2007 Superman Vs. "New" Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zebedee
We know Superman beat the old Thor. They are both stronger now. Who wins the rematch?

llagrok
Originally posted by Zebedee
We know Superman beat the old Thor. They are both stronger now. Who wins the rematch?

Did he now?

Burning thought
id just say Superman, is this version stronger than 1 million or anything like that? ...if so then Thor surely would get beaten to the floor

Zebedee
Originally posted by llagrok
Did he now?

Yes he did.

bats2jm
No we dont know.

Zebedee
Originally posted by bats2jm
No we dont know.

Read JLA/Avengers you'll see it then.

Dreamcatcher
Read JLA/Avengers you'll see it then.

JLA/Avengers = non cannon

CaptainStoic
It was canon as both companies agreed that if Thor fought Superman the outcome would be Thor losing slightly. JLA vs Avengers was not a fan voted affair like marvel vs DC. This is what makes it canon.

Grifter07
Originally posted by Dreamcatcher
JLA/Avengers = non cannon Wrong.

It's very much canon. wink

llagrok
Yup, SVFL was canon as well.

Thor never mentioned losing his rune magic.

CaptainStoic
SVFL? sorry what does that mean?

Zebedee
Yup, SVFL was canon as well.

Thor never mentioned losing his rune magic.

He obviously has though, his new stats are over at Marvel.com, Odin's back and he's Don Blake again.

llagrok
He obviously has though, his new stats are over at Marvel.com, Odin's back and he's Don Blake again.

His new stats are over at Marvel?

You mean those who think that Wolverine is Silver Surfer's equal in strength? Yeah, reliable.

starlock

I have issues 1-3 not sure if thor #4 is out yet but........No Odin!
Yes blake...but 2 of thors feats are with the odin power....bringing asgard back and restoring the soul of heimdall.....which used to be under the odin power...maybe issue 4 came out so sorry..but as of issue 1-3 No Odin

Just my opinon JLA/Avengers crossover should not be used for matchups between companies...imo

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by starlock
I have issues 1-3 not sure if thor #4 is out yet but........No Odin!
Yes blake...but 2 of thors feats are with the odin power....bringing asgard back and restoring the soul of heimdall.....which used to be under the odin power...maybe issue 4 came out so sorry..but as of issue 1-3 No Odin

Just my opinon JLA/Avengers crossover should not be used for matchups between companies...imo

I think that it should because it gives people a clear idea as to how strong Superman is when faced by someone of Thors strength level. It let me get a clear picture that Superman could not just walk all over a group of Marvels top tiers like people used to say he would.

Galan007
Superman.

Galan007
Originally posted by Burning thought
id just say Superman, is this version stronger than 1 million or anything like that? Good lord no. durfused

Soljer
Regardless of whether the Superman vs. Thor fight was bad writing or not, it is in fact canon.

Thusly, the original poster saying "We know that Superman beat the old Thor" is correct. The statement "We know that Superman beats the old Thor," however, would be up for debate.

smile.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Regardless of whether the Superman vs. Thor fight was bad writing or not, it is in fact canon.

Thusly, the original poster saying "We know that Superman beat the old Thor" is correct. The statement "We know that Superman beats the old Thor," however, would be up for debate.

smile.

thor Jobbered. He should have been reigning magical lighting, swinging that hammer everywhere and using all of those exotic magical powers that superman is not used to. on the other hand, superman should have been all over thor at light speed. The fight should have been much better and superman should have laid down and passed out right after he beat thor.

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
thor Jobbered. He should have been reigning magical lighting, swinging that hammer everywhere and using all of those exotic magical powers that superman is not used to. on the other hand, superman should have been all over thor at light speed. The fight should have been much better and superman should have laid down and passed out right after he beat thor.

smile.

tazz
Now Thor seems to have the odin force. so Thor wins.
and i feel DC-Marvel crossovers are extremely unreliable sources.

Badabing
I never consider crossovers in my opinion with characters and their abilities regardless if the event is canon. Superman did defeat Thor though but to be fair I don't remember every detail of the crossover.

The current Thor has not done enough for me to draw an accurate opinion. He did "make" Asgard with a gesture and took Stark's blast without blinking before he commenced to curbstomp him.

All that said I will pick Superman.....for now. After Thor beats WW Hulk AND Sentry at the SAME time........ shifty

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing

All that said I will pick Superman.....for now. After Thor beats WW Hulk AND Sentry at the SAME time........ shifty

Nothing Superman couldn't do. erm.

Silent Master
I have heard that there have been some vague references to it in a handbook.

But as of yet no Marvel comic has actually referenced JLA/Avengers

Validus
Does it even matter? It's not as if the JLA/Avengers match is even the point of this thread.

Then again, I think Superman/Thor has been discussed more than enough anyway.

vlaaad12345
To me it seems like thor has just returned to his classic levels and just isnt holding back anymore,but of course superman on the other hand has been increasing in power over the years as well so its hard to decide really.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Does it even matter? It's not as if the JLA/Avengers match is even the point of this thread.

