Reasons Why The End of The World Is Bullshit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mirai Gohan
1. Scientists claim that the sun will turn into a red giant & cause a supernova. Well, for one, I deem this impossible for two reasons. The first reason is that red stars are generally cool & not hot. The second reason is that I find there to not be any logical explanation as to how this could happen.

2. Global warming is just bullshit. I don't believe in it at all.

3. I seriously doubt humans will become extinct. Even though it's hard to believe, we are the smartest beings to ever live on this planet so I doubt we'll ever become extinct. We are the top predators on the planet so this reason is flawed.

Honestly, these are just a few reasons why I think the whole end of the world argument is bogus. I do know that the world can end, I just don't think that it will.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
1. Scientists claim that the sun will turn into a red giant & cause a supernova. Well, for one, I deem this impossible for two reasons. The first reason is that red stars are generally cool & not hot. The second reason is that I find there to not be any logical explanation as to how this could happen.

3. I seriously doubt humans will become extinct. Even though it's hard to believe, we are the smartest beings to ever live on this planet so I doubt we'll ever become extinct. We are the top predators on the planet so this reason is flawed.

Honestly, these are just a few reasons why I think the whole end of the world argument is bogus. I do know that the world can end, I just don't think that it will.

1. As the sun loses mass over time (a long time, I think 3 billion years was what I heard on the last Nova special I watched, which was a while ago), it's only natural that this loss in mass will allow it to expand (translation: cool, hence become red rather than yellow) due to a less powerful gravity field generated from it.

2. I don't think it will result in our extinction, but it will result in climate change.

3. Cobalt bomb ftw.

Admiral Akbar

1.) You want a logical explanation? Go google "Supernovas" and you will get one.
2.) Good for you
3.)You can't possibily know what will happen to us.

Mirai Gohan
Even if it becomes a red giant, we should still be able to live. The only difference between a red & yellow star is that you'll either get a little more or little less energy from one or the other.

AngryManatee
Even if it becomes a red giant, we should still be able to live. The only difference between a red & yellow star is that you'll either get a little more or little less energy from one or the other.

It's less energy output compared to a yellow, but when it becomes a red giant, it's radius will expand massively. When this happens the energy being released from it will be much more direct, subsequently cooking us. Even better, it could just expand to such a size as to engulf us in its expansion, ftw.

Mirai Gohan
Exactly how accurate is this theory that the yellow sun will become a red giant?

AngryManatee
Exactly how accurate is this theory that the yellow sun will become a red giant?

I'm only in 1st Semester Engineering Physics, but it's practically common sense from a physics perspective on nuclear fusion. Stars sustain themselves because of the fusion reaction happening at their core. This reaction is possible due to the massive amounts of gravity at the core along with the massive amounts of energy (ex: heat) that are generated and subsequently released.

While this happens, the mass of the star (or the available fuel for fusion) is slowly used up, as observed in such experiments as the JET and JT-60 torrus fusion reactors, and the Z-machine. As this mass is slowly diminished (over a period of billions of years, which is why fusion power is described as a source of limitless energy), the field of gravity begins to weaken, which means that the size of the star expands because it has less gravity to compress it. Result: Fusion processes begin to lose efficiency (due to a diminished environment for fusion), mass expands due to less gravity compression, and also a relatively cooler, red, sun.

Mirai Gohan
Okay, I get this & how it could possibly explode but I'm not buying the sun exploding. Afterall, it is just a theory.

AngryManatee
Okay, I get this & how it could possibly explode but I'm not buying the sun exploding. Afterall, it is just a theory.

Scientific theory, mind you.

Mirai Gohan
Yes, it's a scientific theory but it doesn't make it true. It actually leans over to the false side quite a bit, as with most theories.

AngryManatee
Yes, it's a scientific theory but it doesn't make it true. It actually leans over to the false side quite a bit, as with most theories.

That observation is rather incorrect. If it were predominantly false, than it would be rejected as a theory. Scientific theories are classified as such because they are predominantly verified as true by experimental evidence.

Edit: This is not to say that theories are immovable in their relevance, it means that they are accepted based on our ability to test it. In other words, if we come up with better methods of testing the theory in the future, they may prove it to be false, or they may support it even further.

Mirai Gohan
All I'm saying is that we don't know anything for sure.

dadudemon
1. The sun burns hydrogen for its fuel but what happens when most of that fuel is burnt up? The sun will expand into a red Giant due to the sun trying to reach a new hydrostatic equilibrium due to heavier elements being fused at the core.

This expansion will envelop the Earth.

The sun will eventually NOVA...not super nova....but nova. Our local star is not massive enough to supernova.

Our sun will turn into a Red Giant in about 4.5 billion years.

