Resurrection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
http://www.insightsofgod.com/downloads/Boris_Pilipchuk.pdf

Do you believe in resurrection from the dead?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive

No, but I do believe in reincarnation (rebirth).

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Why do you believe in reincarnation?

Shakyamunison

Personal reasons.

JesusIsAlive
Personal reasons.

So, you do not wish to discuss your reasons then?

Pandemoniac
I don't believe in ressurection. There have however been cases in which someone presumed dead 'came back to life'. But those cases concerned someone assumed dead, but not really being dead actually. Reports of ressurection come from lack of medical and anatomical knowledge.

Shakyamunison
So, you do not wish to discuss your reasons then?

That is correct. My reasons are personal, and have no barring in a debate. However, I could find information on reincarnation as seen by most Buddhist, if you wish.

JesusIsAlive
That is correct. My reasons are personal, and have no barring in a debate. However, I could find information on reincarnation as seen by most Buddhist, if you wish.

So you feel that sharing your beliefs is a debate? Tell me why you feel that way?

Shakyamunison
So you feel that sharing your beliefs is a debate? Tell me why you feel that way?

This forum is a debate forum. Anything that is on this forum is subject to debate.

"Tell me why you feel that way?"

Reincarnation is not a very impotent part of my Buddhist practice. I also believe differently then most other Buddhist, therefore I don't want someone to confuse my personal beliefs of reincarnation with those of Buddhism.

My belief in reincarnation is based on faith, therefore it would be a waist of time to debate it on this forum.

SpearofDestiny
I beleive in Reincarnation as well, but not as stylized as many Buddhists and Hindus portray it.

If you look up Wiccan philosophies, the way they beleive in the Life Cycle, is sort of the way I beleive in it as well. It's very interesting stuff.

Technically, Resurrection from clinical death is possible. Simply get the heart to beat again. Resurrection from biological death, however, as far as I know, isn't.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
I don't believe in ressurection. There have however been cases in which someone presumed dead 'came back to life'. But those cases concerned someone assumed dead, but not really being dead actually. Reports of ressurection come from lack of medical and anatomical knowledge.

I have never read any testimony of someone who was assumed dead. What would make a doctor and his medical staff assume that someone is dead? That does not compute. Doctors are trained (after four years of college, four years of intensive medical school, and two years of internship) not to assume anything with regard to someone's medical condition. I do not believe based on the extensive training that doctors must undergo that they are even capable of making assumptions about someone's medical condition. Futhermore, doctors are much to educated, competent, and professional to declare someone dead who isn't actually dead. Doctors run tests (objective, empirical tests) in order to diagnose a medical situation. Furthermore, doctors use a variety of information based on tests, medical history, and the condition of the patient to provide a prognosis. But if the person is dead, no doctor in his right mind will declare someone dead (i.e. expired) without taking proper measures to resuscitate or revive the person. Click on the above link and tell me after reading it whether doctors assumed that he was dead or whether they knew based on the man's condition that he was dead.

JesusIsAlive
This forum is a debate forum. Anything that is on this forum is subject to debate.

"Tell me why you feel that way?"

Reincarnation is not a very impotent part of my Buddhist practice. I also believe differently then most other Buddhist, therefore I don't want someone to confuse my personal beliefs of reincarnation with those of Buddhism.

My belief in reincarnation is based on faith, therefore it would be a waist of time to debate it on this forum.

Your personal reasons would be subject to debate on or off this forum correct? Just because something is subject to debate does not mean that it will be debated. I simply wanted to know why you believed in reincarnation.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
I beleive in Reincarnation as well, but not as stylized as many Buddhists and Hindus portray it.

If you look up Wiccan philosophies, the way they beleive in the Life Cycle, is sort of the way I beleive in it as well. It's very interesting stuff.

Technically, Resurrection from clinical death is possible. Simply get the heart to beat again. Resurrection from biological death, however, as far as I know, isn't.

Click on the link at the outset of this thread and tell me what you think.

