Silver Surfer vs. Peter Petrelli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DestinyGuy678
the peter I'm using is assuming he is at full power and knows how to use all of the powers he's collected

Entity
I love Peter but there's no way in hell he's winning this fight.
Even if he could somehow replicate Surfer's abilities.

Just ain't happening.

Now a Peter Petrelli vs Wolverine fight would be damn interesting. Hell I think I'll open it anyway and just pray they don't close it.

DestinyGuy678
peter would destroy wolverine easy, stop time, the nhe could either vaporize him with his nuclear manipulation or phase his brain out of his head, then teleport his corpse in the jurrasic era.

Entity
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
peter would destroy wolverine easy, stop time, the nhe could either vaporize him with his nuclear manipulation or phase his brain out of his head, then teleport his corpse in the jurrasic era. See thing is Peter isn't experianced enough to just do all that like nothing yet. But this isn't really the place to discuss this fight.

I did just open a thread for it thou. smile

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Entity
See thing is Peter isn't experianced enough to just do all that like nothing yet. But this isn't really the place to discuss this fight.

I did just open a thread for it thou. smile read what I said at the top, peter with knowledge of all of his powers

batdude123
Originally posted by Entity
See thing is Peter isn't experianced enough to just do all that like nothing yet. But this isn't really the place to discuss this fight.

the peter I'm using is assuming he is at full power and knows how to use all of the powers he's collected

DestinyGuy678
exactly, so I'm pretty sure with peters power he can take out the silver surfer stop time, ship out the board from under him (I know it doesn't take away his powers but it would distract him for a while) then pter is also stronger...

SnazzySmurph
exactly, so I'm pretty sure with peters power he can take out the silver surfer stop time, ship out the board from under him (I know it doesn't take away his powers but it would distract him for a while) then pter is also stronger... 1. Surfer is super-strong, and can make himself much stronger still (afaik)
2. Surfer is MUCH faster
3. Surfer can also manipulate time
5. Surfer is still much more versatile
6. Surfer's powers don't stem from a genetic anomaly, leading me to believe Peter couldn't copy them
7. Surfer would still have tons more expierience
8. Betcha didn't notice I skipped #4, didja?

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
1. Surfer is super-strong, and can make himself much stronger still (afaik)
2. Surfer is MUCH faster
6. Surfer's powers don't stem from a genetic anomaly, leading me to believe Peter couldn't copy them
8. Betcha didn't notice I skipped #4, didja? I've never heard of the surfer manipulating time, except by going fast enough to go back in time...that not the same effect though, peter can actually stop time...not much the surfer can do about that

llagrok
1. Surfer is super-strong, and can make himself much stronger still (afaik)
2. Surfer is MUCH faster
8. Betcha didn't notice I skipped #4, didja?

Don't you ever ****ing skip 4 again.

Surfer wins.

DestinyGuy678
how...I haven't heard very good reasons, peter can stop time..ca't beat that really

Symmetric Chaos
how...I haven't heard very good reasons, peter can stop time..ca't beat that really

Supposedly Surfer has a similar feat somewhere. Even barring that (which I would actually) Surfer still has better speed/reaction times and can KO Pete before he stops time.

llagrok

Surfer could kill him before he reacts.

SnazzySmurph
I've never heard of the surfer manipulating time, except by going fast enough to go back in time...that not the same effect though, peter can actually stop time...not much the surfer can do about that There's scans here and there. Near-positive he can do some snazzy stuff with wormholes.

But, his speed is SOOOOOOOOO much faster than Peter, that the point is moot.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by llagrok
Don't you ever ****ing skip 4 again.

Surfer wins. 4 beat me up and stole my lunch money. I'm just a typical grudge-bearing Smurph. schmoll

Cosmic Cube
I've never heard of the surfer manipulating time, except by going fast enough to go back in time...that not the same effect though, peter can actually stop time...not much the surfer can do about that Surfer can exist outside of time. stick out tongue

Cosmic Cube
4 beat me up and stole my lunch money. I'm just a typical grudge-bearing Smurph. schmoll
Super Mario would pwn Surfer.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Super Mario would pwn Surfer. Well...

yeah. srsly

Cosmic Cube
Well...

yeah. srsly You had better agree enthusiastically next time.

