Hal vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

[BAW]Endrict
Who wins?

Erik-Lensherr
I see Hal as taking the majority .

pr1983
Not sure if this has been done before, but interesting match all the same, kudos...

Hal for the majority imo...

quanchi112
hal for sure here. the baddest of the green lanterns defeats this martian.

BentonGrey
Hmm....great match, but I'm not really sure...can't MM just shut down Hal's mind? I think you'd have a pretty good split.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
John's good but Hal is too strong for him..

Soljer
Hal.

Lord Shaper
Hal Jordan all the way.

Avlon
Hal could simply have his GL aura generate flame.

While it's not the weakness it once was to Jonn, nevertheless it should help out quite a bit.

Validus
No flame needed. John Stewart rendered Manhunter helpless with a damn bubble.

Desaad
Originally posted by BentonGrey
Hmm....great match, but I'm not really sure...can't MM just shut down Hal's mind? I think you'd have a pretty good split.

He's already shown the ability to protect himself totally from J'onn's TP.

BentonGrey
Bad writing, if you ask me, J'onn should easily be a match for just about anyone in the DCU.

SnazzySmurph
J'onn should easily be a match for just about anyone in the DCU. Reported.

Blur
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Reported. Reported for reporting.

Soljer
Bad writing, if you ask me, J'onn should easily be a match for just about anyone in the DCU.

laughing

Priest
J'onn sucks, Hal ftw

BentonGrey
What? What in the world would you be reporting me for? Anyroad, I'd see J'onn at least take a few here.

Galan007
J'onn = a green b*tch.

He looses. doped

Priest
What? What in the world would you be reporting me for? Anyroad, I'd see J'onn at least take a few here.
we call that bashing here

BentonGrey
Alright, I hate to go off topic like this, but I'm terribly confused. I just read through the rules, and bashing is defined as attacking another poster....so...how is saying that Martian Manhunter has been badly written attacking another poster? How is giving my opinion about how he should be treated by DC an attack on anyone here?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Hal wins 7/10

CaptainStoic
Alright, I hate to go off topic like this, but I'm terribly confused. I just read through the rules, and bashing is defined as attacking another poster....so...how is saying that Martian Manhunter has been badly written attacking another poster? How is giving my opinion about how he should be treated by DC an attack on anyone here?

Don't take it to heart, you're being played with.

Hal FTW

Galan007
Alright, I hate to go off topic like this, but I'm terribly confused. I just read through the rules, and bashing is defined as attacking another poster....so...how is saying that Martian Manhunter has been badly written attacking another poster? How is giving my opinion about how he should be treated by DC an attack on anyone here? T'was a joke --- No need to get upset about it. smile

BentonGrey
Ha, good, I'm still rather new to this forum, I hated to think that I'd inadvertently done something wrong.smile

Validus
Supporting Martian Manhunter IS wrong.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ha, good, I'm still rather new to this forum, I hated to think that I'd inadvertently done something wrong.smile

You will get to learn quickly when someone is jerking your chain. Do not be disheartened by the dry humor. Just take a drink of water and snap back.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Validus

I've always thought MM was pretty uber.

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
You will get to learn quickly when someone is jerking your chain. Do not be disheartened by the dry humor. Just take a drink of water and snap back.
I've always thought MM was pretty uber. Good example. thumb up

Validus
Hence why you need to stop posting.

Symmetric Chaos

Only morally.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Eat my snaggle Puss. laughing laughing laughing

Soljer

Beat the shit out of Wonder Woman Uber?

Sure.

Be anywhere CLOSE to Hal's league?

Hell no.

Harry Fingerman
Eat my snaggle Puss. laughing laughing laughing Originally posted by Validus

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Beat the shit out of Wonder Woman Uber?

Sure.

Be anywhere CLOSE to Hal's league?

Hell no.
cute. He won't beat Diana tho.

Soljer
cute. He won't beat Diana tho.

You talking about Hal or J'onn?

Cause, I mean, J'onn sucks hard...but....

Validus
Nah, lets not get crazy. Wonder Woman sucks but J'onn blows. Sucking > Blowing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nah, lets not get crazy. Wonder Woman sucks but J'onn blows. Sucking > Blowing
Your opinion. Basically you are saying that Only Superman and GL HAL are worthy anything. Kinda makes DC suck if you think in those terms.

Harry Fingerman
Your opinion. Basically you are saying that Only Superman and GL HAL are worthy anything. Kinda makes DC suck if you think in those terms. No, he just knows that both of those characters suck... and MM blows, and so does Martian Mind.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
No, he just knows that both of those characters suck... and MM blows, and so does Martian Mind.
Well I love Wonder Woman. And I like MM alot. So I tend to disagree with you and him. They do not suck.

Soljer
Your opinion. Basically you are saying that Only Superman and GL HAL are worthy anything. Kinda makes DC suck if you think in those terms.

I never know that DC consisted of only Superman, Hal, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter.

Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter sucking does not make DC suck.

smile.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I never know that DC consisted of only Superman, Hal, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter.

Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter sucking does not make DC suck.

smile.

I dont' think either of them suck. Sucking characters would be Gorrila Grodd, the penguin, hawk man, aquaman, captain marvel. Those characters SUCk.

Soljer
I dont' think either of them suck. Sucking characters would be Gorrila Grodd, the penguin, hawk man, aquaman, captain marvel. Those characters SUCk.

And everyone you named are a hell of a lot better than J'onn or Wonder Woman.

Hell, even Super Friends Aquaman....

nvrbeenwthagirl
And everyone you named are a hell of a lot better than J'onn or Wonder Woman.

That is your right to think so. It doesnt' make it law.

