Galactus VS Dr Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
Galactus VS Dr strange

Strange is on bloodlust

both at 100% prime

rotiart
Galactus 10/10.

Galactus at 100% prime is one of 3 prime moving forces in the universe. He is the equivalent of Eternity.

Dr. Strange at 100% prime is not on the level of galactus at 100% prime. Now Dr. STrange with say... the full backing of Eternity/Infinity/Order Chaos... is different... but thats a Dr. STrange with backing from the upper astral entities..which is different that a fully prepped 100% dr. strange...

Galactus 9/10. Just cause magic is finicky sometimes about refusing to lose.

Burning thought
i did this in mind of his endless magical powers he seems to possess, he does things with magic Galactus has never shown as far as ime aware so i think he would certainly be a force to be reckoned with

lordboo
Originally posted by Burning thought
Galactus VS Dr strange

Strange is on bloodlust

both at 100% prime

when u say 100% for big g,do you mean galan for the black celestial arc?
if so galactus crucifies him.

rotiart
Galactus.. fought with Tyrant... and it is said that their battle ignited stars and destroyed galaxies...

Galactus with a thought creates beings like the silver surfer... tyrant and morg...

Remember Annihilation.. Galactus unleashed energies destroying wave after wave of the annihilation force within minutes...

Hell galactus destroys the planet they are fighting on. just to guarantee his win.

Burning thought
cant Dr strange just stop time and then unleash all his powers, or doesnt he have anything that can scratch big g?

Kutulu
Galactus 10/10.

Kurash
Originally posted by rotiart
Galactus 10/10.

Galactus at 100% prime is one of 3 prime moving forces in the universe. He is the equivalent of Eternity.

Galactus 9/10. Just cause magic is finicky sometimes about refusing to lose.

I agree completely with Galactus goin 6/10

magic can be really hard to read and for that reason i cant see Galactus taking anything more than an 8/10 in this fight

Thats a 7/10 in favor of Galactus, hes quite a powerful being and wouldnt have much trouble taking a 5/10 split from Strange

TricksterPriest
Strange can take this, but he needs a good amount of prep time to take the majority.

Mr Majestic
What the f**k?

guy222
Galactus VS Dr strange

Strange is on bloodlust

both at 100% prime

big g ftw

NinjaJJ
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Strange can take this, but he needs a good amount of prep time to take the majority.
Agreed, what he said.

rotiart

When has Dr. Strange done anything that would make you put him on the level of an abstract like eternity? Which is what a Big G at 100% would be...

lordboo
When has Dr. Strange done anything that would make you put him on the level of an abstract like eternity? Which is what a Big G at 100% would be...
big g at the nearest to 100% hes ever been was absorbing a universe.

Burning thought
it still makes no diffrent imo, Dr-Strange may not have feets on a universal level but his magic allows him to do so many tricks and powers that give him something to do during the battle, time powers for instance, has he got any energy leeching skills? perhaps he could drain Galactus' energy, ofc i dont know this, ime just wondering.

rotiart
Originally posted by lordboo
big g at the nearest to 100% hes ever been was absorbing a universe.

even more to the point then, how would dr. strange defeat that...

lordboo
even more to the point then, how would dr. strange defeat that...
imo he cant even with prep.

vlaaad12345
it still makes no diffrent imo, Dr-Strange may not have feets on a universal level but his magic allows him to do so many tricks and powers that give him something to do during the battle, time powers for instance, has he got any energy leeching skills? perhaps he could drain Galactus' energy, ofc i dont know this, ime just wondering.
Galactus fought evenly with one of the vishanti in his own realm no less who strange has to call on for power...I dont see galactus having a problem with magic.

Burning thought
still, the guy could stop time, in this time surely Dr strange would have infnite prep to do anything he wishes...does Galactus show invulerability or resistence to time powers?

rotiart
When has Dr. Strange stopped time during a fight? or even stopped time???

I know he's travelled back in time before... but i don't remember freezing it

Burning thought
i think he stopped time when a bullet was fired at him, he moved aside and put his enemy in its place and his enemy got shot, although i dont know the panel, although ime no expert on the guy, so perhaps i was wrong and it was a diffrent person, has he never done so? has no one here seen him do so?

rotiart
Wow. That sounds completely out of character for Dr. Strange... putting someone in front of a bullet to kill them...

