Scathan Vs. Thanos with the Infinity Gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rorschach
So, I'm thinking that Scathan wins this?

norrinradd43
Scathan never wins this

vlaaad12345
I dont see how a celestial can be stronger then eternity...

quanchi112
scathan wins here.

guy222
Originally posted by Rorschach
So, I'm thinking that Scathan wins this?

Scathan the Approver FTW

vlaaad12345
Marvel really confuses me sometimes,how is a aspect of eternity supposed to be stronger then eternity...

guy222
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
I dont see how a celestial can be stronger then eternity...

In GOTG, Scathan helped contain Protege. Protege was said to be the most powerful being(Earth-691). He's an ant compared to Scathan. Not Eternity, Galactus, Hawkgod, and Beyonder did anything against the godlike Protege

quanchi112
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Marvel really confuses me sometimes,how is a aspect of eternity supposed to be stronger then eternity... comics contradict each other all the time.

CaptainStoic
It isn't and Eternity was beaten by The Gauntlet if anyone cares to remember. Thanos would beat the hell out of Scathan and the rest of the Celestials. here we go again......... sigh!

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by guy222
In GOTG, Scathan helped contain Protege. Protege was said to be the most powerful being(Earth-691). He's an ant compared to Scathan. Not Eternity, Galactus, Hawkgod, and Beyonder did anything against the godlike Protege
GOTG?

Harry Fingerman
Guardians Of The Galaxy

quanchi112
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
It isn't and Eternity was beaten by The Gauntlet if anyone cares to remember. Thanos would beat the hell out of Scathan and the rest of the Celestials. here we go again......... sigh! scathan is around lt level and above eternity. read the guardians of the galaxy.

quanchi112
In GOTG, Scathan helped contain Protege. Protege was said to be the most powerful being(Earth-691). He's an ant compared to Scathan. Not Eternity, Galactus, Hawkgod, and Beyonder did anything against the godlike Protege scathan is more than eternity. ur right guy he is uber uber uber.

CaptainStoic
The infinity Gauntlet is more than Eternity as well Quanchi. And how can a being that is assumed to be made by Eternity, be greater than Eternity? This would make Eternity a moron would it not? Look whatever, Thanos will beat him like he did the others in The Infinity Gauntlet, or do you believe that Scathan could defeat... here we go again.... Eternity, Chaos, Order, Mephisto, Galactus, Many Celestials, Death, Kronos, the Stranger, Epoch... etc...etc... I already know the answer, and it is NO. The Beyonder said that Scathan is "ONE of the greatest Celestials", he never said that he was the Greatest Celestial.

Thanos IG FTW 10/10 times.

quanchi112
The infinity Gauntlet is more than Eternity as well Quanchi. And how can a being that is assumed to be made by Eternity, be greater than Eternity? This would make Eternity a moron would it not? Look whatever, Thanos will beat him like he did the others in The Infinity Gauntlet, or do you believe that Scathan could defeat... here we go again.... Eternity, Chaos, Order, Mephisto, Galactus, Many Celestials, Death, Kronos, the Stranger... eyc...etc... I already know the answer, and it is NO. The Beyonder said that Scathan is "ONE of the greatest Celestials", he never said that he was the Greatest Celestial.

Thanos IG FTW 10/10 times. the ig was neevr at lts level. scathan was. he defeated the multiversal threat like nothing.

lt and scathan>ig

guy222
The infinity Gauntlet is more than Eternity as well Quanchi. And how can a being that is assumed to be made by Eternity, be greater than Eternity? This would make Eternity a moron would it not? Look whatever, Thanos will beat him like he did the others in The Infinity Gauntlet, or do you believe that Scathan could defeat... here we go again.... Chaos, Order, Mephisto, Galactus, Many Celestials, Death, Kronos, the Stranger... eyc...etc... I already know the answer, and it is NO. The Beyonder said that Scathan is "ONE of the greatest Celestials", he never said that he was the Greatest Celestial.

Thanos IG FTW 10/10 times.

If Scathan operates on Living Tribunal lvl. He's above the IG

Tiamut is the greatest Celestial(Earth-616)

quanchi112
If Scathan operates on Living Tribunal lvl. He's above the IG

Tiamut is the greatest Celestial(Earth-616) i agree and fully believe that scathan is above the ig.