Shakyamunison
Your personal reasons would be subject to debate on or off this forum correct? Just because something is subject to debate does not mean that it will be debated. I simply wanted to know why you believed in reincarnation.

And I simply do not want to tell you on this forum.

JesusIsAlive
And I simply do not want to tell you on this forum.

That is fine. Do you believe in resurrection of the body?

debbiejo
Well in Haiti they have many resurrections...ie. zombies.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well in Haiti they have many resurrections...ie. zombies.

Why don't you believe in resurrection of the body?

chickenlover98
well actually reincarnation seems semi plausible. there have been cases where a child has memories, complete and exact memories of wars and stuff like that.(see deepak chopra's book life after death) in fact an 8 year old had a scar shaped like a shotgun spread. he remembered the name from his past life and he named people and dates that they had died. he even remembered his old wife.

so it might be plausible, but most likely not. and if jesus was "resurrected" then i would stay away from him, hell eat ur flesh. JESUS IS TEH ZOMBIES

debbiejo
Why don't you believe in resurrection of the body? Well let's assume that there are people in heaven and people already in hell. Then the judgment comes. People then must leave heaven and hell to be judged at the Great Judgment then placed back where they just were. It doesn't make since.

chickenlover98
ya. the judging which ur religion has at the end instead of when you die doesnt make sense. also the inability to redeem yourself in religion is just flat out rediculus. and i mean redeem as in afer you die

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by chickenlover98
well actually reincarnation seems semi plausible. there have been cases where a child has memories, complete and exact memories of wars and stuff like that.(see deepak chopra's book life after death) in fact an 8 year old had a scar shaped like a shotgun spread. he remembered the name from his past life and he named people and dates that they had died. he even remembered his old wife.

so it might be plausible, but most likely not. and if jesus was "resurrected" then i would stay away from him, hell eat ur flesh. JESUS IS TEH ZOMBIES

http://fillthevoid.org/NewAge/Reincarnation.html

Click on the link at the outset of this thread and tell me what you think after reading that man's story. Then if you have time click on the above link.

JesusIsAlive
Well let's assume that there are people in heaven and people already in hell. Then the judgment comes. People then must leave heaven and hell to be judged at the Great Judgment then placed back where they just were. It doesn't make since.

So...then where should God-hating, godless people go when they die? They have to go somewhere and there are only two places to go at death: Heaven or Hell. Some people do not want to go to Heaven.

JesusIsAlive
ya. the judging which ur religion has at the end instead of when you die doesnt make sense. also the inability to redeem yourself in religion is just flat out rediculus. and i mean redeem as in afer you die

All are sinners; therefore, no one is capable of redeeming him/herself from the wages of sin which is eternal death in the Lake of Fire.

Shakyamunison
So...then where should God-hating, godless people go when they die? They have to go somewhere and there are only two places to go at death: Heaven or Hell. So people do not want to go to Heaven.

They don't go anywhere, but back here, just like everyone. wink

JesusIsAlive

If they are resurrected.

wink big grin wink

Shakyamunison
If they are resurrected.

wink big grin wink

Resurrection = Reincarnation. They are both rebirth.

chickenlover98
that was the most retarded story ive ever heard. read deepak chopra's book and you'll know what i mean. he states that perhaps the mind does not lie in the brain and we see what our mind wants us to see. if thats the case he just didnt consciously remember th 12 colored stones or walls or whatever.

chickenlover98
now say something like that happened to me sure id convert, but id have to see it. least theres proof there. without proof visual or physical proof then **** it i dont believe in god

JesusIsAlive
Resurrection = Reincarnation. They are both rebirth.

No, resurrection does not equal reincarnation. You are comparing a diamond with snake. Resurrection is coming back to life (the same life experienced before death transpired) in the same body.

Reincarnation (according to what I gather) is coming back--but in another (or different) form or body, and with all new experiences separated and distinct from the past life, and perhaps with a memory of that former life.

