Wolverine's Deadliest Fight!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Taskmaster has been hired by a secret organization with the task of killing Wolverine, and he has been given the Muramasa sword to help him accomplish the objective. Wolverine is lured into an empty warehouse where he is confronted by the Taskmaster for the fight of his life! Who will survive this deadly encounter?!

Taskmaster (with Muramasa Sword) versus Wolverine

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/5000/4578/58307-taskmaster_400.jpg

redhotrash
Tough fight, maybe even a double kill?

SevenShackles
taskmaster can read his moves after awhile cant he? even if not if wolverine can get in close enough to sink his claws into him he can cut him deep. the sword has a longer reach than wolverines claws so im sure he can pull more damage if not cut him clean in two.

ill give it to taskmaster.

NiņoAraņa
hmm...interesting. i want bumpage on this.

basilisk
I'd give it to Taskmaster 8/10.

braz
As much as I want to say Wolverine would win, I'd say Taskmaster takes it, due to the sword of course.

Grinning Goku
Taskmaster. Quick question is TM as skilled as Daken? If he is, then Wolverine dies rather quickly here.

Soljer
Quick question - is Wolverine considerably faster than Taskmaster?

Cause, if not, Taskmaster can simply double-speed, and decapitate Logan fairly quickly.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer

Cause, if not, Taskmaster can simply double-speed, and decapitate Logan fairly quickly.

how could it decapitate Logan...could the muramasa cut through adamantium?

masterbruce

also I doubt Taskmaster would ever get such a clean shot...didn't Sabretooth let Logan kill him?

Soljer
Originally posted by masterbruce
how could it decapitate Logan...could the muramasa cut through adamantium?

It's supposed to be magic. erm.

masterbruce
It's supposed to be magic. erm.

yeah but that doesn't mean it cuts through adamantium...perhaps all the magic does is negate the HF

Battlehammer
there really nothing to suggest the blade can cut adamtium.

Symmetric Chaos

He shouldn't, but but I'm fairly sure Wolverine has a sizeable advantage in speed.

Shank 'n Bake
I'm pretty sure that Task Master would study up on Logan's movements and techniques before the fight.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He shouldn't, but but I'm fairly sure Wolverine has a sizeable advantage in speed.

Meh, not really.

As Jinzin admitted in the Wolverine vs. Spiderman thread, Wolverine's speed is on par with Robin's.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shank 'n Bake
I'm pretty sure that Task Master would study up on Logan's movements and techniques before the fight.

He has studied them in the past, along with the moves of scores of superheroes, action heroes and blackbelts. He still ends up losing to Wolverine, CaptainAmerica, Deadpool types because he's not quite on the same physical level.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He still ends up losing to Wolverine, CaptainAmerica, Deadpool types because he's not quite on the same physical level. and because he's a villain so he has to lose in the end according to comic book rules

Shank 'n Bake
and because he's a villain so he has to lose in the end according to comic book rules

That is true. Not to mention it depends on the book the fight is being held in.

lando005
i dont see how this is a deadly fight for wolverine he should win this

redhotrash
also your assuming Taskmaster only would use the sword. He has an array of weapons including trick arrows. He could nail Wolverine with a sticky arrow and finish him or use his modified webspinners.

Rufus T Firefly
Originally posted by redhotrash
also your assuming Taskmaster only would use the sword. He has an array of weapons including trick arrows. He could nail Wolverine with a sticky arrow and finish him or use his modified webspinners. this guy's username is almost an allusion to me, i can feel it...

Soljer
Originally posted by lando005
i dont see how this is a deadly fight for wolverine he should win this

Because - even if Wolverine wins a majority, his enemy is wielding the one thing that will actually kill him.

In another thread, if Logan wins 4/10 or 1/10 or 8/10, it doesn't matter to Logan - he'll be alive, even the times he loses.

In this thread, if he loses 4/10, he's DEAD four times out of ten.

stick out tongue.

lando005
Because - even if Wolverine wins a majority, his enemy is wielding the one thing that will actually kill him.

In another thread, if Logan wins 4/10 or 1/10 or 8/10, it doesn't matter to Logan - he'll be alive, even the times he loses.

In this thread, if he loses 4/10, he's DEAD four times out of ten.

stick out tongue. come to think of it will he stay dead if he's killed by the sword? or could he just come back because he chooses to (i thought that's how is immortality worked)

Violent2Dope
Taskmaster has been hired by a secret organization with the task of killing Wolverine, and he has been given the Muramasa sword to help him accomplish the objective. Wolverine is lured into an empty warehouse where he is confronted by the Taskmaster for the fight of his life! Who will survive this deadly encounter?!

Taskmaster (with Muramasa Sword) versus Wolverine

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/5000/4578/58307-taskmaster_400.jpg Just to be a dick, I should make a deadlier fight for him.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Just to be a dick, I should make a deadlier fight for him. do it!

Daredevil1
Taskmaster rankings have been lowered with his losing badly to Deadpool and getting beat up by Moonknight.

He just seems to be going down hill as of late. Even with this deadly sword Logan might prove to much. If it was the old Taskmaster maybe then he would have the edge.

Soljer
Originally posted by lando005
come to think of it will he stay dead if he's killed by the sword? or could he just come back because he chooses to (i thought that's how is immortality worked)

That is how is immortality works, but it is assumed that the Murasma blade is 'special,' in that Logan would NOT resurrect after being killed by it.

Alfheim
Taskmaster wins. Taskmaster cant do double speed for long it will shatter his bones.

Soljer
Oooh...