Burning thought
"shrug" i wouldnt know 100% dude, ive heard it from several people and long ago it was used a lot againt me in debates and i remember them providing the proof, although now my memory is hazy, but i belive if he can stop time like that hes got a good little run on his hands since Galactus cant do much frozen can he

rotiart
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t452382.html

This is what you're looking for I think. It helps your argument.

Burning thought
ah ty very much, its tricky things like that where Dr strange has some odd magical abilities that even if Galactus has overall more power, Dr stranges vairety of attacks could pull him through or let him live...however can he harm Galactus i wonder..whats Galactus' durability feets with high energy

rotiart
question. Wouldn't this be in the form of leaving the battlefield if dr strange travels through time? and in the scene where he stops time, he sits there for what looks a while before he does it... and not like an instant thing

Harry Fingerman
Galactus 10/10.

Dr Strange is overrated, and his respect thread is pretty much the worst place you want to look, if you're looking for the full stories of fights.

psycho gundam
too much raw power for strange to handle

quanchi112
galactus crushes him. all day everyday.

Shank 'n Bake
Originally posted by quanchi112
galactus crushes him. all day everyday.

I agree.
Sick sig by the way.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Shank 'n Bake
I agree.
Sick sig by the way. guy and his friend helped me.

Burning thought
hmm if he cant time power quickly then thats no good, galactus prob would own him then 8/10 or more if he has no time powers of high level

gogogadgetgo
galactus

Utrigita
hmm if he cant time power quickly then thats no good, galactus prob would own him then 8/10 or more if he has no time powers of high level

What have given you the impression that control over time will give dr Stranger any advantage against Galactus who himself along with his heralds have many time related feats?

Burning thought
have they ever stopped time? if theyve stopped time then maybe it would not make a diffrence, but if they cant and Dr-strange could do it quickly enough he has free reign over the battle to do whatever he wants, he may eventually defeat galactus if that was the case since his powers are of great power.....
ime no expert for sure ofcourse, but through all these galactus debates, not one time related feet comparable to actualyl stopping time is galactus' from what ive seen

quanchi112
have they ever stopped time? if theyve stopped time then maybe it would not make a diffrence, but if they cant and Dr-strange could do it quickly enough he has free reign over the battle to do whatever he wants, he may eventually defeat galactus if that was the case since his powers are of great power.....
ime no expert for sure ofcourse, but through all these galactus debates, not one time related feet comparable to actualyl stopping time is galactus' from what ive seen then strange shouldnt technically lose. but its not that simple. trust me galactus crushes him time and time again.

Burning thought
but why, because he destroys universes? if so thats not going to be good enough because encased in time, he cant do any attack whatsovever...and if hes shown nothing to repel such an attack he would lose...10/10 for strange if he just can do time stop, Galactus' power and feets although great to my knowledge hes never stopped time powers such as time stop before, nor has he shown as such

quanchi112
but why, because he destroys universes? if so thats not going to be good enough because encased in time, he cant do any attack whatsovever...and if hes shown nothing to repel such an attack he would lose...10/10 for strange if he just can do time stop, Galactus' power and feets although great to my knowledge hes never stopped time powers such as time stop before, nor has he shown as such strange has faced galactus before and hasnt stopped time. ur pulling for this one. galactus is essential and is abstract level. trust me he pwns strange the guy who didnt stop time t chill out ww hulk.

Burning thought
hes essential for the marval usniverse, this battle doesnt neccerily excist in marvel universe and could take place in a random verse where marvals rules suc has "galactus is required" do not matter, IF Dr strange can stop time then Galactus is lost...simple, if its proven however that big G can do something or is likely to do something before strange can do such a feet, or if it is proven he "cannot" do such a feet against Galactus then obviously he is unlikely to beat big G with his average powers

PIS is not in the battle, so strange not doing it before to Galactus doesnt count would it

Bouboumaster
Galactus, with a blink of the eyes, stop Strange.

Burning thought
does Galactus often defeat beings with a blink of his eyes? i havnt heard that one before

quanchi112
hes essential for the marval usniverse, this battle doesnt neccerily excist in marvel universe and could take place in a random verse where marvals rules suc has "galactus is required" do not matter, IF Dr strange can stop time then Galactus is lost...simple, if its proven however that big G can do something or is likely to do something before strange can do such a feet, or if it is proven he "cannot" do such a feet against Galactus then obviously he is unlikely to beat big G with his average powers

PIS is not in the battle, so strange not doing it before to Galactus doesnt count would it strange loses. no way he wins.

lordboo
galactus at 100% would take down strange and the visanti imo.