There is no similarity between the two.

chickenlover98
yes there is retard. reincarnation is a chance of redemption for the soul. once you die you choose your place in the karmic cycle. you can stay where you sare or you can come back to life again in a different body with no memory of your past experiences to try and put your soul higher on the karmic cycle.

chickenlover98
and they are both rebirth genious. both can be construed as a chance to redeem yourself

JesusIsAlive
and they are both rebirth genious. both can be construed as a chance to redeem yourself

Coming back to life is not rebirth. A person who is resurrected is not being reborn they are being revived i.e. brought back to life in the same body and with the exact same, identical life.

Reincarnation is rebirth because you are not simply being revived or coming back to the same life that you had before dying. You are being reborn with another life and body totally distinct from the past, former, or previous life. The past life is like another person's life experience in terms of who unrelated and separate it is from your new life (why can't you see this distinction).

JesusIsAlive
yes there is retard. reincarnation is a chance of redemption for the soul. once you die you choose your place in the karmic cycle. you can stay where you sare or you can come back to life again in a different body with no memory of your past experiences to try and put your soul higher on the karmic cycle.

Any you believe that? Tell me more about it.

chickenlover98
its an interesting book and by no means can i convey deepak chopra's true message. read it yourself for an accurate description. i do no justice to his information by explaining it in a mediocre way.

chickenlover98
it explains the karmic cycle and many "resurrections" you might enjoy it

debbiejo
So...then where should God-hating, godless people go when they die? They have to go somewhere and there are only two places to go at death: Heaven or Hell. Some people do not want to go to Heaven. What is the purpose of a resurrection? According to you, they are where they should be anyway, correct? They are either in Heaven or Hell. So there is not a purpose for one. And why would god put them, those who don't believe in him, anywhere at all?

Shakyamunison
No, resurrection does not equal reincarnation. You are comparing a diamond with snake. Resurrection is coming back to life (the same life experienced before death transpired) in the same body.

Reincarnation (according to what I gather) is coming back--but in another (or different) form or body, and with all new experiences separated and distinct from the past life, and perhaps with a memory of that former life.

There is no similarity between the two.

How can you come back to a body that has decomposed? Jesus was talking about a new body, not the old one.

chickenlover98
bodies do not decompose in three days. it would smell bad after a week. his body would be practically fine

Symmetric Chaos
What if a person is an actively good Christian but believes they should go to hell?

debbiejo
Some are taunted with the idea that they certainly will because they are not perfect enough.

Nellinator
How can you come back to a body that has decomposed? Jesus was talking about a new body, not the old one. That depends on what resurrection you are talking about.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
That depends on what resurrection you are talking about.

So, there is more than one? That sounds more like reincarnation to me.

chickenlover98
reincarnation is different bodies and minds but the same soul. that goes into the karmic cycle. what nellinator is talking about is rising from the dead with the same body and same mind. lil different

JesusIsAlive
What is the purpose of a resurrection? According to you, they are where they should be anyway, correct? They are either in Heaven or Hell. So there is not a purpose for one. And why would god put them, those who don't believe in him, anywhere at all?

The purpose of resurrection is so that the disembodied individual can once again live on this physical, three-dimensional earth again with a glorified, human body no longer infected (as it were) with sin or subject to death and ensuing decompostion.

Technically, God does not put anyone in Hell. People make their own reservations by default (i.e. by not believing on Jesus Christ for salvation from the wages of their sins). For example, someone walks up to me an offers me wealth, riches, a mansion--and eternal life to boot. However, the only stipulation is that I must verbally proclaim that I want the wealth, riches, mansion and eternal life. To make a long story short I do nothing. For discussion sake let's say that I am flat broke. If I do nothing do you think that I am going to get those things that have been offered to me for free?

If I do nothing what do you believe I will end up with?

If I fail to do what is required to receive those things and just go on living my life (flat broke for sake of this discussion) tell me, by default will I or will I not remain in my present state by default (because I have chosen to do nothing)?

