hall of famers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
who would/should be inducted into a comic book hall of fame.
creators,artists,writers,etc.

a few to start off

stan lee
jack kirby
steve ditko
frank miller
alan moore
bob kane
siegal/schuster

Soljer
HUC!

durhulk

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
HUC!

durhulk

u ddnt evn rd teh thred didd yoo?

Rorschach
Neil Gaiman

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
u ddnt evn rd teh thred didd yoo?

Huc > Stan Lee. no expression

Rorschach
Originally posted by Soljer
Huc > Stan Lee. no expression

Stan Lee claims he is Huc!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxF9CAZ15hI

Grifter07
Jack Kirby is so overrated.

Rufus T Firefly
so is A.lan J.ackson

Grifter07
What does Alan Jackson write?

Rufus T Firefly
Originally posted by Mr Majestic
What does Alan Jackson write?

subtle referance, that you wouldn't get...

jumpmann
First list is pretty solid. Neil Gaiman definitely should belong up there. It's definitely a good write now list.

Potential future hall of famers.

Grant Morrison
Bendis
Brubaker
Mark Millar
Geoff Johns
Mark Waid

laughing

TricksterPriest

headshotkmc

Zebedee
Eisner
Lee and Kiby
Siegel and Schuster
Bob Kane and Bill Finger

Modern

Alan Moore

No others yet

Creshosk
Chris Claremont. Yeah, say what you want about how he is now, but in his prime he wrote some great stories.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Creshosk
Chris Claremont. Yeah, say what you want about how he is now, but in his prime he wrote some great stories.

He did and so did the likes of Jim Shooter, Frank Miller etc. I just don't think any modern writer with the exception of Moore has broken the mold in the way Eisner or Lee did.

Darth Vicious
Joe Kubert, not only did he produced great art, he also produced 2 future hall of famers Adam and Andy Kubert.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Joe Kubert, not only did he produced great art, he also produced 2 future hall of famers Adam and Andy Kubert.

Fair comment but more for what he did with the Kubert school than his actual comic creativity in my opinion. I think he has though contributed a great deal.

Darth Vicious
I agree. He wa sthe first one that came to mind that wasnt already said and I completly forgot about his art school.

jrodslam
Alex Ross, Jae Lee, Frank Miller and Stan Lee to name a few.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Zebedee
He did and so did the likes of Jim Shooter, Frank Miller etc. I just don't think any modern writer with the exception of Moore has broken the mold in the way Eisner or Lee did. Well if Chris Claremont is also counted as a modern writer he did actually.. in the past though. He worked on the X-men comics for 16 years. From 1975-1991 So he worked on alot of the stories that took place between those times.

Priest
Reginald Hudlin shifty

Zebedee
Originally posted by Creshosk
Well if Chris Claremont is also counted as a modern writer he did actually.. in the past though. He worked on the X-men comics for 16 years. From 1975-1991 So he worked on alot of the stories that took place between those times.

I'm not disagreeing Claremont did some great work. I even enjoyed his "first flight stories", He bought characters like Channing into them. Was though his "soap opera" style truly ground breaking? I don't know.

Originally posted by Priest
Reginald Hudlin shifty

I'm actually loving the cosmic powered marvels zombies storyline at the moment in BP, but I sense sarcasm. evil face

lordboo
jim starlin

Priest
I'm actually loving the cosmic powered marvels zombies storyline at the moment in BP,
yeah i heard it was good too, i think i may pic some issues up.
I but I sense sarcasm. evil face
me? nah stick out tongue
Originally posted by lordboo
jim starlin
oh deffinalty thumb up

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Priest
Reginald Hudlin shifty
Them fighting words!

lordboo
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Them fighting words!
thumb up agreed

Mr Majestic
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
subtle reference, that you wouldn't get... What does it mean then? confused

Originally posted by jumpmann

laughing
Laugh at you want but people wank over how good he is but hes not as impressive as people say.

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
headshotkmc

Whatever, but its true.

TricksterPriest
Well, you're not taking a popular stand, but it's your opinion. stick out tongue

Someone mentioned Grant Morrison. I second the motion. Even if he did create Damian, sick, he also did JLA, All-Star Supes, Doom Patrol, Seven Soldiers, and characters like Aztek and Zauriel. thumb up

starlock
i agree with allot of the names submited

I say Mark Gruenwald may he rest in peace

lordboo
mike wieringo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.