Do we form any kind of meaningfull relationships online?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zebedee
Do you consider the people you come across online real friends or enimies or just words or a name on a screen. Are the people real to you as people.
I don't want you to include anyone you may have met from online or knew prior to conversing with people online. Only the ones you speak to totally through a computer.

How real are they to you?

Schecter
im fairly certain that im not conversing with any sort of AI, so yes they are real to me.

inimalist
studies have shown online relationships to be as meaningful as real world ones

it depends on the individual of course

Zebedee
Originally posted by inimalist
studies have shown online relationships to be as meaningful as real world ones

it depends on the individual of course

I wasn't asking about studies inimalist. I was asking about you and other members. How real are we to you?

Victor Von Doom
Real world relationships aren't even real to inimalist.

Rogue Jedi
depends on the person, depends on the level of trust.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Zebedee
Do you consider the people you come across online real friends or enimies or just words or a name on a screen. Are the people real to you as people.
I don't want you to include anyone you may have met from online or knew prior to conversing with people online. Only the ones you speak to totally through a computer.

This doesn't apply to every member of KMC but to me some are just names and pretty pictures on the screen of my PC.

lord xyz
I see them as people I'll probably never meet, or know as *insert screenname here*. The relationships are meaningful, but I feel my real-life relationships more meaningful. That's probably why I come off as such an *******.

Bardock42
They are equal to me.

I judge them on a case to case basis.

SpearofDestiny
I agree with xyz.

The way I address people on KMC, I almost never do in real life, since I care far more about the people in my actual life, than here on this website.

ddLOLZ ROMLA RAPE LOL MMM COCKdd

8======D

Bardock42
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
I agree with xyz.

The way I address people on KMC, I almost never do in real life, since I care far more about the people in my actual life, than here on this website.

ddLOLZ ROMLA RAPE LOL MMM COCKdd

8======D I don't care more for them, I just don't feel as embarrassed by certain behavior online.

Online it is much easier to know people I think. The group dynamics are more obvious and flow more freely.

Sounding bullshitty, is true though.

Take KMC, I think I know 30 people there decently, 10 more closely and 2 as good as any of my friends in real life. That just doesn't happen as easily in real life. Not to me at least. Though I might be slightly anti social.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't care more for them, I just don't feel as embarrassed by certain behavior online.

Online it is much easier to know people I think. The group dynamics are more obvious and flow more freely.

Sounding bullshitty, is true though.

Take KMC, I think I know 30 people there decently, 10 more closely and 2 as good as any of my friends in real life. That just doesn't happen as easily in real life. Not to me at least. Though I might be slightly anti social.

Ummm....I kinda agree with you, but in reality, i care far more for my family, freinds, and anyone I hooked up with than most of the people here on KMC.

The only people I truly consider(ed) freinds here on KMC are: Shakymunison, Rogue Jedi, and Smiter (Sixty Nine)

I actually speak to them outside of KMC.

After them, I do value people like Lil B, Debbiejo, Mr. Master, Mider999, Takion, and a few others.

Anyone else can eat my feces stick out tongue

InnerRise
Nope.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Ozone
I don't.

Anybody could be an online pedophile, so I refuse to get personal with them.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I consider some people on KMC my friends. I know one personally.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ozone
I don't.

Anyone could be an offline murderer, doesn't stop you going out does it?

-AC

Ozone
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Anyone could be an offline murderer, doesn't stop you going out does it?

-AC

No, it doesn't. Point?

Afro Cheese
Don't listen to him, he's obviously just trying to get your gaurd down.

InnerRise
No, it doesn't. Point? funny

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Don't listen to him, he's obviously just trying to get your gaurd down.

Don't listen to him either, he's trying to seem like he's protecting you to get your guard down.

Originally posted by InnerRise
funny

Was it the lack of logic? Or did you genuinely think that an effective counter?

Afro Cheese
Cockblocker.

Alpha Centauri
No, it doesn't. Point?

Well, if anyone being a possible offline murderer, who could stab you and kill you instantly if they wanted, isn't enough to stop you going out, I ask this;

Why is someone being a possible ONLINE paedophile, who couldn't harm you at all unless you met up with them, a reason to not make friends with anybody online?

-AC

Critic
I don't.

This statement is very narrow minded. I think it would be more fair to state that ANYBODY in GENERAL could be a pedophile. What if you get personal with someone you've met in real life and they turn out to be a pedophile? A rapist? A murderous psychopath? Your logic is twisted. Not getting involved with someone online just because they might be a pedophile is insanity. You'd face the same risk in real life, in my opinion. The only difference? The entity who was the pedophile would have to do a larger job or hiding his tendencies in real life. Really now.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Critic
This statement is very narrow minded. I think it would be more fair to state that ANYBODY in GENERAL could be a pedophile. What if you get personal with someone you've met in real life and they turn out to be a pedophile? A rapist? A murderous psychopath? Your logic is twisted. Not getting involved with someone online just because they might be a pedophile is insanity. You'd face the same risk in real life, in my opinion. The only difference? The entity who was the pedophile would have to do a larger job or hiding his tendencies in real life. Really now.

Would the entity be human?

Zebedee
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
This doesn't apply to every member of KMC but to me some are just names and pretty pictures on the screen of my PC.

Critic
Would the entity be human?

To clarify; Yes.

Zebedee
To clarify; Yes.

Excellent, thank you.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Don't listen to him either, he's trying to seem like he's protecting you to get your guard down.

Was it the lack of logic? Or did you genuinely think that an effective counter? Choose one.

Victor Von Doom
I'll pick the latter.

InnerRise
I'll pick the latter. That's cute........you actually chose.

Power.

Critic
I've come to the conclusion that InnerRise is the master of rhetorical innuendo.

InnerRise
I've come to the conclusion that InnerRise is the master of rhetorical innuendo. See what I mean? You're doing the exact same thing again. Please let's not do to this thread what has been done to the other. Kthxbai.

Victor Von Doom
That's cute........you actually chose.

Power.

Well, it was, wasn't it.

I only gave the other option in vague hope that you weren't being entirely stupid.

Buk ka ke.

