Samurai Jack vs. Kenshin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blax_Hydralisk
hurpmh, who wins.

I, personally give Jack the majority.

leonheartmm
jack.

ensatsu-ken
Well, I like Kenshin more as a character, but I suppose that Jack would win, since he has done stuff that I could never imagine Kenshin doing (however Kenshing has peformed quite a few impressive feats himself, that no normal human could ever hope to do stick out tongue ).

chickenlover98
kenshin. jack is nothing. he cant even move that fast. kenshin could speedblitz. he can move faster than normal humans. he can move so fast they wont know what hit em we have never seen jack move that fast. we dont even know if he could react

superkronick92
Jack killed an army of robots, kenshins got nothing on jack. He wins in a curbstomp

Violent2Dope
Jack fights gods. Jack wins.

chickenlover98
so he fought something evil oOo, doesnt mean he can move faster than kenshin. if u have can prove he can move faster than kenshin go ahead. i think it was the sword that let him fight the haku guy btw.

King Kandy
Jack defeated Chronos, who warped the entire universe and defeated all the gods.

Kenshin's most powerful enemies are basicaly still human. These two are on totaly different tiers of power.

Sol Valentine
and that powerful shapeshifter Aku.

chickenlover98
ooo aku he couldnt even do anything. garuntee kenshin could kill him with jacks sword

Sol Valentine
Can Kenshin kill Cronos?

chickenlover98
i unno. he could kill jack though

King Kandy
Chronos is>>>>>>>>>>>>Aku.

Aku was a tiny fragment of evil from that big dark blob thing. That was taken down by three gods.

Chronos ate 10+ gods with no fight at all.

superkronick92
Jack fought an army of bug robots in his first episode, Bug Robots>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kenshin

King Kandy
Yeah. And i'd like to see Kenshin take on ANY of the foes Jack faces.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah. And i'd like to see Kenshin take on ANY of the foes Jack faces.

Now you gus are understimating Kenshin far too much. Its true that Jack would beat Kenshin, but saying that Kenshin are you saying that Kenshin can't even take on some of Jack's weaker foes confused ? Seriously, that means that you guys either have not seen much of RK, or you are just plain biased. Kenshin once moved fast enough to chop down a dozen guys at once, as a Hitokiri, faster than anyone could see. He once cut through a cannon ball that was shot directly at him, and from a very close range. The reverse side of his sakabatou, have been able to cut through hard stone and metal materials, which makes it far stronger than any other man-made sword, for humans. Kenshin can jump at least 20 feet in the air, and once jumped across a 50 foot gap between 2 parts of a forest (or whatever you would like to call it). He once cut a very sturdy bridge down, with just 2 slashes from his sword. His Ryuu Amakakeru no Hirameki is an attack in which he slashes his enemy an instant before an attack of theirs reaches him, and he move faster than even they can see (and they are most certainly no ordinarly/normal humans wink ).

So, in conclusion, Jack would beat Kenshin, IMO. However saying that Kenshin can't take on ANY of Jack's enemies at all, even the weaker ones, is 100% false, seeing as how there are plenty of enemies which Jack has faced, that Kenshin could easily cut down, and who can't even move faster than the speed of any normal human, whereas Kenshin can move faster than the human eye can see. The above statements are purely biased towards Kenshin, simply just because the Kenshin characters are all human. The fighting in Kenshin is extremely eaggerated, in case you didn't realize, in that it involves feats that no human in real life could ever come close to accomplishing. So if I were in the place of some of you, I would take back anything you said to make Kenshin look so weak that he can't even take on the simpler enemies which Samurai Jack has faced, because he could EASILY destroy many of them.

Also, in the manga, Sanousuke was easily able to take out an army of 200 swordsman, single-handedly cool . Considering that Kenshin is at least 10 time more powerful than Sanousuke, in terms of skills and speed, I would say that he is capable of more than what anyone seems to be giving him credit for, so far.

Blax_Hydralisk
200 swordsmen?

Jack alone destroyed an army of at leats a thousand bug robots..

chickenlover98
oOo robots, wow thats something kenshin couldnt do. btw jack had help. and ne ways kenshin moves faster than jack

superkronick92
please, the reason Jack wins is because his series was deliberatly cartoony and ridiculous, with him jumping miles in the air and beating armies, seriously, it's no contest.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETniXPrhwMc&mode=related&search=

chickenlover98
plz kenshin coulda done the same. he's red haired jesus. o wait thats chuck norris..........

superkronick92
Originally posted by superkronick92
please, the reason Jack wins is because his series was deliberatly cartoony and ridiculous, with him jumping miles in the air and beating armies, seriously, it's no contest.

chickenlover98
lol u quoted yourself again. that always makes me laugh

King Kandy
No, Kenshin couldn't take any of Jack's foes.

