Yoda vs. Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hereatlast
1. Saber Battle
2. Force Battle
3. Both

Both are in their prime.

Two places of combat:

1. Dagobah
2. Yavin

Kun with and without amulet.

darthsith19
I don't think it will really matter if they are on Yavin or Dagobah. Unless they are in the massassi temple where Kunn has eben on yavin or by Yoda's hut. Anwyays, I think Kun wins the saber duel but it's very close. For the other two with the amulet Kun could win, without it Yoda probably wins the Force Duel and the all-out I'm not sure about.

Count Makashi
Yoda wins them all, whats this talk, about Kun winning the saber duel, darthsith, he gives Yoda a better fight in a Force contest, then a saber duel.

vader11
Yoda probably takes all but really close.

((The_Anomaly))
Yoda takes all of them.

Morridini
Kun never seemed much like a saber fighter to me, but he surely proved himself when he froze a couple of thousand Jedi at once. So, he would loose the saber one, and win the other, regardless of amulet or not.

darthsith19
What? How has nobody got the impression that Kun is a great swordsman? He stalemated Ulic Qel-Droma, the TotJ narration states that he is an expert swordsman, he invented the double-bladed lightsaber, bo ordinary douche could do that.

Lightsnake
Kun is an absolute monster with his lightsaber, it's true.

So is Yoda, however.

vader11
Kun was great, but Yoda is great too!

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Kun is an absolute monster with his lightsaber, it's true.

So is Yoda, however.
So who would win? And you agree that a saber duel is close, right?

Lightsnake
It's extremely close either way, though I'd say Yoda edges it out slightly due to extreme experience.

Sith Dude
I guess Kun, because the "kotor" jedi were less skilled then the ones from the time of the Golden Age of the Sith (as stated by Darth Traya). To follow this trend, the jedi from the old republic era should be stronger then the ones near the clone wars.
Plus we've only seen Yoda fight twice, one time was a stalemate between him and Dooku, the second time he lost, not the best record. Kun converted and killed many jedi and nearly conquered the old republic, so he did more then Yoda.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Sith Dude
I guess Kun, because the "kotor" jedi were less skilled then the ones from the time of the Golden Age of the Sith (as stated by Darth Traya). To follow this trend, the jedi from the old republic era should be stronger then the ones near the clone wars.
Plus we've only seen Yoda fight twice, one time was a stalemate between him and Dooku, the second time he lost, not the best record. Kun converted and killed many jedi and nearly conquered the old republic, so he did more then Yoda.

No actually Yoda has kun beat. The pt jedi was stated to be the prime of the jedi and yoda has been in more fights than just the two in the movies.

0°Mandalore°0
The Jedi from the PT are considered far stronger than the ones of the KotoR era. The most powerful from the KotoR era were Kun and Revan, and Yoda was considered the "most devastating foe the dark side had ever seen", meaning Yoda is more powerful than any Jedi before him.

What? A stalemate between him and Dooku? Did you not see the movie? Dooku fled from the duel because he knew Yoda was superior to him, he knew he couldn't win...

Yes, Kun is powerful indeed, but the fact that he killed many Jedi doesn't make him more powerful than Yoda, it doesn't have anything to do with it. Yoda could kill many Sith and he still wouldn't be superior to DE Sidious... your logic is faulty, Sith Dude.

Sith Dude

Thiru
The PT jedi are stronger then the Kotor era ones? Thats odd.

According to lucas, yes, so shut up

0°Mandalore°0
It is.. ask any smart SW fan and he/she'll tell you Dooku is actually escaping from his battle with Yoda, not the Clones... I see your point, but it is just not true. Also, since you don't believe Yoda IS superior to Dooku, then ask any SW fan here and they'll happily tell you Yoda is Sidious' equal.. and don't you go saying Dooku is equal to Palps or something like that.

And this is YODA VS KUN, pure combat only, so the fact that he 'did more' has nothing to do with the duel, I don't see why you brought it up. Everyone here knows Kun is powerful, we don't need proof to that, Sith Dude.

Gideon

Completely faulty logic. The only person to make such a claim regarding the power disparity between the KotoR-era Force-users and the Ancient ones would be Traya; she's not the end all be end all source. She's a fallible third party who ultimately cannot speak on the issue with complete authority.

Sith Dude

kamhal
First, it wasn't a stalemate even though it seems so in the movie, and second, they fought more then once. In Vjun, where dooku's powers were greatly amplified by the planet's dark side energies, yoda beat dooku and this one run again.

Simple, because yoda showed that he is basicly sidious' equal in force powers and even disarmed him with his lightsaber (even though sidious were 13 years without touching it). And sidious has more force power then any sith lord that ever existed and was probably the greatest sith duelist in history too.

Yoda wins, end of the history.

0°Mandalore°0
I never said Dooku is superior to Yoda, all i said was that the only match they had was a stalemate, and whether Dooku retreated from Yoda or from the Clones (still think it's more likely he ran from the clones) it was more or less a stalement because none of them were disarmed or anything. To the "Exar did more then Yoda" thing, its just logic to assume that someone with more accomplishments would defeat someone with fewer accomplishments.

Ok, you didn't say he was superior to Yoda but you implied (or however it's spelled) that he was his 'equal', by saying it was a 'stalemate'... and either way, both are wrong.

And it's not logical to assume that someone with more accomplishments would defeat someone with fewer.. that's got nothing to do with power... that is called GREATNESS, not power.
For example, I'd say Revan was greater, because of all of his accomplishments, but that doesn't make him more powerful than Yoda, does it?

Gideon
But yeah w.e. you win lol because i can't compete with the word of George Lucas.

I'm glad you accept it.

Quark_666
Originally posted by hereatlast
1. Saber Battle
2. Force Battle
3. Both

Both are in their prime.

Two places of combat:

1. Dagobah
2. Yavin

Kun with and without amulet.

Yoda (an Ataro master who relies solely on the force, remember) fighting without the force...suffering from Arthritis...looses in the saber battle.

He wins the rest.

Se7in
Originally posted by Quark_666
Yoda (an Ataro master who relies solely on the force, remember) fighting without the force...suffering from Arthritis...looses in the saber battle.

He wins the rest.

We naturally assume that Yoda can only use the Force to assist him in his fighting abilities and physical attributes, but can not use it offensively or defensively.

Quark_666
Originally posted by Se7in
We naturally assume that Yoda can only use the Force to assist him in his fighting abilities and physical attributes, but can not use it offensively or defensively.

How much power can we "naturally assume" he has then? As much as he wants to use as long as it's defensive?

Thiru
I think what he meant was that we assume yoda has no offensive abilities with the force hence he goes down in a force fight with kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.