Burning thought
if ime not going to get any proof or information i suppose theres no point in trying to debate it roll eyes (sarcastic) nvm then

Galactus wins just for being Galactus wink

quanchi112
if ime not going to get any proof or information i suppose theres no point in trying to debate it roll eyes (sarcastic) nvm then

Galactus wins just for being Galactus wink i do not think under any circumstances dr dtrange has beaten him. i havent read all the comics in the world but its a given galactus wins.

Burning thought
when time boggle gets involved which Dr strange has said to have things can turn the "super being" i.e galactus into nothing since hed be able to nothing, my question is, is Dr stranges time powers slow to activate is why your giving him zero winnings?

quanchi112
when time boggle gets involved which Dr strange has said to have things can turn the "super being" i.e galactus into nothing since hed be able to nothing, my question is, is Dr stranges time powers slow to activate is why your giving him zero winnings? i dont think he could stop time and stop galactus. i think ud need the god of time to actually make galactus freeze.

Burning thought
but why is this? has he ever shown resistence to such powers? if not then its unfair to assume he could since theres so many things hes "not" been able to do during his comics, its not like hes omnipotent (altho nothing is but he doesnt come quite so close as some) if hes shown no defences then its unfair to believe he cannot be time stopped just because he is Galactus

quanchi112
but why is this? has he ever shown resistence to such powers? if not then its unfair to assume he could since theres so many things hes "not" been able to do during his comics, its not like hes omnipotent (altho nothing is but he doesnt come quite so close as some) if hes shown no defences then its unfair to believe he cannot be time stopped just because he is Galactus it is fair to think that way. if strange hasnt used it on him. why would u assume it works if he could do it but hasnt yet.

stick out tongue

Burning thought
ime assuming it would work because A: hes frozen time and done it before

B: hes never shown a limit as far as i know to the beings hes done it to

and

C: Galactus as far as i know has shown zero resistences to time freezing powers

so in conclusion, Strange Can do it, has shown no limti as far AFAIK and Galactus has shown no resistence, although Strange has never used it on Galactus, hes never tried to AFAIK, its less fair to think Galactus who has shown nothing of resistence to be able to resist something that strange has done to others, evne if it was not again Galactus.

i simply belive as my opinion Strange can take this if he can Freeze time, although i dont know his full list of powers, in the time he has which would be infnite for sure since its frozen he would think of a magical way, Galactus is no Magical master and i doubt has a resistence to it as much as he does other things.

Utrigita
ime no expert for sure ofcourse, but through all these galactus debates, not one time related feet comparable to actualyl stopping time is galactus' from what ive seen

I believe SS has done it on a occarsion but not sure.

Again please tell me what good a Time Freeze would do against Galactus, Galactus to whom Time is like nothing.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Utrigita
I believe SS has done it on a occarsion but not sure.

Again please tell me what good a Time Freeze would do against Galactus, Galactus to whom Time is like nothing.

what do you mean its like nothing, its a power, if time is frozen, galactus is part of time isnt he, he excists like all other beings, if hes shown no resistence to it before then why would it be assumed he can simply because hes galactus

what do you actually mean by to Galactus time is nothing, ofcourse it is, he passes time just like all other beings?

Utrigita
what do you mean its like nothing, its a power, if time is frozen, galactus is part of time isnt he, he excists like all other beings, if hes shown no resistence to it before then why would it be assumed he can simply because hes galactus

what do you actually mean by to Galactus time is nothing, ofcourse it is, he passes time just like all other beings?

Actually one could argue that being a part abstract then time is absolute meaningless to such a being. erm

No time as Strange see it may very well be totally different from the way Galactus sees it.

Burning thought
Actually one could argue that being a part abstract then time is absolute meaningless to such a being. erm

No time as Strange see it may very well be totally different from the way Galactus sees it.

Abstract? only partly, and it still makes no sense why he would have immunity to time, Eternity and Death obviously, But i dont count Galan as a true Abstract even though he is the balance, he isnt as comparable to say Death and Eternity in their timelessness and attributes

perhaps it is, since i dont know for sure and ime not sure if you know he sees it dffrently, it still brings to the table that he still has not shown immunity, i mean many things both physical and energy based may be seen diffrently by Galactus but hes still been harmed/bothered by them in the past and magic itself is something Galactus would not understand, at least to the degree of dr-strange or to the degree or countering said powers with ease.

