College

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jana
In a few days college starts for me! This is sooo scary and I am very excited and very bored, that is why I am making a thread about it, although I never start threads. happy

dancing

College experience anybody? eek!

Reverend Axel
Its overrated.

Kelly_Bean
I'm not going.

The Grey Fox
I still have a year before I'm ready...

Strangelove
Originally posted by Reverend Axel
Its overrated. Lies

AbnormalButSane
The work sucks.

Impediment
I have so much money for college that I earned while I was in the U.S. Army, but I won't be able to comfortably attend until, at least, my daughter starts school.

I really want to go and try for an education in radiology/x-ray imaging tech.

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by Jana
In a few days college starts for me! This is sooo scary and I am very excited and very bored, that is why I am making a thread about it, although I never start threads. happy

dancing

College experience anybody? eek!
I'm applying to college next month and I hope to start this time next year. smile I'm....scared as fecking hell. oh

Itzak
I'm already midway through my first semester. w00t

Originally posted by Strangelove
Lies

You're just saying that because you have a Rock n' Roll class. tongue_ss

But I agree.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
College is a good place to find yourself. Learn new things in all classes a person chooses. I was a straight A student in college.

Storm
Just remember college life can be fun and should be, but you are paying a lot of money for an education and a future. Manage your time wisely, as it does fly when you' re having fun.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Rogue Jedi
getting to enter college myself, and I am scared SHITLESS.

silver_tears
Its not overrated.

thumb up

Secretus
Best part is the keg stands and waking up naked next to some random girl.

Reverend Axel
Originally posted by silver_tears
thumb up False.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Itzak
I'm already midway through my first semester. w00t

You're just saying that because you have a Rock n' Roll class. tongue_ss

But I agree. I thought it was awesome last year too, and I was taking shitty classes then sly

Punkyhermy
so far i don't see anything so amazing about it.

Mr. Bacon
college sucks so far

Scythe
I've also started not too long ago. I wish you the best of luck Jana, and hope everything falls in place for you.

Deathblow
Its overrated.

As far as that statement goes, it depends on the person. Lots of variables. I'm hideously lazy so I find the academic side a bit of a drag but everything else I absolutely love. Where I am, it seems every student is outgoing and friendly by default, so the social side is so easy it's untrue.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
so far i don't see anything so amazing about it. Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
college sucks so far blasphemers

Punkyhermy
blasphemers

no really.sad

i had so many expectations and now..its all just shitastic.

Mr. Bacon
blasphemers
not really, im just not enjoying it, my campus sucks and i have no friends there, kinda hard ot enjoy that.

silver_tears
I'm loving school this year, and that's saying a lot since I live with quite a few people shrug

Thorrin
I'm not liking college.

Scythe
College isn't supposed to be a place for infinite socializing...

It's a place to challenge, so obviously if some of you are finding the courses hard, like myself, it's doing a good job of being...college.

Friends aren't going to get you a job, or your degree/masters/bachelors, they're there to smooth things out for you, but aren't needed to achieve a kick ass job.

ADarksideJedi
I am so sick of p eople around (where I live in)makes collage so imporant!It is up to the person to go or not.It does not really make a difference if you do.
We been brainwashed by these people that it is the right thing to do!Save your money on other stuff instead!Also you don't go to collage people look down on you.
Are we really that judgemental?I mean come on!Sorry I just get so mad abot collage that is all.jm

Scythe
But...some jobs require a college degree though...

Tptmanno1
College is freaking awesome.
I'm getting so involved, meeting ridiculously interesting people, and it doesn't seem to overly hard to handle either. The freedom is sweet too.

Naz
I can't wait for college no2

Disturbed Angel
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
getting to enter college myself, and I am scared SHITLESS.
YOU'RE scared shitless? oh Hmph, then imagine how I must feel. messed

DigiMark007
Wtf. It's mid October. What kind of school is just starting now?

Also, enjoy. Gain some weight eating dorm food, lose your virginity, skip classes, acquire erratic bowel movements, etc.

Jana
Thank you for sharing your experiences or opinions or opinions I won't care about. big grin

Orientation started yesterday and I was sooo excited and I think everything will work out ...... phantasticolicious! eek!
We were introduced in the morning and went all drinking in the evening. Lots of fun. yes

Originally posted by Scythe
I've also started not too long ago. I wish you the best of luck Jana, and hope everything falls in place for you.
Thank you very much, I think this was the most sincere reply. happy

ADarksideJedi
Have fun!Don't go to collage don't think I will.Anyway you will be fine and just go for fun.jm

Punkyhermy
meh.

college for me is so far just thoughts of what could have been.

and thats depressing.