Zebedee
See what I mean? You're doing the exact same thing again. Please let's not do to this thread what has been done to the other. Kthxbai.

I agree

anata wa wakarimasu ka

Zebedee

Buk ka ke.

What's Bukkake?

Alpha Centauri
Leave InnerRise alone, he's just a kid.

-AC

Zebedee
Leave InnerRise alone, he's just a kid.

-AC

You see -AC you don't need a whole page to say what you think thumb up

anata wa wakarimasu ka

He n tai

Punkyhermy
we could if we want to.confused

Victor Von Doom
What's Bukkake?

Ancient Japanese art of facepainting.

InnerRise

anata wa wakarimasu ka

He n tai haermm

Zebedee
Ancient Japanese art of facepainting.

Ahhh sticky!

anata wa wakarimasu ka

He n tai

Critic
See what I mean? You're doing the exact same thing again. Please let's not do to this thread what has been done to the other. Kthxbai.

Actually, this is quite different. I've come to a conclusion in this thread. I'm only expressing my opinion that, from what I've seen of your posting pattern, you utilize rhetoric when losing a debate or to salvage your own pride.

You know what? I apologize. I feel I am going to start a fight here. Although, don't take that apology to heart. In the other thread, I merely stated my opinion as constructive criticism. This is different.

InnerRise
Is any of this relevant? true? or even necessary? STOP.

You're exactly like another certain member here.

You are starting something. I'm finishing it. It's over.

Mr. Bacon
i think its certainly possible if you find the right person, its not really much different than meeting in person at a baseball game or something shrug

Critic
Is any of this relevant? true? or even necessary? STOP.

You're exactly like another certain member here.

You are starting something. I'm finishing it. It's over.

You don't reserve the option to say when it is over, InnerRise. I've apologized and discreetly ended it. The option is only mine, friend.

True? Of course? Relevant? Yes. Necessary? No. That is why I apologized; Because it wasn't necessary. I thought I made that clear.

chithappens
I think it's possible. I respect the words of some members since they actually make sense on occasion. I know more people on here that make sense than I do in real life.

Not sure how I feel about that.

InnerRise
You don't reserve the option to say when it is over, InnerRise. I've apologized and discreetly ended it. The option is only mine, friend.

True? Of course? Relevant? Yes. Necessary? No. That is why I apologized; Because it wasn't necessary. I thought I made that clear. Lack of Self Control is what's clear and evident.

The next time you want to derail a thread and start something for NO reason...........DON'T.

Critic
Lack of Self Control is what's clear and evident.

And...

...I concur.

RedAlertv2
I think online relationships are just as real. After all, there are cool people all over, just because I don't know them in person doesn't make them any less cool.

Draco69
No. You can't.

meep-meep
I don't.

And anybody you converse with during your daily life could be an axe wielding pyscho path who might like nothing more than to rape your hollowed out eye sockets.

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by Schecter
im fairly certain that im not conversing with any sort of AI, so yes they are real to me. my thoughts exactly

leonheartmm
a persona often does not exist online. its easier to be the person you are in the absence of others in real life. i think people are more true to their self online unles they are actively trying to decieve you. its a good place to try n know more about sum1 in real life, atleast thas my expirience.

Bardock42
Ummm....I kinda agree with you, but in reality, i care far more for my family, freinds, and anyone I hooked up with than most of the people here on KMC.

The only people I truly consider(ed) freinds here on KMC are: Shakymunison, Rogue Jedi, and Smiter (Sixty Nine)

I actually speak to them outside of KMC.

After them, I do value people like Lil B, Debbiejo, Mr. Master, Mider999, Takion, and a few others.

Anyone else can eat my feces stick out tongue
Oh Jebus, your taste in people is horrific.

As for family that's of course a slightly different matter. But as you said, you can include you friends from KMC in other parts of your online dealings as well. I have quite a few people of KMC on my MSN for example. Talk to them on other forums or even things like, Facebooks and Myspace. I also met two people from KMC and have a relationship with one of them. It all depends on the person and how open you are about it. One of my best friends I only know from online, of course I don't know endlessly much about them (neither about my all my real life friends though), but I value their friendship and company. Even if they'd lie to me all day, the character they created is a great one.

I don't.

Anybody could be an online pedophile, so I refuse to get personal with them. Online pedophiles being a million times worse than real life ones.

botankus
Meaningful, as much as a message board goes. There are a few I really like, but when the computer goes off, that's it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Meaningful, as much as a message board goes. There are a few I really like, but when the computer goes off, that's it. That has to do with your latent homosexuality, I hear.

botankus
Not enough homos on here, I'm afraid. And since Urizen of Destiny didn't list me as one of his personal pets, I'm through with him, too.

Bardock42
Not enough homos on here, I'm afraid. And since Urizen of Destiny didn't list me as one of his personal pets, I'm through with him, too. One day you will find an online butt buddy too.

debbiejo
On line people are real people. I enjoy my friendships here just as much as talking to my friendships else where. Talking is talking. But good grammar helps... cool

SpearofDestiny
Not enough homos on here, I'm afraid. And since Urizen of Destiny didn't list me as one of his personal pets, I'm through with him, too.

I didn't know you were gay

The only other raging homo pervert besides myself on KMC, that I got along with, was Smiter. I love him to death, he is my Prime Butt Buddydroolio

He and I still chat and have raw butt secks outside of KMC.

But I don't really get along with KMC's other homos: Adam Poe, Devil King, Whobdamandog, Gay Guy, Marko, or Vinny Valentine.

They are either too whiney, bitchy, uptight, or what not for my tastes thumb down

Devil King
Originally posted by debbiejo
But good grammar helps... cool

says the QUEEN of the Overused Ellipsis

wink

And Spear, I find it hard to believe that there's something wrong with every homosexual on this forum, except you.

debbiejo
I'm getting better.................. reading ......................

And spear, David and Adam are cool!

lord xyz

anata wa wakarimasu ka

He n tai laughing

botankus
But I don't really get along with KMC's other homos: Adam Poe, Devil King, Whobdamandog, Gay Guy

How could you have hated Gay Guy? He was the happiest guy on earth.

Seriously, the Cap't? Come on.