Bol Gath
Thanos with the IG would spank Scathan. Seriously, There's only 3 things greater than the IG, and Scathan isn't one of them.

here you go, the 3 things/beings more powerful than the IG is:
1. TOAA
2. THOTU
3. LT

CaptainStoic
Show me the feats not the heresay, prove to me that Scathan can beat Thanos with the Infinty Gauntlet, prove to me that he can beat the guys that Thanos put down in less than 10 pages of a comic. Show me where it states that even the Living Tribunal was greater than Thanos with the IG, because Warlock did not fight him for his own reasons, it never stated on panel that LT was greater he said that he represented forces that dwarf even Warlocks might, and asked Warlock if he wanted to pursue the destruction of reality, Warlock not being that type of character conceeded to LT because if he pursued it he would be no different thn the mad Titan that he tried to stop in the first place. Prove it all please, because Thanos in the Infinity arcs did not say anything about Scathan, as a matter of fact he took down a few Celestials. Heres a question for your logic. If you were at war with a dominant force would you send your weakest soldiers to face the enemy or your top guns? Where the hell was Scathan at? Prove it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bol Gath
Thanos with the IG would spank Scathan. Seriously, There's only 3 things greater than the IG, and Scathan isn't one of them.

here you go, the 3 things/beings more powerful than the IG is:
1. TOAA
2. THOTU
3. LT heres how i rate things.

1thanos with the heart
2lt/scathan(dont know who is tougher really)
3ig

i dont rate TOAA becuz it isnt an actual character but symbolizes the writers themselves.

quanchi112
Show me the feats not the heresay, prove to me that Scathan can beat Thanos with the Infinty Gauntlet, prove to me that he can beat the guys that Thanos put down in less than 10 pages of a comic. Show me where it states that even the Living Tribunal was greater than Thanos with the IG, because Warlock did not fight him for his own reasons, it never stated on panel that LT was greater he said that he represented forces that dwarf even Warlocks might, and asked Warlock if he wanted to pursue the destruction of reality, Warlock not being that type of character conceeded to LT because if he pursued it he would be no different thn the mad Titan that he tried to stop in the first place. Prove it all please, because Thanos in the Infinity arcs did not say anything about Scathan, as a matter of fact he took down a few Celestials. Heres a question for your logic. If you were at war with a dominant force would you send your weakest soldiers to face the enemy or your top guns? Where the hell was Scathan at? Prove it. scathan only appeared in one story. he was at lt level who is above the ig.

look at the scan and the lt doesnt lie.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/WarlockInfinityWatch01-08.jpg

tkitna
I'm pretty sure that LT is above Scathan as Scathan does his bidding.

I also believe that Thanos with the Gauntlet would beat Scathan.

tkitna
Originally posted by quanchi112
scathan only appeared in one story. he was at lt level who is above the ig.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/WarlockInfinityWatch01-08.jpg

"Another Assertion yet to be proven" said by Warlock. Maybe you need to look at the scan again Quanchi.

CaptainStoic
Quanchi, I have the comic, I know what it says, and Warlock say what? Another Assertion yet to be proven... Whomever holds the Infinty Gauntlet has the power to discern Bullshit, it looked a lot like Warlock was calling LT's bluff.... I repeat Warlock allowed himself to be stripped of the power. You did not prove one thing bro, you just confirmed that of which I brought to light. LT vs The Infinty Gauntlet is uncertain, and no one should ever state that LT was greater unless the actual fight took place and Warlock was layed low by LT's so called superior force. LT is above Scathan. Just like Warlock with the IG is.... if Scathan was in that Cosmic Council meeting he too would have been blown away with all of the rest of the weaker powers there including Eternity. Warlock shrugged and detroyed them, just imagine what he would do if he focussed on Scathan.

guy222
Originally posted by tkitna
I'm pretty sure that LT is above Scathan as Scathan does his bidding.

I also believe that Thanos with the Gauntlet would beat Scathan.

LT's boss(TOAA) is the only one above him

None of us can deny Scathan helping LT defeat Protege

Is LT above Scathan the Approver. LT and Celestials are my two favorite characters. I would say yes

IMO, Scathan is above an IG wielder

guy222
scathan only appeared in one story. he was at lt level who is above the ig.

Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1. Own the book also. Adam's greatest time. He 'destroyed' the cosmics. With a snap of his finger, Living Tribunal brought em back

quanchi112
Quanchi, I have the comic, I know what it says, and Warlock say what? Another Assertion yet to be proven... Whomever holds the Infinty Gauntlet has the power to discern Bullshit, it looked a lot like Warlock was calling LT's bluff.... I repeat Warlock allowed himself to be stripped of the power. You did not prove one thing bro, you just confirmed that of which I brought to light. LT vs The Infinty Gauntlet is uncertain, and no one should ever state that LT was greater unless the actual fight took place and Warlock was layed low by LT's so called superior force. LT is above Scathan. Just like Warlock with the IG is.... if Scathan was in that Cosmic Council meeting he too would have been blown away with all of the rest of the weaker powers there including Eternity. Warlock shrugged and detroyed them, just imagine what he would do if he focussed on Scathan. lt undid what warlock did? warlock was like wtf. and again lt doesnt lie and wasnt bluffing. warlock backed down not the other way around. scathan again was in one sotry and looked pretty damn amazing as he defeated the protege.

quanchi112
Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1. Own the book also. Adam's greatest time. He 'destroyed' the cosmics. With a snap of his finger, Living Tribunal brought em back lt could undo what warlock did just like that.

lt>ig

Harry Fingerman
http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1188245237-1186823319566.jpg

CaptainStoic
Just because Scathan is one of your favorites does not mean that he can beat Thanos with the Infinity gauntlet, it only proves that you hold a biased opinion on the matter nothing more. That's like me saying that because Pitt is one of my favorite characters that he would defeat Galactus, which would be total BS. Could it be that the Infinity Gauntlet could stalemate LT forever? I'd say right now that a fight between the two would be like comparing a true irresistible force against a true unstoppable object.... who would win? the answer is neither.

quanchi112
Just because Scathan is one of your favorites does not mean that he can beat Thanos with the Infinity gauntlet, it only proves that you hold a biased opinion on the matter nothing more. That's like me saying that because Pitt is one of my favorite characters that he would defeat Galactus, which would be total BS. Could it be that the Infinity Gauntlet could stalemate LT forever? I'd say right now that a fight between the two would be like comparing a true irresistible force against a true against a true unstoppable object.... who would win? the answer is neither. thanos is my favorite. scathan isnt close. i call it how i see it. thats the diff. he is around lt whom i believe is above the ig as well. connect the dots and ull have ur answer.

the lt made the gems cease to work. and the lt said he represented forces that dwarfed his might. u calling lt abluffer?

laughing

really there is nothing out there that says the ig is more than the lt. nothing.

the heart trumped lt and is above all other powerups.

CaptainStoic
Warlock allowed the LT to stop the Gems from working in Unison Quanchi... do you own the book or are you running back and forth to the respect threads? It was Warlock that let himself be duped because he realized that a battle betweent he two would be a never ending one. tell me one thing okay whats the difference between these two words: Omniscient, and Omniscient? Can you see the slight difference? NO well neither do I.

quanchi112
Warlock allowed the LT to stop the Gems from working in Unison Quanchi... do you own the book or are you running back and forth to the respect threads? It was Warlock that let himself be duped because he realized that a battle betweent he two would be a never ending one. tell me one thing okay whats the difference between these two words: Omniscient, and Omniscient? Can you see the slight difference? NO well neither do I. yes i know this. he allowed it becuz he didnt want to doom all reality to a battle between them. but the fact remains that the lt could render them useless and undid everything warlock did just like that and shocked the shit outta him. sorry but the lt is above the ig. now quit with ur speculations. l

CaptainStoic
Your claims are without proof Quanchi, you can not think in that head of yours that LT was greater because it was not on panel, therefore it can not be counted as a win. I seriously hope not because this would mean that you were deluded. Just remember one thing Quanchi, never let your senses see anything that they did not. The IG vs LT is not what this thread is about. It about how Scathan would be destroyed by a power above his. Tell you what, why don't you make a thread called; Scathan vs all of these guys:

1) Galactus
2) Eternity
3) Epoch
4) Love
5) Hate
6) Kronos
7) Death
8) Mephisto
9) Order
10) Chaos
11) Three celestials of your Choice Excluding Scathan
And see how far you get. Oh! and throw in all of the earth based heroes and the Ultimate nullifier. You know just for kicks.

tkitna
lt could undo what warlock did just like that.

lt>ig

This means nothing. They could have went back and forth all day long. Although I believe LT wins in that tug of war, we dont know because they never unleashed their power at each other.

And how do you percieve that Warlock backed down?

Rorschach
Interesting.

Mr Master
Warlock allowed the LT to stop the Gems from working in Unison

"Allowed?"

Warlock was Ordered by the LT to give uo the IG, and Warlock obeyed.

Quanchi... do you own the book or are you running back and forth to the respect threads?

It's not as bad as posting ill-founded info imo.

It was Warlock that let himself be duped because he realized that a battle betweent he two would be a never ending one.

Where is it stated,
that Warlock let himself be duped because the battle would be a "never ending one?"

LT is more powerful than the IG, on panel and in the offical Marvel bios.