He couldn't cut through any of the robots, even "Standard" ones. They're just to hard.

Maybe Sanosuke could do it with the Rock Crusher, but Kenshin can't.

Violent2Dope
Chickenlover, I hope you are not implying that Kenshin can also take Aku?

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by superkronick92
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETniXPrhwMc&mode=related&search=

Considering both ARE cartoons.. this is irrelevant. Jack is simply better then Kenshin.

Accel
Originally posted by chickenlover98
kenshin. jack is nothing. he cant even move that fast. kenshin could speedblitz. he can move faster than normal humans. he can move so fast they wont know what hit em we have never seen jack move that fast. we dont even know if he could react
Jack's speedblitzed about 5-7 guys at the same time without getting up from his seat. He's deflected each and every single bullet from an entire round of machine gunfire with one hand without moving from his spot.

He's easily fast enough to deal with Kenshin.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
200 swordsmen?

Jack alone destroyed an army of at leats a thousand bug robots..

Why don't you actually read my full post? For crying out loud, I already said that Jack would win. All I was saying was that you guys were underrating Kenshin for claiming that he couldn't even take on Jack's weaker foes, which is absolute BS.

ensatsu-ken
No, Kenshin couldn't take any of Jack's foes.

He couldn't cut through any of the robots, even "Standard" ones. They're just to hard.

Maybe Sanosuke could do it with the Rock Crusher, but Kenshin can't.

Are you kidding me? First of all, Jack has fought flesh enemies before, and not just robots. Second of all, Kenshin's sword can cut through almost anything if you propersly read my post, even hard/strong metals. Read chapter 4 of the manga to refresh your memmory on that. You honestly are underrating Kenshin. Kenshin is also FAR faster than the robots that Jack faced, so he could at least take on a few of them, and if you are denying that, then you are 100% biased against Kenshin.

I mean, I know that Jack would win, but not ALL of his enemies are exactly as strong as he is.

Symmetric Chaos
Jack. Easily.

Blax_Hydralisk
I did, foo'

I know.. and I agree so I didn't bother replying to it.

I said nothing of the sort erm

King Kandy
Originally posted by ensatsu-ken
Are you kidding me? First of all, Jack has fought flesh enemies before, and not just robots. Second of all, Kenshin's sword can cut through almost anything if you propersly read my post, even hard/strong metals. Read chapter 4 of the manga to refresh your memmory on that. You honestly are underrating Kenshin. Kenshin is also FAR faster than the robots that Jack faced, so he could at least take on a few of them, and if you are denying that, then you are 100% biased against Kenshin.

I mean, I know that Jack would win, but not ALL of his enemies are exactly as strong as he is.
Um do you think that Kenshin could cut through a big block of steel? That would be slightly ridiculous....

How about the fricken' EYE OF CHRONOS?

These robots, are made of steal through and through... Kenshin's sword can't even cut a bullet

Who would you say is Jack's weakest foe?

ensatsu-ken
Um do you think that Kenshin could cut through a big block of steel? That would be slightly ridiculous....

How about the fricken' EYE OF CHRONOS?

These robots, are made of steal through and through... Kenshin's sword can't even cut a bullet

Who would you say is Jack's weakest foe?

WOW, are you biased against Rurouni Kenshin as a whole series or something. It sure seems that way.

Kenshin can't cut through a bullet? Ha, that is pure BS. I already said that he cut through a cannon ball that was shot directly at him, so what makes you think that his sword isn't strong enough to cut through a bullet?

I didn't F*ing say that he could beat any of Jack's stronger enemies. For crying out loud, do you actually read what I'm writing, or just read one sentence and assume the rest?

Kenshin has cut through steel before (he has cut through swords made of steel, he has cut through a metal lamp post; and it was quite thick to cut through). Also, if you have ever seen Kenshin's fight with the puppet master's 3rd Iwanbo model, you would know that there is more than just one way to take down a machine, and you don't necessarily need to cut through it.

Bascially, all I am saying that Kenshin is at least strong enough to take down Jack's weaker foes (and apparantly it seems that I am the only one who has seen both series, with the way that your underrating Kenshin). You are just being one of those people who needs to be 100% right about everything all of the time, and you can't even admit when you're wrong about 1 aspect of something. You are just being too stubborn and thickheaded. You might as well say something like: "OMGz, Samurai Jackz is teh 1337, and Kshins got notinz on HIMMMM, cuzz hes teh WeAk!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Honestly, I'm not trying to offend you here, but you don't seem to be reading my posts, and it appears to me that you are just arguing with me because you don't want to be wrong about anything. I mean, you seem to have completely ingored my reminder that Jack has fought flesh enemies before, that were much weaker than him, because you know that Kenshin could take them on, but you don't seem to want to admit that Kenshin is far stronger than any normal human, even if he's nowhere near Jack's level.

