Superman Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mirai Gohan
I was thinking, I aspire to become a filmmaker at some point in my life & I would really love to make a Superman film as he is my all time favorite superhero. I'm actually not sure what I'd do if I did get the chance to make the movie but I sure as hell wouldn't make Lex Luthor the main villain as that's been done a million times already. He'd definitely be in the film but he wouldn't be a major character. I would actually want to use someone like Bizarro. However, instead of him being a backwards Superman who is a kid, I'd use an approach similar to the Bizarro in "Smallville". I'd make him the opposite of Superman who is good in which he'd be totally evil & kills without remorse. If I got to make the movie Bizarro would more than likely be the villain I use for my first film. For the second film, I'd possibly go with someone like Mongul in which Superman goes into space to check out something but is captured & put on the planet War World. For the third movie I'd strive to do something epic & nothing is more epic than having Superman face Doomsday. I'd have them pummel each other & I'd make the fight really major & for it to satisfy me, it'd have to last at least 15-20 minutes, if not longer.

So, any suggestions you guys want to throw in there? Btw, please don't spam in this thread, only reply if you're interested in my idea.

superkronick92
One of my favorite Supes stories that technically isn't about Superman. It's called Superman: Secret Identity, it's about a Superman in the Real World and who he is, it's basically a chronicle of his life, it may not be full of action(although, he does fight an army at one point) it is definitely one of the best stories I've read, you should check it out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Secret_Identity

IMO it would be a great movie, but probably wouldn't get made because, it "technically isn't Superman"

Mirai Gohan
I want suggestions on what to include in a movie that IS about Superman such as schemes, tweaks to villains, etc.

superkronick92
Birthright would make a pretty great movie

Mirai Gohan
What exactly happens in the Birthright story? I want to go for the traditional Superman story except I'm not going to really show anything about Krypton as I want as much of the movie as possible to be focused on Superman. I'm still trying to think on a villain I want, right now I'm thinking Bizarro but instead of him being backwards he'd be just plain evil.

Soljer
Totally tired of luthor.

I want to see Darkseid or Doomsday on the big screen.

Mirai Gohan
My sentiments exactly, nothing interesting is being done with Lex Luthor, they haven't done anything unique with him. I liked the "New Krypton scheme but I would love to see him get some type of temporary powers or something to keep him fresh. For the most part I'd love to use Bizarro, Doomsday, or Darkseid.

Soljer
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
My sentiments exactly, nothing interesting is being done with Lex Luthor, they haven't done anything unique with him. I liked the "New Krypton scheme but I would love to see him get some type of temporary powers or something to keep him fresh. For the most part I'd love to use Bizarro, Doomsday, or Darkseid.

Maybe Bizzaro as a subplot or something.

I don't think he's the type of villain that could carry a movie.

Mirai Gohan
He probably wouldn't carry the movie unless I could make him really intriguing but he'd be a main character.

One thing I really want to be made evident is Superman's strength, in my movies he will neverbe weaker than he should be.

superkronick92
I would go with a lesser known villain like Preus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preus

Or Manchester Black and the Elite, that fight would show audiences how badass Supes really is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Black

Mirai Gohan
I might use Preus but I'd also like to use emeies that are pretty popular. For the first movie I'll probably use Preus & Bizarro, I'm not sure yet. But I'm certain for the third movie Doomsday will be used. I might also use General Zod, just without the accent or the wierd costume. It'll probably be something closer to "Smallville" Zod.

Mirai Gohan
I'd also like to use Chloe Sullivan's character, she's pretty popular & it'd be nice to give her a bit more recognition.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.