There's no arguing this, and yea, I gots the proof if it's needed.

Mr Master
Scathan wins in a curbstomp.

Scathan is no ordinary Celestial, he was in someway connected to TOAA.

Scathan >>> LT (On Panel and in LT's own Bio)

LT >>> IG

llagrok
Your claims are without proof Quanchi, you can not think in that head of yours that LT was greater because it was not on panel, therefore it can not be counted as a win. I seriously hope not because this would mean that you were deluded. Just remember one thing Quanchi, never let your senses see anything that they did not. The IG vs LT is not what this thread is about. It about how Scathan would be destroyed by a power above his. Tell you what, why don't you make a thread called; Scathan vs all of these guys:

1) Galactus
2) Eternity
3) Epoch
4) Love
5) Hate
6) Kronos
7) Death
8) Mephisto
9) Order
10) Chaos
And see how far you get. Oh! and throw in all of the earth based heroes and the Ultimate nullifier. You know just for kicks.

You just made that list up.

starlock
Thanos IG for the win

celestialdemon
Thanos wins this. I need to see Scathan actually defeat someone the LT couldn't before I rank him that high. And don't tell me "he beat Protege". The LT, Eternity, or anyone else didn't lay a hand on him before Scathan hooded him like a falcon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Thanos wins this. I need to see Scathan actually defeat someone the LT couldn't before I rank him that high. And don't tell me "he beat Protege". The LT, Eternity, or anyone else didn't lay a hand on him before Scathan hooded him like a falcon. why bring scathan if u didnt need him. the power he displayed there was outstanding.

celestialdemon
why bring scathan if u didnt need him. the power he displayed there was outstanding.

Why was anyone else there besides the LT? Their power pales in comparison to his. Why would he need them, also?

llagrok
Why was anyone else there besides the LT? Their power pales in comparison to his. Why would he need them, also?

I think you know the answer to that question.

Why would the LT bring in Scathan if he didn't need him?

quanchi112
Why was anyone else there besides the LT? Their power pales in comparison to his. Why would he need them, also? scathans actions prove he was needed. no one else did a thing to stop the protege except scathan.

scathan was needed.

Kutulu
Thanos wins this. I need to see Scathan actually defeat someone the LT couldn't before I rank him that high. And don't tell me "he beat Protege". The LT, Eternity, or anyone else didn't lay a hand on him before Scathan hooded him like a falcon.

Scathan beat Protege where LT could not. Scathan was called the greatest of the Celestials. This is why people hold Scathan in such high regard, is that he did something LT himself was unable to do.

celestialdemon
scathans actions prove he was needed. no one else did a thing to stop the protege except scathan.

scathan was needed.

No one else tried to do anything, including the LT. Saying that Scathan easily defeated a being that the LT couldn't is saying that he is far above the being who is second only to TOAA. How does that make any sense?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Kutulu
Scathan beat Protege where LT could not. Scathan was called the greatest of the Celestials. This is why people hold Scathan in such high regard, is that he did something LT himself was unable to do.

So Scathan is greater than the being who is second to TOAA. Got it.

Where was the mighty Scathan during the HOTI saga? Why did Thanos call him the top of the food chain if there was someone more powerful out there? What's the purpose of TOAA creating the LT to guard the multiverse when he created a being on the side who is more powerful than him?

Kutulu

Where was the mighty Scathan during the HOTI saga? Why did Thanos call him the top of the food chain if there was someone more powerful out there? What's the purpose of TOAA creating the LT to guard the multiverse when he created a being on the side who is more powerful than him?

Here are the scans in question. Note who's powers got copied by Protege after he already had duplicated the powers of the Living Tribunal:
http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=protege02gotg49xe9.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=protege03gotg50fr8.jpg
http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=protege04gotg50bs9.jpg
http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=protege05gotg50pf4.jpg

celestialdemon
Here are the scans in question. Note who's powers got copied by Protege after he already had duplicated the powers of the Living Tribunal:
http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=protege02gotg49xe9.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=protege03gotg50fr8.jpg
http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=protege04gotg50bs9.jpg
http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=protege05gotg50pf4.jpg

I'm aware of the scans. He claims to have copied the powers of TOAA. If that was true, then Scathan is above TOAA. How does that make sense?

Kutulu
I'm aware of the scans. He claims to have copied the powers of TOAA. If that was true, then Scathan is above TOAA. How does that make sense?

The only way it could make sense would be if Scathan's home was somehow outside of the Megaverse (which contains the multivereses, which contain Universe 616).

