Police/cops are being attacked?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
1. A cop sued someone for salty burgers (which is odd that someone put salt on a burger, but someone explained that this happens in the south).

2. A cop (20 years old) killed 6 ppl on time for Columbine, ops, Columbus.

3. A Marathon runner dies, you guessed it, a cop.

What's going on with cops these days?

Shakyamunison
What the f**k? Are these cases related in your mind?

AngryManatee
1. Supposedly the saltiness was an accident, and the workers there wondered why he had continued to eat the burger, because they tested one out later with the same amount of salt, and they couldn't finish it because it tasted so bad.

2. Shootings are not new.

3. Marathon runners dying is old news as well.

23 omgz

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've never been a fan of the police. Maybe the marathon man was in bad shape. As for the salty burger, that could be an honest mistake. And of course shootings, it seems some nut job is always doing that somewhere.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've never been a fan of the police. Maybe the marathon man was in bad shape. As for the salty burger, that could be an honest mistake. And of course shootings, it seems some nut job is always doing that somewhere.

You're wrong, it has everything to do with cops whistling1. Something is happening to America's cops. Look at the evidence and the conclusions drawn from it (lol).

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've never been a fan of the police.

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
1. A cop sued someone for salty burgers (which is odd that someone put salt on a burger, but someone explained that this happens in the south).

What's going on with cops these days? 1. People sue people for stupid shit every day.

2. People kill people every day.

3. People die everyday.

Cops are people too.

SelphieT
purely coincidence.

I hate cops anyways.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by AngryManatee
1. Supposedly the saltiness was an accident, and the workers there wondered why he had continued to eat the burger, because they tested one out later with the same amount of salt, and they couldn't finish it because it tasted so bad.

2. Shootings are not new.

btw, i KNOW that some cops can be ass holes b/c there are assholes in EVERY PROFESSION...so pls don't get the idea that i am hiding some sort of issue that some cops have, ok?

3. Marathon runners dying is old news as well.

23 omgz

I was the only one laughing throughout that movie. 2+3=5 and it's 7:37.

cops are human, and they can be jerks just like any one in a profession, pls don't mistake this thread as me being pro cop, i don't want any bad experience with cops so that i can side with your arguments about how bad they are...

Devil King
Columbine, ops, Columbus.

WTF? What is that supposed to mean?

Ozone
I have no idea.

ragesRemorse

blink

life?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Devil King
Christopher Columbus was known for his militant anti-law enforcement stance.

botankus
Originally posted by Devil King

It means nothing, because the incident occurred in Crandon, Wisconsin, not Columbus, Ohio.

Corrina is often so busy getting her next argument on the table that she usually fails to get her sh*t straight. If you asked me, I personally think she's some 60-year old professor who uses this forum as topic of discussion for her or his classes.

Rogue Jedi
I dont believe that cops are being attacked, I believe that they are in a line of work where they are under constant scrutiny, where they have to follow a set of rules and guidelines that criminals fail to recognize. Obviously there will be the occasional incident.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Bump.

Rogue Jedi
Check this out:

SXolf463YbM

Critic
Three unparalleled stories about police officers.

What is this relevant to, exactly?

Rogue Jedi
look at the thread title, man.

Evil Dead
there are some really good cops out there.....I've met many cops that were generally good guys just doing the job they're paid to do.

that said.......

most cops are assholes. They have a very low paying job. Police officers in the city of Louisville start out at $23,000 a year while State Patrol officers for the state of Kentucky start out making under $30k a year. This is a low-cost of living area, the pay increases in larger areas but remains the same ratio between pay and cost of living. I really think this is a big part of the problem. These guys may have to put thier lives on the line to protect citizens but make less than I made in 1998 as an Assistant Manager at McDonalds while in college. I think the realization of this leads to a general bad attitude in many officers. Also, most law enforcement agencies do not even train their officers in the law they are paid to enforce. They do not have to go to college, they do not even have to take courses in law. You can become a patrol officer or sherriff's deputy by reading a 30 page pamphlet and taking a test. This leads to many officers harassing the public unwittingly....accusing people of crimes where no crime has been committed. The officer just didn't know that person wasn't breaking a law because the officer doesn't even know what the laws are. This combined with many mistakes officers make simply because they were not trained well (or not at all) leads to a general resentment of police by many people. I think this also has alot to do with their bad attitude. "I'm out here putting my life on the line working a job that qualifies my family for public assistance and these pricks don't even respect me for it?". This keeps powering a vicious cycle. People mess with cops food and treat them with general disrespect because they are assholes which in turn causes them to be bigger assholes because the people they are protecting don't respect them.

Quiero Mota
It's not just Louisville, you described the average American cop; underpaid, undereducated in the law that they're supposed to enforce, and on a constant ego trip....how do you respect that? People don't like that that's what we have to "Serve and protect" us, que no?

Originally posted by Evil Dead
People mess with cops food and treat them with general disrespect because they are assholes which in turn causes them to be bigger assholes because the people they are protecting don't respect them.

Yeah pretty much.