SpearofDestiny
How could you have hated Gay Guy? He was the happiest guy on earth.

I don't them

Devil King

When we're done here, do you maybe, wanna, come over to my place and, i don't know, scissor or something?

SpearofDestiny
South Park is fkn hilarious

Did you guys see the episode where Cartman discovered that people have Tourettes ?

ROTF LMOA LOLZ

Zebedee

But I don't really get along with KMC's other homos: Adam Poe, Devil King, Whobdamandog, Gay Guy, Marko, or Vinny Valentine.

They are either too whiney, bitchy, uptight, or what not for my tastes thumb down

laughing There was a member called Gay Guy!

thumb up

Bardock42
Yeah, so, lets discuss online relationships instead of indulging in them, shall we?

botankus
Originally posted by Devil King
When we're done here, do you maybe, wanna, come over to my place and, i don't know, scissor or something?

Are we done here yet? droolio

lord xyz
Whobdamandog, Gay Guy, Same guy...

Devil King
Yeah, so, lets discuss online relationships instead of indulging in them, shall we?

If it's cool with Botankus, you can come scissor too.

Schecter
lets form a love train. as usual bardock will want to be the engine. botankus, since you're the newbie you'll have to be the caboose.

Devil King
lets form a love train.

And isn't that what the internet really is? It's just people all over the world, joining hands.

cyber tuff guy!

anata wa wakarimasu ka

He n tai

tuff

lord xyz
lets form a love train. as usual bardock will want to be the engine. botankus, since you're the newbie you'll have to be the caboose. How about we all be in one bum circle, and watch the female members in their lesbian pile in the middle of the circle...

Bardock42
If it's cool with Botankus, you can come scissor too. S-scissor?

W-with you guys?

touched

Devil King
S-scissor?

W-with you guys?

touched

You've arrived son. Today, you are a man.

cyber tuff guy!
You've arrived son. Today, you are a man.

YMCA

lord xyz
Originally posted by cyber tuff guy!
YMCA An anagram of Macy. ermm

Schecter
Originally posted by lord xyz
How about we all be in one bum circle, and watch the female members in their lesbian pile in the middle of the circle...

thats by far the hottest thing you ever posted.

deal.

Devil King
LAME!

Schecter
LAME!

you're right. to hell with the lesbians. who needs them when we're playing 'lords of the ring'

Devil King
So, does that count as "meaningful"?

Schecter
depends. i mean, im not in it for any sort of commitment, but i still find it meaningful.

Devil King
im not in it for any sort of commitment

Reported.

Schecter
hahahaha

wait. i think you meant to bait me with that.

Reported.

Devil King
hahahaha

wait. i think you meant to bait me with that.

Reported.

and I think you're trying to play "honorary moderator"

Reported infinity +1

Schecter
and I think you're trying to play "honorary moderator"

Reported infinity +1

i dont appreciate that implication. in fact i find it offensive.

Reported infinity x infinity +2

*mod's inbox collapses*

SelphieT
All the relationships I form with my fellow KMCers are obviously going to be personal, I'm not going to pretend I like them. I like them genuinely, and if I could have a chance to meet all my KMC friends in person, I'd take that chance, hell yes I would.

debbiejo
Are we done here yet? droolio BOTANKUS!!

Come back, don't go there.. messed

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
BOTANKUS!!

Come back, don't go there.. messed

Shhh! I don't want to mention our thing, the most meaningful online relationship of all time.

lord xyz
you're right. to hell with the lesbians. who needs them when we're playing 'lords of the ring' Nono, we need the girls, so we can laugh at them for not having penises.

But if some of them do, they can join us. vin

Violent2Dope

How real are they to you? Apparently this guy thinks so.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t466199.html

laughing out loud

JacopeX
I disagree with internet relationships.....

My reason: Very long....

debbiejo
Anything with fries is good! cool

What's scissors anyway? I tried very hard to picture it, but I just can't...blink

CaptainStoic
In life, I find that whether you are online or offline there are people that jive and those that don't. several months ago while feeling very lonely, and fed up with woman over here in the west I decided to try something new. I scoured the internet for women in the east, and found a site that you could send emails to women in the Phillipines. This is not to say that all women over in the USA are materialistic, and shallow, but I have run across a lot of them, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. I am the type that believes that we are all equals regardless of financial backgrounds. I also don't see the color of a persons skin or care what their ethnicity is like many do. The only thing that has ever mattered to me is what's on the inside.... I do however need to be attracted to the person that I am with to a certain degree. So to each their own.

What does this all have to do with the topic? Well much! I have met a beautiful woman online and I speak to her on a daily basis. I've actually fallen in love with her, and we have built a great relationship which is based on trust, and respect. She has to be the most wonderful person that I have ever encountered. My answer to the topics question is yes, with work internet relationships are as real as any other relationship that a person may find, the question is how far will they take it?

Bardock42
Originally posted by JacopeX
I disagree with internet relationships.....

My reason: Very long.... And stupid.

JacopeX
And stupid. You can never go one time with out bashing me for reason....

You hardly heard my reason at all, so why jump to conclusions? And please do not answer with "I predict it! LOLZ".

lord xyz
You can never go one time with out bashing me for reason....

You hardly heard my reason at all, so why jump to conclusions? And please do not answer with "I predict it! LOLZ". He's baiting.

RuthlessRufus
I think that a better question would be "do we form any kind of meaningful relationship at all?" Ever been friend with someone for years only to find out they're a compulsive liar and have been leading a double life? Ever been in a life or death situation with someone and suddenly they went from being an enemy to a friend, or vice versa? What makes a relationship "real" or "meaningful" anyway?

LindsIsSexyK
To answer the question, "Do we form any kind of meaningful relationships online?", that answer is yes.

Granted, I have never met any of these people, but they have all impacted my life in one way or another. I met all of these people back in 2003 and even though I have not been around the forums in a really long time, all of them still cross my mind almost daily.

It's not a question of meeting them and having a physical friendship with them, it's a question of whether or not they have had any impacting significance in your life.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by LindsIsSexyK
To answer the question, "Do we form any kind of meaningful relationships online?", that answer is yes.

