Respect Metal Sonic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Metal_Sonic_Heros_3.PNG

The first appearance of Metal sonic was in Sonic the Hedgehog CD. He is considered the successor of the robot known as Silver Sonic or Mecha Sonic, who originally made an appearance in both Sonic the Hedgehog 2 games (see below). In this game, he is created and controlled by Eggman and is sent back in time to change the past so that Eggman can rule the future. Later, he kidnaps Amy Rose, who had been following Sonic. In Act III of the Stardust Speedway Zone, Eggman forces Sonic to race Metal Sonic in order to save the girl.

Metal Sonic's second major appearance was in Knuckles' Chaotix, where he attempts to absorb the Chaos Rings' powers to wreak havoc in Newtrogic High Zone. However, he was defeated by the Chaotix before he could. This occasion also featured a massive, red Sonic-like robot that is speculated to be Metal Sonic, but lacks a transformation sequence to directly indicate as such.

Metal Sonic was the second to last boss in Sonic Triple Trouble, and had a "true" fight instead of the race previously held in Sonic CD. Metal Sonic also had appearances in Sonic Drift 2 and Sonic R as a racer. In the former, he raced in his "Blue Devil" vehicle, and the latter had him using his engines. In Sonic the Fighters, he was the second to last boss where he used the moves of all previously encountered characters within the game, in addition to his own. If Sonic is the character and has not lost a single round up to this point, Super Sonic can be secretly unlocked during his fight. Metal Sonic was also going to appear in Sonic X-Treme.

Metal Sonic then had two cameos in Sonic Adventure. One was in Amy Rose's flashback to the events in Sonic CD, and the other one inside a tube in one of Dr. Eggman's hideouts, opposite of another Sonic robot.

His next appearance was as an unlockable multiplayer character in Sonic Adventure 2, and subsequently a standard multiplayer character in the GameCube remake, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. He can project a black shield to protect himself from the attacks of other characters, but has no special attacks of his own. An Action Replay code allows the player to use him in single player stages and Chao Gardens. After that, he had a cameo as an opponent in Sonic Pinball Party's Story Mode. He then appeared as a reward for getting all of the Emblems in the GameCube and PC remake of Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut. The player could then play time trials as Metal Sonic in Sonic's stages. Metal Sonic essentially acted as an alternate skin for Sonic. In the trial mode menu screen, he fills the slot that is used by Super Sonic in "Adventure" mode.

His official return to the games was as the main antagonist in Sonic Heroes, where he transformed himself into Neo Metal Sonic. Neo Metal Sonic has elf-like shoes, shoulder blades, gauntlets, body armor, a large spike at the top of his back jet, a cape (which actually protrudes out of the back of his waist, hence, a side-skirt), longer spines on his head, a spiky belt, and white stripes similar to Shadow's design. A common misconception is that Metal Sonic gained his upgrade and shape shifting abilities via the data of Chaos. This could however be incorrect, as Metal had shape shifted into Sonic in order to steal Froggy and Chocola, which had the data of Chaos.

Past failures have made Metal Sonic more ambitious; After turning against Doctor Eggman and assuming his guise, he copies the physical data (and/or abilities) of teams Sonic, Rose, Dark, and Chaotix along with Chaos, and transforms into his ultimate form, Metal Madness, and finally Metal Overlord. After he is defeated by Team Sonic in his Metal Overlord form, he reverts to his original form. A powerless Metal Sonic questions why he cannot beat Sonic, and Sonic then tells Metal Sonic that he'll accept any future rematch and races away. Metal Sonic shuts down and is picked up off the ground by Omega, who exchanges a glance with Shadow.

Recent data from Sonic Team of Japan's official website Sonic Channel reveals that after Sonic Heroes, Metal Sonic was reset by Eggman, and returned to his role as a mindless servant.

In Sonic Riders, E-10000R is said to be made using the same engine type that Metal Sonic was built with.

In Sonic Rivals, Metal Sonic is the 5th playable character. He appears working with Eggman Nega, trying to stop Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, and Silver from foiling Eggman Nega's plans. It is unknown why Metal Sonic is working with Eggman Nega. Metal Sonic (in various forms) also appears on 7 of the 150 collectible cards in the game.

Metal Sonic is confirmed to appear in the upcoming Sonic Rivals 2.

According to official polls, Metal Sonic is the most popular villain in the series, and the second most wanted character for future appearances, beaten only by Shadow the Hedgehog.

Abilities
Metal Sonic's engine enables him to hover slightly above the ground while moving at higher speeds. As a duplicate of Sonic, Metal Sonic can match or even exceed Sonic's speed. He generally has better acceleration compared to other characters, but this is countered by his poor braking ability. Although he possesses many of Sonic's abilities including the homing attack, he is capable of higher and longer jumps than his rival, as well as incredible physical strength and endurance.