ADarksideJedi

EvERYTHING IS always blame on the c o ps.IT is like the newest fad or something.As awful as it sounds we have to pretty much decide on seeing the difference of a good cop and a bad one.
THEy are humans likle us and do m a ke mistakes like us.WE HAVE TO understand all cops make mistakes so why get angry?
MY oldest brother is a cop in NEyork and he is always getting picked on.BUT he had told me that is the way the world works now.SO whateer.terri cool

zbucsz
lol i use too put salt on ppls hamburgers just cuz i was working at wendys, first jobs always suck

GGS
Everyone hates a cop till they need one...

Blax_Hydralisk
Nah, I hate them even then. I just use them like tools.

SelphieT
I never hated cops, even when I did get in trouble with them, until less than a year ago.

When someone's about to strangle you, are you going to let them? F*ck no. If I knew the cop wasn't going to believe me, I would have let that crazy woman choke me, but I didn't know that. So I tried to defend myself, hitting her arms away, and then I got shoved into a f*ckin' closet, and my arms got all scratched up, and the stupid ass cop didn't believe that I was the innocent one.

And it wasn't just that he didn't believe me, he was actually rude, and told me that what DID happen to me, never happened.

Stupid f*cker.

the welsh one
i hate police too
a friend of a friend got put in casulty by 2 policemen

no punishment for the police though

Critic
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
look at the thread title, man.

My question still stands.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by the welsh one
i hate police too
a friend of a friend got put in casulty by 2 policemen

no punishment for the police though

Good!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Critic
My question still stands. you need flash cards? maybe an illustration?

Bicnarok
What a daft thread.

Cops are attacked all over the world, mainly by criminals. Its a mystery why, might have something to do with conflict of interests.

Rogue Jedi
they are armed and in a position of power, they are constantly second guessed and under scrutiny.

Blax_Hydralisk
Who's the smug looking bastard in your sig?

Rogue Jedi
Dexter.

Robtard
they are armed and in a position of power, they are constantly second guessed and under scrutiny.

A system of checks and balances is needed, considering they're trained, armed and have authority over others... police forces tend to attract "control freak" types, not saying that's good or bad, just how it is.

Rogue Jedi
control freak/assertive.....a fine line.

Robtard
control freak/assertive.....a fine line.

No, it's definately Control Freaks.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
No, it's definately Control Freaks. so no argument, this is fact, infallible, yes?

Robtard
so no argument, this is fact, infallible, yes?

It goes with the job; it's not intrinsicly a bad thing. To be a cop, I'd expect a certain dominant edge would be needed, otherwise, you'd probably be a shitty cop.

Rogue Jedi
It goes with the job; it's not intrinsicly a bad thing. To be a cop, I'd expect a certain dominant edge would be needed, otherwise, you'd probably be a shitty cop. you just described assertive.

Robtard
you just described assertive.

Maybe in RJ land, where control freak=assertive.

InnerRise
you need flash cards? maybe an illustration? Probably. He has A LOT of questions.

God forbid someone to not acknowledge them.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Robtard
A crucial part of debate, is answering questions.

meep-meep
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
EvERYTHING IS always blame on the c o ps.IT is like the newest fad or something.As awful as it sounds we have to pretty much decide on seeing the difference of a good cop and a bad one.
THEy are humans likle us and do m a ke mistakes like us.WE HAVE TO understand all cops make mistakes so why get angry?
MY oldest brother is a cop in NEyork and he is always getting picked on.BUT he had told me that is the way the world works now.SO whateer.terri cool

What mistakes exactly are you refering to? Forgeting to put their badge on before they go out on patrol? Something like that or shooting an unarmed person? Or excesively roughing up a suspect?

There are some cops who really try to juggle being protectors of the public, and calm mediators of disputes. But yeah, like someone else said, most of them are pretty big a-holes, probably something like a good %60-%70 of them.

Also, just for the record where is "NEyork?"

It wouldn't hurt to clean up your shitty typing if you want to get a coherent point across. That goes for czarina as well.

Rogue Jedi
A crucial part of debate, is answering questions. he asked what the vid had to do with the thread. the thread is about cops being attacked. the vid is about cops being attacked, physically and by the public.

there's his answer.

Blax_Hydralisk
Dexter.

And that would be.. ?

Robtard
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
And that would be.. ?

A show on Showtime; it's a good one too.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
And that would be.. ? A show on Showtime that actually has us, the audience, rooting for the main character, who is a cop and a...............serial killer.

It's a very good show........it was anyway.............no Showtime up here at college.

Um....this is on topic because Dexter is a cop who has been attacked.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

chillmeistergen
Jesus, you got into a college?

debbiejo
Look? Someone above you uses DOTSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. cool

Evil angel
Cops are just getting worse and worse it is ****ed up they don't get rid of them all and get new ones that are not hypocritical bastards that get a little gun crazy with a lame excuse behind there actions or a lame lie that everyone buys.

Rogue Jedi
A show on Showtime; it's a good one too. MAN his sis is HOT.

Robtard
MAN his sis is HOT.

A bit tomboyish; she is though.

Robtard
Originally posted by InnerRise
A show on Showtime that actually has us, the audience, rooting for the main character, who is a cop and a...............serial killer.

It's a very good show........it was anyway.............no Showtime up here at college.

Um....this is on topic because Dexter is a cop who has been attacked.

He isn't a cop, he's in forensics and works for the cops.