2. Global warming isn't bullshit and you don't have to believe in it at all.

3. I agree with you there.

Schecter

i think winter is bullshit. snow is actually scorching hot.

hell yeah. but i have to disagree with your first point. stars are bullshit. i dont believe in them. they are actually pinholes which the lord jesus christ poked in the sky.

exactly. our ability to kill other animals renders us impervious to extinction. surely it is impossible for the human race to die off...i mean...we make microwave ovens and microprocessors and stuff like that. we could do some mcguyver shit with all that and invent something to make us immortal.

i think you're right. the evidence is overwhelming. you think you're right, you believe you're right, you know you're right. case closed.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

"I deem this scientific theory impossible for two reasons.".

Stop the presses, obscure and unknown KMC poster, Mirai Gohan, has something to say.

Go on.

-AC

lord xyz
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

Stop the presses, obscure and unknown KMC poster, Mirai Gohan, has something to say.

Go on.

-AC laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
*Everyone at NASA, the world's best scientists in a lab working on things, doors fly open*

"STOP!", "Who are you?!", "I'm Mirai Gohan from KMC Forums. I have something to say that none of you have possibly thought of.".

-AC

Magee
So Mirai Gohan because you can't understand some thing its bullshit? Your uneducated opinion means nothing, no one cares.

JacopeX
2. Global warming is just bullshit. I don't believe in it at all. *High fives* big grin

SelphieT

It's nothing to believe in, it's not like religion, it is happening right now as we speak. It's already begun.

We may be the smartest beings now, but what makes you think we'll be replaced by something else? Something smarter?

ADarksideJedi

We don't know what is going to happen when this world ends or when it will be.People believe different stuff so this is what you think but not everyone is going to argee with iyou.
We have to wait and see for this one.jm cool

SelphieT
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
We don't know what is going to happen when this world ends or when it will be.People believe different stuff so this is what you think but not everyone is going to argee with iyou.

I understand what you are saying, but not everyone is just going to wait and see how the world will end.

Some of us, hopefully majority will take action, including myself. I don't want the world to end while I'm alive.

Mindship
All I'm saying is that we don't know anything for sure. That sounded pretty sure.

Bardiel13

1. You are misinformed. It is impossible for the sun to NOT become a red giant. Trying to disprove theories on something you know nothing about makes you look like a total idiot, keep that in mind. I can understand that the thought of humans being extinct scares you, but be rest assured you won't live long enough to see mankind die.

2. I know very little about global warming and everything from both sides seems to sound like propaganda. Either way, I won't stop you from thinking that way.

3. Now, you're just thinking wishfully. Nothing can last forever, not even a race. We have the technology to kill everything on this planet and all it would take to do so is a madman and lord knows there are plenty of them on Earth. It is very possible that by the time the Earth ends, mankind would have moved on and settled out of the sun's nova radius, but it seems likely we will have died out altogether before then.

BackFire
Doesn't matter. Humanity will be go extinct before Global Warming would kill us or before the sun would explode.

Why? Because as you said, humans are the best predators on earth. And we usually prey on ourselves.

SelphieT
Originally posted by BackFire
Doesn't matter. Humanity will be go extinct before Global Warming would kill us or before the sun would explode.

Why? Because as you said, humans are the best predators on earth. And we usually prey on ourselves.

*tackles*

Indeed.

lord xyz
Eventually, we will all live on the Moon.

CaptainStoic
All matter dies, so of course the end of the world is coming. Just not in our life time. So in essence it is not bullshit.

dadudemon
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
All matter dies, so of course the end of the world is coming. Just not in our life time. So in essence it is not bullshit.

Yeah, at about 10^40 years, protons will decay...then between 10^100 and 10^150 years, all matter will be converted into photons.

A noteworthy mention is following particle decay is heat death and another theory on the fate of the Universe is a Big Rip.

Another one is supersymmestry. Our universe could collapse in on itself.

There are many ways the world could come to an end.

Violent2Dope

Honestly, these are just a few reasons why I think the whole end of the world argument is bogus. I do know that the world can end, I just don't think that it will. 1. Yeah, red stars are cool, but when it supernovas it will also get much bigger, and its "cool" ass will melt us off the face of the solar system.

2. Good for your opinion.

3. Yeah, and us "smart" beings have really been showing it by the way we kill eachother all the time, and blow up eachothers buildings. Yeah, no way a race of self-murdering super smart creatures like us will go extinct.

On a side note, Schecter made the funniest post in this thread. Lol.

Bicnarok

WrathfulDwarf
You know....all this stuff about the sun growing into a supernova and it will take millions of years to happen....who the F cares?

Like if we're going to stop it somehow.

Everyone stop worring about the end of the world. Just concern yourselves with your own end.

botankus
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

Go on.

-AC

On the contrary, he came straight from the comic book forum. I think we'd better listen.

Robtard

Well, if you happen to be a Kryptonian, the latter will give you super powers and possibly a mullet.