Well, I said all that to say this: by default everyone is born a sinner and on their way to the place where the heaters are turned up high by default because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

If a person just goes on living his/her life without ever verbally asking Jesus for salvation, then that person who does nothing to change the plight that he/she is in will (by default) die in his/her condition.

Do you follow me debbiejoe?

Just imagine any scenario where you have a choice about improving your current situation, but you elect not to be proactive and choose yes or no, left or right, up or down.

You just stand there with your arms crossed and do nothing. Guess what: by default you have made your choice and it will go into force with for you or against you. That is what happens to so many people every second of everyday. God says here is eternal life, and it is free. All you have to do is believe on and confess my Son as your Lord and Savior and all these blessing are yours. But do you know what many people do? They sit there with their arms crossed and do nothing. By default they have rejected eternal life made possible only through Jesus Christ. By default they have elected to remain a sinner bound for Hell. In essence they have said I want to go to Hell because I have not chosen to go to Heaven.

They are the perpetrators of their own demise by default.

Do you follow me?

Quark_666
The purpose of resurrection is so that the disembodied individual can once again live on this physical, three-dimensional earth again with a glorified, human body no longer infected (as it were) with sin or subject to death and ensuing decompostion.

Technically, God does not put anyone in Hell. People make their own reservations by default (i.e. by not believing on Jesus Christ for salvation from the wages of their sins). For example, someone walks up to me an offers me wealth, riches, a mansion--and eternal life to boot. However, the only stipulation is that I must verbally proclaim that I want the wealth, riches, mansion and eternal life. To make a long story short I do nothing. For discussion sake let's say that I am flat broke. If I do nothing do you think that I am going to get those things that have been offered to me for free?

If I do nothing what do you believe I will end up with?

If I fail to do what is required to receive those things and just go on living my life (flat broke for sake of this discussion) tell me, by default will I or will I not remain in my present state by default (because I have chosen to do nothing)?

Well, I said all that to say this: by default everyone is born a sinner and on their way to the place where the heaters are turned up high by default because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

If a person just goes on living his/her life without ever verbally asking Jesus for salvation, then that person who does nothing to change the plight that he/she is in will (by default) die in his/her condition.

Do you follow me debbiejoe?

Just imagine any scenario where you have a choice about improving your current situation, but you elect not to be proactive and choose yes or no, left or right, up or down.

You just stand there with your arms crossed and do nothing. Guess what: by default you have made your choice and it will go into force with for you or against you. That is what happens to so many people every second of everyday. God says here is eternal life, and it is free. All you have to do is believe on and confess my Son as your Lord and Savior and all these blessing are yours. But do you know what many people do? They sit there with their arms crossed and do nothing. By default they have rejected eternal life made possible only through Jesus Christ. By default they have elected to remain a sinner bound for Hell. In essence they have said I want to go to Hell because I have not chosen to go to Heaven.

They are the perpetrators of their own demise by default.

Do you follow me?

I really wish you would quit acting like you represented the entire Christian community. I doubt you even represent the beliefs of your own denomination.

chickenlover98
so your saying god doesnt even want to be acknowledged, but his son does. wow jesus must really feel underappreciated ya know with the 2 billion or so followers. what a dick you are JIA. and btw if you did nothing there should be a middle ground. o wait thats earth retard. therefore nothing sends u back guess where? HERE

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Hey, it's a not-copypasta post by JIA.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo

eek! It just might be...

JesusIsAlive
How can you come back to a body that has decomposed? Jesus was talking about a new body, not the old one.

Once disembodied believers in Heaven are resurrected, their spirit & soul will be reunited with their bodies, however their bodies will be glorified just like Jesus' body. That once decomposed body will instantaneously be transformed in the twinkling of an eye. It will no longer be decomposed at that time but full of eternal life. Don't ask me how God will do it but every atom of believers' decomposed bodies will be rejoined and glorified at the same time.