Utrigita
Abstract? only partly, and it still makes no sense why he would have immunity to time, Eternity and Death obviously, But i dont count Galan as a true Abstract even though he is the balance, he isnt as comparable to say Death and Eternity in their timelessness and attributes

perhaps it is, since i dont know for sure and ime not sure if you know he sees it dffrently, it still brings to the table that he still has not shown immunity, i mean many things both physical and energy based may be seen diffrently by Galactus but hes still been harmed/bothered by them in the past and magic itself is something Galactus would not understand, at least to the degree of dr-strange or to the degree or countering said powers with ease.

I said only partly and also said that they see time different then us. If a Herald can time travel like nothing and warps space and time and ride on a cosmic flux that manipulates time and control it with the power cosmic then I find it legitimate to say that a time based attack will not the effect required. (How exactly was this time attack used against??)

He does. every specie in Marvel does. No he hasn't showed any resistance on the other hand I don't think stranger has tried such a attack on a being like Galactus but I could be wrong. I would say that even though Galactus seemingly doesn't understand it then Agamotto which is magical couldn't harm Galactus, Stranger when recruited by Galactus was terrified of the Thought that Galactus would have found it amusing to see what level of power it would have required to defeat Stranger all this would implicate that Magic only partial is a problem to Galactus and that even high ranking magical beings have problems then Galactus wouldn't have a problem against Strange.

Also if a time based Attack was enough to defeat Galactus then why has none used it against him in the 80-90 when he was everybody punching back???

Burning thought
I said only partly and also said that they see time different then us. If a Herald can time travel like nothing and warps space and time and ride on a cosmic flux that manipulates time and control it with the power cosmic then I find it legitimate to say that a time based attack will not the effect required. (How exactly was this time attack used against??)

He does. every specie in Marvel does. No he hasn't showed any resistance on the other hand I don't think stranger has tried such a attack on a being like Galactus but I could be wrong. I would say that even though Galactus seemingly doesn't understand it then Agamotto which is magical couldn't harm Galactus, Stranger when recruited by Galactus was terrified of the Thought that Galactus would have found it amusing to see what level of power it would have required to defeat Stranger all this would implicate that Magic only partial is a problem to Galactus and that even high ranking magical beings have problems then Galactus wouldn't have a problem against Strange.

Also if a time based Attack was enough to defeat Galactus then why has none used it against him in the 80-90 when he was everybody punching back???

possibly but time traveling is very diffrent to actually freezing time, hell freezing time is probably the highest form of time power, it can gain a victory for a weaker being against a higher one if it works, but as i say no resistence

ime no fan of either of them so i dont know all their comics and scenes, so ime unsure where Strange has used his time powers, all i know is that he "has" used them.

i dont understand the question, if your saying why has noone used a time based attack against him before then thats obviously PIS, or the writers simply deicided not to, or havnt thought of it..although ime no expert on comics so if your saying something diffrent please forgive me and explain

lordboo
wouldnt strange need some prep time anyway to conjure a time stopping spell of that magnitude, against galan

Utrigita
possibly but time traveling is very diffrent to actually freezing time, hell freezing time is probably the highest form of time power, it can gain a victory for a weaker being against a higher one if it works, but as i say no resistence

ime no fan of either of them so i dont know all their comics and scenes, so ime unsure where Strange has used his time powers, all i know is that he "has" used them.

i dont understand the question, if your saying why has noone used a time based attack against him before then thats obviously PIS, or the writers simply deicided not to, or havnt thought of it..although ime no expert on comics so if your saying something diffrent please forgive me and explain

I know, but on the other hand a attack of that kind has never been utilized against a being like Galactus ore Surfer for that matter and both has encountered enough magical beings with that power in there arsenal (probably) and still none has used it against them.

I just wanted to know against how he used it and under what circumstances and if its something he does under a regular basis.

I'm not but the writers during the earlier mentioned periode normally used every oppotunity they got against Galactus to use the more redicuolus reason after the other to make him fall and yet none used it against him probably because they found that one that could manipulate time would have a fairly good defense against a time based attack.

Utrigita
wouldnt strange need some prep time anyway to conjure a time stopping spell of that magnitude, against galan

I think he would but now we are working with the assumption that he has it ready to fire.