Here's a REALLY good question;

Does Wolverine know it's the Muramasa blade?

I mean, Taskmaster has a sonic image inducer. He could always make a hologram of a different sword 'overlay' the Muramasa - and Wolverine would think it was just an 'everyday' sword.

Possibly leading to him LETTING the Taskmaster stick it into his neck, in order to create an opening (wouldn't be the first time Wolverine's used this tactic).

Battlehammer
Logan would sense the blade

Soljer
How, exactly?

Battlehammer
How, exactly?
smell it.

The blade was made from him.

He wpuld know it scent and would likly feel it presenses since it a part of him self.

Soljer
laughing.

I'm sorry, Capt.

That's all I've got to say....

laughing.

Battlehammer
what.........it was.

Im not saying im right and he would, but it quite a possiability.

the sword is red for one and likly as a different scent.

The sword was made from his soul so it not far fetch to assume he would sense the blades presenses

Soljer
Originally posted by Battlehammer
what.........it was.

Im not saying im right and he would, but it quite a possiability.

the sword is red for one and likly as a different scent.

The sword was made from his soul so it not far fetch to assume he would sense the blades presenses

Plain and simple.

You're guessing and making admissions for Wolverine on the basis of maybes and assumptions.

In fact, since Wolverine has never sensed it in the past, it IS far fetched to assume he, all the sudden, would.

Battlehammer
logan also never said he could not sense it he also neevr had trouble finding it.

also giving Logan sense of smell it not far fetch to assume he know the objects smell like he does with people.

masterbruce
Oooh...

Here's a REALLY good question;

Does Wolverine know it's the Muramasa blade?

yes, Wolverine knows its the Muramasa. It would be so unfair if he didn't, as he prob would jump into the sword just to get at tasmaster.

Soljer
logan also never said he could not sense it he also neevr had trouble finding it.

also giving Logan sense of smell it not far fetch to assume he know the objects smell like he does with people.

laughing

Are you serious?

Logan also never said he could not shoot fire out of his ass - does that mean he's capable?

Furthermore, it IS far fetched to assume that he knows the blade's smell, because there is NOTHING to indicate that it smells like anything but steel and oil.

Soljer
yes, Wolverine knows its the Muramasa. It would be so unfair if he didn't, as he prob would jump into the sword just to get at tasmaster.

Fair enough. That settles that, then.

But to assume that Logan could 'sense' the blade?

Gimme a break.

Ize19
Fair enough. That settles that, then.

But to assume that Logan could 'sense' the blade?

Gimme a break.

It's actually not that farfetched. Wolverine has sensed evil before, such as in the Gehenna Stone Affair, and, when you consider that the sword was made using Wolverine's soul, it's not unreasonable that he could. Still, seeing as he has yet to do anything like that, I wouldn't argue that he could in an actual debate, I'm just saying that it's not a ridiculous idea.

Soljer
Originally posted by Ize19
It's actually not that farfetched. Wolverine has sensed evil before, such as in the Gehenna Stone Affair, and, when you consider that the sword was made using Wolverine's soul, it's not unreasonable that he could. Still, seeing as he has yet to do anything like that, I wouldn't argue that he could in an actual debate, I'm just saying that it's not a ridiculous idea.

That's the entire point.

I wouldn't be aghast at the idea if it happened in Origins.

But, since there has been absolutely no indication of it, it's ridiculous to pretend like it's a possibility right now.

Battlehammer
laughing

Are you serious?

Logan also never said he could not shoot fire out of his ass - does that mean he's capable?

Furthermore, it IS far fetched to assume that he knows the blade's smell, because there is NOTHING to indicate that it smells like anything but steel and oil.

but nthe blades not made of steal or oil.............it amde from Logans own soul............

it not a normal blade it not made from the same things as a normal blade.

so it really not that farfetch.

but again there no way for me to prove it since he neevr actaully had to smell for his own blade

also..........did taskmaster wash the blade........becuase if he did not sabertooth scent would be on it.

Soljer
The blade was forged WITH a part of Logan's soul, but it's not MADE out of logan's soul. It was still forged in the traditional manner as well.

Battlehammer
The blade was forged WITH a part of Logan's soul, but it's not MADE out of logan's soul. It was still forged in the traditional manner as well.
how do you know it was never shown or stated that it was forge in the traditional manner............

Soljer
how do you know it was never shown or stated that it was forge in the traditional manner............

Because it's a steel blade.

There was no mention of a special process, so it's assumed to be normal. no expression.

Battlehammer
Because it's a steel blade.

There was no mention of a special process, so it's assumed to be normal. no expression.
..........steel is now red? Steal can now cut through object that are beyond bullet prove effortlessly?

actaully we know the proccess is of super naterual method.

Soljer
..........steel is now red? Steal can now cut through object that are beyond bullet prove effortlessly?

actaully we know the proccess is of super naterual method. Steel can be of many different colors. I have red-hued carbon steel swords at home.

And yes, steel can very easily cut through 'bullet proof' things.

Kevlar, for example. smile.

Alfheim
That's the entire point.

I wouldn't be aghast at the idea if it happened in Origins.

But, since there has been absolutely no indication of it, it's ridiculous to pretend like it's a possibility right now.

Yes but it could be argued by the best ability rule that Wolverine could smell the blade, and even if he couldnt do that he could smell the handle.

Im not entirely sure how sensitive Wolverines smell is, but if its like DDs where he can smell a sniper from 2 blocks away he could probably smell something relatively close.

He may not have shown he can smell the blade but by looking at his powerset he should be able to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.