InnerRise
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Jesus, you got into a college? Awww looky here. An admirer.

Don't worry champ. I'm sure one day if you keep trying...you'll get there as well....maybe not...

Regardless..........here's an autograph.

thumbsup

He isn't a cop, he's in forensics and works for the cops.
Yeah, I know. I was just reaching.

Robtard

Yeah, I know. I was just reaching.

Didn't quite make it around that time, did ya.

InnerRise
Didn't quite make it around that time, did ya. Guess not. Ya got me.

chillmeistergen
Awww looky here. An admirer.

Don't worry champ. I'm sure one day if you keep trying...you'll get there as well....maybe not...

Well, as I have a deferred place at one of the best universities in the country, it would appear so. Which great college do you go to? Does it have the word, 'spastic' in the name?

InnerRise
Well, as I have a deferred place at one of the best universities in the country, it would appear so. Which great college do you go to? Does it have the word, 'spastic' in the name? Good Job. Glad to be of inspirational service.

Here's a sticker.

Now go make some A's........I mean C's....and make me proud boy.

wink

Rogue Jedi
A bit tomboyish; she is though. tomboys... droolio

chillmeistergen
Good Job. Glad to be of inspirational service.

Here's a sticker.

Now go make some A's........I mean C's....and make me proud boy.

wink

Go make some C's?

Also, what college is it you go to? As you obviously didn't understand when I last asked, is it a college for people like you? Y'know, people with special needs.

Rogue Jedi
man, you guys seriously need to relax.

InnerRise
Go make some C's?

Also, what college is it you go to? As you obviously didn't understand when I last asked, is it a college for people like you? Y'know, people with special needs. Yes C's.....I'm trying not to set the bar too high........although it would appear I have done just that.

Sorry........kind of....

You still get a sticker and an autograph though just for sheer will.

petpet

chillmeistergen
Yes C's.....I'm trying not to set the bar too high........although it would appear I have done just that.

Sorry........kind of....

You still get a sticker and an autograph though just for sheer will.

petpet

Go and research the grading of degrees, in the U.K.

Of course if you mean qualifications I've already attained, don't worry about it; you're not setting the bar too high.

Critic
you need flash cards? maybe an illustration?

Unnecessary sarcasm, Rogue Jedi. Don't be so daft. My question STILL stands. If you do not wish to answer it, by all means.

Rogue Jedi
Unnecessary sarcasm, Rogue Jedi. Don't be so daft. My question STILL stands. If you do not wish to answer it, by all means. pay attention, I already answered your question, not my fault you missed it.

Critic
pay attention, I already answered your question, not my fault you missed it.

No, It still has no relevance to anything. They're all unparalleled. That wasn't an answer. It's not my fault you didn't understand my question, Friend.

Rogue Jedi
No, It still has no relevance to anything. They're all unparalleled. That wasn't an answer. It's not my fault you didn't understand my question, Friend. Originally posted by Critic
Three unparalleled stories about police officers.

What is this relevant to, exactly? this is your question....It was answered on page 3. look close, come on now, I know you can do it.

Blax_Hydralisk
Suck. Ass.

Critic
this is your question....It was answered on page 3. look close, come on now, I know you can do it.

You're . . . Not quite grasping it. When you answer a question. it's not always right. It's not always effective or even a remotely good answer either.

Bob: Is the sky blue?
George: Look at the grass, Bob.

I can find several ways to try and explain this to you and hope one actually pulls through, Rogue Jedi.

Rogue Jedi
You're . . . Not quite grasping it. When you answer a question. it's not always right. It's not always effective or even a remotely good answer either.

Bob: Is the sky blue?
George: Look at the grass, Bob.

I can find several ways to try and explain this to you and hope one actually pulls through, Rogue Jedi. you were BORN to be a GDFer, I can tell you that much. they should welcome you with open arms here.

Let's break this down sep by step, as if you were a child....

1. You asked a question

2. I answered your question

3. You claim that I failed to answer your question

4. I point out where the answer is

5. You don't like the answer I gave, so you don't acknowledge it as an answer.

Is that clear enough for you? Come on now, put on the old thinking cap.

InnerRise
And the cycle continues.

Rogue Jedi
And the cycle continues.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... wash, rinse, repeat.

Schecter
pot, kettle, black

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Schecter
pot, kettle, black funny thing is my answer to his question is right there in plain view.

Schecter
he asked what the vid had to do with the thread. the thread is about cops being attacked. the vid is about cops being attacked, physically and by the public.

there's his answer.

i saw a guy beaten to possibly the point of brain damage by police officers and a mother crying her eyes out. is any criticism of a particular cop's practices an attack? like, you cant question someone like that or its allout anarchy?

Rogue Jedi
i saw a guy beaten to possibly the point of brain damage by police officers and a mother crying her eyes out. is any criticism of a particular cop's practices an attack? like, you cant question someone like that or its allout anarchy? no, you can always question it when and if it happens. Did you watch the vid I posted?

Schecter
no, you can always question it when and if it happens. Did you watch the vid I posted?

yes i did. i was just commenting on it. unless you posted another video?

Rogue Jedi
nah, I was just gonna ask you if you were one of the cops that chased down the shooter, and the other cops started beating on him, would you try and stop them?

