What Universe do you like and read?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grifter07
What's your favourite Universe?

I can't decide really. D.C is a meh. (The Universe) Marvel is damn cool with the Reg Act. Image is O.K. I guess, but it's the characters of Invincible Spawn, Spawn, Shadowhawk, Dragon and one or two others that really interest me. Um..Vertigo was interesting, Malibu to. An old Universe called Valiant was good, but because it had a nice feel about it.

What's our favourite UNIVERSE?

Endless Mike
I'm just getting into Valiant

Grifter07
They were good. Allot of people have problems with certain times but overall they were good.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Grifter07

I can't decide really. D.C is a meh. (The Universe) Marvel is damn cool with the Reg Act. Image is O.K. I guess, but it's the characters of Invincible Spawn, Spawn, Shadowhawk, Dragon and one or two others that really interest me. Um..Vertigo was interesting, Malibu to. An old Universe called Valiant was good, but because it had a nice feel about it.

Valiant and Defiant were great. I like D.C. and Wildstorm more than Marvel. Marvel is to pessamistic for me. That said I buy a lot of Marvel comics.

willRules
DC is cool cos its just so off the wall and abstract, although I'm starting to dislike it more and more as the story lines seem to be getting worse and worse (With the exception of Green Lantern and the Batman titles).

I was a Marvel fan for a long time and up until recently, I have been exploring the DCU a lot more. However since Civil War which I loved and the initiative which is great, I have been sucked back into Marvel. Like the story or not, Civil War lived up to it's hype, the MU is a drastically different and much more unpredictable place. Plus Marvel just generally has more great titles out there at the moment. Anything with Avengers in the name is good. Anything Brubaker is writing is excellent (Cap and Daredevil are excellent.) Spidey is changing drastically. The X-men have a promising upcoming storyline and the FF have Millar coming onto the title in the new year. Thunderbolts is fantastic.

Aside from Green Lantern and Batman, the only thing I really loved at DC was it's emerald archer. Now he's bitten the dust, I guess it's time to going back and hoping Hawkeye will become an archer again sad

Man, what's my obsession with comic archers? confused

Rufus T Firefly
marvel hasn't gotten really lame and is just one giant soap opera reality show...DC, on the other hand, is actually somewhat interesting at the moment...

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
marvel hasn't gotten really lame and is just one giant soap opera reality show... Ya, I don't think it's gotten lame either...

Rufus T Firefly
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Ya, I don't think it's gotten lame either...

well that's the thing. it really isn't lame. because something is always happening...I never said it was a good thing ermm

Black Adam
I've been reading less and less main DC and Marvel universe lately. Most of the books I do read come from Oni press, Dark horse, Image and some Vertigo.

They're not actually in a set universe like Marvel or DC though. With the exception of Invincible(which I think is in the same universe as savage dragon, Bomb queen, Shadowhawk etc) most of them take place in their own worlds..

Grifter07
Image is a mess. I explained a while ago how one minute they are all together but the history messes up with each up.

The writers have stated theres no need to change it because the fans have fits and its funny. Or something like that. laughing out loud

Black Adam
Image is a mess. I explained a while ago how one minute they are all together but the history messes up with each up.

The writers have stated theres no need to change it because the fans have fits and its funny. Or something like that. laughing out loud
There are lots of titles that are set in their own worlds. Elephantmen, Fear agent just to name a few. Personally I prefer it that way.

Though the ones that do share universes need to get their act straight. where the hell does Spawn fit in now anyway?

Grifter07
Spawn etc are the ones I mean. Didn't Spawn blow up the world, but then so did Dragons enemy, but they accept their past and count each others meetings as canon.

guy222

I read Marvel and DC

Darth Vicious
85% of the comics I read are Marvel with about 10% DC and the last 5% everything else. I always thought that Marvel had the coolest artists and pretty decent writers. DC changed a bit and now is getting better artists even if some of the really good ones perfected their trades at Marvel. The only DC titles I read are JLA and Green Lantern, mostly because of the Sinestro Wars.

tjcoady
In order of how much I've paid over twenty years of reading comics:

Marvel
Vertigo
Wildstorm
DC Mainstream

that's not to say that I haven't adored INVINCIBLE or some of the Wildstorm titles... but those are the ones I'm attached to from the beginning.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by willRules
DC is cool cos its just so off the wall and abstract, although I'm starting to dislike it more and more as the story lines seem to be getting worse and worse (With the exception of Green Lantern and the Batman titles).

I was a Marvel fan for a long time and up until recently, I have been exploring the DCU a lot more. However since Civil War which I loved and the initiative which is great, I have been sucked back into Marvel. Like the story or not, Civil War lived up to it's hype, the MU is a drastically different and much more unpredictable place. Plus Marvel just generally has more great titles out there at the moment. Anything with Avengers in the name is good. Anything Brubaker is writing is excellent (Cap and Daredevil are excellent.) Spidey is changing drastically. The X-men have a promising upcoming storyline and the FF have Millar coming onto the title in the new year. Thunderbolts is fantastic.

Aside from Green Lantern and Batman, the only thing I really loved at DC was it's emerald archer. Now he's bitten the dust, I guess it's time to going back and hoping Hawkeye will become an archer again sad

jawdrop OLLIE'S DEAD?!

willRules
no............................

shifty

How did ya crack my code???? big grin

Galan007
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I'm just getting into Valiant Good man. thumb up

Dark Horse is good as well, but my top nod goes to DC--- The stories are just better to me in general.

WrathfulDwarf
In the 80's Marvel and DC.

In the 90's Marvel and DC.

In the mid-90's Dark Horse, Image, and DC.

Nowadays...just DCU.

Alfheim

Didnt Ollie die in a similar manner to Cap? I mean c'mon man WTF.. Then people wonder why people dont take DC seriously.

Utrigita
Reading Marvel and very little DC Black Horse to and Arboris of cause big grin

willRules
Originally posted by Alfheim
Didnt Ollie die in a similar manner to Cap? I mean c'mon man WTF.. Then people wonder why people dont take DC seriously.

I mean I'm sure every married comic nerd made a joke about their wives killing them when the issue came out, but on their honeymoon? That's just silly sad

Rest In Plaice Oliver Queen

rip

Validus
WTF?

Big Sexy
Didnt Ollie die in a similar manner to Cap? I mean c'mon man WTF.. Then people wonder why people dont take DC seriously. Yeah cap was shot in city hall and ollie was stabbed while making love.

Yep pretty much the same. stick out tongue

willRules
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Yeah cap was shot in city hall and ollie was stabbed while making love.

Yep pretty much the same. stick out tongue

Cap died fighting for the freedom of his country, Ollie died, because of an angry wife.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn."

SnazzySmurph
Cap died fighting for the freedom of his country, Ollie died, because of an angry wife.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn." I thought it was a woman scorned.

willRules
That's what they want you to think shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.