Resurrection always implies the same body that died, the only difference is that body is now glorified (i.e. permeated with the glory of God and no longer subject to death or decay).

However, there are some people who have been raised from the dead whose body has not yet been glorified so that it will never die again (e.g. Lazarus, the little girl, the young man, and other people who Jesus raised from the dead--not to mention the guy in the link at the beginning of this thread).

Jesus is the only Person to die and actually be resurrected from the dead in the true sense of the word. In other words, Jesus is the only One to experience resurrection with a glorified body (i.e. a body no longer subject to death or decay).

The man in the link that I provided at the outset of this thread was raised from the dead but his body is not glorified yet. It will be once Jesus returns to catch away His church. At that moment all of the disembodied believers in Heaven will be the first ones to be resurrected with a glorified body that has been raised incorruptible (i.e. no longer subject to sin and decomposition), and immortal (i.e. no longer subject to death). The next believers to receive glorified bodies will be those believers who are living on earth at the moment the catching away of the church occurs.

So, that is how a believer returns with a decomposed body. Actually the believer's body will not be decomposed at the moment his/her spirit is reunited with it because it will be pervaded with the glory of God. It will be infused with eternal life.

In short, it will be glorified.

Actually Lazarus had been dead for four days and was already undergoing decomposition because he stank (they say the body begins to decompose after three days), when Jesus raised Him from the dead. So it is possible.

Do you follow me Shakyamunison?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What if a person is an actively good Christian but believes they should go to hell?

What do you mean by "actively good?"

No person is saved by their good works.

JesusIsAlive
reincarnation is different bodies and minds but the same soul. that goes into the karmic cycle. what nellinator is talking about is rising from the dead with the same body and same mind. lil different

I have taught you well. I guess what I wrote sunk into your hearing after all--Just kidding.

chickenlover98
wow. so being good dont get u shit. ok ill make sure to bomb the shit out of cities and then take jesus as my personnel savior, for the rest of my life. somehow i dont see that cutting it............

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Quark_666
I really wish you would quit acting like you represented the entire Christian community. I doubt you even represent the beliefs of your own denomination.

Why do you sound so upset? Tell me more about it.

Shakyamunison
Once disembodied believers in Heaven are resurrected, their spirit & soul will be reunited with their bodies, however their bodies will be glorified just like Jesus' body. That once decomposed body will instantaneously be transformed in the twinkling of an eye. It will no longer be decomposed at that time but full of eternal life. Don't ask me how God will do it but every atom of believers' decomposed bodies will be rejoined and glorified at the same time.

What if one of those people were eaten by other Christians?

Resurrection always implies the same body that died, the only difference is that body is now glorified (i.e. permeated with the glory of God and no longer subject to death or decay).

Stop making stuff up.

However, there are some people who have been raised from the dead whose body has not yet been glorified so that it will never die again (e.g. Lazarus, the little girl, the young man, and other people who Jesus raised from the dead--not to mention the guy in the link at the beginning of this thread).

No one has ever been raised from the dead.

Jesus is the only Person to die and actually be resurrected from the dead in the true sense of the word. In other words, Jesus is the only One to experience resurrection with a glorified body (i.e. a body no longer subject to death or decay).

Jesus was just a man and was never resurrected.

The man in the link that I provided at the outset of this thread was raised from the dead but his body is not glorified yet. It will be once Jesus returns to catch away His church. At that moment all of the disembodied believers in Heaven will be the first ones to be resurrected with a glorified body that has been raised incorruptible (i.e. no longer subject to sin and decomposition), and immortal (i.e. no longer subject to death). The next believers to receive glorified bodies will be those believers who are living on earth at the moment the catching away of the church occurs.

No one has ever been raised from the dead. Your are being delusional.

So, that is how a believer returns with a decomposed body. Actually the believer's body will not be decomposed at the moment his/her spirit is reunited with it because it will be pervaded with the glory of God. It will be infused with eternal life.

You are rationalizing.

In short, it will be glorified.

