Do we have ANY role models in this country?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
I am not talking about celebrity or hero worship (someone saving you from yourself). I am talking about an example of success, no matter if that person came from great beginnings or not, if that's the criteria used to measure it.

Do we have any? Or have we preverted every character so that everybody is average (so that no one gets jealous/envious or feels it should have been them)?

Again, I am not talking about heroes or hero worship or celebs.

Is there anyone well known, alive or not, that is a role model, and if so, please explain what type of role model (for a particular circumstance or situation).

Anyone with character?

(warning: they maybe attacked later on out of jealousy)

Shelbert Lemon
There are many people in this country who have had rough starts and turned it all around to lead an enriching life... but to be well known for it...doesnt that kinda makes them a celebrity.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
There are many people in this country who have had rough starts and turned it all around to lead an enriching life... but to be well known for it...doesnt that kinda makes them a celebrity.

i am not into celebrating a person, local or not. i am asking if there are any role models in this country, not ppl who are celebrated, having character is not something to celebrate, it should be an automatic principle, not something to exhault. it should be common.

but, i would like to know if any of you knows of a politician or anyone, in history, etc., that has character. i am not talking about singing a song or making an image of that person...i am just talking about a person who has character.

can we agree on anyone in this country who has character.

name them.

AngryManatee
Rambo

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
having character is not something to celebrate, it should be an automatic principle, not something to exhault. it should be common.

but, i would like to know if any of you knows of a politician or anyone, in history, etc., that has character. i am not talking about singing a song or making an image of that person...i am just talking about a person who has character.

can we agree on anyone in this country who has character.

you contradict yourself here

AngryManatee
I've always thought of George Washington as a good role model, mainly for his advice against party politics.

Quiero Mota
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
you contradict yourself here

i am not getting into a verbal debate here. i am simply asking for role models, if anyone knows of any role models that are popular, that could be a politician, an educator, an author, etc. i am not asking for ppl who are celebrated or some Hollywood person. i am asking for role models. i doubt we have anyone.

i used a couple of authors from a math text book as a role model while i was studying math. i never celebrated them, i simply studied their suggestions, researched them, and incorporated their tactics, those authors were role models, they aren't heroes or celebrates or stars or anyone that i think of everyday or every year. but, i understand where certain habits came from, they came from the role models from my math text book.

and yes, i think having character shouldn't be an exception, it should be a common thing, but i suspect we put ppl down so much and set traps for so many ppl, no one is left standing.

i am interested to know if we have anyone with character, and if so, what contributions (if that's your criteria) have they established?

SelphieT
In that case, my only role model is myself.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

ok, on what basis, what would he be a good role model for? war? family man? lover? battle tactics/military? politics? i mean, just b/c he's a general doesn't mean that he's being used as your military role model.

Originally posted by SelphieT
In that case, my only role model is myself.

what basis? (this isn't an interrogation, it's simply a question).

Originally posted by AngryManatee
I've always thought of George Washington as a good role model, mainly for his advice against party politics.

Thanks.

1. G.W. = against party politics

Shelbert Lemon
i am not getting into a verbal debate here. i am simply asking for role models, if anyone knows of any role models that are popular, that could be a politician, an educator, an author, etc. i am not asking for ppl who are celebrated or some Hollywood person. i am asking for role models. i doubt we have anyone.

i used a couple of authors from a math text book as a role model while i was studying math. i never celebrated them, i simply studied their suggestions, researched them, and incorporated their tactics, those authors were role models, they aren't heroes or celebrates or stars or anyone that i think of everyday or every year. but, i understand where certain habits came from, they came from the role models from my math text book.

and yes, i think having character shouldn't be an exception, it should be a common thing, but i suspect we put ppl down so much and set traps for so many ppl, no one is left standing.

i am interested to know if we have anyone with character, and if so, what contributions (if that's your criteria) have they established? I wasnt asking you for a verbal debate.... Im not a debater. My first answer didnt seem good enough for you though and your question wasnt clear enough for me to answer anymore clearer then the first time I answered it.

SelphieT
what basis? (this isn't an interrogation, it's simply a question).

In this crooked society/world, the only person you can really count on is yourself. I may regret certain things I've done, or I might look back at them with pride in myself, and I look back at all those things in the past for advice, rather asking people for advice. It may sound conceited, but if you really knew me, you'd know I'm not. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you can understand.

Czarina_Czarina
In this crooked society/world, the only person you can really count on is yourself. I may regret certain things I've done, or I might look back at them with pride in myself, and I look back at all those things in the past for advice, rather asking people for advice. It may sound conceited, but if you really knew me, you'd know I'm not. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you can understand.

Ok, so you never used any example as a model, every path you made was an original one.

SelphieT
Ok, so you never used any example as a model, every path you made was an original one.

You said excluding celebs. wink

Devil King
Do we have ANY role models in this country?

Only you, baby.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
General Wililam Tecumsah Sherman.

(STOP MAKING THREADS)

Devil King
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
General Wililam Tecumsah Sherman.

Why?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I like his ideas on war.

Devil King
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
I like his ideas on war.

such as?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I have two quotes of his that summarize this nicely. They happen to be saved on the campus's computer system, so I can post them tomorrow--and, unlike that tool-tard Starsquawk, I will actually post them.

debbiejo
Many of the Native Americans. They had some great thinkings and thought about this planet.

Violent2Dope
John Wayne Gacy. B*tch.

debbiejo
Oh, I got one. Mae West. Now, we should all follow her advise. Smart lady........haha

Bardock42
It's like you want a role model to be agreed on by everyone in a country. That will never happen. There are role models for groups of people, but there will always be those that reject them too.

Quiero Mota
ok, on what basis, what would he be a good role model for? war? family man? lover? battle tactics/military? politics? i mean, just b/c he's a general doesn't mean that he's being used as your military role model.

You really have no idea who he was, do you?

botankus
John Holmes.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Quotes from General Sherman:

Bicnarok
Why should any human be a role model, everyone makes mistakes sometimes, nobodies perfect!

If people took Jesus or Buddha as a role model it would be a peaceful
worldsmile

lord xyz
In this crooked society/world, the only person you can really count on is yourself. I may regret certain things I've done, or I might look back at them with pride in myself, and I look back at all those things in the past for advice, rather asking people for advice. It may sound conceited, but if you really knew me, you'd know I'm not. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you can understand. That's a good way of advancing through life.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Killing anyone who opposes one is also a good way of advancing through life. It makes for lulz and people becoming an heroes.

WrathfulDwarf
Batman for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.