of his best friends in that time! Why the fu*k he would try to kill him?! This is not stupidity, this is friendship!

And you don't need to want to kill someone, to go all out. Seph used that long-range attack(after the fire-balls) that cutted the Junon Cannon. And he used it against Genesis! I'm sorry, but this is not "playing around".

Csdabest
Ok...whatever...obviously if ur goingall out your trying to kill someone. There is no point in going all out if ur not gonna kill them. And You said Sephiroth was using his most powerful attacks right. Then where does that level Supernova at. Why use your most powerfull attacks if ur not trying to kill someone. If he was going all out and not trying to kill Genesis. Then that just proves That he is not as strong as Omega and Chaos. Who feats craps on those that were showing in that vid.

So either Sephiroth was playing around with Gen. And still has alot more to show putting him above Chaos and Omega(Even though i think that is highly unlikely) or he was going all out and sephiroth at 100% doesnt add up to Omega and Choas and the produces are just saying a whole bunch of BS that dont add up

SHM
Ok...whatever...obviously if ur goingall out your trying to kill someone. There is no point in going all out if ur not gonna kill them. And You said Sephiroth was using his most powerful attacks right. Then where does that level Supernova at. Why use your most powerfull attacks if ur not trying to kill someone. If he was going all out and not trying to kill Genesis. Then that just proves That he is not as strong as Omega and Chaos. Who feats craps on those that were showing in that vid.

So either Sephiroth was playing around with Gen. And still has alot more to show putting him above Chaos and Omega(Even though i think that is highly unlikely) or he was going all out and sephiroth at 100% doesnt add up to Omega and Choas and the produces are just saying a whole bunch of BS that dont add up

......When the creators said Sephiroth is the strongest or whatever, they were talking about Post-Nibel Sephiroth. But we are talking about Pre-Nibel Sephiroth here. Exist a HUGE difference between them.

And my point still stands. Sephiroth is an arrogant idiot only against Cloud.

Csdabest
ok now that your said Pre-nibel and post nibel. Now im Interested what the hell Sephiroth due to get stronger in that duration

shin_gear
Absorb Jenova's head and transform into a divine being that has an attack that destroys solar systems? I don't know. stick out tongue

Terryc250
^ There was an interview with Nomura about Crisis Core and it was stated they couldn't make a character any stronger then Sephiroth

Anyway,

Sephiroth wins, Genesis was going all out, Sephiroth wasn't, it seemed more like he was testing Genesis, after he went down the canon, then popped up and started being more aggressive you can see Sephiroth overpowering him that Genesis even went on his back for a second, anyway, Angeal intervined, and when he saw Genesis was going to slice Angeal, Sephiroth chopped on Genesis on shoulder and he screamed like a girl.

Sephiroth ftw

Pre-Nibel incident is just regular Sephiroth known as the most powerful SOLDIER, Weiss was shit compared to Seph, or even Angeal and Genesis

Post-Nibel incident is Sephiroth after he went insane, lost his body to the lifestream, and moved around with his Will-power alone, but later he reformed his body, merged with Jenova, became Bizzaro Sephiroth then hatched into Safer Sephiroth

AC Sephiroth is Sephiroth after he died in FF7, and his body/conscious went into the lifestream which contaminated it, forming the Geostigma disease, Loz, Yazoo, and Kadaj were physical Manifestations of Sephiroth and Sephiroth using Jenova, made them hunt the Jenova cells, Kadaj finally got it and Sephiroth returns, and "reached a new level of power" he had control over all the negative power of the lifestream, and can basically do anything, and yes, can crush Chaos, and Omega weapon.

MadMel
FFS!!!
it was angeals broken sword that cut genesis, not speph
how could you miss that!! mad

shin_gear
LOL, I couldn't even tell what it was that hit Genesis, and he didn't scream like a girl. XDOriginally posted by shin_gear
"Genesis! oh" LOL

MadMel
ok...ill explain this very carefully..
- gen lights up magic in his hand - "its not over yet!"
- in slow motion, we see gens sword cut angeals sword in half
- the half the broke off flew towards gen and cut him on the shoulder

shin_gear
I thought it was Genesis's blue energy attack that broke the sword.

MadMel
nah, the sword was on fire and burnt through it laughing out loud

Csdabest
Wow so sephiroth didnt chop Genesis. It was Angeal sword out of his own stupidity

shin_gear
Then he was like..

Terryc250
Originally posted by MadMel
FFS!!!
it was angeals broken sword that cut genesis, not speph
how could you miss that!! mad

umm i highly doubt that happened, that just makes Genesis look like a moron LOL and im sure the creators didn't spend all that time to make the bad guy of a game an comedic idiot ahaha

MadMel
yup laughing
which was the whole point of this backflash in the first place - explaining to zack not to be careless..