Wrong.

Actually Lazarus had been dead for four days and was already undergoing decomposition because he stank (they say the body begins to decompose after three days), when Jesus raised Him from the dead. So it is possible.
Why believe the bible?

Do you follow me Shakyamunison?

Not usually.

chickenlover98
i like how JIA talks like a therapist. its hilarious. so tell me more. stfu dude. people cant be ressurrected. r u saying if i stabbed u in the neck with a pencil and you died. that miraculusly you'd be brought back to life? are you retarded dude

JesusIsAlive
wow. so being good dont get u shit. ok ill make sure to bomb the shit out of cities and then take jesus as my personnel savior, for the rest of my life. somehow i dont see that cutting it............

No, I didn't say that,

"...being good don't get u ****."

I said that no person (not Mary the earthly mother of Jesus, Mother Theresa, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, or anyone else whom the world holds in high esteem) is saved by his/her good works.

However, a person can receive Heavenly rewards for his/her good works.

Shakyamunison
No, I didn't say that,

"...being good don't get u ****."

I said that no person (not Mary the earthly mother of Jesus, Mother Theresa, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, or anyone else whom the world holds in high esteem) is saved by his/her good works.

However, a person can receive Heavenly rewards for his/her good works.
There is one problem with your argument; there is nothing to be saved from.

chickenlover98
ok so your saying that if you save 190,000 lives, and you dont believe in jesus, that you wont get into your heaven. u christians suck

and you didnt addresss a point i made can you do a bunch of bad shit like kill people and then repent and be "saved" in ur sorry explanation of a religion which when you explain has so many flaws and loopholes is just hilarious

JesusIsAlive
so your saying god doesnt even want to be acknowledged, but his son does. wow jesus must really feel underappreciated ya know with the 2 billion or so followers. what a dick you are JIA. and btw if you did nothing there should be a middle ground. o wait thats earth retard. therefore nothing sends u back guess where? HERE

When a person confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior God is acknowledged because Jesus is God. Jesus is the second Person in the God-fraternity if you would. God is: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. This is Who God is. So Jesus is God.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo

But uv curz nawt.

chickenlover98
so why should i pray to the number 2. wtf. unless he's plannin a regime change you should be praying to god idiot. u are so nonsensical it makes me cry

Quark_666
It makes me laugh. Lol, maybe I'll become Buddhist someday. It's starting to make sense.

chickenlover98
buddhism is values now. least it appears that way to me. same with mormonism. but neways im done for the night. peace

Shakyamunison
buddhism is values now. least it appears that way to me. same with mormonism. but neways im done for the night. peace

Buddhism is not at all like Mormonism. roll eyes (sarcastic) If you want to know about Buddhism, I can give you some links.

Quark_666
I'm interested both in Buddhism and in your personal view of Mormonism.

Send me those links.

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive
i like how JIA talks like a therapist. its hilarious. so tell me more. stfu dude. people cant be ressurrected. r u saying if i stabbed u in the neck with a pencil and you died. that miraculusly you'd be brought back to life? are you retarded dude

If it is the will of God then yes I would be raised from the dead just like the guy in this link:

JesusIsAlive
so why should i pray to the number 2. wtf. unless he's plannin a regime change you should be praying to god idiot. u are so nonsensical it makes me cry

Jesus is not the second Person in the God-class (qualitatively), but (ordinally). But each Person is as much God is the other Person.

So, Jesus is just as much God as the Father is God because divinity is exclusive to all Three: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

JesusIsAlive
There is one problem with your argument; there is nothing to be saved from.

Tell me more about why you hold on to that transparent lie.

JesusIsAlive
ok so your saying that if you save 190,000 lives, and you dont believe in jesus, that you wont get into your heaven. u christians suck

and you didnt addresss a point i made can you do a bunch of bad shit like kill people and then repent and be "saved" in ur sorry explanation of a religion which when you explain has so many flaws and loopholes is just hilarious

No, God is saying that and I am just reiterating it.