Burning thought

possibly, i wouldnt know, is there not a strange fan around who knows all his powers and can prove this, i just think under the criteria of him being able to do the spell without much time if any, if he could pull it off and stop Galactus in time then he would likely win since Galactus wouldnt be able to do anything if he was affected

quanchi112
possibly, i wouldnt know, is there not a strange fan around who knows all his powers and can prove this, i just think under the criteria of him being able to do the spell without much time if any, if he could pull it off and stop Galactus in time then he would likely win since Galactus wouldnt be able to do anything if he was affected it wouldnt affect galactus.

Burning thought
it wouldnt affect galactus.

why? i need proof to belive this, simply "galactus can do feet A and B so he must be able to resist C" is not exactley a fair or reasonable assumption to make. Since we know regardless of stranges speed he can do the power and that hes done it before he has the ability, now ime interested in proof "why" it would not work on Galactus

Tenebrous
why? i need proof to belive this, simply "galactus can do feet A and B so he must be able to resist C" is not exactley a fair or reasonable assumption to make. Since we know regardless of stranges speed he can do the power and that hes done it before he has the ability, now ime interested in proof "why" it would not work on Galactus

Well your statement works both ways. What is the proof that strange`s attack would work. There`s more evidence indicating Galactus would not be effected:

1. To my knowledge, no one has ever tried freezing time to stop Galactus in mid-motion.

2. Another fact, his heralds routinely manipulate time, and each herald only is given a fraction of Galactus` Power Cosmic...Galactus has shown recognition of time displaced travelers, and his tech, namely his vessel, can travel back and forth through time at the merest of whims. And all of Galactus` tech (except for the ultimate nullifier) is designed to replicate what Galactus can already do. The reason why he uses tech is so he doesn`t waste his energy doing this that can easily be achieved through normal scientific technology.

3. The ultimate nullifier, an aspect of Galactus, can erase entire timelines. Erasing time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stopping time.

4. Time is an aspect of universal reality. Eternity is the abstract representation and the sum total embodiement of all time in the universe. His counter-part, Infinity, is exactly the same, except she is for space, not time. Each one is but the flip of the other, and they each can, and do, represent the living embodiement of the universe and everything in it. When Eternity (as well as Infinity), emobiment of the sum total of all things in the universe and all time that was, is, and will be in the universe, was comatose, it was Galactus who HEALED ETERNITY. This is no small feat...again, Galactus REVIVED an abstract entity that represented the living emobidment of the universe and all time. If Galactus can revive Eternity from being comatose......what will simply stopping time do?

5. Galactus (Galan in specific) existed even before the concept of time was birthed into the current marvel universe.

TricksterPriest
I said Strange can take this, but he needs prep time. Without it, he's greatly outmatched.

Harry Fingerman
I said Strange can take this, but he needs prep time. Without it, he's greatly outmatched. How exactly?

Plus, in a future look at 616, Galactus created the big bang. Time, space, etc.
He also separated Eternity, from Infinity, by manipulating Gamora.

I'd look for something else, but I'm lazy.

Mr Master
Galactus wins in a curbstomp, prep or no prep.

Strange could never call on Eternity to attack Galactus btw.

Eternity would back up Galactus before even considering helping Strange.

WhiteWitchKing
This fight is stupid. Agamotto, a deity Strange draws power from, trapped him like a monkey. So what do the sorcerror supreme do? Kick A's a$$? No, the punk drew Galactus into a battle with Agamotto to buy him time to call other Vishanti. Seriously, what's Strange going to do to Galactus when Galactuss has owned him just through a psychic vision?

Galactus 10/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
This fight is stupid. Agamotto, a deity Strange draws power from, trapped him like a monkey. So what do the sorcerror supreme do? Kick A's a$$? No, the punk drew Galactus into a battle with Agamotto to buy him time to call other Vishanti. Seriously, what's Strange going to do to Galactus when Galactuss has owned him just through a psychic vision?

Galactus 10/10. thumb up

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Well your statement works both ways. What is the proof that strange`s attack would work. There`s more evidence indicating Galactus would not be effected:

1. To my knowledge, no one has ever tried freezing time to stop Galactus in mid-motion.

2. Another fact, his heralds routinely manipulate time, and each herald only is given a fraction of Galactus` Power Cosmic...Galactus has shown recognition of time displaced travelers, and his tech, namely his vessel, can travel back and forth through time at the merest of whims. And all of Galactus` tech (except for the ultimate nullifier) is designed to replicate what Galactus can already do. The reason why he uses tech is so he doesn`t waste his energy doing this that can easily be achieved through normal scientific technology.

3. The ultimate nullifier, an aspect of Galactus, can erase entire timelines. Erasing time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stopping time.