Granted, I have never met any of these people, but they have all impacted my life in one way or another. I met all of these people back in 2003 and even though I have not been around the forums in a really long time, all of them still cross my mind almost daily.

It's not a question of meeting them and having a physical friendship with them, it's a question of whether or not they have had any impacting significance in your life.

I understand 100%, but you seem a little stand-offish, and obviously with good reason. In any age or time, you really never know who it is that you've let into your life. People that you meet on the internet or in the flesh can impact your life positively or negatively. The question is will you let your guard down and trust your heart, or your mind? Are you afraid to meet new people, or is it that you know enough people already to get you through? Just throwing that out there.

Bardock42
You can never go one time with out bashing me for reason....

You hardly heard my reason at all, so why jump to conclusions? And please do not answer with "I predict it! LOLZ". We had a previous discussion about the topic in the OTF.

Despite that, anyone who is "against" Online relationships has stupid reasons for it. Cause it's stupid. Get it? I don't even have to hear your reasons, but go on, if you want them crushed you can type them out.

lord xyz
We had a previous discussion about the topic in the OTF.

Despite that, anyone who is "against" Online relationships has stupid reasons for it. Cause it's stupid. Get it? I don't even have to hear your reasons, but go on, if you want them crushed you can type them out. My reason is simply I prefer people I've met in real life. Is that stupid?

Bardock42
My reason is simply I prefer people I've met in real life. Is that stupid? If that's your reason for being against online relationships then yes. If it is your reason for not forming any meaningful ones yourself, go ahead, be my guest.

Alpha Centauri
As long as meeting online is only a means, it doesn't matter.

If you have no intentions to make something out of it in real life it's pretty silly.

The net is a meeting place.

-AC

lord xyz
If that's your reason for being against online relationships then yes. If it is your reason for not forming any meaningful ones yourself, go ahead, be my guest. That's not my reason for being againt an online relationship. I know, I said that, but I'm not "against" them.

Bardock42
That's not my reason for being againt an online relationship. I know, I said that, but I'm not "against" them. I know. My issues are not with you. They are with Jacope, you just butted in so applied the same reasoning to you. No offense.

Alpha Centauri
Advice to Lord XYZ: Say what you mean.

Not an entirely different word.

-AC

JacopeX
We had a previous discussion about the topic in the OTF.

Despite that, anyone who is "against" Online relationships has stupid reasons for it. Cause it's stupid. Get it? I don't even have to hear your reasons, but go on, if you want them crushed you can type them out. Coming from a person who really has an online relationship. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course it busted a nerve in your brain when I said that I disagree with online relationships.....You think I am stupid for prefering people in real life than a sex offender? I just think of them as people I will never see or just internet users and a screenname.... confused

Do me a favor and quit disrespecting other people's views such as this.

Bardock42
Coming from a person who really has an online relationship. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Which makes me know for fact that you are wrong. In fact I am talking in real life to her as we speak. A relationship that started online. And you disagree with them...odd. Must be annoying to always be wrong.

Of course it busted a nerve in your brain when I said that I disagree with online relationships.....You think I am stupid for prefering people in real life than a sex offender?

First, not all people on the Internet are sex offenders. I guess you aren't one for example.

Second, as I said to xyz, I have no problem with you preferring people you know from real life to those you know online. That is none of my business. You said you "disagree" with online relationships though. Which means you disagree with my relationship, which is ignorant and it is also stupid. Either way, I asked you to give your reasons for "disagreeing"

I just think of them as people I will never see or just internet users and a screenname.... confused

Adjusting the argument. Whether that is due to realizing how stupid it was or the inability to use the English language I do not know. It is annoying though. Could you not do that?

Do me a favor and quit disrespecting other people's views such as this. No. I disrespect stupid opinions.Will continue to do so.

JacopeX
Which makes me know for fact that you are wrong. In fact I am talking in real life to her as we speak. A relationship that started online. And you disagree with them...odd. Must be annoying to always be wrong.

First, not all people on the Internet are sex offenders. I guess you aren't one for example.

Second, as I said to xyz, I have no problem with you preferring people you know from real life to those you know online. That is none of my business. You said you "disagree" with online relationships though. Which means you disagree with my relationship, which is ignorant and it is also stupid. Either way, I asked you to give your reasons for "disagreeing"

Adjusting the argument. Whether that is due to realizing how stupid it was or the inability to use the English language I do not know. It is annoying though. Could you not do that?
No. I disrespect stupid opinions.Will continue to do so. Actually, I am not wrong. You see, just because you have an online relationship does not mean every one can have a successful one. In fact, most of them Fail or end up like this. http://www.news4jax.com/news/14254872/detail.html

So, just because I disagree with a type of relationship makes it a stupid opinion? You are on a roll with that arrogance. laughing out loud And no, I do not have to repeat myself as you have said it yourself, you heard my reasons in the OTF. So why should I waste my breath with you, especially when you are too thickheaded to comprehend? And by saying that, I mean that you just refuse to take it as a simple opinion, which I find very sad of you.

*sigh* As I said before, speaking and typing are both different things. If you disagree, please go out into the real world and socialize more besides thinking people talk exactly how they speak meaning they are dumb. I am not a really good typer, that is the fact.

You disrespect stupid opinions....Fine, but I disrespect think headed people.

Syren

And Spear, I find it hard to believe that there's something wrong with every homosexual on this forum, except you.

Ha, that's brilliant laughing out loud

Creshosk
Actually, I am not wrong. You see, just because you have an online relationship does not mean every one can have a successful one. In fact, most of them Fail or end up like this. http://www.news4jax.com/news/14254872/detail.htmlBecause there's two types of people on the net, sex offenders and underage girls. I guess if you're not a sex offender that makes you an underage girl.

So long as you're not stupid about meeting the person you really shouldn't have any worries.

So, just because I disagree with a type of relationship makes it a stupid opinion? About as stupid as disagreeing with an interracial or homosexula relationship, yes.

You are on a roll with that arrogance. laughing out loud Said the pot to the kettle.