SnazzySmurph
You had better agree enthusiastically next time. Hmm... what are my alternatives?

Cosmic Cube
Hmm... what are my alternatives? Heinous death!!!

SnazzySmurph
Heinous death!!! furious

I HATE heinous things.

Death itself isn't so bad though.

Cosmic Cube
furious

I HATE heinous things.

Death itself isn't so bad though. Oh.

Well, I guess we could leave out the death part then.

Moreover, never question the supremacy and super-esqueness of Mario, lest thee be smitten!

Heinously!

SnazzySmurph
Oh.

Well, I guess we could leave out the death part then.

Moreover, never question the supremacy and super-esqueness of Mario, lest thee be smitten!

Heinously! Would I be smitten to say I was smitten with you?

Cosmic Cube
Would I be smitten to say I was smitten with you? My brain just melted a bit. Would you care to explain your statement?

I'm not into 'computer love' btw.

LOVE the song, though.

SnazzySmurph
My brain just melted a bit. Would you care to explain your statement?

I'm not into 'computer love' btw.

LOVE the song, though. Teh smitten meens dat i wuv u. sad

Not over cyberspace, I swear. Just... open your blinds...

Cosmic Cube
Teh smitten meens dat i wuv u. sad

Not over cyberspace, I swear. Just... open your blinds... Ok... What am I doing right now?

SnazzySmurph
Ok... What am I doing right now? Closing your pr0n.

Cosmic Cube
Closing your pr0n. What is pr0n? confused

shifty

SnazzySmurph
What is pr0n? confused

shifty Why do you think I was at your window? Certainly not for you...

Cosmic Cube
Why do you think I was at your window? Certainly not for you... Yeah, I hate the way I look too.

SnazzySmurph
Yeah, I hate the way I look too. Self loathing?

There are ways to deal with that.

Cosmic Cube
Self loathing?

There are ways to deal with that. Surgery, suicide, pizza, ice cream, video games...

SnazzySmurph
Surgery, suicide, pizza, ice cream, video games... Actually, I was talking about more pr0n.

I'm getting bored out here.

DestinyGuy678
Surfer can exist outside of time. stick out tongue really, hows he do that?

any wa they is stil lthe fact, like wolverine he can regenerate from a corpse, or phase through any cosmic blasts

however wouldn't the surfer need time to exis outside it, like move extremely fast, with his consiousness frozen how would he do that?

BlackJackal
Well to be fair, we don't know exactly how fast Peter is just yet, couple with teleportation AND intangibility, there's really nothing stopping him from hauling more @$$ than Madonna's underwear from the '80's.
If he knows how to use his arsenal of abilities, theres no reason why he couldn't stalemate surfer. If you're a creative mind, you could keep surfer guessing with a couple of simple stunts.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by BlackJackal
Well to be fair, we don't know exactly how fast Peter is just yet, couple with teleportation AND intangibility, there's really nothing stopping him from hauling more @$$ than Madonna's underwear from the '80's.
If he knows how to use his arsenal of abilities, theres no reason why he couldn't stalemate surfer. If you're a creative mind, you could keep surfer guessing with a couple of simple stunts. black panther managed to defeat the surfer...but he can beat anyone I think

question though, I know taking away SS boards doesn't take away all of his power immediatly like in the movie, but isn't that like his recharge, without it would his strength begin to go down?

magnuslives
silver surfer takes this, do you hate peter or something DestinyGuy678?

Bol Gath
black panther managed to defeat the surfer...but he can beat anyone I think

question though, I know taking away SS boards doesn't take away all of his power immediatly like in the movie, but isn't that like his recharge, without it would his strength begin to go down?

The "cosmic armbar" was among the worst crap I've ever seen in a comic book.
In one panel Surfer claims that he can fly through stars, and in the next. Voila, BP manages to hold him with an armbar!!!!!! WTF!

And no, taking away Surfers board doesn't weaken him. If it would be removed from under him, he would just call it back or make a new one.

