Heartbreaks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
yea. practically everybody has em. whats it like for u. do u get over em/ if so how and how longdoes it take?

Rogue Jedi
I had one when I was 20, it took a year or two to get over. and one more recent.

Darkstorm Zero
No... Havn't been bothered really... to go through that crap.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
No... Havn't been bothered really... to go through that crap. It's hard to deal with. no real formula for success.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It's hard to deal with. no real formula for success.

I wouldn't think there would be... I've seen friends and family destroy themselves over love lost...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I wouldn't think there would be... I've seen friends and family destroy themselves over love lost... I focus on my routine. get up, go to work, breathe, sleep....

Grinning Goku

Man, I find it's best to have a hobby or hobbies to drown your sorrows in and take your mind off shit like that. That or beer, vodka or strip clubs or some wicked combination of the three.

inimalist

I seem to have lots of success with drugs...

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by inimalist
I seem to have lots of success with drugs...

Pffft! I picked that from reading your past posts quite some time ago.

inimalist
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Pffft! I picked that from reading your past posts quite some time ago.

good? confused

leonheartmm
what if none of those things help/are unavailable and suicide isnt an option either?

SelphieT
I typically think about how much I hate myself, and how much I don't blame them for leaving. So, I self loathe, for a couple days, then pretend, or try to pretend everything is peachy keen. Shouldn't take longer than a month, if that.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Man, I find it's best to have a hobby or hobbies to drown your sorrows in and take your mind off shit like that. That or beer, vodka or strip clubs or some wicked combination of the three. Hobbies, drugs and other people is a good way to forget. But is forgetting really the solution?

debbiejo
It's a gradual process. It's also one of putting yourself in the other persons shoes to see what they are going through also....In the end, people can become good friends with understanding, since we are all people with the same feelings and experiences to some point....better to keep all things friendly if possible and both are open to it.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by SelphieT
I typically think about how much I hate myself, and how much I don't blame them for leaving. So, I self loathe, for a couple days, then pretend, or try to pretend everything is peachy keen. Shouldn't take longer than a month, if that.

try 2 and a half years. {or 6-7 years for a previous one}

SelphieT
Originally posted by leonheartmm

Oh geez, I try not to stay heartbroken for longer than a month. That sucks dude.

No matter how many times people tell you, "There's so many fish in the sea" or whatever the f*ck they say, it doesn't make it any better. It might at first, but it still blows Scythe balls.

I always use the line, "If it didn't work out, it wasn't meant to be" for others, but I never use it for myself, because I guess somedays, I just like feeling like shit.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's a gradual process. It's also one of putting yourself in the other persons shoes to see what they are going through also....In the end, people can become good friends with understanding, since we are all people with the same feelings and experiences to some point....better to keep all things friendly if possible and both are open to it.

what if she totally hates you{not hate-hate. just anger/on the surface justified hate due to misunderstanding} n you decidedly DONT wanna forget her?{n still no suicide}

leonheartmm
{n dont forget im 19!}

DARKLORDCAEDUS
yea. practically everybody has em. whats it like for u. do u get over em/ if so how and how longdoes it take?

Heartbreaks for each individual are different. After I broke up with my girl, it was hard for me but I moved on and found someone else.

inimalist

{n dont forget im 19!}

If both of these things are true, it would mean that almost half of your total life, and all of mature life, has been spent in a feeling of self loathing.

It may serve you better to explore why you hate yourself rather than why others hate you.

debbiejo
what if she totally hates you{not hate-hate. just anger/on the surface justified hate due to misunderstanding} n you decidedly DONT wanna forget her?{n still no suicide} Just let it ride........You'll see...time and circumstances changes many things..........be patient.. smile

InnerRise
yea. practically everybody has em. whats it like for u. do u get over em/ if so how and how longdoes it take? My hearts never been broken.

If it was to get broken, I would deal best I could and put on a good face in public, not making it obvious, especially to the one who caused it.

I can see myself in a situation where I'm either mad or not mad at the one who did it.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

leonheartmm
If both of these things are true, it would mean that almost half of your total life, and all of mature life, has been spent in a feeling of self loathing.