If you are sincere then yes, you can be saved.

The only sin that God cannot forgive is the sin of rejecting Jesus as your Lord and Savior because you have a free will. God will honor your free will to such an extent that He will permit you to choose suffering in Hell for eternity over true acceptance, joy, peace, and love in Heaven for eternity--if that is what you want.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Quark_666
It makes me laugh. Lol, maybe I'll become Buddhist someday. It's starting to make sense.

Tell me more about why its starting to make sense.

JesusIsAlive
Buddhism is not at all like Mormonism. roll eyes (sarcastic) If you want to know about Buddhism, I can give you some links.

Why believe in either one? Tell me more about it.

leonheartmm

because you are the only one here who really thinks its so transparent, much less that it is a lie.

Shakyamunison
JIA I believe the bible, so quoting it doesn't support your argument.

Shakyamunison
Why believe in either one? Tell me more about it.

I don't know about Mormons, they are just another type of Christian. But Buddhism will give a person tools to deal with life.

What are you talking about?

lord xyz
JIA I believe the bible, so quoting it doesn't support your argument. You believe the Bible?

leonheartmm
i thin he meant he DIDNT beleive in the bible. prolly just missed the word.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
You believe the Bible?

laughing Sorry I missed an impotent word.

I don't believe in the bible.

debbiejo
Why do we need bodies. What's wrong with disembodied spirits like the people in Heaven have right now. They seem to be happy that way, according to the Bible. Why the new body stuff.

chickenlover98
JIA if i killed 800,000 people and "repented" i would still be takin into heaven? ARE YOU KIDDING ME

lord xyz
laughing Sorry I missed an impotent word.

I don't believe in the bible. You then missed an imortant letter. laughing stick out tongue

I do that aswell. embarrasment

Shakyamunison
You then missed an imortant letter. laughing stick out tongue

I do that aswell. embarrasment

Or was I being a smart-ass? wink

Da Pittman

Do you believe in resurrection from the dead? Nope, not as you see it. What one considers dead even in the medical profession changes, 50 years ago what people classified as dead is no longer the case and 2000 years ago if you passed out you could be considered dead. laughing

chickenlover98
jesus is done dude. im trying to get my ultra christian friend to post. even JIA can appreciate why i thinkl this guy is hilarious. he believes in the geocentric theory, that the earth is the center of the universe. last year he even thought he could disprove gravity

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Da Pittman
Nope, not as you see it. What one considers dead even in the medical profession changes, 50 years ago what people classified as dead is no longer the case and 2000 years ago if you passed out you could be considered dead. laughing

Thanks for your post Da Pittman at least you did give the article equal time.

Click on the link and scroll down the very next article entitled, "Heart Surgeon tells of Resurrection from the Dead."

http://www.bibleprobe.com/miracles.htm

JesusIsAlive
Or you could just go there directly:

http://bibleprobe.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=4088

Shakyamunison
Or you could just go there directly:

http://bibleprobe.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=4088

Do you believe this? eek!

chickenlover98
dunno im never gonna read it

Quark_666
Well, here is part of it. Just get a load of this:

"The audience of 120 doctors from 50 countries sat in stunned silence as a renowned heart doctor produced evidence of how, after he had prayed for a patient who had died and was being prepared for the morgue, was brought back to life after prayer."

After the lecture, they woke up...

Zeal Ex Nihilo
That surgeon clearly made up the entire story. He did it for the epic lulz.

Da Pittman

lord xyz
You then missed an imortant letter. laughing stick out tongue

I do that aswell. embarrasment Shit! So did I! shock

JesusIsAlive

King Kandy
JIA I think all these necrobumps qualify as spamming.

Shakyamunison

Shakyamunison
Here is another article in support of reincarnation:

http://reluctant-messenger.com/reincarnation-proof.htm

Symmetric Chaos
Here is another article in support of reincarnation:

http://reluctant-messenger.com/reincarnation-proof.htm

And that doesn't make it any less of a delusion.