Metal Sonic's offensive capabilities include being able to shield himself from attacks in the form of lightning, or a "Black Shield". He is also able to encase himself in a fireball and accelerate in a move similar to Super Sonic's powered dashes. As seen in Sonic the Fighters, Metal Sonic can fire a laser beam out of his torso intake, and fights using his sharp fingers in a stabbing motion. An addition to Metal Sonic's abilities is the technique to copy genetic data from others. First used in Sonic the Fighters, this usually results in him being able to use the abilities of the copied target. He is also shown to be able to shape shift into forms resembling others in a similar fashion to the T-1000 from the 1991 film Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Whether his ability to shape shift was a one time deal remains to be seen. In Sonic Rivals he displays Chaos Control for the second time (the first being in Sonic Heroes), and can also use Knuckles' strength and Silver's psychokinesis powers due to copying the other characters in the game (whether he retained these abilities and can use them in any future games is unknown).

Metal Sonic's copying ability has differed between games. In Sonic the Fighters, his move set was assembled from some of the other fighters in the game, but with a higher level of strength. He showed his real talents in Sonic Heroes where he could perfectly copy data and abilities and also morph into other forms. In Sonic Rivals, Metal Sonic could copy the signature move of the character he's facing (Sonic Boom, Chaos Control etc.) and some of his rival's attributes (strength/speed) were carried on to him.

Metal Sonic has a greater speech range compared to other robots built by Eggman, most of whom are mute or speak in monotone. His voice in Heroes was created by having the respective voice actors (English and Japanese) for Sonic record Metal's dialogue in a gruff tone and then applying further digital effects to these recordings. In most games released before Sonic Heroes however, Metal Sonic's voice is simply electronic noises.

In Neo form, in Sonic Heroes, he demonstrated that he is able to shoot super powerful beams of lightning from his hand, as he shoots one up and it comes back down, destroying the entire tower of the Final Fortress.

In Metal Overlord/Metal Madness form he is able to shoot crystal beams from his torso, fire capture type missiles from his hands, explosion type missiles from his back, and shoot a large continuous stream of fire from his other hand. He also has the endurance or shielding to withstand any attack available in the game which is made against him by Team Super, except for a Team Blast. He also demonstrates enough physical strength to lift and throw an Egg Fleet battleship with one hand.

Videos
Sonic CD
YgX0RVWptfw

Metal Madness/Metal Overlord
AGdyT3zNf24

Neo Darkhalen
Why did I not find this sooner?

Sonic x 20
Metal Sonic has my respect: cool cool

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2175/metalsonicissuperawesomho4.jpg

Neo Darkhalen
Who does not hold respect for this guy, he gets his own Story in Sonic Rivals 2, He is with Shadow.

Sonic x 20
Yeah man and besides, Metal Sonic is the best robotic counterpart of Sonic.

Neo Darkhalen
Indeed.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Sonic x 20
Metal Sonic is the best robotic counterpart of Sonic.

Isn't he the only robotic counterpart of Sonic?

Neo Darkhalen
Nope their are about, 8.

Yoshi Paradise
8?

Are there any pictures of them?

Neo Darkhalen
Loads, Silver Sonic was the first.

Yoshi Paradise
Do you mind posting some pictures of them?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Isn't he the only robotic counterpart of Sonic?

We got Silver Sonic (Sonic 2), Mecha Sonic (Sonic & Knuckles), Metal Sonic (Sonic CD), Mecha Sonic Model No.29 (Sonic Fighters), Super Metal Sonic (Metal Sonic's transformed state in Sonic CD), Neo Metal Sonic (Sonic Heroes), Metal Madness (Neo Metal Sonic's transformed state in Sonic Heroes), and Metal Overlord (Neo Metal Sonic's full transformed state in Sonic Heroes).

So overall there's Silver, Mecha, Metal, and no.29 so four different robot Sonics.

Diamond Kisses
I remember a racing game when I was little. Metal Sonic was my favorite big grin I do not remember what the game was called though sad

Yoshi Paradise
Sonic R. wink

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
I remember a racing game when I was little. Metal Sonic was my favorite big grin I do not remember what the game was called though sad

Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Sonic R. wink

Not the most difficult (or creative) name to remember. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Neo Darkhalen
I liked Sonic R, it had great music, but you forget the knuckles chaotix, sonic Adventure Sonic copies.

espiemerl
Metal Sonic cool is almost as powerful a fighter as Sonic himself.

Neo Darkhalen
He was stronger, ever played Sonic the Fighters that guy was a GOD.

Your G.O.D
If metal sonic 1st appeared in the sega cd game, then what sonic was the one you had to face in, I think, sonic 2 or maybe 3. I never beat that game cuz of him. i still think he's cool though. Sonic is cool and makin him metal was even better.

Neo Darkhalen
Silver Sonic

(Sonic The Hedgehog 2)

Your G.O.D
Is that what he was...O.

Silver Sonic VS Metal Sonic!

Wouldn't that be a great thread?

Neo Darkhalen
Not really, Super Mecha Sonic is so much stronger.

Your G.O.D
Too late, I already made the thread...

Neo Darkhalen
1 you made it in the Respect thread, instead of the Vs. thread, and 2 do you have any pics and information on them, oh and 3 it is one sided.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Your G.O.D
Too late, I already made the thread...

Silver Sonic was Robotnik's first Sonic robot and really lacked the speed and mobility to even put up a challenge against Metal Sonic.

Neo Darkhalen
Very true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.