How would Sidious, keep Vader in line?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Count Makashi
Lets say that Padme still died and Anakin defeated Obi-Wan and didn't lost his body parts, meaning he has his full potential to fulfil. Now i am asking, how would Sidious keep Anakin under control, when he would fulfil his full potential. We know that he planed to betray Sidious even in ROTS, he says to Padme, - I'm more powerful then the Chancellor, i can overthrow him and we can rule the Galaxy, make things how we wont them to be- (something like that, don't have time to look for the real quote), not to mention OT Vader, who secretly planed to overthrow the Emperor. The only reason he didn't do anything, because he couldn't do it alone, Sidious was more powerful then him, that's why he wanted Lukes help.
But we also know, that Sidious wants power, more then anything, he never wanted to share it, he wanted to rule for ever. And he also knows, that Anakin has the biggest potential ever, even more then him.

But in this Scenario, Anakin fulfils his full potential, meaning he becomes allot more powerful then Sidious. So, i am asking, whats stooping Anakin to kill Sidious, because one day he would ask himself,- Wait a minute, why do i take orders from a weaker person, which i can destroy easily.
And why would Sidious take an Apprentice who would become so much more powerful then him and we and he knows the Sith are. (treacherous, backstabbing...) And Sidious didn't want, what happened to Anakin on Mustafar, he was clearly upset what happened to Anakin.

So, how will Sidious keep Anakin in line, (knowing full well, that the Apprentice wants to become the Master), if Anakin is more powerful.

Its just seems a stupid mistake on Sidiouses part, to me.

tulakhordpwns
I am pretty sure Sidious would betray and kill Vader the second he sensed Vader becoming more powerful than himself.

Violent2Dope
By unzipping his pants, and showing him "The Force".

Blue_Hefner
Vader would kill him like he did in the ROTS game

Melcórë
IMHO, it seems (from the dialogue spoken between Palpatine/Sidious and Yoda in the film) that he fully expected and anxiously awaited the hour when Vader would strike him down and assume the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith.

In his original plan, Palpatine/Sidious had no inclination to even consider leashing Vader - he wanted him to usurp the throne, if only when he was truly ready.

Darth Scythe
I think Sith apprentices for the most part keep themselves in line. They kind of need to, to learn all the ways of the Sith knowledge. If they get out of line and rebel, they just become dark jedi and not true Sith. If they kill their master too soon, they don't know enough Sith practices.

Only when they learn everything they can, then they kill their masters. At least thats my take on it.

Melcórë
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
I think Sith apprentices for the most part keep themselves in line. They kind of need to, to learn all the ways of the Sith knowledge. If they get out of line and rebel, they just become dark jedi and not true Sith. If they kill their master too soon, they don't know enough Sith practices.

Only when they learn everything they can, then they kill their masters. At least thats my take on it.

Yeah....what you said. stick out tongue

Still, I do think Palpatine/Sidious underestimated Vader - he believed that he had fallen fully and that he would be a servant until the time was right to challenge his master.

Personally, I don't believe Anakin would have done this if he had survived the attack on Mustafar in a more substantial manner than he did. He would have struck down Palpatine/Sidious in his anger, and probably have led the galaxy into a state of turmoil far surpassing that of what was during the Galactic Empire.

Darth Scythe
Sort if like what'll happen if Jacen gets his way.... in galactic turmoil that is.

Violent2Dope
Vader in ROTS would have been destroyed by Sidious.

((The_Anomaly))

ThoraxeRMG
I think Vader kept himself in line.

Sesse
Stupid sidious should have cloned Anakin.

After 20 years he would have had a noncrippled sith with a perfect character.

"Dimwit Darth Sidious is. That much clear has become..." -Yoda-

darthsith19
Well, Vader wanted to go kill Sidious after he returned from Mustafar. So he would have fought Sidious right then, would have lost, would have died, and Sidious would have had to get a new apprentice. (Asajj Ventress? A'Sharad Hett, perhaps? Mara Jade or one of his other Dark Hands?) Or else, Sidious would have just defeated Anakin and then tortured him so that Vader would never attack him again, that might work. If Vader waited until he reached his FP to atatck Sidious, Sidious would be f*cked.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
This is very true. Sidious wanted Anakin to become powerful enough to destroy him, that's how the Sith work. Which is why after Anakin gets injured Palpatine was not happy that Vader never would suprass him which is why he wanted Luke to kill Anakin in ROTJ, because Luke could become what Vader never did and Palpatine wanted it.

No, Sidious never wanted to give up his rule, he wanted to rule forever, that's why he had his Clone bodies created, so when he died, his spirit would be transported to a Clone body and he would do this forever( in his plan, at least). Palpatine never intended, to be replaced by an Apprentice, or anyone else, he feared losing power, more then anything. That is what i don't get, we know he was angry at what happened to Anakin on Mustafar, so why would he take an Apprentice that could become so much more powerful then him and could kill him and take that power away from him. Shouldn't he be happy, what happened to Anakin on Mustafar?
It just seems a stupid move, from Sidious, to take an Apprentice, who would become more powerful then him.

Gideon
It's not really that complicated. When Sidious ensnared Anakin, the knowledge of transferring one's essence eluded him; he wasn't aware of it. As far as he was concerned, the only way to achieve immortality was through Plagueis's lost teachings. Resigning himself to waiting until he and Anakin could rediscover it, he accepted the fact that Anakin may one day surpass him and kill him.

Only when Sidious discovered that the application of science and ancient Force knowledge could lead to immortality did he abandon his willingness to die for the Sith cause.

Antaeus
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
I am pretty sure Sidious would betray and kill Vader the second he sensed Vader becoming more powerful than himself.

From ep. 3: Sidious does know that Vader will become more powerful than himself. He said that - Before Vader lost his fight against Obi-Wan.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Vader in ROTS would have been destroyed by Sidious. Not necessarily in saber combat. Anakin was much stronger than Sidious and I'm sure naturally (not aided by the force) than Sidious, so if he engaged him in saber combat, Sidious might not have the time to pull off a force attack...however if he did, then yes, Anakin would be screwed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.