My dog died today

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I guess need support from every which way possible.

This is really hard, even though I know someone is going to post something smartass.

All i can do is grieve

Murphy (golden retreiver)

April 22 1996 - October 2 2007

He was the best dog I've ever had.

And will always be, I'll never have a dog again, I just can't go through this anymore.

Reverend Axel
****, man, thats hard.

Me and your dog have the same birthday, though.

Kelly_Bean
Trust me not to say anything smartass in this thread because I experienced the same exact thing back in 2002 (she's in my profile). How did your dog die? I'm really sorry this had to happen to you and I hope you'll reconsider, someday, getting another animal because though nothing will ever amount to your dog Murphy, you'll see that you really need another pet as a companion, maybe not even a dog.

Strangelove
That's sad. sad

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by Strangelove
That's sad. sad Another smartass comment from Strangelove.

OB1-adobe
We took him in a couple of weeks ago cuz he was breathing kinda hard, and they gave us pills for him and everything. Then they said he had tumor on his testicle, so we got him nuetered. Before that he breathing better and was chipper and everything. But after the surgery he wouldn't eat, he was really weak, and got really skinny. So we took him in last night to get checked on. They said the tumor was benign, his blood work came back fine, but he had a little fluid in lungs. They thought it might had been a blood clot, they gave him some dieretics, and we were suppose to take him back on friday for another xray.

This morning my mom called me at work and told me he collapsed and wasn't breathing. I rushed home, and there he was on the floor, I grabbed him rush him to the vet (ran some red lights) got to the vet, and he checked him in a second and he was like "I'm sorry he's gone"

Kelly_Bean
cry That's really really sad. That's really similar to what I experienced...

lord xyz
crylaugh

Piggle Humsy
I lost one of my dogs recently and it was really tough.
Our other dog is still not coping with it.
It was very sudden and unexpected sad

I'm sorry for your loss petpet

WickedTexasMomA
Im sorry sweety.<3 its always rough to loose a friend.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
Another smartass comment from Strangelove.

****. ermm

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by Strangelove
ermm Jk.

TRH
Man that's sad,losing a dog is like losing a brother or sister,my deepest condolences and xyz go somewhere else cock sucker

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

This is really hard, even though I know someone is going to post something smartass.

All i can do is grieve

And will always be, I'll never have a dog again, I just can't go through this anymore. My dog Baron, a german shepherd/golden retriever mix, died in my arms when I was 20.

I am just now thinking of buying another.

Kelly_Bean
You need to die, xyz.

Your age DEFINATELY shows.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I hope you die, xyz.

TRH
You need to die, xyz.

Your age DEFINATELY shows.

Rogue Jedi

Kelly_Bean
OB1, may your dog's suffering be over and he be in a better place.

JacopeX
I am very sorry. I know how you feel. If I were to lose my puppy in anyway, especially from old age, I would really be crushed. Many meories huh? sad

Originally posted by lord xyz
crylaugh Oh shut up you immature little runt!

BobbyD
sad

You will (in time) get over it. Time will help you heal.

He's is now with God herding the flock. You will see him again. big grin

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by BobbyD
sad

He's is now with God herding the flock. You will see him again. big grin
Incorrect. He'll never fully get over the loss of his dog, he'll just heal and learn to cope. The dog will always have a place in his heart.

Reverend Axel
You need to die, xyz.

Your age DEFINATELY shows. That was a little over the top

BobbyD
Incorrect. He'll never fully get over the loss of his dog, he'll just heal and learn to cope. The dog will always have a place in his heart.

Everyone deals with loss/pain differently, Kel. You can't possibly say that with certainty.

Rogue Jedi
Everyone deals with loss/pain differently, Kel. You can't possibly say that with certainty. true.

Kelly_Bean
That was a little over the top

Uh...no?
Everyone deals with loss/pain differently, Kel. You can't possibly say that with certainty.
Exactly, so if I can't be certain over how he will cope with the healing process, then can you be?

Reverend Axel
Uh...no? To wish for someones life to be ended just because you don't agree with what they say on an internet forum. Yeah, I'd say its a little over the top.

Someone you don't really even know on a personal level. Listen, I hate XYZ as much as the next member, but I would never wish his death, because thats something you just don't do.

Kelly_Bean
To wish for someones life to be ended just because you don't agree with what they say on an internet forum. Yeah, I'd say its a little over the top.

Someone you don't really even know on a personal level. Listen, I hate XYZ as much as the next member, but I would never wish his death, because thats something you just don't do.

Taking things so lightly over the internet definately makes me think you're taking the internet way too serious, bubba.