Schecter
nah, I was just gonna ask you if you were one of the cops that chased down the shooter, and the other cops started beating on him, would you try and stop them?

irrelevant. just like the video you posted. no cops were attacked in that video.

cyber tuff guy!
irrelevant. just like the video you posted. no cops were attacked in that video.

You're on, are you lubed up?

Schecter
its amazing what one 41 year old fat balding clown can do with alot of free time.

cyber tuff guy!
yes i'm all lubed up, i've been looking forward to this all day

thought so!

Schecter
WIN!!!

now maybe you can ejaculate.

cyber tuff guy!
WIN!!!

now maybe you can ejaculate.

But it might fill you up and run down your legs.

Rogue Jedi
irrelevant. just like the video you posted. no cops were attacked in that video. dude, the guy who was beat down took a cops gun and SHOT HIM IN THE FACE. and the cops motives were questioned when the shooter showed back up in court with a swelled up face.

how can you say the cops werent attacked?

Schecter
dude, the guy who was beat down took a cops gun and SHOT HIM IN THE FACE. and the cops motives were questioned when the shooter showed back up in court with a swelled up face.
im aware of the dangers a cop must face and the horror when that danger is realised in such a way.

the point is that an officer of the law is given a degree of power which in the face of a civilian is nearly absolute. we the people submit this power to them willingly, under the assumption that they fulfull their oath to god and their country, to objectively enforce the law. enforcing the law does not involve acts of vengeance. therefore, they were clearly wrong in their actions, despite how many times you type "SHOT IN THE FACE!!1".
it was their job, their duty, their oath, to apprehend him and bring him before a court of law, where he would THEN be judged by a jury of his peers. this is whats called "due process" and is the cornerstone of the american system of justice. its one of those things thats supposed to define us as a free and just country.

Rogue Jedi
im aware of the dangers a cop must face and the horror when that danger is realised in such a way.

the point is that an officer of the law is given a degree of power which in the face of a civilian is nearly absolute. we the people submit this power to them willingly, under the assumption that they fulfull their oath to god and their country, to objectively enforce the law. enforcing the law does not involve acts of vengeance. therefore, they were clearly wrong in their actions, despite how many times you type "SHOT IN THE FACE!!1".
it was their job, their duty, their oath, to apprehend him and bring him before a court of law, where he would THEN be judged by a jury of his peers. this is whats called "due process" and is the cornerstone of the american system of justice. its one of those things thats supposed to define us as a free and just country. WTF does that have to do with the following statement?

irrelevant. just like the video you posted. no cops were attacked in that video. you said no cops were attacked in the vid. I proved they were. I never tried to justify their actions, only that they were in fact attacked.

Schecter
WTF does that have to do with the following statement?

you said no cops were attacked in the vid. I proved they were. I never tried to justify their actions, only that they were in fact attacked.

it was mentioned in passing that a cop was shot. so the fact stands that no cops were attacked in that video. you are wrong. i know this will set off a series of dodge and dance posts where you avoid the fact that you are clearly wrong, so ill leave it at that: no cops were attacked in that video. fact.

have your last word/personal attack/accusation/implication

Rogue Jedi
it was mentioned in passing that a cop was shot. so the fact stands that no cops were attacked in that video. you are wrong. i know this will set off a series of dodge and dance posts where you avoid the fact that you are clearly wrong, so ill leave it at that: no cops were attacked in that video. fact.

have your last word/personal attack/accusation/implication mentioned in passing? the guy was at police HQ being questioned, grabbed a cops gun and shot him in the face. he leapt from a window, was captured, and the cops beat the piss outta him.

then the reporters were questioning the cops motives, accusing them of brutality and shit.

of all that happened, you see NO attack on the cops?

Rogue Jedi
here are the FACTS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esteban_Carpio

dadudemon
here are the FACTS:

Wow. That's f**king bullshit if I ever read it. How does one's entire face end up with impact damage? The face is not a cube...its not like the whole front side of his face could have landed flat on the ground causes swelling all over his face with various wounds. It is obvious that he got roughed up before he was brought back. In fact, it is so obvious that he got roughed up, his face should be included with a "FAIL" or a "PWN3D" message underneath to be used on message boards.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wow. That's f**king bullshit if I ever read it. How does one's entire face end up with impact damage? The face is not a cube...its not like the whole front side of his face could have landed flat on the ground causes swelling all over his face with various wounds. It is obvious that he got roughed up before he was brought back. In fact, it is so obvious that he got roughed up, his face should be included with a "FAIL" or a "PWN3D" message underneath to be used on message boards. I never denied the fact that the cops beat the hell outta him, it's painfully obvious they did.

dadudemon
I never denied the fact that the cops beat the hell outta him, it's painfully obvious they did.

So why did you put "here are the FACTS"? Was that facetiousness?

I'm lost bro.

Rogue Jedi
So why did you put "here are the FACTS"? Was that facetiousness?

I'm lost bro. bacause he said there were NO attacks on the police.

attack number one was when the guy shot the cop in the face.

attack number two is when the media accused the cops of excessive force.

two attacks.

what the cops did to the shooter is not the issue here.

dadudemon
bacause he said there were NO attacks on the police.

attack number one was when the guy shot the cop in the face.

attack number two is when the media accused the cops of excessive force.

two attacks.

what the cops did to the shooter is not the issue here.