As far as your "humans can't/won't be completely killed off" ideas... did you consider viruses as a possibility?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Robtard
Well, if you happen to be a Kryptonian, the latter will give you super powers and possibly a mullet.

As far as your "humans can't/won't be completely killed off" ideas... did you consider viruses as a possibility?

That was a good one laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing evil face

Lana
Mirai Gohan, go take a science class, okay?

You don't know what you're talking about, at all.

Bardiel13

Violent2Dope
I am a god, I need to fear such earthly matters as the end of the world.

On a serious note, Gohan, you're an alright guy, but you don't really know what you were talking about when you made this thread mane.

lord xyz
Why you shouldn't care abouth the end of the world:

1. Most claims are bullshit
2. The ones that aren't will happen in a long time and can't be stopped

All that needs to be said.

smoker4
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi

Originally posted by SelphieT
I understand what you are saying,

Please forward codex to the relevant authorities

Mirai Gohan
Seriously, you guys are funny. And Lana, I think you'd better say more than "You don't know what you're talking about." Okay? Now, I know quite a deal about science (seeing as it's one of the many classes I'm passing in) but all I'm saying is the it's just one big theory because no one can even visit the sun. Also, I'm not really saying humanity won't ever end as it could but even if it does, it won't be anytime soon.

Draco69
Seriously, you guys are funny. And Lana, I think you'd better say more than "You don't know what you're talking about." Okay? Now, I know quite a deal about science (seeing as it's one of the many classes I'm passing in) but all I'm saying is the it's just one big theory because no one can even visit the sun. Also, I'm not really saying humanity won't ever end as it could but even if it does, it won't be anytime soon.

God help us.

Our education system is clearly failing us.

sad

Mirai Gohan
Yeah, you're one of the rejects.

Schecter

wait a minute. random guy is passing a random high school science class. clearly his opinion on the universe trumps scientific theory.

dadudemon

Care to address my comments?

I took you seriously and responded seriously.

Schecter
the clown demands an answer. dont make him honk his horn twice!

Bicnarok

Schecter

Lana
Originally posted by Schecter
wait a minute. random guy is passing a random high school science class. clearly his opinion on the universe trumps scientific theory.

According to his profile, he's 13. He's not even in high school yet.

See, the very fact that you're saying "it's just a theory" shows that you know very little of what you're talking about. People don't just come up with any wild idea and call it a theory. Science doesn't work that way. Something isn't considered a theory without a considerable amount of research and evidence. People have been studying this for a long, long time.

The sun will eventually turn into a red giant, expand a lot, and engulf the Earth. Even before it expands that far all of life on Earth will be killed because guess what - stars are hot. And that heat radiates a long way. Consider the fact that we are 93 million miles away from the sun. The sun's diameter expanding by just a million miles will have a huge effect on the climates of the Earth.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Lana

See, the very fact that you're saying "it's just a theory" shows that you know very little of what you're talking about. People don't just come up with any wild idea and call it a theory. Science doesn't work that way. Something isn't considered a theory without a considerable amount of research and evidence. People have been studying this for a long, long time.

The sun will eventually turn into a red giant, expand a lot, and engulf the Earth. Even before it expands that far all of life on Earth will be killed because guess what - stars are hot. And that heat radiates a long way. Consider the fact that we are 93 million miles away from the sun. The sun's diameter expanding by just a million miles will have a huge effect on the climates of the Earth. Well, in order to effect a size change the gravity well of the sun has to change, right?

What effect would the change of the gravity well have on Earth?

Robtard

In that case....

Mirai Gohan, check this:

http://www.sciencenewsforkids.org/articles/20070919/Note3.asp

Lana
Originally posted by Creshosk
Well, in order to effect a size change the gravity well of the sun has to change, right?

What effect would the change of the gravity well have on Earth?

It's been a while since I've last studied this sort of thing, so I'm not entirely sure, but at the least it'd probably mess with our rotation and strip the atmosphere. It'd probably also mess up the Earth's gravitational pull on the moon.

chithappens
Now, I know quite a deal about science (seeing as it's one of the many classes I'm passing in) but all I'm saying is the it's just one big theory because no one can even visit the sun.

... rolling on floor laughing

I'm certain nearly everyone posting have better understandings of what would happen regarding the sun that you.

I have not even seen some sort of "idea" (since theories do not work with you) from you detailing why it would be bullshit.

No one ever said the sun is going to destroy the Earth or humanity in this lifetime. Why backtrack on what you said now?

Reading comprehension, articulation, syntax - yeah, the schools are failing.

chithappens
It's been a while since I've last studied this sort of thing, so I'm not entirely sure, but at the least it'd probably mess with our rotation and strip the atmosphere. It'd probably also mess up the Earth's gravitational pull on the moon.

