Silver Surver with Qbands and GL Ring vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sufer has 1 year to learn how to use these artifacts. Will they plus his own power be enough to defeat Odin in battle?

Burning thought
...shouldnt normal surfer be able to beat Odin? how powerful is Odin, i thought Surfer had a range of powers and his incredible speed would defeat Odin?

Utrigita
Surfer got oneshot by Odin in the fight Odin and Thanos had.

But given these Artifacts with a year to learn them... I think he can take a small victory.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Burning thought
...shouldnt normal surfer be able to beat Odin? how powerful is Odin, i thought Surfer had a range of powers and his incredible speed would defeat Odin?

NO. Not even Thanos can beat Odin.

Utrigita
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
NO. Not even Thanos can beat Odin.

And apparently visa versa

Burning thought
is Odin fast? i mean Surfer can go translight speed, or does it take hm a while to get going? i dont have much idea on the way each of their abilities worked, but i just imagined Surfer was extremely fast and Odin was not *shrug*

starlock
Well instinct tells me yes he can defeat Odin

In a match like this and with the rules of the forum,i think i would give surfer w/bands/ring the edge, my only concern is odins magic

But i have seen quasar stop blast from galactus and he has absorbed ego......yeah i would give surfer the edge here

Utrigita
is Odin fast? i mean Surfer can go translight speed, or does it take hm a while to get going? i dont have much idea on the way each of their abilities worked, but i just imagined Surfer was extremely fast and Odin was not *shrug*

No Odin isn't fast but this happend the last time Surfer tried

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl4.jpg

And he was down for the rest of the Fight

But I agree with Starlock.

Burning thought
wow laughing i imagined Surfer was greater than that, he seems weak and lame now, hmm Magic really does do a lot of damage to even cosmic beings in Marvel it seems, is it because magic is foreign to cosmic beings and more unprediactable?

Bouboumaster
SS isn't waek. Odin is just that powerful.

Utrigita
wow laughing i imagined Surfer was greater than that, he seems weak and lame now, hmm Magic really does do a lot of damage to even cosmic beings in Marvel it seems, is it because magic is foreign to cosmic beings and more unprediactable?

It changes from showing to showing from the Cosmic, And I wouldn't call It a low showing for Surfer, Odin is just in a entire different League. Its the same then Thanos slaps Surfer around. Take Galactus for instance the God Blast (which is magical) draws out his Biosphere Energy, Agamotto in his Own Dimension Stalemate him, and Mephisto in his own Dimension (IMO) lost to Galactus. Both are Magical beings and both wasn't capable of defeating Galactus so it varies.

starlock

Magic can duplicate almost any power/stunt=very very versatile
lets say odin wanted to attack surfers willpower bypassing strength and body armor(skin,glaze) he could use magic

Just like psi powers would bypass strength and body armor...which magic could also duplicate

I know -i know, roleplaying systems dont mean anything...but in this instance i think it makes sense

llagrok
Odin.

No, Odin is just that much stronger than Norrin.

Burning thought
well usualyl people just say "speedblitz ftw" whenver a character is much faster, considering its said surfer can go trans-light speed, hyper space yet Odin as far as i know cannot compare with said speed it shows speed isnt everything

nvrbeenwthagirl
well usualyl people just say "speedblitz ftw" whenver a character is much faster, considering its said surfer can go trans-light speed, hyper space yet Odin as far as i know cannot compare with said speed it shows speed isnt everything
You can't speed blitz Odin. Especially not in his own wrealm.

Burning thought
You can't speed blitz Odin. Especially not in his own wrealm.

hmm confusing, why? ime a noob with Odin, is there a reason, are peoples speeds slowed down or seomthing?

nvrbeenwthagirl
hmm confusing, why? ime a noob with Odin, is there a reason, are peoples speeds slowed down or seomthing?
Speed is linked to direction and time. In Odin's wrealm he could turn you around and having you moving so slow to him. His perceptions aren't human or even cosmic. they are Godly. You might as well be crawling up to him. his wrealm is him. He's connected to it. How can you move and he not know it?

starlock

i cant speak for every one but...i dont see surfer speedblitzing anyone,maybe a one shot at high speeds, but i have never seen a speedblitz on panel with surfer punching or blasting people?

Now look at superman...we see allot of speedbitzing and multitasking....i dont think supes will beat surfer ,i am just giving an example...like flash with multiple punches and building and creating things , breaking them down etc

Harry Fingerman
Odin is EXTREMELY fast.
He just doesn't use it that much.

I believe he fought Forsung to the end of the universe, and back, creating suns, and took him out.

Also, it would be the firepower of three Surfer's, extremely powerful shields, with the ability to power up, and do crazy things.

Hmm, it's a weird battle.

Burning thought
Speed is linked to direction and time. In Odin's wrealm he could turn you around and having you moving so slow to him. His perceptions aren't human or even cosmic. they are Godly. You might as well be crawling up to him. his wrealm is him. He's connected to it. How can you move and he not know it?

i dunno wink as i said ime an Odin noob

what about his reaction speed though, if surfer was going at full speed at him, is his reaction speed seen as high enough? is it sated he has super reaction speed, i mean surfers speeds are incredible also what if it was not in odins realm

Burning thought
Originally posted by starlock
i cant speak for every one but...i dont see surfer speedblitzing anyone,maybe a one shot at high speeds, but i have never seen a speedblitz on panel with surfer punching or blasting people?

Now look at superman...we see allot of speedbitzing and multitasking....i dont think supes will beat surfer ,i am just giving an example...like flash with multiple punches and building and creating things , breaking them down etc

i see so surfer your saying cannot speedblitz you think? can he not attack while going at great speed?

Erik-Lensherr
I'm inclined to agree with a point brought here . Flying Speed = / = Fighting Speed . That's why eventough Surfer travels many times faster than light he still gets punched by Hulk , Thing and such . And then there's also the Black Panther "fight" in which he wasn't fast enough to avoid his attack , eventough most people call it Pis .

Harry Fingerman
Surfer never gets hit by Hulk or Thing, when he's actually trying to avoid an attack...

Apparently, Black Panther is faster than Surfer's board...

starlock
i see so surfer your saying cannot speedblitz you think? can he not attack while going at great speed?

Well i mean for one shot at a time....fly by and blast....fly away and repeat....maybe

But speedblitzing like superman and flash, where we see multiple hits and blurs while all in one panel......i have yet to see a scan of surfer doing anything like that, or when flash takes apart a weapon and puts it back together all in a blur....superman rebuilding a city all in a blur...still have not seen surfer do these things

I dont believe flying speed automaticly gives you speedbliting.
Lightning speed would ie...flash, superman,quicksilver, wonder woman, makari, zoom,.....we have seen may of these feats,but never for surfer

I do think surfer might be the fastest flyer out there...

Barbarian Shams
Odin like all Skyfathers from Marvel and DC is capable of amping all of his physical abilities to whatever level he sees fit. Thus his relative powerlevel is well beyond herald-level beings and thus explains why he oneshotted SS with ease.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.