It may serve you better to explore why you hate yourself rather than why others hate you.

thoughtful, but not really. i mean there was self loathing when i was younger and immature{loong tim since then}. not anymore. i dont hate myself, the problem is missing/not being able to be with the other person. others dont really hate me at all. its just specifically one person who got the wrong impression for one mistaken reason or another. im generally a very likeable guy albeit eccentric.

inimalist
thoughtful, but not really. i mean there was self loathing when i was younger and immature{loong tim since then}. not anymore. i dont hate myself, the problem is missing/not being able to be with the other person. others dont really hate me at all. its just specifically one person who got the wrong impression for one mistaken reason or another. im generally a very likeable guy albeit eccentric.

haha, thats good then smile

Rogue Jedi
to me, there are different stages of a breakup.

1.shock
2. realization
3. self pity
4. hatred
5. contentment

leonheartmm
haha, thats good then smile

not really. sad . not at all. atleast self pitying emo ishness gives u sumthing to fall back on, "self pity"

inimalist
not really. sad . not at all. atleast self pitying emo ishness gives u sumthing to fall back on, "self pity"

hardly

self pity is so damaging, if for no other reason than it destroys ones motivation to better their own situation. When you feel like you are worthless you will begin to act that way.

If you can keep the targets and causes of your emotions straight, you are way better off. While it might be miserable to have to live with the idea that someone doesn't like you for no real reason, at least you aren't tearing yourself apart because "there must be something wrong with you to make them not want to be with you".

Honestly, harder to cope with, way more mentally healthy

Victor Von Doom
I can imagine you explaining romance in terms of brain chemistry over a candlelit meal.

inimalist
oh man

theories of similarity in attraction and the perception of ones partner in a romantic relationship make women wet

nothing puts them in the mood like computer models of attractedness

AngryManatee
I'm usually hearbroken until the next girl comes along. Then I feel better.

oh man

theories of similarity in attraction and the perception of ones partner in a romantic relationship make women wet

nothing puts them in the mood like computer models of attractedness

lol

leonheartmm
hardly

self pity is so damaging, if for no other reason than it destroys ones motivation to better their own situation. When you feel like you are worthless you will begin to act that way.

If you can keep the targets and causes of your emotions straight, you are way better off. While it might be miserable to have to live with the idea that someone doesn't like you for no real reason, at least you aren't tearing yourself apart because "there must be something wrong with you to make them not want to be with you".

Honestly, harder to cope with, way more mentally healthy

generally, yes thats a good take. but im finding the opposite to be true for some situation{like now}.

~Forever*Alone~
The man i loved died, and now i cant go on...

will i see him again if i die?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
The man i loved died, and now i cant go on...

will i see him again if i die?

Perhaps you should kill yourself, and find out. " can't go on" after all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

~Forever*Alone~
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Perhaps you should kill yourself, and find out. " can't go on" after all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

i think i will....

i tried to think of all the things i hated about him, but i couldnt think of any...

ADarksideJedi
Yea they suck big time.It takes a while to get over it.But when you do it feels like you have your life back again1jm

leonheartmm
i think i will....

i tried to think of all the things i hated about him, but i couldnt think of any...

a very wise friend of mine said "people who arent good at finding their way in this world would be likely, just as bad at finding their way in the next one", looks like ur lost. i think u need to get urself together and give up this suicide thing, lest u wanna end up some mean ghost in this world, unable to pass to where your lover is n not being able to live in this one either. smile . death comes when it comes, n then ull be able to meet whoever. no use trying now.

~Forever*Alone~
a very wise friend of mine said "people who arent good at finding their way in this world would be likely, just as bad at finding their way in the next one", looks like ur lost. i think u need to get urself together and give up this suicide thing, lest u wanna end up some mean ghost in this world, unable to pass to where your lover is n not being able to live in this one either. smile . death comes when it comes, n then ull be able to meet whoever. no use trying now.

thank you for pretending to care.

sometimes i have bad days and then i have really bad days, so these really bad days have passed, for now...

i think someone is actually trying to help me, but i cant tell...

leonheartmm
thank you for pretending to care.

sometimes i have bad days and then i have really bad days, so these really bad days have passed, for now...

i think someone is actually trying to help me, but i cant tell...

what makes you think im pretending?

theres another wise saying "this too shall pass". ul get through it. suicide isnt a solution just so u know. u shud be around family or friends who care for you. and before anything "help yourself".

Adam_PoE
http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-LiveJournal.gif

Naz
I haven't had any real "heartbreaks" persay, just numerous sudden realizations that in the grand scheme of things I really don't matter; that I will die, and then the people who knew me will die, and I will forever be forgotten. Then I get all depressed and I go out in the public-property-woods place and I find a tree and I take a nap in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.