To comment, I'm not completely sure how this would work but this is generally correct.

The planets revolving around the sun would all have different things happen. The atmosphere would have varying affects from the high rise in temperature but I'm not sure about stripping the atmosphere.

I forget how that works but there is information detailing that somewhere that I am too lazy to find on a link.

Lana
Originally posted by chithappens
To comment, I'm not completely sure how this would work but this is generally correct.

The planets revolving around the sun would all have different things happen. The atmosphere would have varying affects from the high rise in temperature but I'm not sure about stripping the atmosphere.

I forget how that works but there is information detailing that somewhere that I am too lazy to find on a link.

Yeah, I can't be bothered to actually look it up at the moment, but with the content of our atmosphere it would definitely screw things up. Maybe boil out some of the contents making current life unable to live. I can't remember stick out tongue

chithappens
Most of the elements of our atmosphere would have their properities change because of the temperature, the ocean would dry up if it was prolonged, and so on.

Most organisms would die pretty quickly.

Bardiel13
Also, I'm not really saying humanity won't ever end as it could but even if it does, it won't be anytime soon.

Uhh... hello? It's in the thread title. You even said yourself that you doubted humanity would go extinct. We've all been saying that the end of the world IS going to happen, while you've been debating otherwise. None of us have made claims on how we KNOW the world is going to end. Simply possibilities to show you that you're wrong. And now, you've suddenly changed your tune. Why is that?

Bardiel13

Creshosk
It's been a while since I've last studied this sort of thing, so I'm not entirely sure, but at the least it'd probably mess with our rotation and strip the atmosphere. It'd probably also mess up the Earth's gravitational pull on the moon. Okay, cause I always thought that that'd have a nasty effect and do us in before hand. something about the gravity wiping the Earth clean before the heat could melt us.

dadudemon
Okay, cause I always thought that that'd have a nasty effect and do us in before hand. something about the gravity wiping the Earth clean before the heat could melt us.

We would continue to orbit inside of the sun's corona which would be about 5000K. First, the atmosphere's chemistry would change and be unlivable..similar to Venus's as it has been suggested before. Then the atmosphere would vaporize. Then, the earth would eventually be enveloped into the sun and our surface would be very rocky and molten like it was in its primordial state.

I would assume that the earth's orbit would be altered slightly to a more distant/slower orbit because the sun would still have it's mass even though the sun is trying to reach a new hydrostatic equilibrium but as the sun got bigger, it would have variable gravity. The core would be a lot more dense the the very spacious corona. I think that this equilibrium would take many years to reach red giant status...maybe thousands to millions of years so the earth would have plenty of time to adjust to a larger/slower orbit.

Da Pittman

Honestly, these are just a few reasons why I think the whole end of the world argument is bogus. I do know that the world can end, I just don't think that it will. crylaugh

AngryManatee

The Black Ghost

1. The sun doesnt have to become a giant star to kill us. All it has to do is increase its mass by a tiny percentage, and the radiation/heat change could destroy all life on Earth. Of course, this will be over the span of millions of years it will take place, and far in the future.

2. Global warming aint BS. People are panicking prematurely, but it too over time could cause huge problems, just not with the speed we saw in Day aftr Tommorow. Maybe it wouldnt kill all humans, but if a sufficient amount of forests, biological life is destroyed, technically, it could make life unlivable for many species. Humans would be the last to die probably because of technology, and it wouldnt kill all humans.

3. What if we make ourselves extinct?

You leave out the threat of humanity destroying itself. Whether through war, overpopulation (caged rats theory), not enough food, or any combination of these and their effects.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
1. The sun doesnt have to become a giant star to kill us. All it has to do is increase its mass by a tiny percentage, and the radiation/heat change could destroy all life on Earth. Of course, this will be over the span of millions of years it will take place, and far in the future.

2. Global warming aint BS. People are panicking prematurely, but it too over time could cause huge problems, just not with the speed we saw in Day aftr Tommorow. Maybe it wouldnt kill all humans, but if a sufficient amount of forests, biological life is destroyed, technically, it could make life unlivable for many species. Humans would be the last to die probably because of technology, and it wouldnt kill all humans.

3. What if we make ourselves extinct?

You leave out the threat of humanity destroying itself. Whether through war, overpopulation (caged rats theory), not enough food, or any combination of these and their effects.

That's great and all but....how is the sun going to increase in mass?

Mirai Gohan
That's what I'm wondering.

Bardiel13
That's what I'm wondering.

What I'm wondering is why you haven't replied to my post.

