Must Play Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme
I looked for a thread like this but i couldn't find one, so i decided to make one.

Hopefully this can be a thread where people can post Must Play games on all consoles and machines.

My story is, basically I'm getting a new PC, a Oxegen SX1000 which I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement. And i was wondering, what PC games are simply a must? I obviously won't be able to get them all at once, but i was just wondering. New to PC gaming by the way, my current computer is kind of awful ^^'

Well i say new, i sometimes go round to my uncles and I've played Doom 3, Bioshock and Warcraft II & III. But that's it on easiest difficulty so i consider myself new....

(If you wondering what Games i like, I'm very much open to all genres)

Remindme
So....there are no must play games on PC?

Fine I'll just play a mmorpg

chickenlover98
get the orange box. half life 2 HL2 ep 1, ep2, portal and team fortress 2. all this can be your s for the low low price of 50 $!!!

DigiMark007
Yeah, Portal might be a must-play for me, along with the rest of the Orange Box.

An upcoming must-play on my docket is Marvel Universe Online. If it delivers, it'll be 1 of about 3 dream games that I've ever wanted.

The other two are an RPG whose scope and options are probably impossible by today's standards....think Oblivion, but with every aspect of the game multipled by about 10, a story to rival the best FF games, and numerous possible "main quests". The third is a Dark Forces-style game that takes the best elements of the series and puts them together, and turns lightsaber combat into an artform...as such, I have big hopes for "Force Unleashed".

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by DigiMark007
An upcoming must-play on my docket is Marvel Universe Online. If it delivers, it'll be 1 of about 3 dream games that I've ever wanted.

Marvel Universe Online? That sounds interesting.

Do you know when it's coming out?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
Marvel Universe Online? That sounds interesting.

Do you know when it's coming out?

I've heard everything from next May to late 2008/early '09. I'd guess closer to the latter though, since the current trailer doesn't have any in-game footage.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=447164& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Marvel+Universe+Online%29

...the thread about it here on KMC. It's basically City of Heroes + gameplay like the Spider-Man series and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction....and with Marvel-licensed characters.

Venomous Yoshi
Cool.

I know which Marvel character I'm going to play with...

Smasandian
Shooters:

- Orange Box by Valve (HL2, Ep 1&2, Portal and TF2)...cant wait to play TF2.
- Crysis...if you want to showcase your new computer, this is the game
- Call of Duty series is a must if you love shooters....1 and 2 are probably extremely cheap and 4 is coming out shortly
- Far Cry...amazing game and the sequel which should be out next year, looks just as good.
- FEAR....just great.

RTS

- Company Of Heroes.....just amazing, nothing beats that game, EXP pack was just released
- World In Conflict.....getting good reviews and should be fun for people who want more action that micro managing

Those are my two favourite genres for the PC and the two greatest genres the PC does extremely well.

chickenlover98
halo wars

shin_gear
Originally posted by chickenlover98
halo wars YES

Lana
I've heard everything from next May to late 2008/early '09. I'd guess closer to the latter though, since the current trailer doesn't have any in-game footage.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=447164& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Marvel+Universe+Online%29

...the thread about it here on KMC. It's basically City of Heroes + gameplay like the Spider-Man series and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction....and with Marvel-licensed characters.

It's delayed until 09 I believe.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Lana
It's delayed until 09 I believe.

Figures.

But if they get it right, I'm willing to wait.

Smasandian
Originally posted by chickenlover98
halo wars

Too bad Halo Wars isnt for the PC.

Venomous Yoshi
Figures.

But if they get it right, I'm willing to wait.

Me, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.