This is one thing I hate about vs. threads: you will always have someone with a completely biased opinion; most usually because they favor one show over another. I like RK a lot more than SJ as a series, but at least I don't exaggerate any facts, and judge them properly, based on an adequate knowledge of SJ, and a very extensive knowledge of RK. I have seen the robots, and Jack's weaker enemies, and Kenshin could definitely defeat his weaker enemies. Saying otherwise only shows your that your opinion is biased.

chickenlover98
EDIT

Blax_Hydralisk
Yo mommas biased.

superkronick92
I agree with ensastu to a point, Kenshin could take some of Jack's weaker HUMAN enemies, I just don't see him killing any robots

chickenlover98
robots would be easy, they moved so very slowly. kenshin has ultra reflexes. he could take half that robot army, which is basically what jack took considering he had traps and catapults and the like

superkronick92
Dude, can Kenshin block every bullet from 5 machine guns, all aimed at him?

Blax_Hydralisk
No. At least, if he can it's never been shown.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by chickenlover98
robots would be easy, they moved so very slowly. kenshin has ultra reflexes. he could take half that robot army, which is basically what jack took considering he had traps and catapults and the like

Now, I am a huge fan of Rurouni Kenshin, and while I agree with you to a point about Kenshin being underrated by everyone here, he cannot take on Jack (and I have actually read the manga for RK, in which the characters have done far more impressive things than what they have done in the anime alone). Kenshin could take down a few robots, because his fight with the puppet master shows that he can do such things. However, he could not take down as many as Jack did, even if he had the traps.

He is fast, but it won't mean anything against Jack, who has fought and beat extrmely fast enemies before, and has taken down creatues that Kenshin could never hope to take down (I am also counting Kenshin as a Hitokiri, in which he was much more skilled than when he later became a Rurouni). Kenshin could easily take on SOME of Jack's weaker enemies, but none of the stronger ones. And he cannot take on Jack himself either (I have seen both series, so I know).

Also, the fact that I both like Kenshin better as a character, and Rurouni Kenshin better as a series, pretty much shows that I am being completely unbiased in my opinion.

chickenlover98
well to a certain extent he could take jack IMO. he aint got shit on a magical sword, but if he did it would be more even. the reason he cant cut through robots again is cause of the sword. i think that he could take aku if he had the magic sword. but thats just my opinion. i dont wanna fight a one sided thread. so in that i guess i will just stop arguin for this one. sad

King Kandy
WOW, are you biased against Rurouni Kenshin as a whole series or something. It sure seems that way.

Kenshin can't cut through a bullet? Ha, that is pure BS. I already said that he cut through a cannon ball that was shot directly at him, so what makes you think that his sword isn't strong enough to cut through a bullet?

I didn't F*ing say that he could beat any of Jack's stronger enemies. For crying out loud, do you actually read what I'm writing, or just read one sentence and assume the rest?

Kenshin has cut through steel before (he has cut through swords made of steel, he has cut through a metal lamp post; and it was quite thick to cut through). Also, if you have ever seen Kenshin's fight with the puppet master's 3rd Iwanbo model, you would know that there is more than just one way to take down a machine, and you don't necessarily need to cut through it.

Bascially, all I am saying that Kenshin is at least strong enough to take down Jack's weaker foes (and apparantly it seems that I am the only one who has seen both series, with the way that your underrating Kenshin). You are just being one of those people who needs to be 100% right about everything all of the time, and you can't even admit when you're wrong about 1 aspect of something. You are just being too stubborn and thickheaded. You might as well say something like: "OMGz, Samurai Jackz is teh 1337, and Kshins got notinz on HIMMMM, cuzz hes teh WeAk!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Honestly, I'm not trying to offend you here, but you don't seem to be reading my posts, and it appears to me that you are just arguing with me because you don't want to be wrong about anything. I mean, you seem to have completely ingored my reminder that Jack has fought flesh enemies before, that were much weaker than him, because you know that Kenshin could take them on, but you don't seem to want to admit that Kenshin is far stronger than any normal human, even if he's nowhere near Jack's level.