Violent2Dope
Seriously, you guys are funny. And Lana, I think you'd better say more than "You don't know what you're talking about." Okay? Now, I know quite a deal about science (seeing as it's one of the many classes I'm passing in) but all I'm saying is the it's just one big theory because no one can even visit the sun. Also, I'm not really saying humanity won't ever end as it could but even if it does, it won't be anytime soon. You're 13. no expression I'm not calling you stupid, but come on dude. erm

Draco69
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You're 13. no expression I'm not calling you stupid, but come on dude. erm

Precisely why I think we should raise the age limit to 16.

cool

Da Pittman
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's great and all but....how is the sun going to increase in mass? By eating cosmic twinkies laughing

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by Bardiel13
Uhh... hello? It's in the thread title. You even said yourself that you doubted humanity would go extinct. We've all been saying that the end of the world IS going to happen, while you've been debating otherwise. None of us have made claims on how we KNOW the world is going to end. Simply possibilities to show you that you're wrong. And now, you've suddenly changed your tune. Why is that?

Haven't really changed anything, I'm just saying that even if it does happen, it won't be from any of the reasons that scientists say. The sun will not increase in size & is not large enough to perform a supernova.

inimalist
Originally posted by Kal-El_08

What is the purpose of this thread?

Is it to simply spout your belief system, or do you have more of a point you are trying to prove...

dadudemon
Haven't really changed anything, I'm just saying that even if it does happen, it won't be from any of the reasons that scientists say. The sun will not increase in size & is not large enough to perform a supernova.

Towards the end of its life, the sun will increase in volume...even closer to the end of its live...it will nova...not supernova...nova...you are right, though, that the sun is not large enough to supernova.

Kal-El_08
Now, explain to me this, how will the sun turning red destroy us? As I've said earlier, to my knowledge red stars are usually pretty cool.

Lana
Pretty cool, in relative terms for a star. It's still incredibly hot.

Victor Von Doom
I bet you couldn't even touch it for long.

Bardiel13

No you weren't. You specifically stated that the human race will never go extinct and that the sun will never kill us. Check your first few posts.

dadudemon
Now, explain to me this, how will the sun turning red destroy us? As I've said earlier, to my knowledge red stars are usually pretty cool.

Is 5000K cool to you? Our earth will be INSIDE the corona when the sun swells into its red giant state.....5000K is hot enough to melt just about everything, dude.

I recommend taking an astronomy class about stars in college...though it may only last a semester...you will learn tons of information.

Violent2Dope
Now, explain to me this, how will the sun turning red destroy us? As I've said earlier, to my knowledge red stars are usually pretty cool. Yeah, cool for a star, but even red stars are still hot enough to incinerate us from existence, also, the star will have gotten much larger, maybe even to possbily engulf us, and even if it doesn't it would still be hot enough to kill all on earth because of how close it is.

Kal-El_08
Even if this world ends, the human race may have moved on to other planets by then. Thanks for explaining the whole sun thing, up until now I didn't understand it fully.

Kal-El_08
Is 5000K cool to you? Our earth will be INSIDE the corona when the sun swells into its red giant state.....5000K is hot enough to melt just about everything, dude.

I recommend taking an astronomy class about stars in college...though it may only last a semester...you will learn tons of information.

Actually, I'm really into astronomy so I do plan on taking an astronomy class.

dadudemon
Actually, I'm really into astronomy so I do plan on taking an astronomy class.

Your avatar is the fire lord? Kind of ironic that your "avatar" is the fire lord...get it?

Kal-El_08
laughing out loud

Bardiel13
Even if this world ends, the human race may have moved on to other planets by then. Thanks for explaining the whole sun thing, up until now I didn't understand it fully.

Then why did you challenge it so much? This may be the biggest fail I have ever laid eyes on in KMC...
Congratulations!

The Black Ghost
That's great and all but....how is the sun going to increase in mass?

Did I say mass...? Well I meant size....maybe mass too, I dont know but that does seem more unlikely.

From what I know, over a star's life cycle, it grows larger before ulmiately collapsing in on itself to form things like white dwarfs and black holes and other things. Some stars collapse, some stars expand to 100x their size and become red giants, some explode. Any way, EVENTUALLY, the sun will destroy us....whether we will be around to bw destroyed then, is questionable.

Violent2Dope
It becomes a white dwarf after it supernovas.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
It becomes a white dwarf after it supernovas.
Not entirely correct, sir. In theory, the sun, after becoming a supernovae, will turn to the red giant stage, not white dwarf. After that it will become a planetary nebula.

Kal-El_08
English, please?

Creshosk
English, please? Sun expands, turns red then expands some more and becomes sparkly dust.

Kal-El_08
Oh, okay.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Not entirely correct, sir. In theory, the sun, after becoming a supernovae, will turn to the red giant stage, not white dwarf. After that it will become a planetary nebula.