Celestials are said to to tap into an energy which exist outside of the universe, so who knows. Other than that, it's generally considered PIS.

quanchi112
I'm aware of the scans. He claims to have copied the powers of TOAA. If that was true, then Scathan is above TOAA. How does that make sense? its comics it doesnt have to make sense. just know scathan is the baddest of all the celestials. they are such a mysterious bunch.

quanchi112

Where was the mighty Scathan during the HOTI saga? Why did Thanos call him the top of the food chain if there was someone more powerful out there? What's the purpose of TOAA creating the LT to guard the multiverse when he created a being on the side who is more powerful than him? hes in one story. why would thanos bring him up. he heasnt been seen outside the gotg.

CaptainStoic

1) Galactus
2) Eternity
3) Epoch
4) Love
5) Hate
6) Kronos
7) Death
8) Mephisto
9) Order
10) Chaos

Protege, Protege, Protege.... this is all I keep hearing about. This one showing means Scathan can pwn LT? Please there was a time that Beyonder looked as if he could defeat LT, but that was before he was retconned wasn't it? You guys go on one showing, and state that Scathan could defeat beings greater in power than itself. Llagrok, my list was not made up Thanos did defeat these beings, all of them would you like me to bring the list up again? I have doubts that Scathan would or could beat the entire list of characters that I saw Thanos defeat easilly. As a matter of fact Thanos depowered himself to make sport of the entire event. Until I see LT beating Warlock all claims of his victory are null and void. As many here are so famous to state, hand books and such wiki crap are unreliable sources as they change to suit the writers. I mean take a character as simple as the Thing for instance, he was always class 85 now I hear that he has become class 100??? What a crock of BS... you mean to tell me that Grimm who is obviously past his prime is actually getting stronger? Whatever. Reliable only when it suits a particular arguement. Scathan may be tough and all of that, but he pales when compared to The Infinity Gauntlet's diverse power sets. Now somehow Scathan is LT's superior? Listen when I see Scathan with more than one notch in his belt, then come and tell me all of this stuff.
Scathan is more than LT, but the Endless could defeat him? Yep makes sense to me.

CaptainStoic
Make a thread that pits Scathan against all of these guys and poll it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

llagrok

It doesn't, so it's reasonable to believe that Protege wasn't capable of copying ALL of TOAA's powers. If he did, then Scathan shouldn't have been capable of beating him.

guy222

Earth-691 Scathan the Approver is

Earth-616 Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial is the greatest

guy222
its comics it doesnt have to make sense. just know scathan is the baddest of all the celestials. they are such a mysterious bunch.

They are mysterious. Created by Kirby to replace Galactus and the Watchers in power

The issues with Scathan were written to showcase his awesome power. Its no different than Starlin showcasing Thanos in Marvel: The End

Again, Earth-691 Scathan is the baddest Celestial

According to the original Eternals comics, Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial is the greatest Celestial to walk the Earth

starlock
Flip flopping maybe? just does not work for me

Lt is the only one under TOAA, as shown and told by some posters, supposedly not debatable, then the same posters say scathan is more powerfull or greater than LT and that can also be proven......cmon now what is the verdict? when it suits certain posters needs LT is only under TOAA,and now Scathan

So we take proteges word he is TOAA
LT's position is up for grabs now?....those comics came out long ago why now is scathan above or greater than LT
I guess thanos IG was God and Supreme..since he said so himself

And we just assume that duplicating ones power gives them the same level of that power?

lets say LT has supernova at 30
lets say proteges duplication power is 25
all protege gets is supernova at 25

Usually those with the LT at his judgements are their because they could have called the meeting, or are given a say in the matter, now they are their for the LT's protection? wow that means alot of thinking will have to be done about past meetings with the LT and future ones to

guy222
Originally posted by starlock
Flip flopping maybe? just does not work for me

Lt is the only one under TOAA, as shown and told by some posters, supposedly not debatable, then the same posters say scathan is more powerfull or greater than LT and that can also be proven......cmon now what is the verdict? when it suits certain posters needs LT is only under TOAA,and now Scathan

So we take proteges word he is TOAA
LT's position is up for grabs now?....those comics came out long ago why now is scathan above or greater than LT
I guess thanos IG was God and Supreme..since he said so himself

And we just assume that duplicating ones power gives them the same level of that power?

lets say LT has supernova at 30
lets say proteges duplication power is 25
all protege gets is supernova at 25

Usually those with the LT at his judgements are their because they could have called the meeting, or are given a say in the matter, now they are their for the LT's protection? wow that means alot of thinking will have to be done about past meetings with the LT and future ones to

Good Morning, my friend smile

I loved the issues with Scathan(Big LT and Celestials fan). Saying that, none of us can disprove Scathan helping LT defeat Protege. Celestial muzzle and then, Living Tribunal absorbing the godlike being.