JacopeX
I am very sorry. I know how you feel. If I were to lose my puppy in anyway, especially from old age, I would really be crushed. Many meories huh? sad

crylaugh Oh shut up you immature little runt!

Rogue Jedi
hehehehe....runt.

JacopeX
Taking things so lightly over the internet definately makes me think you're taking the internet way too serious, bubba. He is clearly not. It is the life of a dog that he is serious about.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by JacopeX

Oh shut up you immature little runt!
Why did you repost that twice?

Reverend Axel
Taking things so lightly over the internet definately makes me think you're taking the internet way too serious, bubba. I think you need to read my post again.

BobbyD
Uh...no?

Exactly, so if I can't be certain over how he will cope with the healing process, then can you be?

Kel, it's not HOW he will recover; it's that he WILL recover.

Rogue Jedi

JacopeX
sad

He's is now with God herding the flock. You will see him again. big grin Of course he will. How can you not? That show that yo ucan never move on in life, which is pretty much the wrong way to go....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kelly_Bean
I think you need to read my post again.
I never said I wished he would kill over, I just said he needed to. laughing out loud
Are you certain that this spot in his heart will fully heal over time?

Reverend Axel
I never said I wished he would kill over, I just said he needed to. laughing out loud

Now you're just splitting hairs.

BobbyD

Are you certain that this spot in his heart will fully heal over time?

Yes. ...amount of time differs for each person based on many variables. He will never forget his dog, but that has nothing to deal with healing.

BobbyD
Originally posted by JacopeX
Of course he will. How can you not? That show that yo ucan never move on in life, which is pretty much the wrong way to go....roll eyes (sarcastic)

My argument is not with you, silly.

Shuuush. stick out tongue

Kelly_Bean
Yes. ...amount of time differs for each person based on many variables. He will never forget his dog, but that has nothing to deal with healing.
Wrong, sir, you cannot be certain over another person's feelings.

Vathu
Taking things so lightly over the internet definately makes me think you're taking the internet way too serious, bubba.

Didn't you know?

The Internet is Serious Business.

BobbyD
Wrong, sir, you cannot be certain over another person's feelings.

Kel, I'm going to end this debate, for two reasons: a) this is not the thread, b) I'm significantly older than you, and have lost much more as result of being on this planet longer and thus healed more...real life experiences have taught me such.

a) Is not a fact.

b) Is.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Vathu
Didn't you know?

The Internet is Serious Business. especialy here in the OTF, right? wink

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Vathu
Didn't you know?

The Internet is Serious Business.
I KNOW!!!!
Kel, I'm going to end this debate, for two reasons: a) this is not the thread, b) I'm significantly older than you, and have lost much more as result of being on this planet longer and thus healed more...real life experiences have taught me such.

a) Is not a fact.

b) Is.
Your age has nothing to do with anything, grandpa. laughing out loud We all have our share of stories.

OB1-adobe
My dad just talked to the vet, he said it more likely he had a blood clot in his lung, and broke off to his brain, or heart.

We're having him cremated, and we cut off some of his hair that will go into a picture frame with his picture in it.

We did the samething for two cocker spaniels we used to have.

How old was your dog Kelly, and what happened if you don't mind sharing?

Reverend Axel
My dog was 11 when we put her down last year. Get drunk, it helps.

Also, before they put her down, they took an imprint of her paw and put it in this clay heart that I have on my desk. Its a neat little memory

SelphieT
I know how hard it is, to get over losing a pet. It's terrible.

I remember when my first dog, Suzie died. I cried three days straight, literally.

If you need any help, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me, I know how it feels. I hope things get better for you.

BobbyD

Your age has nothing to do with anything, grandpa. laughing out loud

Understand you will, young jedi. One day, errr.

starwars

Kelly_Bean
Gosh that's really sad..animals and people alike shouldn't have to deal with such harsh things.

My dog was 12-13 years old. She was, like your dog, one of the best dogs anyone could ever have. Up until her last week of life she was a fantastic, lively, generous, loving dog and we're not sure if it was old age or a disease but she just gradually started decreasing in health. She stopped eating, defacating everywhere (though she was trained), did nothing but laze around. We took her to the vet and by that time they said that she was barely alive, her heart was barely beating. That whole day I had been carrying her around in a blanket I used to have as a baby. My mother took off early from work to come home, she and I sat outside with her and I had Casey (that was my dog's name) in my lap as Mom painted the gravestone. I'll never forget that day, ever. My Mom just couldn't take her to the vet with me so my Grandmother and I did it and when we got there they shaved a little piece of fur from her leg, gave her a euthanasia shot, and took a stethescope to listen to a heartbeat. She was gone. They wrapped her back up in my baby blanket, handed her to me and we took her home. I still have the piece of fur they shaved off and her collar with her nametag on it. One thing I remember distinctly was arriving home and saying our last farewells. I was standing just off our porch by our back door and I was holding Casey up (as if she were a real baby) and I remember the sun shining on her face the wind blowing her feathery blonde hair.