No, once most to all of the hydrogen is burnt up in the center of a star...it expands becoming the Red Giant...once the star starts to fuse Iron for energy, it starts to collapse and at a certain point, it becomes unstable to blows it corona load all over space in a Nova(Pretty sexy... big grin ).....not a supernova...that is reserved for massive massive stars....then the remaining matter slowly cools off in to a white dwarf whilst being surrounding by its stardust...stardust which is comprised of many elements, both dense and light matter. What do you think the Earth is made of?...that's right...start dust.

BTW, the next time you give someone a piece of gold as jewelry as a present, let them know that "it took billions of years to make this gold. and it is an interstellar present from me to you...made by the stars themselves just for you".

Kal-El_08
So, what's the deal with evolution? Approximately how many times would humans evolve "before the world ends"?

dadudemon
So, what's the deal with evolution? Approximately how many times would humans evolve "before the world ends"?

That's the thing, little bro, evolution is a non-stop process. It isn't a sudden poof of genetic change...it is a slow process that is happening right now.

Kelly_Bean
No, once most to all of the hydrogen is burnt up in the center of a star...it expands becoming the Red Giant...once the star starts to fuse Iron for energy, it starts to collapse and at a certain point, it becomes unstable to blows it corona load all over space in a Nova(Pretty sexy... big grin ).....not a supernova...that is reserved for massive massive stars....then the remaining matter slowly cools off in to a white dwarf whilst being surrounding by its stardust...stardust which is comprised of many elements, both dense and light matter. What do you think the Earth is made of?...that's right...start dust.

BTW, the next time you give someone a piece of gold as jewelry as a present, let them know that "it took billions of years to make this gold. and it is an interstellar present from me to you...made by the stars themselves just for you".
I'm sorry but where are you basing your information on?

dadudemon
I'm sorry but where are you basing your information on?

My head....

Do a google search on "Life of a star" or "death of a star" and you should find what I am talking about.
The key point is fusion of Iron causes the star to cool off because the fusion process is endothermic and it absorbs energy from the star to perform fusion of Iron.

Smell the glove
The end of the world isn't bullshit. It will happen one day. Barring meteors, comets etc. It's approximately five billion years away and counting!

Evil Dead
Jesus H. Christ.

5 pages of devout posting refuting the absurd proclamation made in the original post of this thread by a........wait for it.........14 year old highschool freshman. my god.

seriously....a lot of you guys would be better off if you did what I do. Whenever you see a post that looks to be completely uneducated, absurd or assinine....makes you think it's probably a troll thread.........just click the thread-starters profile. You'll quickly see that these posters are either young children by their birth dates or it will be blank.......pretty much also affirming they are young children. Once that is known.......just correct their misunderstood logic or lack of education on the subject they are attempting to discuss (not their fault, they're young...haven't been educated yet) and advise them to stay in school and learn for themselves. It will save you a lot of posting.

Smell the glove
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Jesus H. Christ.

5 pages of devout posting refuting the absurd proclamation made in the original post of this thread by a........wait for it.........14 year old highschool freshman. my god.

seriously....a lot of you guys would be better off if you did what I do. Whenever you see a post that looks to be completely uneducated, absurd or assinine....makes you think it's probably a troll thread.........just click the thread-starters profile. You'll quickly see that these posters are either young children by their birth dates or it will be blank.......pretty much also affirming they are young children. Once that is known.......just correct their misunderstood logic or lack of education on the subject they are attempting to discuss (not their fault, they're young...haven't been educated yet) and advise them to stay in school and learn for themselves. It will save you a lot of posting.

Exactly. You are a genius compared to most here. Well done.

Creshosk
Jesus H. Christ.

seriously....a lot of you guys would be better off if you did what I do. Whenever you see a post that looks to be completely uneducated, absurd or assinine....makes you think it's probably a troll thread.........just click the thread-starters profile. You'll quickly see that these posters are either young children by their birth dates or it will be blank.......pretty much also affirming they are young children. Once that is known.......just correct their misunderstood logic or lack of education on the subject they are attempting to discuss (not their fault, they're young...haven't been educated yet) and advise them to stay in school and learn for themselves. It will save you a lot of posting. And yet correcting the misunderstood logic is exactly what people have been doing.

Smell the glove
And yet correcting the misunderstood logic is exactly what people have been doing.

Well of course, that was the troll treads point!

Evil Dead
And yet correcting the misunderstood logic is exactly what people have been doing.

once is a correction......two, three, four, etc. "corrections" is called a debate. debating anything with a child of 14 years just seems to be a waste of one's time.

I wasn't putting anyone down.....just didn't think everyone who was debating was aware of whom they were debating with, hence the tip on checking the profile when you see an absurd post.

I've been bored and engaged 14 year old kids in debates before for fun......to kill time. There was this one kid who went by the name chibi boy (since changed to greensomethingoranother on here). This kid was adament about whales being fish.......earth losing matter and mass by animals walking on it and all kinds of other wild idiocy. I had a bit of fun....but I was bored and wasn't taking it serious because I already knew who I was debating with. I would have felt sick to my stomach to have been taking something serious and thinking someone was that moronic only to find out it was a 14 year old kid with no education. Just a tip.