And for the fight. Surfers blasts earth into dust result = no more Peter.
Seriously, Surfer can destroy planets, the worst we've seen from Peter is him going nuclear.

Conclusion = Peter may be cool and all but against Surfer... Well let's just say a hamburger stands a bigger chance of defeating The Blob!

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Bol Gath
In one panel Surfer claims that he can fly through stars, and in the next. Voila, BP manages to hold him with an armbar!!!!!! WTF!

And no, taking away Surfers board doesn't weaken him. If it would be removed from under him, he would just call it back or make a new one.

Seriously, Surfer can destroy planets, the worst we've seen from Peter is him going nuclear.

Conclusion = Peter may be cool and all but against Surfer... Well let's just say a hamburger stands a bigger chance of defeating The Blob! well actually that armbar thing made perfect sense, BP absorbed his cosmic energy, silver surfer was powerless when bp did that

peter still stops time.. or rewinds time if SS blows up the planet, ot is that not allowed?

BlackJackal
Peter knowing how to use his powers makes ALL the difference in the world to this one. I'm trying to recall but given the events in the first 2 episodes of the new season, does Peter also have the Haitian's ability to empty a person's head ? He could erase the surfer's entire life and leave him a drooling vegetable.

DestinyGuy678
Peter knowing how to use his powers makes ALL the difference in the world to this one. I'm trying to recall but given the events in the first 2 episodes of the new season, does Peter also have the Haitian's ability to empty a person's head ? He could erase the surfer's entire life and leave him a drooling vegetable. no unforetunately, I dont think they've met yet....acually they probably have...maybe thats why peter does't have his memories!....that kinda make sense right?

janus77
Surfer wins.
this is spite.

we've seen Hiro use the time stopping powers and they are local in effect. hell, in the last episode Hiro couldn't even prevent a murder, because he couldn't react fast enough with his powers.

now given +human+ reaction and processing limitations, no way is Peter going to be able to trap Surfer in suspended time.

Surfer's CA will alert him to ALL Peter's powers, from such a vast distance away (in space AND time) that Peter will not even know Surfer's approaching.

Furthermore, Surfer can go back in time, albeit not with anything like the ease with which Hiro does it but, it is there as a power nonetheless.

so Surfer could just go back in time and fight a different (weaker) version of Peter, if he so desired).

lastly, there's the simple observation that NOTHING Peter can do (power/force/energy-wise) could HURT the Surfer.

so even if he somehow got the drop on him with the time stopping, he would be buggered as to what to do to him... eventually Surfer would just re-enter normal time (as the effect wore off) and murder Peter.

Validus
well actually that armbar thing made perfect sense, BP absorbed his cosmic energy, silver surfer was powerless when bp did that

Wow. What the hell?

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Validus
Wow. What the hell? thats how Bllack panther beat the silver surfer

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer wins.
this is spite.

we've seen Hiro use the time stopping powers and they are local in effect. hell, in the last episode Hiro couldn't even prevent a murder, because he couldn't react fast enough with his powers.

now given +human+ reaction and processing limitations, no way is Peter going to be able to trap Surfer in suspended time.

Surfer's CA will alert him to ALL Peter's powers, from such a vast distance away (in space AND time) that Peter will not even know Surfer's approaching.

Furthermore, Surfer can go back in time, albeit not with anything like the ease with which Hiro does it but, it is there as a power nonetheless.

so Surfer could just go back in time and fight a different (weaker) version of Peter, if he so desired).

lastly, there's the simple observation that NOTHING Peter can do (power/force/energy-wise) could HURT the Surfer.

so even if he somehow got the drop on him with the time stopping, he would be buggered as to what to do to him... eventually Surfer would just re-enter normal time (as the effect wore off) and murder Peter. speaking like the peters precognition and mind reading will give him all possile scenarios and ways to prevent them when ifghitng against the surfer

plus hiros incident was PIS in order to show the samurai had healinng, he's stopped time before bullets hit him and before arrows hit someone else easily

Validus
thats how Bllack panther beat the silver surfer
There was no energy drain at that point. BP just overpowered Surfer.