And no, I do not have to repeat myself as you have said it yourself, you heard my reasons in the OTF. So why should I waste my breath with you, especially when you are too thickheaded to comprehend?Then why bother posting in this thread at all?

And by saying that, I mean that you just refuse to take it as a simple opinion, which I find very sad of you. Its not just a simple opinion though, its judging another person on their persoanl life when said person's personal life doesn't effect you. If you were cynical about them due to personal experience it'd be understandable. But generalizing like you're doing is full on prejudiced and biggoted if not borderline.

*sigh* As I said before, speaking and typing are both different things. They're both communication. The internet is a tool, not a fantasy world. If I text a person on my phone is it really any different than texting them on a message board, e-mail or IM device? Particularly that last one as I can communicate with people I know offline through IM devices. often times talking to someone who's in another part of the house because its faster and more convenient. But obviously texting a person is different from simply speaking to them.

If you disagree, please go out into the real world and socialize more besides thinking people talk exactly how they speak meaning they are dumb. I am not a really good typer, that is the fact. "lolz! u liek 2 text ppl! u hav no life!"

Considering you're communicating your ideas through text.

You disrespect stupid opinions....Fine, but I disrespect think headed people. You must disrespect yourself then. And Bardock obviously doesn't qualify, as he's right.

Alpha Centauri
Coming from a person who really has an online relationship. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course it busted a nerve in your brain when I said that I disagree with online relationships.....You think I am stupid for prefering people in real life than a sex offender? I just think of them as people I will never see or just internet users and a screenname.... confused

Do me a favor and quit disrespecting other people's views such as this.

There's a massive difference between having an online relationship and having a long-distance relationship that began online and simply uses online as its main form of communication.

-AC

JacopeX
Originally posted by Creshosk
Because there's two types of people on the net, sex offenders and underage girls. I guess if you're not a sex offender that makes you an underage girl.

So long as you're not stupid about meeting the person you really shouldn't have any worries.

About as stupid as disagreeing with an interracial or homosexula relationship, yes.

Said the pot to the kettle.

Then why bother posting in this thread at all?

Its not just a simple opinion though, its judging another person on their persoanl life when said person's personal life doesn't effect you. If you were cynical about them due to personal experience it'd be understandable. But generalizing like you're doing is full on prejudiced and biggoted if not borderline.

They're both communication. The Internet is a tool, not a fantasy world. If I text a person on my phone is it really any different than texting them on a message board, e-mail or IM device? Particularly that last one as I can communicate with people I know offline through IM devices. often times talking to someone who's in another part of the house because its faster and more convenient. But obviously texting a person is different from simply speaking to them.

"lolz! u liek 2 text ppl! u hav no life!"

Considering you're communicating your ideas through text.

You must disrespect yourself then. And Bardock obviously doesn't qualify, as he's right. So that you what? The sex offender?

Think before you type.

You see, the Internet is full of gullible teens and people that fall into very easy traps to the sex offenders. You can just take a picture of some guy at a party, or a friend you know and see everyday. Then, as you meet this impostor, its the basement for you, forever. I feel like everyone here that are against are just as gullible. Like as if it never happened before. "ZOMG!" And just for the record, I have no idea about Bardocks Relationship. Did I say out of typing. "I have a problem with Bardocks online relationship." Or anywhere along those lines? And I mean with his name in it?

You see, I just don't like the relationships that started in Forums, IM, and chat rooms because they of course fail most of the time or end up with some charges being made in the end. I suggest E Harmony or a site that is dedicated to online dating. No bullshit. I suggest the real world however.

People usually take jabs at typos but you must know that you are pounding your ideas away on a keyboard as most reasonable, they might type so fast, they might not really think about their mistakes when typing spelling wise or grammar wise. FACT. People make MINOR mistakes on calculators, machinery, and keyboards. As I said, it you really think that people talk "LIEK THIZ", then you really need to socialize better in the real world. It awaits you. By the way, I see many typos on your post and a couple of grammar errors. But I know you don't talk like that. However, every OTF poster believe so. laughing out loud

And no, he is not right since is ultimately missing the point here.

JacopeX
There's a massive difference between having an online relationship and having a long-distance relationship that began online and simply uses online as its main form of communication.

-AC I understand. Example, A couple from India separate since one goes to America and the other stays. However, the relationship continues.

Online relationships are something else.

Alpha Centauri
"Official" E-Dating sites are no more safe.

I understand. Example, A couple from India separate since one goes to America and the other stays. However, the relationship continues.

Online relationships are something else.

No, you don't understand.

Meeting online does not mean you have an "online" relationship. It just happens to be where you met. Like musicians who meet their girlfriends on tour and stay in a relationship even after they've left.

An online relationship is a relationship that is entirely through the net, without meeting or plans to take it further.

-AC

Robtard
LoL... you're trying logic and reason, you're setting yourself up for a failure.

Yes, to answer the topic.

Creshosk
So that you what? The sex offender?

Think before you type. That's right little girl, that's exactly what I intoned.

You see, the Internet is full of gullible teens and people that fall into very easy traps to the sex offenders. You can just take a picture of some guy at a party, or a friend you know and see everyday. Then, as you meet this impostor, its the basement for you, forever. Only if you're stupid enough to meet in an area other than a highly populated public place. It makes it a lot more difficult for someone to do something with a larger number of witnesses. As I said if you're not stupid about it, like you obviously would be.

I feel like everyone here that are against are just as gullible./quote] No, you're just paranoid. I have several friends who are together met online. Quite a few married couples.

Like as if it never happened before. "ZOMG!" And just for the record, I have no idea about Bardocks Relationship. Did I say out of typing. "I have a problem with Bardocks online relationship." Or anywhere along those lines?

I havea problem with online relationships.
Bardock's relationship is online.
Therefore I have a problem with Bardock's online relationship.

Really simple no?

And I mean with his name in it? Do you have to?

"I hate all blacks!"
"I'm black!"
"I didn't mean you!"

You see, I just don't like the relationships that started in Forums, IM, and chat rooms because they of course fail most of the time Prove it. Give me hard data to back up this failure over success ratio.

or end up with some charges being made in the end.Welcome to life. Relationships offline require time and constant effort as well. You don't go out find a pretty relationship you like then take it hom and hang it up on your wall.