Smell the glove
once is a correction......two, three, four, etc. "corrections" is called a debate. debating anything with a child of 14 years just seems to be a waste of one's time.

I wasn't putting anyone down.....just didn't think everyone who was debating was aware of whom they were debating with, hence the tip on checking the profile when you see an absurd post.

I've been bored and engaged 14 year old kids in debates before for fun......to kill time. There was this one kid who went by the name chibi boy (since changed to greensomethingoranother on here). This kid was adament about whales being fish.......earth losing matter and mass by animals walking on it and all kinds of other wild idiocy. I had a bit of fun....but I was bored and wasn't taking it serious because I already knew who I was debating with. I would have felt sick to my stomach to have been taking something serious and thinking someone was that moronic only to find out it was a 14 year old kid with no education. Just a tip.

It's not really a debate if everyone is saying the same thing.

by

Petey aged 14

Evil Dead
Originally posted by Smell the glove
It's not really a debate if everyone is saying the same thing.

by

Petey aged 14

agreed. but they weren't. the thread starter kept posting the same stance while others lined up to debate against him. two sides. waste of time.

Smell the glove
agreed. but they weren't. the thread starter kept posting the same stance while others lined up to debate against him. two sides. waste of time.

Fair comment.

dadudemon

I don't think so...I wasn't a dick to him, he probably learned something from me, and I think I may have encouraged the guy to actually study more about the things he likes...sounds like a positive experience to me.

Creshosk

I've been bored and engaged 14 year old kids in debates before for fun......to kill time. There was this one kid who went by the name chibi boy (since changed to greensomethingoranother on here). This kid was adament about whales being fish.......earth losing matter and mass by animals walking on it and all kinds of other wild idiocy. I had a bit of fun....but I was bored and wasn't taking it serious because I already knew who I was debating with. I would have felt sick to my stomach to have been taking something serious and thinking someone was that moronic only to find out it was a 14 year old kid with no education. Just a tip. I think killing time is a major part and point of killermovies.

There's no real point to even responding to any posts on here on anywhere on the forum other than for fun. I doubt a message board would be a viable source of accurate information if its as unfocused as KMC is. Much like Wikipedia and many different people offering their opinions on subjects. Now, while some of the information provided might be accurate, alot of it will not be.

Smell the glove
I think killing time is a major part and point of killermovies.

There's no real point to even responding to any posts on here on anywhere on the forum other than for fun.

Probably true.

Kal-El_08
That's the thing, little bro, evolution is a non-stop process. It isn't a sudden poof of genetic change...it is a slow process that is happening right now.

I'd really love to see what we'll evolve into or what will happen as we evolve & become a more advanced species.

Violent2Dope
Not entirely correct, sir. In theory, the sun, after becoming a supernovae, will turn to the red giant stage, not white dwarf. After that it will become a planetary nebula. Really? Could of sworn I read that somewhere...meh.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Smell the glove
Exactly. You are a genius compared to most here. Well done. This is the point I realised this guy was Judge.

Kelly_Bean
My head....

Do a google search on "Life of a star" or "death of a star" and you should find what I am talking about.
The key point is fusion of Iron causes the star to cool off because the fusion process is endothermic and it absorbs energy from the star to perform fusion of Iron.

Hmmm....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Sun_Life.png

Kal-El_08
Interesting...

dadudemon
Hmmm....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Sun_Life.png

A nova only happens in Binary to multpile star systems.

My bad...

You are so sexy, Kelly Bean.

Violent2Dope
Hmmm....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Sun_Life.png Told you it became a white dwarf.

Captain REX
This thread made my laugh.

And I profiled Schecter.

And the human race will die eventually.

Kal-El_08
So? I don't think anyone cares what you think REX. I sure as hell don't.

Violent2Dope
You know...I'm gonna profile Schecter too.

Kal-El_08
What are you talking about?

Violent2Dope
It means I am going to quote his post and put it in my profile.

Dusty

That's interesting. What is it that makes you think we give a **** what you think?

1. Scientists claim that the sun will turn into a red giant & cause a supernova. Well, for one, I deem this impossible for two reasons. The first reason is that red stars are generally cool & not hot. .

I'm sorry but that is absolutely ****ing hilarious.

Scratch that, I'm not sorry at all. laughing out loud

Ozone

Kid, you need to calm down and grow up.

Rather than acting like an "online tough guy" with a potty mouth, show some manners to the people older than you.

We don't take you seriously if you're being immature.

Quark_666

1. It doesn't matter whether the sun cools down or warms up. It kills life on earth without a problem. And the logical reason for believing it could happen is because it happens to all stars.