Then again, I think Superman/Thor has been discussed more than enough anyway. Nice sig.

Symmetric Chaos
Nothing Superman couldn't do. erm.

oh It totally is!

Badabing
Nothing Superman couldn't do. erm. Really? When has Superman beaten a Hulk like character and a Sentry like character at the same time?

Now, my post was more of a jest than anything else. I figured I'd bring up Hulk and Sentry early and get it out of the way. durfist stick out tongue

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
To me it seems like thor has just returned to his classic levels and just isnt holding back anymore,but of course superman on the other hand has been increasing in power over the years as well so its hard to decide really. I'm not getting the "Not holding back anymore" comment. Was it meant to say we didn't see all his powers before or was it meant that he just didn't let loose? Was he held back by Odin? I need answers!!!!

UniOmni
JLA/Avengers has hazy continuity on the Marvel side at least.

The only reference made in Marvel, comes from the handbooks, which is never the highest authority.

For DC, it is canon tho.

For this fight however, i'd suggest people wait until Thor fights someone on the level before seeing how he stacks up against Big blue.

When he koes a powered up Surfer (we all know it's gonna happen) with a few choice charged hammer swings, then make this thread.

Or when he fights Robert, or Hulk or someone top tier.

It's still too early for this match.

llagrok
What can Thor do against Superman's spit?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UniOmni
It's still too early for this match.

It's never too early to jump to conclusions!

Gecko4lif
His new stats are over at Marvel?

You mean those who think that Wolverine is Silver Surfer's equal in strength? Yeah, reliable.

marvel's stat blocks have no credibility at all

Zebedee
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
marvel's stat blocks have no credibility at all

Except they are published by Marvel.

Mindship
In the JLA/Av crossover, Superman beat Thor because in large part Thor fought like Superman. Mjolner was hardly used to full potential. On the same token: I still say Superman beats Thor h2h (c'mon, this is one of those things Superman does best, winning mano-a-manoes). But if Thor gets his hammer in full swing, Supes goes down. Thor is not just powerful, he is powerful magically.

Originally posted by UniOmni
When he koes a powered up Surfer (we all know it's gonna happen) *groan*

Soljer
This is a good thread, damnit!

Thor should certainly have better chances now that the 'moron' mode is disabled! mad!

Well, hopefully.

We all know that if he goes up against the Hulk, it's almost a certainty that the switch will get flipped back to 'on.'

Badabing

Thor should certainly have better chances now that the 'moron' mode is disabled! mad!

Well, hopefully.

We all know that if he goes up against the Hulk, it's almost a certainty that the switch will get flipped back to 'on.' As a Hulk fan, Thor losing to Hulk would make me sick then ranting and finally turn me into a dur

Symmetric Chaos

Well, hopefully.

We all know that if he goes up against the Hulk, it's almost a certainty that the switch will get flipped back to 'on.'

I don't think they're going to fight any time soon though erm

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing
As a Hulk fan, Thor losing to Hulk would make me sick then ranting and finally turn me into a dur

You know what?

I've decided that if Thor loses to the Hulk, I'm just going to give myself a lobotomy and go DevilGoblin.

Damn right, you'll see Soljer on the board, daily.

Nothing but; durhulkdurhulkdurhulkdurhulk.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I don't think they're going to fight any time soon though erm

Yeah, it's doubtful, but you never know.

What we CAN be sure of, though, is Hulk's primary power isn't his ever increasing strength.

It's his innate ability to make his opponents fight like complete and utter retards. no expression.

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, it's doubtful, but you never know.

What we CAN be sure of, though, is Hulk's primary power isn't his ever increasing strength.

It's his innate ability to make his opponents fight like complete and utter retards. no expression.

Or show them that even good tactics don't always work against a sufficiently powerful brick. Besides I don't know why people focus on Hulk so much, people fight against all brick types differently than against more maneuverable or versatile opponents.

Soljer
Or show them that even good tactics don't always work against a sufficiently powerful brick. Besides I don't know why people focus on Hulk so much, people fight against all brick types differently than against more maneuverable or versatile opponents.

Good tactics?

You mean, like people letting them hit them?

Or the Strange-Zom fiasco?

Or Thor using Mjolnir like a club?

Or ANY of his opponents forgetting that they can move and react at multiples of C?

GREAT tactics. no expression.

Symmetric Chaos
Or the Strange-Zom fiasco?

That nearly worked though. Not to mention his hands were physically and mentally destroyed so I assume his option may have been limited.

Or Thor using Mjolnir like a club?

Yeah, it's not like Thor fights that way against anybody else no expression

Or ANY of his opponents forgetting that they can move and react at multiples of C?

Because people who have superspeed as a secondary power always use that against slower opponents.

