CGI budgets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sypark
Hi guys and girls smile

Im new to this forum, so I apologise for seeking assistance right away.

My name is So-Young Park, and I study MS Creative Industry at KAIST university, South Korea.
My thesis is an analysis of box office dollars earned per dollar spent on CGI. A lot of research has been done on the effect of other factors, such as the size of the actors pay, but until now no-one has investigated the effect of CGI budget on box office revenue.

The problem is that this data is very hard to get hold of. I need to get data on the CGI budget and number of CGI shots for several films (e.g LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars etc).

If any of you know any of this information or know where to get it, or can help me in any way on this I would be very grateful.

And if you are interested, I can share the results of my analysis with you when (if wink haha) it is completed.

Thanks for reading,

- So-Young Park

Impediment
No, thanks.

ragesRemorse
So, let me get this straight...,you want us to do the work for you. You will then turn around and take all the credit. Are you a communist trying to infiltrate the secrets of America's filmmaking techniques?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.