I suggest E Harmony or a site that is dedicated to online dating. No bullshit. I suggest the real world however. Just because htis is some fantasy world to some idiots like you doesn't mean that there aren't real people behind these screennames with thoughts and feelings.

People usually take jabs at typos but you must know that you are pounding your ideas away on a keyboard as most reasonable, they might type so fast, they might not really think about their mistakes when typing spelling wise or grammar wise. FACT. People make MINOR mistakes on calculators, machinery, and keyboards. As I said, it you really think that people talk "LIEK THIZ", then you really need to socialize better in the real world. It awaits you. By the way, I see many typos on your post and a couple of grammar errors. But I know you don't talk like that. However, every OTF poster believe so. laughing out loud Nice to see you're an idiot and don't pick up on the sarcastic exageration of your arguments via dramatized typing.

An idiot in one thing, and an idiot in another thing.

And no, he is not right since is ultimately missing the point here. No, that'd be you. The internet is a means of communication. Nothing more, nothing less. We use it to communicate ideas, goods and services, and even feelings, sentiment and emotions.

If you can't handle that, maybe you should stop using the internet for that which you're attacking it about. A different form of communication. You prejudiced biggot.

JacopeX
That's right little girl, that's exactly what I intoned.

Only if you're stupid enough to meet in an area other than a highly populated public place. It makes it a lot more difficult for someone to do something with a larger number of witnesses. As I said if you're not stupid about it, like you obviously would be.

I havea problem with online relationships.
Bardock's relationship is online.
Therefore I have a problem with Bardock's online relationship.

Really simple no?

Do you have to?

"I hate all blacks!"
"I'm black!"
"I didn't mean you!"

Welcome to life. Relationships offline require time and constant effort as well. You don't go out find a pretty relationship you like then take it hom and hang it up on your wall.

Just because htis is some fantasy world to some idiots like you doesn't mean that there aren't real people behind these screennames with thoughts and feelings.

Nice to see you're an idiot and don't pick up on the sarcastic exageration of your arguments via dramatized typing.

An idiot in one thing, and an idiot in another thing.

No, that'd be you. The internet is a means of communication. Nothing more, nothing less. We use it to communicate ideas, goods and services, and even feelings, sentiment and emotions.

If you can't handle that, maybe you should stop using the internet for that which you're attacking it about. A different form of communication. You prejudiced biggot. Highly populated or not, bottom line, the Sex offender could easily just abduct you in a very smart and well planned plot. It can be in China, and you still would never be seen again, MOST POSSIBLY!!!!.

Example, what if it is a visit to another ones home to a far away country or state. Once you get their, it all over. And so what if you have people with you? You are still ****ed.

You are taking everything I am saying as if it happens 100% of the time. Obviously, no. The chances of the relationship to come out successful is low however. Now, at this rate you cannot prove anything nor can I, unless if you want to pass out flyer's saying " Was your online relationship successful?"

Ok, lets say I am paranoid. Why bother arguing with a mentally ill person? laughing out loud And if you want to go on bashing me with the insults by calling me stupid. Just for the record, you started the name calling, but I am going to be the mature one and just go on with the topic.

Anyways, Bardock's relationship might of been from E harmony, how would I know? Is it even my business? How is the status of their relationship? What if it is successful? (Didn't I say most of the relationships online? Yes I did)

Prove what? Relationships that failed online that I really don't give a shit about? Do I have to print screen every time I see something that will prove my point someday? No I don't of course. On the contrary, I have screen printed things when I want to if it is something that gets to my idea to humiliate the person just as a joke. If you want, I can prove it in the future reference.

Wild Cherry and Darth Excecute are my friends on this Forum and they both have a relationship that started online. Of course, it is a success, but many that I have seen usually fail in the end. And to tell you the truth, the most I would be with any one online is a friend. Usually, if people online ask for a love type relationship, it is pretty risky in my opinion. Don't care what you say anymore on that part....smile

Time and constant effort? No. My relationships in real life are actually more secure and I feel much better than dating someone I have no clue of their personality and life and even the true selves. I used to date a girl online when I was younger and let me tell you, that was in my opinion my most pathetic days. I am better off with real life relationships. Relationships that fail are very constant now days. you see, teens have been very mindless now days with who they choose. That takes this topic to whole different direction so I will leave it at that. Just want to let you know that they usually fail at love.

I'm an idiot for not picking up sarcasm? That is the worst thing I have ever heard. In reality, I would actually pick up the tone of voice I am given, and then see the sarcasm. Online? How? Unless if we are telepathically communicating. smile

However, who is behind the machine which you can easily lie about anything across the world wide network? You will never ever know. Chances are, it might just work out! smile

But I still disagree with it as I suggest real life relationships.

Creshosk
Highly populated or not, bottom line, the Sex offender could easily just abduct you in a very smart and well planned plot. It can be in China, and you still would never be seen again, MOST POSSIBLY!!!!.

Example, what if it is a visit to another ones home to a far away country or state. Once you get their, it all over. And so what if you have people with you? You are still ****ed. Right, because the offender is going to try something in a crowded area. roll eyes (sarcastic) paranoid...

You are taking everything I am saying as if it happens 100% of the time. Obviously, no. The chances of the relationship to come out successful is low however. Prove it. give me the numbers or stop spouting your biased paranoid bullshit.

Now, at this rate you cannot prove anything nor can I, unless if you want to pass out flyer's saying " Was your online relationship successful?"/quote] Its how they find out other things. by polling people. But it sounds like you've got no proof to back up your paranoid bullshit claims.

Ok, lets say I am paranoid. Why bother arguing with a mentally ill person? To get them to stop indirectly attacking other people? Not all mental illnesses are the same.

laughing out loud And if you want to go on bashing me with the insults by calling me stupid. Just for the record, you started the name calling, but I am going to be the mature one and just go on with the topic. Well warrented insults mind you.

Anyways, Bardock's relationship might of been from E harmony, how would I know? You could ask him. What does it matter if its from an online dating site. Its possible to lie on those things just as easy as anyplace else, be it offline or on a forum.

