Do Eastern Religions have Miracles?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Curious....are there miracles in Buddhism and Hinduism?

debbiejo
In China they do.

WrathfulDwarf
What you mean deb?

You mean to say that for a buddhist to live in communist china it's consider a miracle?

stick out tongue

Storm
Yes, Christians don' t have a monopoly on miracles.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Storm
Yes, Christians don' t have a monopoly on miracles.

There was never a monopoly. Muslims do have miracles too.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Curious....are there miracles in Buddhism and Hinduism?

There are some types of Buddhism that look at Buddha as being a divine being just like Christian believe that Jesus was a divine being. There are stories of Buddha's miracles very much like the stories about Jesus.

It is natural for people to make god-men out of their heroes.

debbiejo
What you mean deb?

You mean to say that for a buddhist to live in communist china it's consider a miracle?

stick out tongue LOL.

Well I was watching a program that was a video from China. They healed a women who had a tumor in her bladder. All they did was hold their hands over her and use some sort of energy, body energy. They had an ultra Sound device in her and over her. It showed the tumor disappearing. This was televised on the Science Channel, I believe.

It was alternative healing that they are doing. Mystical beliefs.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
There are some types of Buddhism that look at Buddha as being a divine being just like Christian believe that Jesus was a divine being. There are stories of Buddha's miracles very much like the stories about Jesus.

It is natural for people to make god-men out of their heroes.

What he said.

There's various stories about any central religious figure, including Siddhartha, that would be considered miraculous. Some have the Buddha being born of a virgin, and the stomach of his mother being clear translucent crystal, so that the Buddha was visible in th womb. This is the only one I remember off the top of my head, but there are certainly others.

Quark_666
Religions get mixed up a ton.

anaconda
the biggest miracle of all was if all the religious people in the world kept it to themselves

lil bitchiness
Although, Christianity, Judaism and Islam are eastern religions.
Imported while back...

lord xyz
There was never a monopoly. Muslims do have miracles too. THere you go. Eastern religion.

debbiejo
People don't have to be religious to have miracles.

leonheartmm
hinduism definately has em duh. zoarastrianism does too. jainism does too. buddhism, some forms do, when demons tempted buddha in his meditation and buddha meating gods and teaching to them etc. yep., the japanese mikado based definately does too, so do a lot of zen beleifs in china.

debbiejo
If you get a whole bunch of people to concentrate on something. Maybe something will happen...just maybe it will

anaconda
nah it only end up in someone breaking wind

debbiejo
Things happen. They do.

anaconda
phew

debbiejo
You really should open a window over there. blink

anaconda
American fart make Europe gag

debbiejo
I didn't do it. It was a Norwegian fart. Fishy kind.

anaconda
nah a combined burger taco fart, very very Yankee guess a hot dog as well sick

debbiejo
Well it wasn't me, I had Greek food. Go ahead, do another miracle. Did you open that window?

anaconda
yeah and the wind comes from the west so it only did matters worse,

debbiejo
Quit plaguing the world, it's the only one we have, ya know. mad stick out tongue

anaconda
well tighten your buttcheecks then

debbiejo
Ladies never fart. You must be mistaken as usualy.

Now go get another beer.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.