The Nemesis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great

Snafu the Great
Nobody's respecting the Nemesis?

Neo Darkhalen
Anyone else feel RE3, was nothing more then a game of cat and mouse, just with the Res title, and ideas.

Nemesis X
I see I was beaten to it but it ain't my fault, it's the retarded search function in this forum. Anyways, time to start respecting...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TxD0uZ9_hzs/ShizcprHFpI/AAAAAAAAB9A/x8zWED5Xp5w/s400/Nemesis_problemsolved.jpg

stargun
A nice strenght feat for Nemesis;

GF2vlPK0Gzc

Stealth Moose
Very nice, but probably not canon. Nemmy couldn't break through the RC Precinct doors, while T-103 was casually breaking down walls that offended him in some vague way. The idea that he could push a bus like that makes you wonder if he just didn't want to break down the doors (in which case he's enjoying the cat and mouse) or the new game's non-canon/remaking canon.

For the record, RE 3 was one of my all-time favorites specifically because the idea of being perpetually stalked by the big mean and impossible to kill Nemesis made it much more tense and scary than any amount of zombies.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

For the record, RE 3 was one of my all-time favorites specifically because the idea of being perpetually stalked by the big mean and impossible to kill Nemesis made it much more tense and scary than any amount of zombies.

thumb up

Wonder why they didn't continue to add that element.

Nemesis X
Very nice, but probably not canon. Nemmy couldn't break through the RC Precinct doors, while T-103 was casually breaking down walls that offended him in some vague way. The idea that he could push a bus like that makes you wonder if he just didn't want to break down the doors (in which case he's enjoying the cat and mouse) or the new game's non-canon/remaking canon.

1) Jill was in an area that had a save point. No way Capcom's dumb enough to throw the game's antagonist in those safe zones unless they want to face a barrage of fan complaints.

2) The door was just to startle the player. Remember, in the 90's, RE was a horror game with moments that made you burst out laughing after you survive a near heart attack and I won't lie when I say I jumped when those doors moved 'cause I did not have enough herbs to survive that fight haermm

3) Did Nemesis not burst through a solid concrete wall like it was nothing? Your argument is invalid.

EDIT- 4) I'm confused now. When you say "T-103," do you mean Nemesis still or are you talking about Mr. X? I think he has wall busting feats as well.

Hopefully this element will return in Resident Evil 6 when Wesker Junior is chased by that giant seen in the trailers.

Kazenji

For the record, RE 3 was one of my all-time favorites specifically because the idea of being perpetually stalked by the big mean and impossible to kill Nemesis .

Don't know about impossible to kill because he can be defeated and from it you get gun parts.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nemesis X
1) Jill was in an area that had a save point. No way Capcom's dumb enough to throw the game's antagonist in those safe zones unless they want to face a barrage of fan complaints.

Ignoring obvious gameplay mechanics, it arises the question of "could Nemesis break down the doors". There's no logical reason for Nemesis, who otherwise tends to charge right at Jill with the express purpose of killing her, would opt not to break them down.

I'm well aware of early horror tactics. But this is feeding in speculation. RE does a lot of cheap scare tactics, but looking at it objectively, there's a reason to doubt Nemesis is strong enough to push that bus.

No, my argument is still valid. You've shown Nemesis stomping through an already damaged ceiling which was already bowing in from pressure. Is it considerable strength? Yes. But not enough to manhandle that bus. A lot of that could be his considerable weight. I'm sure if a four-five hundred pound individual hopped on that crunched floor a few times, it'd fall right through.

It's widely known that T-103 is the alternate name of Mr. X. That was my whole point. I can believe that Mr. X can backhand a car or push a bus because he can -literally- walk through walls. Nemesis has not shown the exact same level of strength, although he's no weakling either.

Nemesis X
Ignoring obvious gameplay mechanics, it arises the question of "could Nemesis break down the doors". There's no logical reason for Nemesis, who otherwise tends to charge right at Jill with the express purpose of killing her, would opt not to break them down.

If he didn't have the strength to open doors, you wonder how he got in the police station at all. Dude, enough. Whether you like it or not, gameplay mechanics made Nemesis not go in there. If it makes you feel better, think of it this way: Nemmy was about to open the doors but then thought to himself "I'll surprise her up ahead." There. Good enough for ya?

And this conversation is happening because of gameplay mechanics...

Look, If he was as weak as you're implying, he wouldn't have reached Raccoon City Park. Heck, he wouldn't have even reached the clock tower.

A ceiling? Last I checked, I was showing Nemesis bursting through a wall (that was intact before he started hitting it mind you) from the second floor. When did we suddenly start talking about his scene in Umbrella Chronicles?

But aren't both Mr. X and Nemesis T-103s? You're saying trenchy can do all that but Nemesis can't even though, again, they're T-103s? Now you're just avoiding facts. Nemesis has shown he can go through walls.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nemesis X
If he didn't have the strength to open doors, you wonder how he got in the police station at all.

He broke through the window. Even I remember that, and I haven't played the game in like ten years.

You have not conclusively proven this with a verifiable source other than "I think it is; therefore it is". That's called proof by assertion, and it's false reasoning. If you had an official game guide behind the scenes insert, interview with Capcom, etc. that confirms this fact, or better - credits the bus scene as canon, then we'd be settled. But simply saying "it is so" is foolish. You're no authority, and you've been wrong twice so far that I've counted on RE3 evidence, one of which you presented yourself.

Weak as I'm implying? How weak is that? Or are you strawmanning here? I've indicated that it is doubtful for RE3 Nemesis to have canonically pushed that bus with such ease since he has no preceding similar strength feat in the game. His decision or inability to not break down the precinct doors is important - I'm pretty sure a multi-ton bus would break those down easily. If Nemesis can toy with a bus, he should have been able to break down the doors.

You can assume as a player that yeah, he didn't because people needed a break to catch their breath from a major encounter. But that's not a situation of gameplay mechanics invalidating common sense; if you're asking a common sense question of "Can Nemesis do X" you can't arbitrarily throw out valid evidence to support the claim either way.

Or in laymen's, you can't just ignore context and arrive at a sensible answer to the question.

Your vision is either selective or impaired. The video you presented showed it was the ceiling (hence why the crack was bowing downwards, not to the side) and Nemesis came flying down after he broke through.

Pay attention please.

No, he hasn't. And they're both not the same thing. T-103 is a mass-produced Tyrant from Sheena Island, and is T-virus infused and surgically enhanced. The Nemesis is a different bioweapon manufactured in France by another branch of Umbrella and uses a specific parasite for its enhanced intelligence and controllability.

Two seconds on Google netted me this, so there's no excuse for your ignorance, especially in a situation where you insist on being dismissive towards my valid point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.