AHHH. I understand. I didn't read the entire thread so that explains my being lost.

Rogue Jedi
AHHH. I understand. I didn't read the entire thread so that explains my being lost. so you see that the cops were in fact "attacked"?

BackFire
As far as that video goes, I can say two things.

1. I certainly have no sympathy or pity for the guy with the silly swolen face. He murdered a cop in cold blood, whatever nasty stuff happens to him is a result is his own doing.

2. It's not in the cops job to beat the shit out of someone like that, regardless of what they've done. In fact, that is exactly what they are supposed to avoid. They took the law into their own hands before he was put on trial, and what they did was clearly against regulations.

Worth reiterating, though, I have no sympathy for the guy, may he be raped and sodomized to death by a man with a 17 inch dick for all I care.

Also worth noting that the guy's face woulda made one awesome Halloween mask. Wish they sold a replica of that at Target.

Rogue Jedi
dude at the very least had a severe concussion.

Critic
you were BORN to be a GDFer, I can tell you that much. they should welcome you with open arms here.

Let's break this down sep by step, as if you were a child....

1. You asked a question

2. I answered your question

3. You claim that I failed to answer your question

4. I point out where the answer is

5. You don't like the answer I gave, so you don't acknowledge it as an answer.

Is that clear enough for you? Come on now, put on the old thinking cap.

You can be condescending and spend hours upon hours explaining yourself until your face turns different colors, Rogue Jedi ...

BUT you still won't understand because you have a keen ability to hear but lack the ability to LISTEN, it seems.

You did not answer my question. You directed me to the thread title, which did not tell me how it was relevant OR parallel to the incidents shown within the thread which happens to be what I asked.

As I said previously, I'll explain this in various ways and hope you can understand one of them. That's all, friend.

Rogue Jedi
You can be condescending and spend hours upon hours explaining yourself until your face turns different colors, Rogue Jedi ...

BUT you still won't understand because you have a keen ability to hear but lack the ability to LISTEN, it seems.

You did not answer my question. You directed me to the thread title, which did not tell me how it was relevant OR parallel to the incidents shown within the thread which happens to be what I asked.

As I said previously, I'll explain this in various ways and hope you can understand one of them. That's all, friend. well explain away, and please remember that since you are superior to us in every possible way, you might have to speak slooooooooooooow.

dadudemon
so you see that the cops were in fact "attacked"?

If being killed means attacked, then yes.

Schecter
bacause he said there were NO attacks on the police.

so you see that the cops were in fact "attacked"?

desperate lying clown, i said clearly that there were no cops attacked IN THE VIDEO. it was mentioned in passing. english. do you speak it? the video did not depict cops being attacked. what is so hard for your brain to wrap around? god you are DUMB

Critic
well explain away, and please remember that since you are superior to us in every possible way, you might have to speak slooooooooooooow.

That's a unique way of accepting your mistakes. I'll take it, then!

Bardock42
Aren't marathon runners supposed to die?

Rogue Jedi
desperate lying clown, i said clearly that there were no cops attacked IN THE VIDEO. it was mentioned in passing. english. do you speak it? the video did not depict cops being attacked. what is so hard for your brain to wrap around? god you are DUMB no cops attacked in the vid, eh? hmmmm....one was shot in the face....hmm......the media questioned the cops motives...hmmmmm......

you dont call those attacks? whats your definition of "attacked?"

you are just angry because you are painted into a corner, and have no way out. admit it, you'll feel better.

Rogue Jedi
That's a unique way of accepting your mistakes. I'll take it, then! cya, sockie.

Rogue Jedi
Heres the vid again. Just in case someone wants to watch it again. I challenge anyone to watch this vid, and HONESTLY say that there are NO attacks on the police:

SXolf463YbM

and if thats not enough, here is the same article I posted earlier:

anyone who watches the vid AND reads the article and then says "there are no attacks on the police in EITHER" is a blind fool.

Schecter
for the last time, nobody is denying that a cop was attacked as in shot by a murderer. the video only mentions the crime in passing, as in THEY DONT SHOW A COP BEING ATTACKED. its so simple RJ. please tell me you're just joking around and are not actually this stupid.

chillmeistergen
So, he landed on his face when jumping out of the window? What a load of utter bollocks.

What do you mean by attacks on the police, RJ? Physical attacks? Attacks on the credibility of their story? I'd be extremely worried if the story wasn't under heavy scrutiny, (which it pretty much isn't).

Rogue Jedi
for the last time, nobody is denying that a cop was attacked as in shot by a murderer. the video only mentions the crime in passing, as in THEY DONT SHOW A COP BEING ATTACKED. its so simple RJ. please tell me you're just joking around and are not actually this stupid. earlier you claimed that it was FACT that there were no cops attacked in the vid. remember? what is your question of "attacked?"

Schecter
for the last time, nobody is denying that a cop was attacked as in shot by a murderer. the video only mentions the crime in passing, as in THEY DONT SHOW A COP BEING ATTACKED. its so simple RJ. please tell me you're just joking around and are not actually this stupid.

earlier you claimed that it was FACT that there were no cops attacked in the vid. remember? what is your question of "attacked?"