This is one thing I hate about vs. threads: you will always have someone with a completely biased opinion; most usually because they favor one show over another. I like RK a lot more than SJ as a series, but at least I don't exaggerate any facts, and judge them properly, based on an adequate knowledge of SJ, and a very extensive knowledge of RK. I have seen the robots, and Jack's weaker enemies, and Kenshin could definitely defeat his weaker enemies. Saying otherwise only shows your that your opinion is biased.
I suppose you are right in the sense that Kenshin could take some of those bar room enemies Jack faces (Though even that is in doubt considering how they usualy have machine guns and stuff.)

But I don't think he could take the robots (Since they are much more advanced then Iwanbo.) Though I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of enemies that had episodes devoted to him.

BTW, Jack's flesh and blood enemies tend to be even stronger then his robotic ones. And I was basing the not cutting a bullet on the fact that the bullet that he blocked with his sword didn't break.

ensatsu-ken
I suppose you are right in the sense that Kenshin could take some of those bar room enemies Jack faces (Though even that is in doubt considering how they usualy have machine guns and stuff.)

But I don't think he could take the robots (Since they are much more advanced then Iwanbo.) Though I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of enemies that had episodes devoted to him.

BTW, Jack's flesh and blood enemies tend to be even stronger then his robotic ones. And I was basing the not cutting a bullet on the fact that the bullet that he blocked with his sword didn't break.

Well, I recall Jack having some weak flesh and blood enemies in that episode where all of thost bounty hunters started coming after him at once. Kenshin cannot block bullets, but he has been shown to have the speed to dodge them, and he is fast enough to attack someone before they can even draw their weapon in the first place.

I'm not talking about those more advanced robots that I have seen Jack fighting. He has fought some simpler machines, and I was referring to those, because they don't seem to be all that smart (just like typical AI), and Kenshin was able to cut down a tall metal lamp post before, if you remember during that time when they were rescuing Megumi, and he might not be able to take down a robot in one slash, but he could take one to a few of them down, by delivering multiple slashes to each one.

I agree with you that Jack would win, and so would his superior, as well as normal, enemies, but I think that Kenshin could take on a few of his weaker enemies, which include the weaker models of the robots that Jack has faced.

King Kandy
Okay, but you realize those robots are like putties from Power Rangers... They're meant to be cannon fodder. There's nothing impressive about beating them.

Blax_Hydralisk
Except that they're made out of like steel, futuristic steel no less.

not too mention that destroying a thousand putties is a better feat then destroying one very powerful man.

ensatsu-ken
Okay, but you realize those robots are like putties from Power Rangers... They're meant to be cannon fodder. There's nothing impressive about beating them.

I never said it was impressive to destroy them (at least not for someone from the Samurai Jack Universe), however it would be very impressive for a human from another series to take them out, and it would be impressive for someone like Kenshin to do. Anyways, my main point is that Kenshin "can" take out some of Jack's "weaker" foes.

BTW, I was just wondering, you speak so lowly of Kenshin when comparing him to Jack. Do you have something against Kenshin as a character, or are you only calling him weak in comparison to Jack?

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Except that they're made out of like steel, futuristic steel no less.

not too mention that destroying a thousand putties is a better feat then destroying one very powerful man.

So....according to you, it would be more impressive of a feat to destroy a thousand mindless putties, as opposed to destroying an extremely powerful being, such as Goku from DBZ, or Superman from his series stick out tongue ?

Blax_Hydralisk
Everything has a limit stick out tongue

However yes, it could be. Depends. Both feats have there differences.

Hidden Lotus
kenshin ftw woot

King Kandy
I never said it was impressive to destroy them (at least not for someone from the Samurai Jack Universe), however it would be very impressive for a human from another series to take them out, and it would be impressive for someone like Kenshin to do. Anyways, my main point is that Kenshin "can" take out some of Jack's "weaker" foes.

BTW, I was just wondering, you speak so lowly of Kenshin when comparing him to Jack. Do you have something against Kenshin as a character, or are you only calling him weak in comparison to Jack?
Nonsense, I love Kenshin (I have every volume)

I just think it's ridiculous to even put him in the same category as Jack.

Violent2Dope
Jak pwns gods!

King Kandy
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Jak pwns gods!
Exactly.

ensatsu-ken
Nonsense, I love Kenshin (I have every volume)

I just think it's ridiculous to even put him in the same category as Jack.

So do I, in terms of strength, but I also think that its rediculous to say that he's so weak in comparison, that he cannot even take out "some" of Jack's much weaker foes.

King Kandy
Well I didn't remember the whole cutting the lamp post thing when I said that. So he probably can beat some of the robots... Not very many but some.

Warmonger
He can take down several of JAck's weaker enemies. A couple of robots and such he is pretty fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.