SpearofDestiny
The entire Guardians of the Galaxy thing was confusing to me:

1) How did Korvac/Protege become the new TOAA ? Where did he get his power from ?

2) Why couldn't Lt do anything ?

3) How and were did Scathan get his power from ?

starlock
Good Morning, my friend smile

I loved the issues with Scathan(Big LT and Celestials fan). Saying that, none of us can disprove Scathan helping LT defeat Protege. Celestial muzzle and then, Living Tribunal absorbing the godlike being.

Maybe we can my friend

Scathan helped LT? where does LT try to do somthing to protege? what did he try on protege, before scathan muzzled him?

Are all of the people at the meeting with LT their to protect him? and every meeting he has a protector? or just for protege? can we say for sure?

I mean maybe i dont remember it exactly, i am only human, but when did LT try and fail to use powers against protege? now that might help me understand where people are coming from

quanchi112
Maybe we can my friend

Scathan helped LT? where does LT try to do somthing to protege? what did he try on protege, before scathan muzzled him?

Are all of the people at the meeting with LT their to protect him? and every meeting he has a protector? or just for protege? can we say for sure?

I mean maybe i dont remember it exactly, i am only human, but when did LT try and fail to use powers against protege? now that might help me understand where people are coming from scathan pwned a being who just copied the lt. that says enough.

celestialdemon
its comics it doesnt have to make sense. just know scathan is the baddest of all the celestials. they are such a mysterious bunch.

If we are trying to gauge them based on their power level, then yes, it has to make sense.

celestialdemon
hes in one story. why would thanos bring him up. he heasnt been seen outside the gotg.

Because if he is the big man throughout the multiverse, then he should have been there to help stop Thanos like the LT was.

llagrok
lol @ Quanchi.

That has to be the best post ever.

celestialdemon
The only way it could make sense would be if Scathan's home was somehow outside of the Megaverse (which contains the multivereses, which contain Universe 616).

Celestials are said to to tap into an energy which exist outside of the universe, so who knows. Other than that, it's generally considered PIS.

It was also stated that the Celestials were created by Eternity. I think Marvel is just confused as sh*t when deciding on their origin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
lol @ Quanchi.

That has to be the best post ever. these posts add nothing to the discussion at hand.

quanchi112
It was also stated that the Celestials were created by Eternity. I think Marvel is just confused as sh*t when deciding on their origin. scathan is the exception. and if he was created by eternity something happened that made him this powerful.

Burning thought
It was also stated that the Celestials were created by Eternity. I think Marvel is just confused as sh*t when deciding on their origin.

Marvel seem to be confused about everything their doing

quanchi112
If we are trying to gauge them based on their power level, then yes, it has to make sense. he pwns multiversal threats like nothing. look at the effort put forth by thanos to defeat eternitya dn now look at the effort put forth by scathan when he defeated the protege who was more than eternity.

wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by Burning thought
Marvel seem to be confused about everything their doing all comics get confusing. if u want aheadache read some dc. those guys cant make up thier minds.

wink

Burning thought
half of these comics cant seem to make up their minds, one minute superman is lifting support beams..then planets...and Marvel are throwing omnipotent title to all sorts of beings...but then having those beings shown weaknesses....

celestialdemon
scathan is the exception. and if he was created by eternity something happened that made him this powerful.

Proof. It has been stated that the Celestials were created by Eternity. It hasn't been stated that Scathan is an exception anywhere. So, we have to deduce that he was created by Eternity also until proof shows otherwise. That's the way things work.

celestialdemon
he pwns multiversal threats like nothing. look at the effort put forth by thanos to defeat eternitya dn now look at the effort put forth by scathan when he defeated the protege who was more than eternity.

wink

Then by your logic, he is greater than the LT, so Marvel has been lying this whole time by saying the LT is second to TOAA. Shame on them.

And it's not "threats". He only defeated Protege by hooding him (such power sick ). No one else even attacked Protege before Scathan did that, so we don't know how much he could have withstood.

Air Legend
Originally posted by Mr Master
Scathan wins in a curbstomp.

Scathan is no ordinary Celestial, he was in someway connected to TOAA.