4. Time is an aspect of universal reality. Eternity is the abstract representation and the sum total embodiement of all time in the universe. His counter-part, Infinity, is exactly the same, except she is for space, not time. Each one is but the flip of the other, and they each can, and do, represent the living embodiement of the universe and everything in it. When Eternity (as well as Infinity), emobiment of the sum total of all things in the universe and all time that was, is, and will be in the universe, was comatose, it was Galactus who HEALED ETERNITY. This is no small feat...again, Galactus REVIVED an abstract entity that represented the living emobidment of the universe and all time. If Galactus can revive Eternity from being comatose......what will simply stopping time do?

5. Galactus (Galan in specific) existed even before the concept of time was birthed into the current marvel universe.

thumb up

Galan007
By the singed ass-hairs of Vishanti, Strange has no chance. jr_erm01

Sundipped
Hell galactus destroys the planet they are fighting on. just to guarantee his win.

Galactus wins but he will have to do more than that to guarantee a win. Strange himself has destroyed planets and had shields to protect him from the explosion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
Galactus wins but he will have to do more than that to guarantee a win. Strange himself has destroyed planets and had shields to protect him from the explosion. galactus has destroyed star systems when he wasnt at full power. galactus wins and easily.

Burning thought
galactus has destroyed star systems when he wasnt at full power. galactus wins and easily.

OR strange lets off a time attack and freezes the big G, then has all the time in the universe to defeat him

quanchi112
OR strange lets off a time attack and freezes the big G, then has all the time in the universe to defeat him he cant freeze galactus. he really cant. so its pointless bringing it up.

Sundipped
galactus has destroyed star systems when he wasnt at full power. galactus wins and easily.

Damn Quanchi I said Big G wins. no expression
Just bringing up the fact that it'll take more than just blowing up the planet.

Burning thought
he cant freeze galactus. he really cant. so its pointless bringing it up.

its not been proven, until it is, its a capable scenario...all i want is a penal showing Galactus stopping someone from freezing time on him, or someone who has time powers and used them on him and it didnt work.

as i said, saying big G is "zomg super powerful cosmic being and has powers A and B so must be immune to D" does not work, in all his scenes hes been bashed, bumped and beaten in diffrent ways so his so called unlimited powers are not so it seems.

obviously those who take the perscpective of A, B so must be immune/have power C are unlikely to budge even without showing proof

Sundipped
OR strange lets off a time attack and freezes the big G, then has all the time in the universe to defeat him

Sorry but it will be no freezing of the Big G. Not time wise or cold wise.

Burning thought
Sorry but it will be no freezing of the Big G. Not time wise or cold wise.

its nice to say, but can it be proven?

i can randomly say, "its nice to say but Dr strange will immune and one hit big G" obviously because hes not rated so highly as big G he wont be accepted so much but its just as ludicrous without proof that your denying strange cant do anything to a being who has shown no ressitences

Utrigita
its not been proven, until it is, its a capable scenario...all i want is a penal showing Galactus stopping someone from freezing time on him, or someone who has time powers and used them on him and it didnt work.

as i said, saying big G is "zomg super powerful cosmic being and has powers A and B so must be immune to D" does not work, in all his scenes hes been bashed, bumped and beaten in diffrent ways so his so called unlimited powers are not so it seems.

obviously those who take the perscpective of A, B so must be immune/have power C are unlikely to budge even without showing proof

Sorry Burning Thought but what evidence have you showed to proof that a time freeze attack would work on a semi abstract level. Again how was this spell used against and under what circumstances?

And strange varies in power as well in one Comic he is repairing the Universe with a spell in the next he gets owned by a thief, so don't bring up bad showings because if one has varying power levels as well then its strange.

I would also like to know what defense strange has against:

This
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormbreaker0115ok6.jpg

ore this
http://img455.imageshack.us/my.php?image=h3pu4.jpg

ore this
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/6282/galactuspoweryk2.jpg
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2013/galactusshockwavedr2.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6125/galactusshockwave1oz9.jpg

Ore this

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/ Galactus%20Respect%20Thread%20II%20Energy%20Manipu
lation/004-TurnsTerraxintoaworm-FFv1211.jpg

I would like to note that all this feats are preformed when he was weak

Also I would like to bring forth a point about eternity and Infinity but I can see Tenebrous has done that already.