Harry Fingerman
Well I love Wonder Woman. And I like MM alot. So I tend to disagree with you and him. They do not suck. So does Darkseid as a matter of fact. Sad when a "pale imitation" surpasses him...

Hell, JLA had a cover of all of the badasses:
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5241/jla01301a01bck7.th.jpg

Where's Darkseid?

Symmetric Chaos
So does Darkseid as a matter of fact. Sad when a "pale imitation" surpasses him...

Where's Darkseid?

Right there. *points*

Validus
No offense but that might be the worst logic ever.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So does Darkseid as a matter of fact. Sad when a "pale imitation" surpasses him...

Where's Darkseid?
Thanks for the cover. But if you think this is all of the DC bad asses then you got another thing coming. SBP. Antimonitor, Hank Henshaw, Doomsday, Ect. That is quite a team luthor has assembled tho. Scary.

Harry Fingerman
Thanks for the cover. But if you think this is all of the DC bad asses then you got another thing coming. SBP. Antimonitor, Hank Henshaw, Doomsday, Ect. That is quite a team luthor has assembled tho. Scary. Those guys are pretty much dead to everyone though, when the cover came out (meaning; no one's really encountered them for a while; SBP's trapped, Anti-Monitor is supposedly dead, and Henshaw was being held by the Guardians to everyone else, except comic readers).

And Doomsday's busy wearing Superman's jock.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Those guys are pretty much dead to everyone though, when the cover came out (meaning; no one's really encountered them for a while; SBP's trapped, Anti-Monitor is supposedly dead, and Henshaw was being held by the Guardians to everyone else, except comic readers).

And Doomsday's busy wearing Superman's jock.

Doomsday was knocked out by A precrisis superman and current. Not one supers. And DS is currently occupied as well. Being behind countdown and all.

Priest
Doomsday was knocked out by A precrisis superman and current. Not one supers. And DS is currently occupied as well. Being behind countdown and all.
An very Old Precrisis superman who was trading blows with E1 superman a few pages before mind you.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
An very Old Precrisis superman who was trading blows with E1 superman a few pages before mind you. Who still managed to punch his way out of time or something like that. Who was basically handing E1 superman. Next.

TricksterPriest
So nobody's seen Doomsday since IC? And is that Validus in the left corner in front of Chemo? I see Sinsestro as well.........hmm Solomon Grundy is still wearing a suit, so it looks like he's no longer a retarded monkey.

Harry Fingerman
Doomsday was knocked out by A precrisis superman and current. Not one supers. And DS is currently occupied as well. Being behind countdown and all. I thought his last appearance was the Gog Wars... might have to check the year though.

Despero's also occupied being dead and all...

nvrbeenwthagirl
I thought his last appearance was the Gog Wars... might have to check the year though.

Despero's also occupied being dead and all... Despero has been dead for quite sometime.

TricksterPriest
I spotted Circe in the lower left corner. Didn't Granny Goodness depower her? and for that matter, why is Granny working with these guys?

Validus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I spotted Circe in the lower left corner. Didn't Granny Goodness depower her? and for that matter, why is Granny working with these guys?
She's not. It's just a cover of notable bad guys hence why DS isn't there.

TricksterPriest
She's not. It's just a cover of notable bad guys hence why DS isn't there.
durfist DS created the first secret society of super villains.

and regarding Despero, a version of him that looks like his pre-flame of pytar appearence seems to have teamed up with the Ultra-Humanite and Degaton in the future.

Harry Fingerman
Despero has been dead for quite sometime. And yet he's still on the cover.

What's Darkseid's excuse? Blowing?

Validus
durfist DS created the first secret society of super villains.
And yet Lex and Joker didn't even ask him back. Poor DS. sad

nvrbeenwthagirl
And yet he's still on the cover.

What's Darkseid's excuse? Blowing?

Too powerful. Luthor couldn't get a God to join a team of lowly earth supervillians.

TricksterPriest
And yet he's still on the cover.

What's Darkseid's excuse? Blowing? http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Darkseid/newgodsdying.jpg

He's busy manipulating everyone with his chess board.

Harry Fingerman
Too powerful. Luthor couldn't get a God to join a team of lowly earth supervillians. How'd he get a dead person to join?

BentonGrey
Is anyone else curious about how in the blue blazes Jason Todd is even enough worth Darkseid's attention that he shows up on his chessboard?

Harry Fingerman
Is anyone else curious about how in the blue blazes Jason Todd is even enough worth Darkseid's attention that he shows up on his chessboard? Because Darkseid has to focus on powerless humans?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Is anyone else curious about how in the blue blazes Jason Todd is even enough worth Darkseid's attention that he shows up on his chessboard?

Becuz jason todd is one of the keys to the multiverse. Same reason the powerful monitors see him as a threat.

Validus
He's busy manipulating everyone with his chess board.
Playing chess is a great feat.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Playing chess is a great feat.
It is when you use it to manipulate reality.

Avlon
Playing chess alone is a great feat.

Corrected.

BentonGrey
Becuz jason todd is one of the keys to the multiverse. Same reason the powerful monitors see him as a threat.

Ohh man, I wish that you were joking.......well, I suppose this is why I don't bother reading the modern comics. Thanks for the answer.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ohh man, I wish that you were joking.......well, I suppose this is why I don't bother reading the modern comics. Thanks for the answer.

has something to do with Superboy prime messing up history or something. And jason is some kind of abberation to the multiverse.

BentonGrey
Well, I suppose they have the 'aberration' part right...

TricksterPriest

It's not anything that Jason Todd himself can do. It's that his very existence is an anomaly. He's not supposed to exist in the first place.

And that board has more people than Jason on it. It's also got Ray Palmer and several members of the JLA, JSA and other groups.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.