Scathan >>> LT (On Panel and in LT's own Bio)

LT >>> IG
Whoa...Scathan greater than LT? I don't think so.

quanchi112
Proof. It has been stated that the Celestials were created by Eternity. It hasn't been stated that Scathan is an exception anywhere. So, we have to deduce that he was created by Eternity also until proof shows otherwise. That's the way things work. his appearance and what he did shows us he is more powerufl than eternity.

wink

quanchi112
Then by your logic, he is greater than the LT, so Marvel has been lying this whole time by saying the LT is second to TOAA. Shame on them.

And it's not "threats". He only defeated Protege by hooding him (such power sick ). No one else even attacked Protege before Scathan did that, so we don't know how much he could have withstood. scathan is in one story. in the future. k, im glad i cleared that up.

CaptainStoic
Ok so Scathan does not exist yet? Is this your take on things Quanchi?

celestialdemon
his appearance and what he did shows us he is more powerufl than eternity.

wink

Um, no, it doesn't. If everyone else would have attacked Protege and failed, then Scathan succeeded, then that would have proved something.

celestialdemon
scathan is in one story. in the future. k, im glad i cleared that up.

Wow. Great argument. So, he's not even born yet, right. Funny how every other cosmic there exists in the current timeline except him.

quanchi112
Wow. Great argument. So, he's not even born yet, right. Funny how every other cosmic there exists in the current timeline except him. WELL WE KNOW HE EXISTS IN THE GOTG. OTHER THAN THAT ITS SPECULATION WHERE HE IS OR WHAT HE IS DOING.

Mr Master
Ok yall,

I think I figured out the madness behind Scathan.

As yall know, I am probably the greatest supporter of the LT, (well atleast second to guy)

But it's a canon fact, the LT could not handle Protege while Scathan could.

Marvel itself confirmed what took place On Panel. (no arguing this)

Now,

I believe Scathan had TOAA's authority in this case, (a special agent perhaps)

due to these panels:

..............................................................................................

Hawkgod asked Eternity,

"Can we expect assistance from Scathan?"

Eternity replies,

"Negative, the Celestial's purpose is only to record
and Approve of what transpires here"

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9592/s1ms3.th.jpg

..............................................................................................

Then at the end, after Scathan pwnd Protege,
The LT tells Protege,

"your actions are inexcusable ... make your peace, may TOAA forgive you"

Protege begins to cry out,

"No, I want to be TOAA"

The LT responds with,

"Power is meaningless beyond this existence"

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7748/s2zs0.th.jpg

This tells me first,

Protege never had TOAA'God's true power,
because beyond the Omniverse "power is meaningless"

This makes sense,
since beyond the Omniverse there's only God in Marvel Heaven,
drawing Protege, THIS Story
and everything else taking place in the Omniverse on pieces of paper.

celestialdemon
WELL WE KNOW HE EXISTS IN THE GOTG. OTHER THAN THAT ITS SPECULATION WHERE HE IS OR WHAT HE IS DOING.

Just like it's also speculation to assume he's anything but a Celestial created by Eternity just like the others.

Mr Master
where does LT try to do somthing to protege?

what did he try on protege, before scathan muzzled him?

when did LT try and fail to use powers against protege?

now that might help me understand where people are coming from

Help is on the way. smile

Protege owing the LT, Eternity & Hawkgod and the Guardians simultaneously:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6206/75959541pn9.th.jpg

The LT had to draw on the Ancient One's Amulet,
in order to increase his own power,
in order to absorb Protege:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4469/sillyqy4.th.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3850/funnyeu9.th.jpg

Imo, this is all PIS, but canon nontheless, so I must accept it.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9708/canonrm1.th.jpg
(excerpt from the official Handbook 2006 - LT bio)

Canon!

quanchi112
Just like it's also speculation to assume he's anything but a Celestial created by Eternity just like the others. scathan is the mightiest celestial we have seen.

quanchi112
nice work mr master make these doubters realize the futility or thier moaning and groaning. scathan is canon and one uber sob.

celestialdemon
scathan is the mightiest celestial we have seen.

Love to see him actually used in a credible story so we can forget about this PIS crap.

boriquaking55
I'm sorry, but from an objective point of view this "Scathan" character just seems like a victim of poor writing. My PIS-dar is going off like crazy right now.

I'll give it to Thanos just because some idiot writer thought it would be sensible to make the LT need a Celestials help with anything. Retarded

Kutulu
Well... in my mind, there exists another possibility.

Celestials in 616 were created by Eternity - canon.
Celestials exist throughout the multiverese - canon.
One universe is entirely populated by Celestials (universe-2 I think, I forgot the number offhand). - canon.