Maestro
Strange has a slight chance if he has every resource at hand, and at bloodlust he did destroy Shuma gorath in his realm which is a pretty mad feat in itself by using white and black magic, which he claimed he would never use again due the possible consequences. If he can use all his artifacts (including the darkhold) to their potential and get the backing of all those elder gods he could possibly pull off a win, but Galactus at 100% would probably smash him quite easily.

Burning thought
Sorry Burning Thought but what evidence have you showed to proof that a time freeze attack would work on a semi abstract level. Again how was this spell used against and under what circumstances?

And strange varies in power as well in one Comic he is repairing the Universe with a spell in the next he gets owned by a thief, so don't bring up bad showings because if one has varying power levels as well then its strange.

i didnt disagree strange has bad showings, also why is the burden of proof on me, through the link rotiart posted http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t452382.html

its proven he has an array of time pwoers regardless of who he used them on, he has them...ofcourse if theres a limit shown on his powers when hes used them on a being in the comics then ill concede, furthermore if theres a resistence big G has shown ill concede, if neither are shown then its simple assumptions A+B=D nonsense

thats the first piece of proof provided, now the burdon is on someone here to eithe show limit on stranges time powers over someone, OR Galactus' ressitence, simply "hes a higher tier" isnt good enough unless hes actually shown it, theres a few abstract beings but they dont all have the same abilities/strengths etc etc...Eternity still has protectors for example, none of them are fully omnipotent, i dont know about recently but wasnt Strange one of eternities protectors?

ime not conceding just because a bunch of people say "galactus is a higher tier he wins" or people with A+B comments, if theres no ressistence shown for G, no limit for Strange then its not 100% definate win for Galactus...theres a chance.

Sundipped
its nice to say, but can it be proven?

i can randomly say, "its nice to say but Dr strange will immune and one hit big G" obviously because hes not rated so highly as big G he wont be accepted so much but its just as ludicrous without proof that your denying strange cant do anything to a being who has shown no ressitences

The only instance I know of Strange stopping time was to repair some damage that was caused. Even then he himself couldn't move so what is it going to do anyway? An entity such as Galactus can't be affected by this. This is minimal power compared to what the time gem can do. If it's not on that level then it won't work.

Burning thought
The only instance I know of Strange stopping time was to repair some damage that was caused. Even then he himself couldn't move so what is it going to do anyway? An entity such as Galactus can't be affected by this. This is minimal power compared to what the time gem can do. If it's not on that level then it won't work.

follow that link, i think it shows a good few instances of him using time powers, also was the time gem used against Galactus and he was frozen? or was it used and it did not affect him? if its the latter then i concede.....someone must have the comic ofc to prove it with, OR if it was not used then its an assumption like any other

Sundipped
i didnt disagree strange has bad showings, also why is the burden of proof on me, through the link rotiart posted http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t452382.html

its proven he has an array of time pwoers regardless of who he used them on, he has them...ofcourse if theres a limit shown on his powers when hes used them on a being in the comics then ill concede, furthermore if theres a resistence big G has shown ill concede, if neither are shown then its simple assumptions A+B=D nonsense

thats the first piece of proof provided, now the burdon is on someone here to eithe show limit on stranges time powers over someone, OR Galactus' ressitence, simply "hes a higher tier" isnt good enough unless hes actually shown it, theres a few abstract beings but they dont all have the same abilities/strengths etc etc...Eternity still has protectors for example, none of them are fully omnipotent, i dont know about recently but wasnt Strange one of eternities protectors?

ime not conceding just because a bunch of people say "galactus is a higher tier he wins" or people with A+B comments, if theres no ressistence shown for G, no limit for Strange then its not 100% definate win for Galactus...theres a chance.

Galactus is also at 100% for this thread which means = to Eternity. Do u see Strange stoping Eternity with any time tricks?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Maestro
Strange has a slight chance if he has every resource at hand, and at bloodlust he did destroy Shuma gorath in his realm which is a pretty mad feat in itself by using white and black magic, which he claimed he would never use again due the possible consequences. If he can use all his artifacts (including the darkhold) to their potential and get the backing of all those elder gods he could possibly pull off a win, but Galactus at 100% would probably smash him quite easily.

If Stranger gets all his items then I find it only far that Galactus gets his items as well so lets not get there.

Burning thought
Galactus is also at 100% for this thread which means = to Eternity. Do u see Strange stoping Eternity with any time tricks?

Eternity is like the Emobodiment of time itself so no....