*sigh* you are retarded

...and back on ignore

dadudemon
earlier you claimed that it was FACT that there were no cops attacked in the vid. remember? what is your question of "attacked?"

No cops were attacked in the video...plain and simple. At no point do I see a cop getting attacked in the video. I think that is what Schector's point was but he put you on ignore again.

did you see what I did there?

Rogue Jedi
No cops were attacked in the video...plain and simple. At no point do I see a cop getting attacked in the video. I think that is what Schector's point was but he put you on ignore again.

did you see what I did there? you mean you cant SEE them being attacked? even though there were several witnesses to the cop being shot in the face, and the fact that the media was grilling the cops, you still think there were no attacks on the cops?

what, in your opinion, qualifies as an attack on the cops? Schecter dodged this question, lets see if you do.

dadudemon
you mean you cant SEE them being attacked? even though there were several witnesses to the cop being shot in the face, and the fact that the media was grilling the cops, you still think there were no attacks on the cops?

what, in your opinion, qualifies as an attack on the cops? Schecter dodged this question, lets see if you do.

Your missing it, dude. That wasn't Schecters point.
There was a cop attacked. (In fact, he was killed.) A cop was not attacked in the video. Did you actually see that man shoot that cop in the face? NO! because it wasn't in the video. That was Schecter's point.
I can't make it any more clear.

Rogue Jedi
Your missing it, dude. That wasn't Schecters point.
There was a cop attacked. (In fact, he was killed.) A cop was not attacked in the video. Did you actually see that man shoot that cop in the face? NO! because it wasn't in the video. That was Schecter's point.
I can't make it any more clear. so if you cant see it, it doesnt exist? do we need to see the cops face being blown apart? we didnt see OJ kill his wife, that doesnt mean he didnt do it.

the fact that we cant SEE the attack is irrelevant. the attack STILL HAPPENED.

dadudemon

the fact that we cant SEE the attack is irrelevant. the attack STILL HAPPENED.

No one is debating that.

Rogue Jedi
No one is debating that.

Oh really?

If he meant "we cannot SEE the attack on the cops in the vid", he should have said so.

let me ask you this....towards the end of the vid, when the reporters are grilling the cops, does this qualify as an attack on the police?

chillmeistergen
No, of course not.

Rogue Jedi
No, of course not. it doesnt qualify as the police being verbally attacked?

is the sword mightier than the pen all of a sudden?

dadudemon
Oh really?

If he meant "we cannot SEE the attack on the cops in the vid", he should have said so.

Sorry man...but there really isn't any other way to interpret what Schecter meant with that statement other than how you just defined it.

let me ask you this....towards the end of the vid, when the reporters are grilling the cops, does this qualify as an attack on the police?

That is in the eye of the beholder. Some may see it as disparagement (Possibly slander if they didn't do that to him...but we all know that they did) and others may see it as perfectly objective reporting...not letting facts go under the rug unnoticed.

Rogue Jedi
Sorry man...but there really isn't any other way to interpret what Schecter meant with that statement other than how you just defined it.

That is in the eye of the beholder. Some may see it as disparagement (Possibly slander if they didn't do that to him...but we all know that they did) and others may see it as perfectly objective reporting...not letting facts go under the rug unnoticed. you just said it, eye of the beholder. some need to see the attack to acknowledge it, some do not need to see it in order to acknowledge it as an attack.

apparently I am one of the latter.

"no cops were attacked in the vid you posted".....read this, tell me that there is only one way to interpret it. It could be taken two ways, IMO.

chillmeistergen
it doesnt qualify as the police being verbally attacked?

is the sword mightier than the pen all of a sudden?

So, people shouldn't be questioned about the possibility of the abuse of power and brutality?

In no way did that video directly accuse the police of being guilty, it reported that the incident had been investigated and asked people's opinions on what had happened.

No, it wasn't an attack, it was journalism.

Alpha Centauri
Wait, why is there some big upset going on here?

Schecter said there were no cops attacked in the video because there were no cops being attacked in the video.

If you choose to look over the fact that he said "IN THE VIDEO", then that's your own problem. You can say there are multiple ways to interpret it all you want, RJ, and it's clear you're interpreting it differently to how he intended, but that is your problem, not his.

Everybody else seemed to get that he meant there were none being attacked in the video shown, because he clearly said that.

He should have worded it to your liking, is that what you're saying?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
So, people shouldn't be questioned about the possibility of the abuse of power and brutality?

In no way did that video directly accuse the police of being guilty, it reported that the incident had been investigated and asked people's opinions on what had happened.

No, it wasn't an attack, it was journalism. what did you expect was gonna happen? the cops were just gonna slap him on the wrist? this is a PERFECT example of why cops are viewed as being assholes.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Wait, why is there some big upset going on here?

Schecter said there were no cops attacked in the video because there were no cops being attacked in the video.

If you choose to look over the fact that he said "IN THE VIDEO", then that's your own problem. You can say there are multiple ways to interpret it all you want, RJ, and it's clear you're interpreting it differently to how he intended, but that is your problem, not his.