Sorry I typed a story up. smile

Rogue Jedi
Gosh that's really sad..animals and people alike shouldn't have to deal with such harsh things.

My dog was 12-13 years old. She was, like your dog, one of the best dogs anyone could ever have. Up until her last week of life she was a fantastic, lively, generous, loving dog and we're not sure if it was old age or a disease but she just gradually started decreasing in health. She stopped eating, defacating everywhere (though she was trained), did nothing but laze around. We took her to the vet and by that time they said that she was barely alive, her heart was barely beating. That whole day I had been carrying her around in a blanket I used to have as a baby. My mother took off early from work to come home, she and I sat outside with her and I had Casey (that was my dog's name) in my lap as Mom painted the gravestone. I'll never forget that day, ever. My Mom just couldn't take her to the vet with me so my Grandmother and I did it and when we got there they shaved a little piece of fur from her leg, gave her a euthanasia shot, and took a stethescope to listen to a heartbeat. She was gone. They wrapped her back up in my baby blanket, handed her to me and we took her home. I still have the piece of fur they shaved off and her collar with her nametag on it. One thing I remember distinctly was arriving home and saying our last farewells. I was standing just off our porch by our back door and I was holding Casey up (as if she were a real baby) and I remember the sun shining on her face the wind blowing her feathery blonde hair.

Sorry I typed a story up. smile I have a similar sad story. sad

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I have a similar sad story. sad
Yeah...she was my best friend ever. She followed me EVERYWHERE. If anyone tried to touch me she'd bite at their ankles and/or growl. Whenever I'd come home from school she'd always jump up and down because she was so happy to see me. I miss her...

Rogue Jedi
Yeah...she was my best friend ever. She followed me EVERYWHERE. If anyone tried to touch me she'd bite at their ankles and/or growl. Whenever I'd come home from school she'd always jump up and down because she was so happy to see me. I miss her... Baron was bought when I was like 10. in his latter years, he developed chronic arthritis in his back hips, as a lot of shepherds do. well, my dad took him to live with him, taking him to the vet when needed for cortizone shots.

once, I was supposed to meet my dad at his house to help him with something. I was sitting there, waiting for my dad to come home, and Baron looked over at me. he stood up, lumbered over to me, and laid in my lap. I figured he just wanted attention, so I started petting his belly. then, he just stopped breathing and died. I sat there, unbelieving. my stepmom tried to take him away from me, but I wouldnt let her. finally, an hour later, my dad drives up. he walks up, our eyes meet, and he realized. we both started crying and took him out to a nice spot in the woods and buried him.

Reverend Axel
Wow, you guys have some sad stories. You should make your own threads.

Rogue Jedi

****. my dad, who never cries, letting the tears flow freely.

BackFire
Sorry man.

My dog of 15 years died two years ago, and it was excruciatingly sad.

Still miss her.

Impediment
It's always hard when a friend dies. I took it very hard when my cat, Bullet, had to be put down because of feline leukemia. He was the best cat I ever had, and I miss him still to this day.

Sorry for your loss.

Rogue Jedi
amazing the bonds we form with our pets. Baron actually saved my life once.

Kelly_Bean
Baron was bought when I was like 10. in his latter years, he developed chronic arthritis in his back hips, as a lot of shepherds do. well, my dad took him to live with him, taking him to the vet when needed for cortizone shots.

once, I was supposed to meet my dad at his house to help him with something. I was sitting there, waiting for my dad to come home, and Baron looked over at me. he stood up, lumbered over to me, and laid in my lap. I figured he just wanted attention, so I started petting his belly. then, he just stopped breathing and died. I sat there, unbelieving. my stepmom tried to take him away from me, but I wouldnt let her. finally, an hour later, my dad drives up. he walks up, our eyes meet, and he realized. we both started crying and took him out to a nice spot in the woods and buried him.
Wow, yeah I had Casey since I was 5-6, I still have a picture of her the day right after I got her sitting in my lap at my Granny's. cry Your story is so sad! Is arthritus in pets really bad enough to kill them or was it something else? Back in 2002 my Dad cried as well when this was all going on. I was sitting right here about a week or two before we had to euthanize(sp?) her and Casey was in her usual spot in the floor (remember wherever I go, she went) near the doorway and she was already sick and deteriorating by then. Dad came in and hugged me and we both started crying. That was one of the saddest periods of my entire life.