Galactus however is not...he is very diffrent, I.e as i said in that post all these abstract enttities ,although they have the same rank, thats one of the few things they have the same, they have many diffrences and powers

Burning thought
If Stranger gets all his items then I find it only far that Galactus gets his items as well so lets not get there.

well that depends, maybve Strange should be allowed all his items to make it more fair, unless your now saying this fight is fair already, then Galactus 10/10 does not excist

imo it certainly does not until proof can be given of Galactus' power over all battles hes given, especially against strange who ueses magic, a force quite foreign to him, as well as support powers like time stop. As i say however, proofs and ill concede, i do not actually have any care for any of these, only care for the debate at hand

Maestro

Yea I guess, but Strange using his artifacts is akin to the sun rising in the east, galactus doesn't use the UN on a regular basis, and wouldn't see it as necesarry to use it on strange as he sees him a low level threat.

Sundipped
follow that link, i think it shows a good few instances of him using time powers, also was the time gem used against Galactus and he was frozen? or was it used and it did not affect him? if its the latter then i concede.....someone must have the comic ofc to prove it with, OR if it was not used then its an assumption like any other

Most of it was just time travel. The other instance where Strange could move was against an ordinary human. I don't expect him to be able to move but this is Galactus at 100% were talking about.

Gotta take a look back at the Infinity series. I don't think it was the time gem that pwned the abstracts.

Utrigita

Sorry my bad but thought it was a link to his respect thread which is a mess.

He maximum was to stop time and reversing it and a lot of time travel and restoring a park are you using this to suggest that it would work against Galactus ohh the thief also in other instance he has commented that Freezing time wouldn't help against the foe.

To my knowlegde Galactus has faced the elders of the Universe which had the gems and if I remember correctly then the One with the Time Gem was powerless to stop Galactus. I can post the fight (if I can find it)

Utrigita
Originally posted by Maestro
Yea I guess, but Strange using his artifacts is akin to the sun rising in the east, galactus doesn't use the UN on a regular basis, and wouldn't see it as necesarry to use it on strange as he sees him a low level threat.

Do strange on a regular basis absorb Chaos energy???

This is what Galactus did because Korvac had visited his home while he was away.

http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfourannual2407xi4.jpg

Burning thought

He maximum was to stop time and reversing it and a lot of time travel and restoring a park are you using this to suggest that it would work against Galactus ohh the thief also in other instance he has commented that Freezing time wouldn't help against the foe.

To my knowlegde Galactus has faced the elders of the Universe which had the gems and if I remember correctly then the One with the Time Gem was powerless to stop Galactus. I can post the fight (if I can find it)

if its true strange said that about his time powers and it not helping him then i suppose i concede if he cannot use time powers on a lowly thief

Bad Ash231
Do strange on a regular basis absorb Chaos energy???

This is what Galactus did because Korvac had visited his home while he was away.

http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfourannual2407xi4.jpg

The Ultimate Nullifier actually fires the Omega Beams? ermmnone

Burning thought
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
The Ultimate Nullifier actually fires the Omega Beams? ermmnone

curious what are Omega beams, do they go at great speed? are they a type of energy?

Tenebrous

Yes that:s right actually he did face the elders and the `soul gems` were powerless against Galactus.

quanchi112
Yes that:s right actually he did face the elders and the `soul gems` were powerless against Galactus. good a scan to shut some people up. i knew a simple time freeze wouldnt work on big g.

Harry Fingerman
So dumb...

superbatman86
well that depends, maybve Strange should be allowed all his items to make it more fair, unless your now saying this fight is fair already, then Galactus 10/10 does not excist

imo it certainly does not until proof can be given of Galactus' power over all battles hes given, especially against strange who ueses magic, a force quite foreign to him, as well as support powers like time stop. As i say however, proofs and ill concede, i do not actually have any care for any of these, only care for the debate at hand Time has no meaning to him.He is beyond the concept of time.He is literally older that time.He exists beyond time and space(technically he is time and space from the previous universe).Time can't affect something that's not a part of it.

Utrigita
if its true strange said that about his time powers and it not helping him then i suppose i concede if he cannot use time powers on a lowly thief

No you misunderstood I said that he has faced other more severe Threads then the Thief and his reply was that his time based powers wouldn't do any good.

Utrigita
Yes that:s right actually he did face the elders and the `soul gems` were powerless against Galactus.

All the gems seperately is powerless against Galactus. that Includes Time. Only together did they manage to have a effect against him.

So shall we say again Galactus FTW big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.