Soljer
black panther managed to defeat the surfer...but he can beat anyone I think

laughing

No. no expression.

well actually that armbar thing made perfect sense, BP absorbed his cosmic energy, silver surfer was powerless when bp did that

Say what?

Peter knowing how to use his powers makes ALL the difference in the world to this one. I'm trying to recall but given the events in the first 2 episodes of the new season, does Peter also have the Haitian's ability to empty a person's head ? He could erase the surfer's entire life and leave him a drooling vegetable.

He's not a better telepath or reality manipulator than the likes that the Surfer's resisted on occasion after occasion.

Soljer
There was no energy drain at that point. BP just overpowered Surfer.

No he didn't.

The Surfer was stunned with a mixture of surprise and disgust when he witnessed McDuffie performing Oral Sex on T'Challa right in front of T'Challa's wife.

DestinyGuy678
There was no energy drain at that point. BP just overpowered Surfer. ..yes there was, he cam in with his machine took away his cosmic energy, then gave it to the human torch, silver surfer then tried to fight him without his powers and lost

Validus
..yes there was, he cam in with his machine took away his cosmic energy, then gave it to the human torch, silver surfer then tried to fight him without his powers and lost
I know about all that but that happened after the armbar fiasco.

DestinyGuy678
I know about all that but that happened after the armbar fiasco. ..yes and Iwas telling you how he beat silver surfer

Validus
..yes and Iwas telling you how he beat silver surfer
Yes and I was telling you Surfer was at full power there.

DestinyGuy678
Yes and I was telling you Surfer was at full power there. not when BP knocked him out

Merlyn
Why do people act like time manip. is something Surfer always uses? confused

Validus
not when BP knocked him out
Really? That isn't what you said before which is what we were discussing.

DestinyGuy678
Really? That isn't what you said before which is what we were discussing. my fault did they fight twice? sorry, I think mixed the two together, right now I'm talkin gabout the one where black panther steals his power cosmic then knocks him out....anyone who is super smart is unbeatable in the marvel universe

Validus
my fault did they fight twice? sorry, I think mixed the two together, right now I'm talkin gabout the one where black panther steals his power cosmic then knocks him out....anyone who is super smart is unbeatable in the marvel universe
Well you're certainly right about that.

Roldz
speaking like the peters precognition and mind reading will give him all possile scenarios and ways to prevent them when ifghitng against the surfer

plus hiros incident was PIS in order to show the samurai had healinng, he's stopped time before bullets hit him and before arrows hit someone else easily
Surfer also possess precog; albiet limited/localized.. Telepathy is within his reach as well, somethin his shown far better feat than Peter.. All this done through CA..

Peter ability to Stop time is not going to work against someone who can shield/manipulate chronal energies, all this Surfer has done so on panel..
Peter also have the Haitian's ability to empty a person's head ? He could erase the surfer's entire life and leave him a drooling vegetable.
Something requiring mental abilities (telepathy), unfortunately Peter or Haitian for that matter is nowhere close to Surfers mental prowess..
Originally posted by Merlyn
Why do people act like time manip. is something Surfer always uses? confused
Well his done/used it a few times (7-8x in past series), it is within his powers set.. There is no need to ? it..

Ohh! That BP saga is fall of Pis..

DestinyGuy678
I wouldnt say taht was PIS..he blasted with the full intent on kill the BP, something he would've normally done, especially considering he though bp was just going for a head on tackle

The Pict
He could erase the surfer's entire life and leave him a drooling vegetable.

You're giving Peter powers that he doesn't actually have.

Surfer wins every time.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Pict
You're giving Peter powers that he doesn't actually have.

Surfer wins every time.

Yeah he'd need some sort of time travel ability to do that shocklaugh

The Pict
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah he'd need some sort of time travel ability to do that shocklaugh

But how is he going to erase SS entire life and leave him a drooling vegetable? By traveling back to the middle ages? The Jurassic period? haermm

DestinyGuy678
But how is he going to erase SS entire life and leave him a drooling vegetable? By traveling back to the middle ages? The Jurassic period? haermm no he was talkin gabout the possibility (very likely) that peter has the hatians abilities

rotiart
Originally posted by Bol Gath

Conclusion = Peter may be cool and all but against Surfer... Well let's just say a hamburger stands a bigger chance of defeating The Blob!

surfers powers come from "starlight". While he's on earth he still has access to some starlight... but due to our pollution its a lesser amount... ie why surfer was weaker while trapped on earth.

