Big Brother? Strong desire to waste money or gas?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
Do you all ever have the urge to splurg when you shouldn't, or end up wasting gas once you buy it?

AngryManatee
I drive a lot (hence use gas), but then again I have a good reason to.

Bicnarok
I always have the intention to drive sparingly after tanking up and paying lots of money, but after a while the lunatic takes over and I drive like a maniac again.

Afro Cheese
Where exactly does "Big Brother" tie into this topic..?

KidRock
I love driving around and I would say I blow most of my money on paying for gas. I only get 17MPG City though so..damn lol.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Where exactly does "Big Brother" tie into this topic..?

That's exactly what I was thinking.....

BackFire
No.

I don't buy shit, and drive as little as possible.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I'd like to hear more thoughts on this.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
No.

I don't buy shit, and drive as little as possible.

Neither do it...I tend to leave he "shit buyin'" to farmers who use the fertilizer.

chillmeistergen
It's a lot cheaper there than it is here.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
So...what does "Big Brother" have to do with this? Is Big Brother sending out subliminal messages that are telling us to waste gas except he's only targeting white people and not minorities?

WrathfulDwarf
I drive a SUV...you guys hate me?

Devil King
Oh, Big Brother as in 1984! I was thinking the reality TV series.

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King
Oh, Big Brother as in 1984! I was thinking the reality TV series.

I assumed she meant something Orwellian in nature... but now that you mention it, she may well mean the "TV series", it's Czarina after all.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
So...what does "Big Brother" have to do with this? Is Big Brother sending out subliminal messages that are telling us to waste gas except he's only targeting white people and not minorities?

Well, in Nineteen Eighty Four, rations are controlled, often completely stopped at the order of the party. So, I think the message behind it, would be that the government are taking control of necessary resources, with very little question from the consensus.

But then, Czarina's a mentalist, so she may literally be talking about her elder sibling.

EDIT: It's pretty much already been said..

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Czarina x2
Do you all ever have the urge to splurg when you shouldn't, or end up wasting gas once you buy it?

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
So, I think the message behind it, would be that the government are taking control of necessary resources, with very little question from the consensus.

What's that Skip? A boy has fallen down a mineshaft and suffered a hairline fracture of the tibia? Left tibia?

SelphieT
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I drive a SUV...you guys hate me?

More like somewhat pity...paying for the gas for that monster.....

chillmeistergen
Skip's reply: Originally posted by chillmeistergen But then, Czarina's a mentalist, so she may literally be talking about her elder sibling.

Victor Von Doom
S-skippy said that?

chillmeistergen
I'm afraid so, the poor mite's taken to being rather cryptic.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
To summarize: Yet another failthread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.