Is it even my business?
GOOD QUESTION!

How is the status of their relationship? What if it is successful? (Didn't I say most of the relationships online? Yes I did) "most" which is a bullshit claim as you don't have nthe numbers outside of your paranoia.

Prove what? Relationships that failed online that I really don't give a shit about? For not giving a shit about it, you sure are shitting alot. Oral defication ftw.

Do I have to print screen every time I see something that will prove my point someday? It would certianly help to back up your claims.

No I don't of course. On the contrary, I have screen printed things when I want to if it is something that gets to my idea to humiliate the person just as a joke. If you want, I can prove it in the future reference. And I'm sure you'll ignore the context too...

Wild Cherry and Darth Excecute are my friends on this Forum and they both have a relationship that started online. Of course, it is a success, but many that I have seen usually fail in the end. And to tell you the truth, the most I would be with any one online is a friend. So most relationships that start online fail.. but you give an example of one that was a success?

Usually, if people online ask for a love type relationship, it is pretty risky in my opinion. Don't care what you say anymore on that part....smileAnd starting a relationship offline isn't? There's no guarentee that a person you meet offline is what they claim to be, nor are they gaurenteed to be mentally stable.

Time and constant effort? No. Idiot. I'm talking about ANY type of relationship.

My relationships in real life The internet is not just soem fantasy world. I know your neanderthal brian can't think critically beyond names and pretty colors of the internet, but there are real people with real feelings behind each scree nname. and in the case of the JacopeX name, its an idiot behing the name.

are actually more secure and I feel much better than dating someone I have no clue of their personality and life and even the true selves. And you have no guarantee of them being honest offline either. And even offline relationships require constant work. Put it on a back burner and neglect the person for too long and they'll feel unloved. They're not an inanimate object.

I used to date a girl online when I was younger and let me tell you, that was in my opinion my most pathetic days. I am better off with real life relationships. Again, I don't know if your cranium is too thick or your brain too small, but the internet is part of "real life" there are real people behind each name with thought and feelings and personal problems all their own.

Relationships that fail are very constant now days. you see, teens have been very mindless now days with who they choose. In your case you speak from experience.

That takes this topic to whole different direction so I will leave it at that. Just want to let you know that they usually fail at love. Just like you fail at thinking.

I'm an idiot for not picking up sarcasm? That is the worst thing I have ever heard. In reality, Idiot.

I would actually pick up the tone of voice I am given, and then see the sarcasm. Online? How? Unless if we are telepathically communicating. smile
Gee let me think, how could you ever possibly pick up on sarcasm with out tone of voice... this is a real toughy... cause its absolutly impossible to communicate effectively without tone of voice... oh man this is tough... hmm.... Idiot.

However, who is behind the machine which you can easily lie about anything across the world wide network? And people can lie about who they are offline as well. This is like the "sanctimony of marriage" argument against homosexual relationships. Nothing about being offline gives you a 100% assuredly. People lie. Be it online or off.

You will never ever know. Chances are, it might just work out! smile

But I still disagree with it as I suggest real life relationships. Idiot.

vinz07
Depends on how you trust the person online....

Bardock42
Actually, I am not wrong. You see, just because you have an online relationship does not mean every one can have a successful one. In fact, most of them Fail or end up like this. http://www.news4jax.com/news/14254872/detail.html

Actually, king of the morons, most of real life relationships fail as well. And it is bullshit that most or even many end like the article you posted. That's a very few. Many more crimes happen without the interference of the Internet. You do realize there are sex offenders that do not use the Internet to prey, right?

So, just because I disagree with a type of relationship makes it a stupid opinion?

No, because disagreeing with Internet Relationships is stupid for multiple reasons makes it a stupid opinion.

You are on a roll with that arrogance. laughing out loud And no, I do not have to repeat myself as you have said it yourself, you heard my reasons in the OTF. So why should I waste my breath with you, especially when you are too thickheaded to comprehend? And by saying that, I mean that you just refuse to take it as a simple opinion, which I find very sad of you.

It's not a simple opinion. It states something and that can be wrong or right. And in your case it is wrong. You have no valid arguments whatsoever. It's like me saying I think all stupid, football playing Latino ****ers should be killed. It's an opinion....but it's also pretty stupid. Like you and your opinions, really.

*sigh* As I said before, speaking and typing are both different things. If you disagree, please go out into the real world and socialize more besides thinking people talk exactly how they speak meaning they are dumb. I am not a really good typer, that is the fact.

True, that is a fact. But if you want to contribute to any sort of reasonable debate you should learn that fast. Otherwise you should SHUT THE **** UP. Being blatantly stupid is immensely irritating.

You disrespect stupid opinions....Fine, but I disrespect think headed people.

That's good for you. I am sure you are irritated by people that think.

You on the other hand are not only stupid, but also stubborn. If you would be more reasonable people would find you less stupid, I am sure. Originally posted by JacopeX
So that you what? The sex offender?

Think before you type.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let me give you better advice. Think after you read.

You see, the Internet is full of gullible teens and people that fall into very easy traps to the sex offenders. You can just take a picture of some guy at a party, or a friend you know and see everyday. Then, as you meet this impostor, its the basement for you, forever. I feel like everyone here that are against are just as gullible. Like as if it never happened before. "ZOMG!" And just for the record, I have no idea about Bardocks Relationship. Did I say out of typing. "I have a problem with Bardocks online relationship." Or anywhere along those lines? And I mean with his name in it?

You said you disagree with online relationships. That means you disagree with mine. Not that I mind, you can think what you want, but if you post it openly on a discussion board I frequent I will point out the flaws in your argumentation or lack thereof.

You see, I just don't like the relationships that started in Forums, IM, and chat rooms because they of course fail most of the time or end up with some charges being made in the end. I suggest E Harmony or a site that is dedicated to online dating. No bullshit. I suggest the real world however.

You know a huge number of marriages (not only relationships, MARRIAGES) nowadays fail? And most of those started in real life. So, what the **** is your point you retarded piece of...?