Surfer has been shown before to be able to recreate his board and even fly without needing his board... in other comics without his board he can't fly at all... or recreate the board.. blame the writers...

btw. we don't know how long peter could say.... stop time for... if peter travels anywhere in the universe... surfer would be able to find him... he can track a dust mote across the universe...

however if peter travels through time... it might be harder... althought in the original volume 1 comics i think surfer did manage to travel back in time. but i may be mistaken as i don't remember the circumstances.

in the show any damage directly to the brain completely disables claire, or peter...

btw... heroes powers appears flagrantly based upon "mutation" and there is a virus out that removes your powers and eventually kills you.. i bring case to xmen and the legacy virus...

surfer has created a universal antibody before that saved an entire race from a myriad of diseases... its plausible he could create one that could disable the powers of a mutant...

but anyways... the main asset peter has is the time stop... time jump powers... which could make this a stalemate... but eitherwise.. theres no way he beats surfer... the guy flies into stars and suffers planet shattering blasts... peter can't do the damage needed...

Also it always shows that hiro/peter have to take a second to blink... think.. whatever their attack... speedblitz takes him out before he has that chance.

surfer 8/10... giving 2/10 for the stalemate 0/10 peter wins.

Bol Gath
Originally posted by rotiart
surfers powers come from "starlight". While he's on earth he still has access to some starlight... but due to our pollution its a lesser amount... ie why surfer was weaker while trapped on earth.

Surfer has been shown before to be able to recreate his board and even fly without needing his board... in other comics without his board he can't fly at all... or recreate the board.. blame the writers...

btw. we don't know how long peter could say.... stop time for... if peter travels anywhere in the universe... surfer would be able to find him... he can track a dust mote across the universe...

however if peter travels through time... it might be harder... althought in the original volume 1 comics i think surfer did manage to travel back in time. but i may be mistaken as i don't remember the circumstances.

in the show any damage directly to the brain completely disables claire, or peter...

btw... heroes powers appears flagrantly based upon "mutation" and there is a virus out that removes your powers and eventually kills you.. i bring case to xmen and the legacy virus...

surfer has created a universal antibody before that saved an entire race from a myriad of diseases... its plausible he could create one that could disable the powers of a mutant...

but anyways... the main asset peter has is the time stop... time jump powers... which could make this a stalemate... but eitherwise.. theres no way he beats surfer... the guy flies into stars and suffers planet shattering blasts... peter can't do the damage needed...

Also it always shows that hiro/peter have to take a second to blink... think.. whatever their attack... speedblitz takes him out before he has that chance.

surfer 8/10... giving 2/10 for the stalemate 0/10 peter wins.

Quoted for truth!

There is really no way Peter could harm Surfer. Hold him of for a short while? maybe. Defeat him? Never!

The Pict
no he was talkin gabout the possibility (very likely) that peter has the hatians abilities

When has Peter shown he has this ability?

SS wins via speed-blitz as soon as this fight starts. There's nothing Peter can do to him.

DestinyGuy678
When has Peter shown he has this ability?

SS wins via speed-blitz as soon as this fight starts. There's nothing Peter can do to him. time stop, he has super strength, can go nuclear, could go intangible to dodge surfer, blast him with electrisity...a lot he could do to harm him

Validus
time stop, he has super strength, can go nuclear, could go intangible to dodge surfer, blast him with electrisity...a lot he could do to harm him
You honestly think any of those attacks are going to beat a guy who can fly through stars?

His best form of attack is the nuclear explosion but Surfer has been ground zero at exploding planets and been unharmed. That's like saying a kid with a slingshot can take down a fighter jet.

DestinyGuy678
You honestly think any of those attacks are going to beat a guy who can fly through stars?

His best form of attack is the nuclear explosion but Surfer has been ground zero at exploding planets and been unharmed. That's like saying a kid with a slingshot can take down a fighter jet. yes, but he has been hurt with people from super strength however minimal

Draco69
yes, but he has been hurt with people from super strength however minimal

Peter is at best Class 5.