Scythe
Thank you very much, I think this was the most sincere reply. happy

You're very welcome Jana. I frankly believe that our last four years of high school aren't the most wonderful years of our life like so many people make it out to be. I favor our years in college as much more lifechanging then high school.

But I wish you the best nonetheless and hope to hear from you again.

Blue_Hefner
I might go next year, but I'm more likely to go in '09

chillmeistergen
I'm on my year out at the moment, but I'm looking forward to it.

A mate of mine described it as one big party, with a lot of washing up.

Jana
College starts in 12 hours. dancing

I should go to bed. ermm

RogerRamjet
wooo...i am soo aufgeregt for dich!

SelphieT
I'm planning on going to a school of Mortuary Science happy

Not sure where I want to go though. There are no schools for that in Nebraska, and I doubt there are in Vermont. Hmmm......

I might go to one in Minnesota, my best friend is planning on going there, her relatives own a mortuary business, and we are thinking about being partners once we graduate, and taking over the business......

Bardock42
Originally posted by Storm
Just remember college life can be fun and should be, but you are paying a lot of money for an education and a future. Manage your time wisely, as it does fly when you' re having fun.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

...we, in real countries, don't really pay a "lot" of money for our education.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I am so sick of p eople around (where I live in)makes collage so imporant!It is up to the person to go or not.It does not really make a difference if you do.
We been brainwashed by these people that it is the right thing to do!Save your money on other stuff instead!Also you don't go to collage people look down on you.
Are we really that judgemental?I mean come on!Sorry I just get so mad abot collage that is all.jm No fear, we look down on you because you are a moron, incidentally that caused you not to go to college.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Bardock42

crylaugh

Also, I should be starting college next year, business school to be exact.

Jana
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
wooo...i am soo aufgeregt for dich!
Danke sehr confused

Marius, you should say something nice to me. yes

Bardock42

Marius, you should say something nice to me. yes

You got a nice butt.

Jana
You got a nice butt.
Thankies. happy

Punkyhermy
Colleges are BULL****INGUNFAIR!

yeah.

Mr. Bacon
_huggle_

you have had bad luck with profs too erm

Bardock42
Colleges are BULL****INGUNFAIR!

yeah. E-elaborate.

Jana
My college is week is oveeeer. w00t

Four day weeks are phantastico. Party tonight. dancing

Ordained
Don't go to crazy with the partying. You could get hooked and wind up going to them instead of class.

chillmeistergen
Yes, because parties are often in the daylight hours.

2D_MASTER
Its overrated.

Education is orrevated ? That must be the KMC motto.

Ordained
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yes, because parties are often in the daylight hours. I meant because it could cause her to stop going to class because of hangovers and oversleeping and all that stuff.

Jana
Originally posted by Ordained
Don't go to crazy with the partying. You could get hooked and wind up going to them instead of class.
I heard, that this sort of behaviour is expected from us. At least in our first semester. happy

I won't overdo it though. angel

Jana
Oh, and education is not overrated! shockish

*studies philosophy* smartass And it's fantastico! dancing

Punkyhermy
what irks me about the education institutions is how they get credit for essentially nothing. they all cater to people who are good students inherently. a studious kid will do well regardless of whether he is sitting in an ivy league classroom or at a dilapidated junior college. these "top" institutions handpick the best of the crop and at the end of the four years stamp their diploma all fancy. chosing the best of the best to represent your institution and then claiming to be the best is utter bull.

and those who struggle with educating themselves are casted aside and are helpless and have no choice but to quit. erm

chillmeistergen
Right, so you didn't get into a good one? Should have worked harder then really, or just have been more clever.

Punkyhermy
roll eyes (sarcastic)

i actually got into a decent college.

chillmeistergen
Glad to hear it, I don't know much about U.S colleges; which one did you get into?

Scythe
Indeed.

chillmeistergen
?

Jana
Week two is oveeeeeeer. w00t

It was great too and my new friend and I went to a party in the middle of the week, just because we could. She is a good girl though and so we went home quite early.. but some guy told me - in English (I live in Germany) - that I am pretty. That's a good thing. yes

I had a lot to read and I didn't do it all, but I had such a bad conscience that I will do it this weekend. happy In school I never ever did my homework .. confused College is great though and I willlll work for it!