So it doesn't make sense that all Celestials were created by 616 Eternity, only the ones that were created that exist currently in universe 616. So it would seem therefore that Celestials given that they have been proven to exist in universes throughout the multiverse, that there is some other force at play. There have also been beings similar to Celestials that have been spotted in both 616 and other universes as well, notably the Makers:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/makersmicroverse.htm

So in my mind the possibility exists that Scathan either came from another multiverse, or somehow ascended from the current multiverse.

Mr Master

All Celestials were created by Eternity. (that is, the Totality of Eternity as in the Multiverse)
Just as every Galactus in every Universe was created by the Totality of Eternity.

616 Eternity has the power of the Multiverse, this is confirmed in Defenders v3,
when Dormammu/Umar usurped the power of the Multiverse from within 616,
where the core of Eternity was (or the essence of his Totality)

True that.

One universe is entirely populated by Celestials - canon.

yes

So it doesn't make sense that all Celestials were created by 616 Eternity, only the ones that were created that exist currently in universe 616.

Above.

So it would seem therefore that Celestials given that they have been proven to exist in universes throughout the multiverse, that there is some other force at play.

Scathan seemed to operating on behalf of TOAA imo according to the on panel evidence.

There have also been beings similar to Celestials that have been spotted in both 616 and other universes as well, notably the Makers:

Actually the Makers are completely disconnected from 616.

They took an entire Universe and re-created it in their image,
the Microverse is located in this Universe.

So in my mind the possibility exists that Scathan either came from another multiverse, or somehow ascended from the current multiverse.

There are no Celestials outside the prime Multiverse,
there are no sentient Abstracts outside the prime Multiverse either,
with the exception of the Brothers (who are Two MegaverseS now)

guy222

One universe is entirely populated by Celestials (universe-2 I think, I forgot the number offhand). - canon.

So it doesn't make sense that all Celestials were created by 616 Eternity, only the ones that were created that exist currently in universe 616. So it would seem therefore that Celestials given that they have been proven to exist in universes throughout the multiverse, that there is some other force at play. There have also been beings similar to Celestials that have been spotted in both 616 and other universes as well, notably the Makers:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/makersmicroverse.htm

Do u know about the Absolutes

Estacado
Scatman Approves.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/456/scatmanot8.gif

quanchi112
scathan simply is more than the ig.

guy222
Scathan the Approver

http://www.picsaway.com/thumbs/guardians_of_the_galaxy_46_19-9882920792.jpg

Terryc250
Scathan is above IG, hes around LT lvl

guy222
LT = Scathan>IG

Knowsbleed33
Scathan ftw. This topic has been abused.

guy222
good to see u buddy

h1a8
Now someone please explain to me in great detail why some here consider Scathan (a mere celestial) on LT's level. Because that is utter nonsense to me.

starlock
Thanos w/ig for the win

Knowsbleed33
good to see u buddy

Good to be back, thanks.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Mr Master

Scathan seemed to operating on behalf of TOAA imo according to the on panel evidence.

This is my question. Because of this, does that make Scathans victory credible? Does it make anyone operating on behalf of TOAA's power credible? It's like a automatic win regardless.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Sundipped
This is my question. Because of this, does that make Scathans victory credible? Does it make anyone operating on behalf of TOAA's power credible? It's like a automatic win regardless.
Aunt May acting on behalf of the TOAA would win.

Sundipped
Originally posted by fangirl101
Aunt May acting on behalf of the TOAA would win.

yes And what's funny is Eternity said it wasn't even the Celestials place. They should only observe and judge. laughing out loud

Mr Master
Originally posted by Sundipped

This is my question.
Because of this, does that make Scathans victory credible?
Does it make anyone operating on behalf of TOAA's power credible?
It's like a automatic win regardless.
Good point. thumb up

Scathan's position is credible if this showing is consistent,
in other words, if he's TOAA's agent at all times.

If this was a fluke,
and Scathan was giving authority to deal with the anomaly which was Protege this once,
then it shouldn't be credible.

Those are my opinions if Scathan was truly acting on behalf of TOAA.

Which unfortunately there is still no absolute/concrete evidence,
except for reasonable logic that makes the most sense out of the PIS.

On the other hand:

What if Scathan is just a Celestial with that kind of authority/status/power?

Because in the end, that's the only concrete conclusion for now,
all we have is that Scathan somehow did something the LT could not do.
Even though the LT's own bio clearly states that the LT's only superior is TOAA,
this same bio states that Scathan saved Reality by stopping Protege with the LT's power.

It's a contradiction that leads me to again surmise he had be connected to TOAA.
(but it's still speculation brothers)

Believe me yall, I've tried,
but I still haven't found the stipulation that makes this fit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.