What did SOCIETY make you do today that you didn't want to do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
Sometimes we have to do things because it's just the way it is, it's what society entails us to do. We don't have to do it, but we chose to in order to maintain the flow.

What did you do today that you didn't want to do, but you sorta had to, to keep the flow?

I stopped at a red light. erm

InnerRise
I held a door open for a girl.

It seems as soon as something like that comes along, society throws aside the whole Women and Men equal rights thing.

They want equal rights but they want us to open doors for them.....do all the dirty work around the house...etc...

Double Standard.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by InnerRise

It seems as soon as something like that comes along, society throws aside the whole Women and Men equal rights thing.

They want equal rights but they want us to open doors for them.....do all the dirty work around the house...etc...

Double Standard.

I know, it's a total catch 22. If I call my wife to see if she wants me to bring dinner home, she'll be like . .... "I was sleeping, you woke me up." But if I don't call her, she's like, "Why didn't you call me to see what I wanted to eat?" erm

Shelbert Lemon
I got dressed before I went out.

Double Standard.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Not true for all women. erm
I will hold the door open for a man or woman.... if Im there first. I just feel its polite.

Thorrin
I woke up.

Pandemoniac
Man, good thread!

Today, I used my car to get to work. And while thinking about melting glaciers, holes in the ozone, I still did it. Society demands me getting at work on time, and also tells me to get 8 hours of sleep. So I had to take the car cause I wake up way too late to make it on time riding a bicycle.

Reverend Axel
Put on clothes.

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon

Not true for all women. erm
I will hold the door open for a man or woman.... if Im there first. I just feel its polite.

Me too yes

Society made me leave my house today.
f*cker!

=Tired Hiker=
If Society was just one person, I'd slap him/her.

Alpha Centauri
Holding doors for women is something I choose to do because it's polite, it's not like the ask.

They're usually polite in return.

-AC

=Tired Hiker=
But if it were a guy, would you just slam it in his face? hmm

Reverend Axel
I have never gotten a BJ because I held the door open for some chick. Even though I deserve it.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
I have never gotten a BJ because I held the door open for some chick. Even though I deserve it.

You deserve two chicks! eek!

AbnormalButSane
Wear flip flops no expression

I walk like an infant in them.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Sometimes we have to do things because it's just the way it is, it's what society entails us to do. We don't have to do it, but we chose to in order to maintain the flow.

What did you do today that you didn't want to do, but you sorta had to, to keep the flow?

Stopping at a red light is actually a sensible social aspect of our lives. Next time, when you don't feel like it, run one.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Stopping at a red light is actually a sensible social aspect of our lives. Next time, when you don't feel like it, run one.

I know.

InnerRise
Made me go to class......pay attention......and take notes.

Soon it will cause me to study.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
SOCIETY didn't make me do anything that I don't already do. I shopped. Opened the door for people. Helped people cross the street. Bought comic books and some novels. Called some of friends on the phone also.

AbnormalButSane
Pay $10 for concealer

Captain REX
I generally tell people to have a good day when I buy things from a restaurant or 7-11 or such. It's a shitty job having to give people their food, might as well make them feel good about doing it.

Lana

Double Standard.

How does that have anything to do with equal rights or double standards? It's called being polite. I always hold doors for people regardless of who they are.

Good lord, have manners really vanished THAT much?

Captain REX
I apparently have really good manners when I need to.

Then again, my girlfriend's mom thinks I'm gay and I have girlish handwriting.

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=

Society can kiss my ass. I spit on society. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Disturbed Angel
Society can kiss my ass. I spit on society. no expression

Baylin
society made me have kids that want lots of christmas presents, therefore I have to work extra shifts in order to pay for them. So on what should have been a day off I've gotten up at 5.15am cycled to work, gotten ready, then had to deal with lame ass people for 12 hours.

Leo.M
Made me go to work.

rader
it e me act like everything was going ok when i was at work when it isnt in my personal life, but it is my responsibility to seggregate the 2. Some times you just want to let it all out, and when the coworker who you let it all out to is not there today cuz she pulled a muscle in her chest, BTW how do you do that. Sorry today is venting day cuz my coworker wasnt there to vent to so i apologize

Rogue Jedi
pay 2.69 for gas.

Darkstorm Zero

Get a 2nd job....

Rogue Jedi
working on that myself.

Shelbert Lemon
wake up *sighs*

Rogue Jedi
society made you wake up?

frankenfeltch
looked at half-naked girls walking down the street, and then they looked at me as if I was a pervert.

Go figure.

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
society made you wake up? yes... which leads to me having to get dressed erm

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
yes... which leads to me having to get dressed erm poor baby. when did clothes become mandatory? mad

Mairuzu
Sigh... went to boring work even though i feel like shiet

Syren

Rogue Jedi
I remember the good old days.

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Captain REX
I apparently have really good manners when I need to.

Then again, my girlfriend's mom thinks I'm gay and I have girlish handwriting.

crylaugh

petpet

AbnormalButSane
Originally posted by Syren

That's not society's fault, it's yours. Don't wear it honey smile

My friend told me I look as though I've been punched in the face...twice. no expression But perhaps your right...

InnerRise
Originally posted by Lana
How does that have anything to do with equal rights or double standards? It's called being polite. I always hold doors for people regardless of who they are.

Good lord, have manners really vanished THAT much? Concepts Lana.....Concepts.........

Have they vanished? On KMC they have.

Syren
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
My friend told me I look as though I've been punched in the face...twice. no expression But perhaps your right...

You might want to rethink your definition of 'friend'. Sounds like a b!tch to me erm

AbnormalButSane
confused Hmm, maybe, but he really did think I'd been punched...so I think that's why he said it.

But you're right. Not society's problem.

Syren
Fair enough, but you seem to have taken insult where it wasn't intended. You're an attractive girl yes

AbnormalButSane
Why thank you; you're really very nice.

And I probably did, but he wasn't the only one to ask me if I'd gotten in a brawl. So still, I wear concealer. no expression and pay $10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.