People usually take jabs at typos but you must know that you are pounding your ideas away on a keyboard as most reasonable, they might type so fast, they might not really think about their mistakes when typing spelling wise or grammar wise. FACT. People make MINOR mistakes on calculators, machinery, and keyboards. As I said, it you really think that people talk "LIEK THIZ", then you really need to socialize better in the real world. It awaits you. By the way, I see many typos on your post and a couple of grammar errors. But I know you don't talk like that. However, every OTF poster believe so. laughing out loud

How did typos enter this conversation?

And no, he is not right since is ultimately missing the point here.

I am right though. Factually. I am not missing the point in any way, you might not understand what you type. Is that possibly? I mean, it is well known that you are not very smart. Think that might be it?

Bardock42
One question though, Jacope.

How many romantic relationships did you have in your life?

ADarksideJedi
It can't be that real.You don't know the person you are talking too.Not even a picture can help or thinking you know the person.I think it is pretty dangers and most lead to disapearing kidnaping and other stuff that is not worth saying.jm

Bardock42
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It can't be that real.You don't know the person you are talking too.Not even a picture can help or thinking you know the person.I think it is pretty dangers and most lead to disapearing kidnaping and other stuff that is not worth saying.jm It also leads to abortion yes

JacopeX
One question though, Jacope.

How many romantic relationships did you have in your life? Three. One of them were online which I regret.

But the others lasted longer than a year. Unlike others that last only a month or two. I am single now and I am willing to stay like that until I am ready to devote myself into a relationship. However.

JacopeX
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It can't be that real.You don't know the person you are talking too.Not even a picture can help or thinking you know the person.I think it is pretty dangers and most lead to disapearing kidnaping and other stuff that is not worth saying.jm Seriously.

I am not even sure about the people I talk to in this forum, so I just stick with discussing about a topic rather than scheduling a get together.

Bardock42
Three. One of them were online which I regret.

But the others lasted longer than a year. Unlike others that last only a month or two. I am single now and I am willing to stay like that until I am ready to devote myself into a relationship. However.

So 2 real life relationships.

And they both failed...

JacopeX
So 2 real life relationships.

And they both failed... Of course. I was younger and I had no clue was love is. But now I do, and I chose to wait and stay single until I am ready to be in a real relationship.

That is all.

And I tend to have the honor of annoying you recently just because I disagree with something. As I said, go cry yourself to bed. I don't want to hear none of your crap.

Bardock42
Of course. I was younger and I had no clue was love is. But now I do, and I chose to wait and stay single until I am ready to be in a real relationship.

That is all.

And I tend to have the honor of annoying you recently just because I disagree with something. As I said, go cry yourself to bed. I don't want to hear none of your crap.
So not only online relationships but also many real life relationships fail, you said it yourself, all of yours did.

You annoy me because you behave so stupidly. It's not that you disagree just that what you say is irritating.

JacopeX
So not only online relationships but also many real life relationships fail, you said it yourself, all of yours did.

You annoy me because you behave so stupidly. It's not that you disagree just that what you say is irritating. So you believe that relationships are alot more possible to be a sucess at 13-14 years old?

I am done here. This is way beyond me however. laughing out loud

lord xyz
Advice to Lord XYZ: Say what you mean.

Not an entirely different word.

-AC I don't use entirely different words, I use synonyms. I also forget the way people could interpret my posts, and I get ticked off when people insult me out of the dark. You can understand that, right?

Alpha Centauri
I don't use entirely different words, I use synonyms. I also forget the way people could interpret my posts, and I get ticked off when people insult me out of the dark. You can understand that, right?

Wrong means wrong, say wrong if you mean wrong or don't say wrong if you don't mean wrong.

If you said you got attacked by a dog, but it was really a shark, and someone called you an idiot, you'd deserve it.

-AC

Fire
People I only know online are still people I consider to be my friends.

Creshosk
Three. One of them were online which I regret.

So you have 2 offline relationship fail and 1 online relationship fail. and you're speaking out against only online relationships?

Sounds like you just fail at relationships. Just like you fail at thinking, and at life.

JacopeX
So you believe that relationships are alot more possible to be a sucess at 13-14 years old?

I am done here. This is way beyond me however. laughing out loud

Creshosk
You're basing your experience of what realtionship on being that young?

Cause truly, any one of them ESPECIALLY the online one you'd be an idiot for basing your knowlegde of any of them that young.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Fire
People I only know online are still people I consider to be my friends. Me too. big grin

Yep.

In the old days, people used to write letters to each other, now we have a new and wonderful technology.

JacopeX
You're basing your experience of what realtionship on being that young? Yes.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t466039.html

lord xyz
Wrong means wrong, say wrong if you mean wrong or don't say wrong if you don't mean wrong.

If you said you got attacked by a dog, but it was really a shark, and someone called you an idiot, you'd deserve it.

-AC Wrong and unsuitable are synonyms. You're analogy is flawed.

Creshosk
Yes.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t466039.html "Online relationships suck because when I was 13 I was in one that failed!"

Again... idiot.

Naz

Well yes, of course. They are real people, they're not figments of my imagination or Tiny Tims created by KMC to amuse me. They're just people sitting on the other side of the screen like I'm sitting on my side of the screen. Albeit some of them may be alternate identities, but that doesn't make the typer less of a (self-conscious) real person.

chillmeistergen
Though I know that they can, and do work, I could not have an actual romantic relationship, in which the chief communication was online.Good on the people who can, I just can't.

So, in my opinion our ability to form relationships online is based on individual differences, there is no yes or no answer.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Naz
Well yes, of course. They are real people, they're not figments of my imagination or Tiny Tims created by KMC to amuse me. They're just people sitting on the other side of the screen like I'm sitting on my side of the screen. Albeit some of them may be alternate identities, but that doesn't make the typer less of a (self-conscious) real person. It's possible we're all your classmates playing a prank on you. smile

debbiejo
And I'm an 84 year old man.. big grin

Naz
It's possible we're all your classmates playing a prank on you. smile

erm I would not appreciate that.

JacopeX
"Online relationships suck because when I was 13 I was in one that failed!"

Again... idiot. Wow, so you PURPOSELY forget what I said before and try to take something else as my thesis just to make me look like the idiot here somehow.

Again... ****tard. closedeyes

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>