2. It's been happening forever.

3. Being the top predators is a disadvantage in many respects. Usually, predators don't reproduce as quickly as prey. Also, predators store 80% of the toxins of their prey in their fat, which mostly affects DNA. This is why an insect population can recover from DDT within months but bird populations take years...sometimes decades, to recover.

BlackC@
When the stars' core runs out it will become a red sun, then go supernova. It will eventually burn out. But probably not for billions of years.

((The_Anomaly))
EDIT

grey fox
Originally posted by BlackC@
When the stars' core runs out it will become a red sun, then go supernova. It will eventually burn out. But probably not for billions of years.

Well duh, then it'll be blackhole-ville

dadudemon
Originally posted by BlackC@

Originally posted by grey fox
Well duh, then it'll be blackhole-ville

I hope you guys aren't serious. Have you read any of the things posted in this thread?

No supernova or nova and no black holes. Our sun would have to be much more massive to supernova and our sun would have to be the older of 2 or more stars to nova. (Nova is not the same as a supernova....two entirely different processes.) OUr sun would have to be much much much bigger to collapse into a black hole once it supernovas.

Thiru
Originally posted by SelphieT
It's nothing to believe in, it's not like religion, it is happening right now as we speak. It's already begun.

We may be the smartest beings now, but what makes you think we'll be replaced by something else? Something smarter?

For all you know your natural body could be hanging in a friggin' containment cell, while your mind is being manipulated by aliens on a damn spaceship flying across some unknown galaxy, wildly sprouting beanstalks out of their asses.

inimalist
Originally posted by Thiru
For all you know your natural body could be hanging in a friggin' containment cell, while your mind is being manipulated by aliens on a damn spaceship flying across some unknown galaxy, wildly sprouting beanstalks out of their asses.

ya, because that kind of post-modernism has proven soooo beneficial for society...

Thiru
It was a joke and could be a philosophy

Thiru
Originally posted by Quark_666
1. It doesn't matter whether the sun cools down or warms up. It kills life on earth without a problem. And the logical reason for believing it could happen is because it happens to all stars.

2. It's been happening forever.

3. Being the top predators is a disadvantage in many respects. Usually, predators don't reproduce as quickly as prey. Also, predators store 80% of the toxins of their prey in their fat, which mostly affects DNA. This is why an insect population can recover from DDT within months but bird populations take years...sometimes decades, to recover. I smell a possible sock of nebaris

JacopeX
If carbon Dioxide is higher than temperature, then we would have been baked a long time ago and cold would not exist as natural weather anymore. Yet, it still goes on.

I think the entire theory of scientist hiding Global warming is bullshit. Many of them are problably not even getting paid enough for what they do.

The debate is not over since nothing has been proved along many lines. With or without humans on earth, the same things would still occur on earth. But that will take me to whole different story where I defend the human race. wink

Schecter
my god these threads should be laid to rest. stop bumping them!! sad

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by JacopeX
The debate is not over since nothing has been proved along many lines. With or without humans on earth, the same things would still occur on earth. But that will take me to whole different story where I defend the human race. wink

jawdrop Only in the USA.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
jawdrop Only in the USA. Are you against humans or are you another critic?

Leo.M
The world is coming to an end and global warming is not bullshit.

But by the time the world really does crash and burn, I'll be dead by then so whatever. I'll do what I can now but it won't really effect me.

Schecter
Originally posted by Schecter
my god these threads should be laid to rest. stop bumping them!! sad

Dreampanther

"Destroying the Earth is harder than you may have been led to believe.

You've seen the action movies where the bad guy threatens to destroy the Earth. You've heard people on the news claiming that the next nuclear war or cutting down rainforests or persisting in releasing hideous quantities of pollution into the atmosphere threatens to end the world.

Fools.

The Earth is built to last. It is a 4,550,000,000-year-old, 5,973,600,000,000,000,000,000-tonne ball of iron. It has taken more devastating asteroid hits in its lifetime than you've had hot dinners, and lo, it still orbits merrily. So my first piece of advice to you, dear would-be Earth-destroyer, is: do NOT think this will be easy.

This is not a guide for wusses whose aim is merely to wipe out humanity. I (Sam Hughes) can in no way guarantee the complete extinction of the human race via any of these methods, real or imaginary. Humanity is wily and resourceful, and many of the methods outlined below will take many years to even become available, let alone implement, by which time mankind may well have spread to other planets; indeed, other star systems. If total human genocide is your ultimate goal, you are reading the wrong document. There are far more efficient ways of doing this, many which are available and feasible RIGHT NOW. Nor is this a guide for those wanting to annihilate everything from single-celled life upwards, render Earth uninhabitable or simply conquer it. These are trivial goals in comparison.

This is a guide for those who do not want the Earth to be there anymore."

http://qntm.org/destroy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.