Shakyamunison
And that doesn't make it any less of a delusion.

Humans do not know what is really going on. All we can do is look to nature and what is happening to us. We are as far away from understanding reincarnation as was a caveman from understanding electricity.

Did you read the other article?

Symmetric Chaos
Humans do not know what is really going on. All we can do is look to nature and what is happening to us. We are as far away from understanding reincarnation as was a caveman from understanding electricity.

Exactly why don't you believe in God, again?

Shakyamunison
Exactly why don't you believe in God, again?

I do believe in God. Just not the god of the bible. Humans cannot understand God, therefore anything we say or write about God is wrong.

Symmetric Chaos
I do believe in God.

You have the most inconsistent belief system of anyone in history.

Shakyamunison

I did an edit before you posted, sorry.

Dr. Leg Kick

Ordo

lol

Thundar

It depends on what you mean by resurrection? I'm not sure if I believe in anything other than the power of Love. Unfortunately, love takes its shape in many forms. Sometimes love takes the form of rest (does resurrection mean permenant rest or living forever) It's difficult to tell. I'm more along the lines of somewhere in the the middle. It all depends on one's intentions. Why resurrect oneself or others from the dead, if one only has evil intentions for them. Remember my friend..love does not delight in evil, it revels in truth...wink God bless.

Stephen

JesusIsAlive

Reincarnation is the devil's lie. Don't believe it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/t587086.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=586713&pagenumber=7#post14512113

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587086&pagenumber=1#post14510871 (click here if you can handle the Truth)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587086&pagenumber=1#post14510888

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/t587049.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14510387#post14510387

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14510685#post14510685

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587086&pagenumber=1#post14510714

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587086&pagenumber=1#post14510772

Shakyamunison
First, there is no devil or satan or any personification. Secondly, reincarnation is a way for humans to understand Karma.

Literalism leads you nowhere.

JesusIsAlive
First, there is no devil or satan or any personification. Secondly, reincarnation is a way for humans to understand Karma.

Literalism leads you nowhere.

You are misinformed.

Read your Bible.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/t587086.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=586713&pagenumber=7#post14512113

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587086&pagenumber=1#post14510871 (click here if you can handle the Truth)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587086&pagenumber=1#post14510888

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/t587049.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14510387#post14510387

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14510685#post14510685

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587086&pagenumber=1#post14510714

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587086&pagenumber=1#post14510772

Shakyamunison
You are misinformed.

Read your Bible.

I already have read the bible. You forget that I was raised as a fundamentalist Christian. I have read the bible from cover to cover. The bible as a whole, does not support your religion.

JesusIsAlive

You're basing that on...

Shakyamunison
You're basing that on...

Past experience.

JesusIsAlive
Jesus' resurrection is amazing.

Do your research,

Shakyamunison
Jesus' resurrection is amazing.

Do your research,

I thought you didn't believe in reincarnation.

JesusIsAlive
Study the evidence for Jesus's resurrection

Shakyamunison
Study the evidence for Jesus's resurrection

If you are not going to debate, then you should go away and stop spamming the board.

JesusIsAlive
If you are not going to debate, then you should go away and stop spamming the board.

What is spam?

Why didn't you tell that to Stealth Moose who spams the board with mocking images?

Shakyamunison
What is spam?

Why didn't you tell that to Stealth Moose who spams the board with mocking images?

No one is going to feel sorry for you. This is your Karma.

JesusIsAlive
No one is going to feel sorry for you. This is your Karma.

You are just singling me out unfairly.

Shakyamunison
You are just singling me out unfairly.

No, I am singling you out fairly. Plus there is no one else here.

JesusIsAlive
No, I am singling you out fairly. Plus there is no one else here.

You never once complained when Stealth Moose spammed the board with mocking images.

Shakyamunison
You never once complained when Stealth Moose spammed the board with mocking images.

Maybe you should have tried doing what Stealth Moose did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.