Everybody else seemed to get that he meant there were none being attacked in the video shown, because he clearly said that.

He should have worded it to your liking, is that what you're saying?

-AC what I am saying is that he left it open for interpretation, even after I questioned him on it. but hey, thats what he does. if someone reads a post of mine and misinterpret it, I correct them, I dont just talk circles and hurl insults.

DDmon stepped in and took the same stance, but was more clear, said what was on his mind.

how hard is that?

chillmeistergen
what did you expect was gonna happen? the cops were just gonna slap him on the wrist? this is a PERFECT example of why cops are viewed as being assholes.

I don't know really, I suppose I thought they might just do there jobs and arrest him. How naive of me.

Rogue Jedi
I don't know really, I suppose I thought they might just do there jobs and arrest him. How naive of me. they watched as the shooter took a gun and blew off the face of their FRIEND, their COMRADE. you telling me you would'nt have been liable to get a bit rough with him if it was YOU who had seen this?

Alpha Centauri
what I am saying is that he left it open for interpretation, even after I questioned him on it. but hey, thats what he does. if someone reads a post of mine and misinterpret it, I correct them, I dont just talk circles and hurl insults.

DDmon stepped in and took the same stance, but was more clear, said what was on his mind.

how hard is that?

You do have a tendancy to want to interpret things however you desire, despite correction, RJ. You have done this many times before.

You can't necessarily blame somebody for seeing you doing a similar thing now and call you on it.

I don't think he left it as open as you're claiming, and either way, I think it was pretty clear what he said and you MISinterpreted it.

That's me, though.

-AC

Schecter
this will just go on forever.

ignore function = parrot slayer

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You do have a tendancy to want to interpret things however you desire, despite correction, RJ. You have done this many times before.

You can't necessarily blame somebody for seeing you doing a similar thing now and call you on it.

I don't think he left it as open as you're claiming, and either way, I think it was pretty clear what he said and you MISinterpreted it.

That's me, though.

-AC al he had to say was "RJ, what I mean is that despite the fact that the police were attacked, we cannot SEE it. post a vid where we can SEE it."

the moment I misinterpreted it, he had an obligation to rectify the situation, not talk in circles.

chillmeistergen
they watched as the shooter took a gun and blew off the face of their FRIEND, their COMRADE. you telling me you would'nt have been liable to get a bit rough with him if it was YOU who had seen this?

No, they didn't, the article you provided said that the gunman and the victim were alone in a room.

It's not about what I would have done, it's about what they did, whether they did it and why further investigation wasn't initiated.

Rogue Jedi
No, they didn't, the article you provided said that the gunman and the victim were alone in a room.

It's not about what I would have done, it's about what they did, whether they did it and why further investigation wasn't initiated. the gunman and victim were alone in the room. lets think about that a sec.

the gunman fled the room, the body of the detective was then discovered in the room, face blown off.

who else could have done it? was there some magical leprechaun cop killer lurking under the table?

and you do realize that when under interrogation, they are almost always being watched, right?

and it is VERY much about what you would have done. you have to put yourself in their position. you have to think about what you would have done had it been you. your friend is laying on the floor, dead. you SAW it happen. think about it.

Alpha Centauri
the moment I misinterpreted it, he had an obligation to rectify the situation, not talk in circles.

He's not obligated to make effort to correct your mistake. Whatever else he did may have been wrong or right, I'm not discussing that issue.

He said something, you misinterpreted it, he told you that you did so, and then having made the initial mistake, it was up to you to ask him.

If he still talked you in circles and avoided it (Haven't read it, to be honest) then that sucks, but maybe now you'll not do it to others as much as you used to, or at all, because regardless of it being just the internet, it's very pointless and relevant to nothing, no matter who does it.

-AC

Schecter
i spent an entire page worth making an effort to clarify, while he danced and slandered. i reached my breaking point and called him a retard, because he is a retard.

chillmeistergen
the gunman and victim were alone in the room. lets think about that a sec.

the gunman fled the room, the body of the detective was then discovered in the room, face blown off.

who else could have done it? was there some magical leprechaun cop killer lurking under the table?

and you do realize that when under interrogation, they are almost always being watched, right?

and it is VERY much about what you would have done. you have to put yourself in their position. you have to think about what you would have done had it been you. your friend is laying on the floor, dead. you SAW it happen. think about it.

I'm not going to waste more space in this thread, going over more tedious specifics.

No, it is not about what I would have done, because I am not a police officer. When deciding to be a police officer, you accept the risk of the occupation and the possibility of death, and the practical certainty of witnessing it. I don't have to accept this possibility, as I'm not a police officer, it is not my job to uphold the law. But, I would prefer it if those who are in that occupation, wouldn't break the law they're supposed to be upholding.

Schecter
in other words:

it was their job, their duty, their oath, to apprehend him and bring him before a court of law, where he would THEN be judged by a jury of his peers. this is whats called "due process" and is the cornerstone of the american system of justice. its one of those things thats supposed to define us as a free and just country.

-page 5

(page 4 is where this parroting nonesense began)

Alpha Centauri
I'm not going to waste more space in this thread, going over more tedious specifics.