The psycho woman's strength has never been displayed as anything higher.

Actually Class 5 is generous. She doesn't even seem to be stronger than Buffy.

Surfer has been hurt by those with super-strength...like the Hulk.

Hulk is Class 100+.

Peter ain't.....

Harry Fingerman
yes, but he has been hurt with people from super strength however minimal He wasn't hurt by Huc (using all his strength), Shuc, Mindless Huc, or Iron Man...

Validus
yes, but he has been hurt with people from super strength however minimal
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6765/silversurfer03603iy4.jpg

Do you think Peter is stronger than She Hulk? I remind you the Heroes version of "super strength" hasn't been shown to do anything except knock people across small rooms.

Soljer
Originally posted by Draco69

Surfer has been hurt by those with super-strength...like the Hulk.

The Surfer has been unphased by the Hulk's blows on every occasion they've met.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Soljer
The Surfer has been unphased by the Hulk's blows on every occasion they've met. Like this one... especially this one.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/SurfervsHulk01.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/SurfervsHulk02.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/SurfervsHulk03.jpg

Soljer
The Hulk's best showing was against a Surfer that was totally cut off from the power cosmic during Planet Hulk. Oh, and he was reaching out to the Hulk in friendship when he got hit.

Oh, and the Surfer was still fine. Right after, he destroyed the control disks and flew off.

erm.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Soljer
The Hulk's best showing was against a Surfer that was totally cut off from the power cosmic during Planet Hulk. Oh, and he was reaching out to the Hulk in friendship when he got hit.

Oh, and the Surfer was still fine. Right after, he destroyed the control disks and flew off.

erm. After he just finished kicking huc, and his friends asses...

BentonGrey
This match just got a LOT more interesting, as Peter used two powers at the same time in tonight's episode. I still don't think he could win, but if he could use all of his powers with ease.......he'd put up a GREAT fight.

Draco69
Originally posted by BentonGrey
This match just got a LOT more interesting, as Peter used two powers at the same time in tonight's episode. I still don't think he could win, but if he could use all of his powers with ease.......he'd put up a GREAT fight.

He'd last a millisecond....

erm

Validus
No. Just no.

BentonGrey
If he could use his time manipulation to full ability, plus his offensive powers, you have to admit that it would make things more interesting. If nothing else, going nuclear in the Surfer's face would have to sting.

Draco69
If he could use his time manipulation to full ability, plus his offensive powers, you have to admit that it would make things more interesting. If nothing else, going nuclear in the Surfer's face would have to sting.

No. It wouldn't.

erm

Surfer's taken a supernova in the face. He was unfazed.

Petrilli won't put a dent in him and he won't last a millisecond.

Here's what's gonna happen:

Bell rings for fight to begin.

A fraction of a pectosecond after the bell rings, Surfer turns Petrelli into a pizza....

Validus
Surfer flies through stars. Nuclear explosion? no expression

Kurash
could peter even absorb surfer? hes not exactly human, hard to say how his powers woul react

Draco69
Originally posted by Kurash
could peter even absorb surfer? hes not exactly human, hard to say how his powers woul react

Peter can only absorb "those like him" as stated in Heroes. I.E. "mutants" like Claire or Hiro.

If he could absorb Surfer a completely different species (not even going into the power cosmic deal...) he can absorb the abilities of a dog....

Kurash
Originally posted by Draco69
Peter can only absorb "those like him" as stated in Heroes. I.E. "mutants" like Claire or Hiro.

If he could absorb Surfer a completely different species (not even going into the power cosmic deal...) he can absorb the abilities of a dog....

thats what i was thinkin, either way he gets obliterated before he even thinks

nvrbeenwthagirl
This isn't even a fight. Surfer Owns him. Restructuring his dna so that he doesn't have any powers at all.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
This isn't even a fight. Surfer Owns him. Restructuring his dna so that he doesn't have any powers at all. ...since when can he do that?

Soljer
...since when can he do that?

Since he was the Silver god-damned Surfer.

He did it to God-Cable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.