Actually I believe my story about Casey is on here in a thread of my own somewhere, but I'm not sure if the search button would do me any good.

WrathfulDwarf

All i can do is grieve

And will always be, I'll never have a dog again, I just can't go through this anymore.

Sorry to hear your lost. Keep the memories with you all the time.

SelphieT

My dog Suzie also saved me from certain doom when I was very little. Nearly fell down a creek, and she was there, helping me climb up the creek's sides.

TRH
Once again my condolences

BackFire
Originally posted by SelphieT
My dog Suzie also saved me from certain doom when I was very little. Nearly fell down a creek, and she was there, helping me climb up the creek's sides.

Wow. My dog's name was also Suzie.

SelphieT
Originally posted by BackFire
Wow. My dog's name was also Suzie.

Black Lab!? eek!

JacopeX
My argument is not with you, silly.

Shuuush. stick out tongue But that was not directly at you just for the record.

BackFire
Originally posted by SelphieT
Black Lab!? eek!

Nah, Westie.

Rogue Jedi
I am SO gonna buy another shepherd, pedigree, and name him Baron.

Kelly_Bean
I want a St Bernard first.

SelphieT
Originally posted by BackFire
Nah, Westie.

Ah man........

We could have had soul mate dogs.

lord xyz
Originally posted by TRH
Man that's sad,losing a dog is like losing a brother or sister,my deepest condolences and xyz go somewhere else cock sucker Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
You need to die, xyz.

Your age DEFINATELY shows. Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by TRH
*******. Originally posted by JacopeX

Oh shut up you immature little runt! Originally posted by JacopeX

Oh shut up you immature little runt! Wow.

I don't show compassion, and your hatred explodes! I mean really, it's sad how instead of taking that as a joke, you bitched at me. The way you reacted lowers your own respect aswell as mine.

If any of you were mature enough, you wouldn't have taken my comment as serious as you did. What do you take me for?

TRH
Wow.

I don't show compassion, and your hatred explodes! I mean really, it's sad how instead of taking that as a joke, you bitched at me. The way you reacted lowers your own respect aswell as mine.

If any of you were mature enough, you wouldn't have taken my comment as serious as you did. What do you take me for? Yeah hatred,**** you

lord xyz
Originally posted by TRH
Yeah hatred,**** you Getting emotional now?

Grinning Goku

All i can do is grieve

So sorry, man. Shit like this is never easy. May he rest in peace.

TRH
Getting emotional now? shrugherbfu

Kelly_Bean
There's a difference between not showing any compassion and being a douche bag and posting the laughing smilie..it just makes you seem like a really low person.

lord xyz
Originally posted by TRH
shrugherbfu laughing out loud

There's a difference between not showing any compassion and being a douche bag and posting the laughing smilie..it just makes you seem like a really low person. ...That was the idea.

Leo.M
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Its tough when they die.

FallenxAngel
Sorry for your loss. My dog died about 2 years ago. She had bad athsma. sad

BobbyD

It's becasue they are creatures of unconditional love. They don't care if you're fat, stupid, funny looking, pepetually grouchy/angry. They love you no matter, as you long as you provide them.

...is why sometimes people grieve more for losing a pet than a loved one.

Rogue Jedi
indeed. a dog wants only to be loved.

Bardock42
****, man, thats hard.

Me and your dog have the same birthday, though. Had.

LoneUnknown
I'm sorry for your loss, I have a dog and she's my best friend and I know it will pain me so much when she passes away. You'll always miss your dog but it will get easier in time hug

OB1-adobe
It's becasue they are creatures of unconditional love. They don't care if you're fat, stupid, funny looking, pepetually grouchy/angry. They love you no matter, as you long as you provide them.

...is why sometimes people grieve more for losing a pet than a loved one.

He really brightned up my day every day. He was just a lovable piece of sunshine full of unconditional love. It was really hard to watch him deterioate the way he did.

ladygrim
sad im sorry i know how you feel even although it was a pet it like a great piece of life been ripped away ... my dog died 2 months ago and i still well up at the thought of him

BobbyD
He really brightned up my day every day. He was just a lovable piece of sunshine full of unconditional love. It was really hard to watch him deterioate the way he did.

Sure.

And think of how happy he was to see YOU everyday, even on his WORST (last) days. You were there for him, and that's all that mattered to him.
wink

Baylin

All i can do is grieve

Big sympathies mate. I know what it's like to lose a dog and I also have a 13 year old Golden Lab whose hips are just about shot. I don't think I have much time left with him, so I know that soon I'll be feeling the same way again sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.