No, it is not about what I would have done, because I am not a police officer. When deciding to be a police officer, you accept the risk of the occupation and the possibility of death, and the practical certainty of witnessing it. I don't have to accept this possibility, as I'm not a police officer, it is not my job to uphold the law. But, I would prefer it if those who are in that occupation, wouldn't break the law they're supposed to be upholding.

That's exactly right, even if it's a SLIGHTLY idealistic view.

People who apply to any job, serious or not, from policing a city to moderating a forum, should only do so if they can do the job free of bias. If people pick on me for having a go at Bush, and say "Could you do a better job?", I say "No.", because I couldn't. I am way too selfish and biased to take that role.

So should be the case in the police. If you cannot handle yourself, you shouldn't be there.

Granted, watching a friend get his face blown off is gonna mess up your day, and maybe make a little more rough action UNDERSTANDABLE, but not ACCEPTABLE. If he came to me and said "Can you understand why I reacted?" I'd say, "Yeah.". If he said "Do you think it was right?", I'd say "Fack ahhhf.", or just "No.".

-AC

Rogue Jedi

No, it is not about what I would have done, because I am not a police officer. When deciding to be a police officer, you accept the risk of the occupation and the possibility of death, and the practical certainty of witnessing it. I don't have to accept this possibility, as I'm not a police officer, it is not my job to uphold the law. But, I would prefer it if those who are in that occupation, wouldn't break the law they're supposed to be upholding. so basically, it wasn't you, it's not your problem, so you don't care. right?

dadudemon
so basically, it wasn't you, it's not your problem, so you don't care. right?

If I was a police officer that witnessed my coworker/friend blown away...I would be extremely pissed. However, I wouldn't beat the utter living shit out of him. I would definitely tackle him as roughly as possible and be as rough as I reasonably could while cuffing him...but that is just me.

Schecter
oh so you just dont care right? you just want to see cops killed. COP KILLER!!! *squawk*

chillmeistergen
so basically, it wasn't you, it's not your problem, so you don't care. right?

I honestly cannot understand, how you've got that from my post. Did you read it?

Schecter
I honestly cannot understand, how you've got that from my post. Did you read it?

^^^
just fyi that was a rhetorical question, RJ.

reading is fundamental

Rogue Jedi
I honestly cannot understand, how you've got that from my post. Did you read it? yeah, you basically said that you werent willing to put yourself in the cops shoes, that you refused to see things from their point of view.

and I agree that when one signs on to be a cop, they should be fully aware of the risk involved, of the chance that a random scumbag can steal their sidearm and use it in them.

shouldnt a criminal, upon venturing down the path of a career as a criminal, also be aware of the risks involved? that if you do what the shooter in the vid did, you will catch a major beat down?

Rogue Jedi
If I was a police officer that witnessed my coworker/friend blown away...I would be extremely pissed. However, I wouldn't beat the utter living shit out of him. I would definitely tackle him as roughly as possible and be as rough as I reasonably could while cuffing him...but that is just me. hard to say what you would do in that type of situation. It's one of those things that has to actually happen to you for you to know what you would do.

dadudemon
yeah, you basically said that you werent willing to put yourself in the cops shoes, that you refused to see things from their point of view.

and I agree that when one signs on to be a cop, they should be fully aware of the risk involved, of the chance that a random scumbag can steal their sidearm and use it in them.

shouldnt a criminal, upon venturing down the path of a career as a criminal, also be aware of the risks involved? that if you do what the shooter in the vid did, you will catch a major beat down?

Along the same thought process...

"Some things are worth the flag." meaning that sometimes committing the foul is worth it.

If you knew that your job would be in jeopardy, would you beat the shit out of someone who just killed your friend? I think most men would. But when you throw into the mixture that you are a police officer, it should be a harder decision to make. (Whether or not to beat the shit out of the dude that just killed one of your mates.)

Rogue Jedi
Along the same thought process...

"Some things are worth the flag." meaning that sometimes committing the foul is worth it.

If you knew that your job would be in jeopardy, would you beat the shit out of someone who just killed your friend? I think most men would. But when you throw into the mixture that you are a police officer, it should be a harder decision to make. (Whether or not to beat the shit out of the dude that just killed one of your mates.) like I just said, hard to know what you would do unless it actually happens to you.

chillmeistergen
yeah, you basically said that you werent willing to put yourself in the cops shoes, that you refused to see things from their point of view.

No, that's not what I said. I said there's no point, because I'm not and never will be a police officer.

So, we should all be safe in the knowledge, that if we are to do something wrong, we're going to get battered by the law? The police shouldn't ever let personal feelings, or situations effect the objective treatment they should be giving criminals, suspects and the like. Do you not see why that's important?

Rogue Jedi
No, that's not what I said. I said there's no point, because I'm not and never will be a police officer.

So, we should all be safe in the knowledge, that if we are to do something wrong, we're going to get battered by the law? The police shouldn't ever let personal feelings, or situations effect the objective treatment they should be giving criminals, suspects and the like. Do you not see why that's important? and why shouldn't the same decree apply to criminals?

Schecter
its just going to go on and on and on. ignore him. please. for ****s sake can we have a single debate about police without the parrotard destroying it?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=431492&pagenumber=1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=464451&pagenumber=1

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>