Now I'll bring the guy who was a total jackass my self-baked and phantastic chocolate muffins. dancing

Ordained
Glad to see that you're having fun in college. I think that is it's cool that you want to keep us updated on your experiences.

Jana
College's great. I was there from 9 AM till after 8 PM and it was looong, but it didn't seem as long as school 8:20 AM - 1:35 PM. confused

InnerRise
College's great. I was there from 9 AM till after 8 PM and it was looong, but it didn't seem as long as school 8:20 AM - 1:35 PM. confused I only hope you feel this way throughout your entire duration at college.

Enjoy College. Can't wait until I graduate. Almost Done!

w00t

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Jana
Thankies. happy

Bardock42
what irks me about the education institutions is how they get credit for essentially nothing. they all cater to people who are good students inherently. a studious kid will do well regardless of whether he is sitting in an ivy league classroom or at a dilapidated junior college. these "top" institutions handpick the best of the crop and at the end of the four years stamp their diploma all fancy. chosing the best of the best to represent your institution and then claiming to be the best is utter bull.

and those who struggle with educating themselves are casted aside and are helpless and have no choice but to quit. erm

Well, the best get the best education, because they are the best and we need the best.

Good colleges provide the facilities for good students to improve.

Jana
*improves* smartass Haha

the welsh one
im too cool for school........man!

InnerRise
Originally posted by the welsh one
im too cool for school........man! Being that your profile says you're 16, you should be in school.

So it seems you're not too cool for it.

Not to mention there's an "APOSTROPHE" between the "I" and "M" in "I'm" so you can't afford to be too cool for school...............MAN!

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Ordained
Originally posted by InnerRise
I only hope you feel this way throughout your entire duration at college.

Enjoy College. Can't wait until I graduate. Almost Done!

w00t

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... When do you graduate?

Jana
Going to some Halloween party now. big grin

chillmeistergen
Same here, going to get utterly pissed.

SelphieT
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
?

The little dumbass is going to some college in California. Sorry he didn't answer your question, hahaha.

Jana
Hmhm, I've been to an awesome party yesterday. happy

w00t

faraday
3-4 years more for me to go to college...

I can't wait smile

silver_tears
I want out. ermm

silver_tears
roll eyes (sarcastic)

i actually got into a decent college.

lol

I'm in the 4th best in the country.
Couldn't care less really.

Strangelove
I want out. ermm I don't want to leave ermm

silver_tears
I don't want to leave ermm

Pull a Van Wilder. 313

Strangelove
Pull a Van Wilder. 313 Mebbe I will 131

silver_tears
I seriously can't wait to leave. bag

Strangelove
I seriously can't wait to leave. bag I like it here bag

silver_tears
why come?

the welsh one
why not come?

Jana
College rocks .. confused

But then again, I have only been there for a month so .... can't really judge how I will feel in a few years time.

Until now it has been so fricking great! dancing

silver_tears
I assume you've had no 12 page papers or 160 question/50 minute midterms yet. lol

Jana
Nooooot really. bag

But I love philosophy and that is what I am studying and I want to know everything and show everyone how well I can do. happy

silver_tears
Well good on you that you've found your passion. I thought I had but I lost it recently.

Jana
What was it, if you don't mind me asking?

silver_tears
Course not, and it was history. I'm still kinda iffy to be honest smile

Jana
Oh, I never met someone with a passion for history to be honest.

*just looked up "iffy"*

Well .. I guess it is hard to find something you have passion for, if it doesn't find you .. confused

I am sorry, I hope you will feel better about everything very soon. hug

Strangelove
why come? Because I love it here...

Bardock42
Oh, I never met someone with a passion for history to be honest.

Actually you met my Dad, he loves History. Though lately Physics is his passion.

lol

I'm in the 4th best in the country.
Couldn't care less really.

Well. Canada.

That's like being the prettiest Denny's waitress...

Strangelove
Well. Canada.

That's like being the prettiest Denny's waitress... 4th prettiest

Bardock42
4th prettiest

Good point.

Jana
Actually you met my Dad, he loves History. Though lately Physics is his passion.
Oh, I didn't know that. And he didn't study it or something, I guess that was what I meant. happy

Jana
Update:

I still love it! happy

Jana
You guys disappoint me .........

Be jealous of my freaking great life .... now! dancing

Rogue Jedi
why jealous? why cant we just be glad for you?

Jana
That's not part of the human nature, that's why. happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.