Soljer
That nearly worked though. Not to mention his hands were physically and mentally destroyed so I assume his option may have been limited.

Strange had a thousand options BEFORE doing that - and even afterwards, it isn't like Strange couldn't, you know, HEAL a broken bone or two. He's healed DIMENSIONS. no expression.

Yeah, it's not like Thor fights that way against anybody else no expression
Have you visited the Thor Respect thread recently? Not that we should base our opinions off of respect threads, not at all. Just an example of the hundreds and thousands of different times Thor's whipped out an esoteric power. In fact, in his own book, he'd almost ALWAYS come up with some magic bullshit to finish off his enemies. Only in team books is he ever portrayed as retarded. Team books and hulk fights, that is.

Because people who have superspeed as a secondary power always use that against slower opponents.

No, not always. Sometimes, often, even, but not always.

However, they DO always conveniently forget about it if their opponent happens to be the Hulk.

Badabing
You know what?

I've decided that if Thor loses to the Hulk, I'm just going to give myself a lobotomy and go DevilGoblin.

Damn right, you'll see Soljer on the board, daily.

Nothing but; durhulkdurhulkdurhulkdurhulk. You and me both. duryes

Symmetric Chaos
Strange had a thousand options BEFORE doing that - and even afterwards, it isn't like Strange couldn't, you know, HEAL a broken bone or two. He's healed DIMENSIONS. no expression.

Not with broken hands stick out tongue

Fine no expression

Have you visited the Thor Respect thread recently? Not that we should base our opinions off of respect threads, not at all. Just an example of the hundreds and thousands of different times Thor's whipped out an esoteric power. In fact, in his own book, he'd almost ALWAYS come up with some magic bullshit to finish off his enemies. Only in team books is he ever portrayed as retarded. Team books and hulk fights, that is.

So only Thor's own book counts now?

And you honestly expect me to believe that in his own books whenever Thor faces a brawler he KOs them into another dimension with magic lightning 3x the speed of light before they can react? This is the guy who's initial reaction to the Celestials was to toss his hammer at them.

No, not always. Sometimes, often, even, but not always.

However, they DO always conveniently forget about it if their opponent happens to be the Hulk.

Or just about any brick type erm

Soljer
Not with broken hands stick out tongue

Fine no expression

Concession accepted. stick out tongue.

So only Thor's own book counts now?

And you honestly expect me to believe that in his own books whenever Thor faces a brawler he KOs them into another dimension with magic lightning 3x the speed of light before they can react?
Every time? Nah. But it's something well within his power, something he's used on his foes before. That or transmutation. Or a godblast. Or, ****, MAKE IT RAIN ON THE GOD DAMNED HULK!

He doesn't try ANYTHING but going toe-to-toe.

Or just about any brick type erm

No, it's sometimes ignored against other bricks.

ALWAYS against the Hulk.

Symmetric Chaos
Concession accepted. stick out tongue.

oh

Every time? Nah. But it's something well within his power, something he's used on his foes before. That or transmutation. Or a godblast. Or, ****, MAKE IT RAIN ON THE GOD DAMNED HULK!

He doesn't try ANYTHING but going toe-to-toe.

He's tried lightning at least once IIRC.

Besides wouldn't beating someone like Hulk in a straight up fight be a point of honor for Thor?

No, it's sometimes ignored against other bricks.

ALWAYS against the Hulk.

Maybe they think it won't work after what happened to Quicksilver and Northstar stick out tongue Plus Hulk likes to spread rumors that he can run really really fast.

Plus we're going to see just how fast he is when Sentry catches up with him smile

Soljer
oh

big grin.

He's tried lightning at least once IIRC.

Besides wouldn't beating someone like Hulk in a straight up fight be a point of honor for Thor?

Yes, I realize he's tried lightning. Once. I realize that I exaggerate a little bit - but you have to realize how very little I am exaggerating. Of the, literally, HUNDREDS of different powers that Thor has exhibited, he decides to play mercy with the Hulk.

Maybe they think it won't work after what happened to Quicksilver and Northstar stick out tongue Plus Hulk likes to spread rumors that he can run really really fast.

Plus we're going to see just how fast he is when Sentry catches up with him smile

He can run really fast compared to...say...Captain America. Spiderman.

But in a fight? He can't tag either of them. Agile street levellers dance around him like child's play.

Symmetric Chaos
Yes, I realize he's tried lightning. Once. I realize that I exaggerate a little bit - but you have to realize how very little I am exaggerating. Of the, literally, HUNDREDS of different powers that Thor has exhibited, he decides to play mercy with the Hulk.

Maybe he's trying to prove himself. Maybe this is the guy who saw a bunch of skyfathers get owned and decided to hit the people who did it.

Who knows?

He can run really fast compared to...say...Captain America. Spiderman.

But in a fight? He can't tag either of them. Agile street levellers dance around him like child's play.

Unless he thinks they're dancing and applauds shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.