Terryc250
^ no it wasnt lol

shin_gear
Apparenltly...it was the broken piece of the sword lol. I watched that part again and as it was going in slow motion you can see the camera starting to focus on the broken piece of the sword in mid-air, and it turns and hits Genesis in the shoulder, which is why he's holding his shoulder afterwards. It wasn't Sephiroth that did anything because he was still in a deadlock with Angeal.

MadMel
^
yup big grin

Terryc250
^ no if you watch closely, you can see it flies over his shoulder when u speed up it goes right over and you can see it on the ground its no where near his shoulder

Csdabest
lol Geneis is dumbass...just because of that Sephiroth for the win...even thoughhe is still a dumbass fr underestimating Cloud twice

Csdabest
Originally posted by shin_gear
Absorb Jenova's head and transform into a divine being that has an attack that destroys solar systems? I don't know. stick out tongue

You know for some reason i was under the speculation he might have flushed it down the toilet or used it as a foundation for a bubble gum shrine for someone he admired

shin_gear
Originally posted by Terryc250
^ no if you watch closely, you can see it flies over his shoulder when u speed up it goes right over and you can see it on the ground its no where near his shoulder Um, it goes past his shoulder, flipping and hitting it in the process and then falls to the ground. Nothing else could've hit him.

MadMel
Um, it goes past his shoulder, flipping and hitting it in the process and then falls to the ground. Nothing else could've hit him.

Terryc250
Um, it goes past his shoulder, flipping and hitting it in the process and then falls to the ground. Nothing else could've hit him.
Sephiroth could've

How can it land way over there if it hit his shoulder, it goes right over if it hit something it wouldnt fly that far, and after he gets hit the camera is on Sephiroth's hand with sword

MadMel
lets see...we can clearly see the sword hit him...you can even freeze-frame it roll eyes (sarcastic)
it could have easily flown that far, all it did was cut him erm

shin_gear
The video pretty much explains how it could've hit him and went that far. I don't feel like mentioning the details, and I think it'd be pretty wierd if Sephiroth just decided to stab Genesis the instant Angeal's sword broke even though during that instant Sephiroth was still in a deadlock with Angeal. Anway, why the fvck are we arguing over this? Seriously? stfu and I mean all of us.

Csdabest
So who should we pit aginst eachother. Maybe a handicap match...Cloud Genesis and Zack vs Sephy

shin_gear
Yeah...team would still get pwned though. Sephiroth would still win if Chaos, Weiss and Omega joined the group. Sephiroth = One Above All in the VII verse.

Ok, that wasn't too accurate but meh. XD

Terryc250
^ ok thisll be the last comment on that stupid thing, No it wasnt because after genesis gets down on one knee, it shows Sephiroth clearly has his sword out in hand, so he mustve done somethin throughout that whole process.

MadMel
Anway, why the fvck are we arguing over this? Seriously? stfu and I mean all of us.
laughing out loud
heres the pick
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MadMel_1st/gen.jpg
the milisecond after this hits, hes clutching the shoulder in pain

shin_gear
We don't see Sephiroth's sword doing anything, and why do you think the camera zoomed in on the broken piece the instant before he got hit? the point even turns and hits him on the shoulder. Sephiroth was too busy thinking about what Angeal just did.

Edit: LOL I guess this is fun right seeing as we have nothing else to do. XD

Oh wait, exams tomorrow. nuts

Peace. wave

Terryc250
^actually you see it KEEP GOING lol im sure Genesis isnt that much of a wuss that a lil graze would make him scream like that or isnt that much of an idiot

shin_gear
Alright, this should stop at this point. We don't know for sure, I guess. It happened all too quickly and we have our own assumptions on what actually happened. Case closed. XD

MadMel
also, why the hell would sephiroth suddenly jump at him...they are friends and it was clear angeal was trying to stop them erm

ill stop now erm

Csdabest
That injury was alot more serious than you think. He was practically dying from it

SHM
ok now that your said Pre-nibel and post nibel. Now im Interested what the hell Sephiroth due to get stronger in that duration

He gained the knowledge of the Lifestream, took controll of Jenova's body, and absorbed Lifestream for 5 years without stoping.

After he was defeated, created Geostigma and corrupted the majority of the Lifestream, gaining control of great part of the planet.

Ah, and Genesis Avatar would OWN Pre-Nibel Sephiroth.

Csdabest
So its more of a dictation of versions of the characters we use.

Mazy
Okay, this forum is like what, 5 years old? I still wanted to write something because some of the comments annoyed me for example: (Sephiroth slashed Genesis at the end of their fight) when it was actually the sword of Genesis that snapped Angeal's sword which in return cut Genesis's shoulder. It wasn't even Sephiroth who hurt Genesis!
Man, I had to say this. I feel embarrassed this is 5 years late lol but oh well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.