Halo, Seige of Yankee Station Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

archangel01
Scene: December 2552, two weeks before Christmas

Covenant will start in their basecamp. This is located in the ruins of MIT. Beware of snipers, many of the skyscrapers lining the Charles River were not destroyed in the initial bombardment.

Marines will start in Yankee station which is currently under attack be a combined force of three squads. (Elite commanders, grunt infantry) Yankee Station is located underground, location classified at this time...but prepare for close quarters fighting.

Spartans will start aboard the BattleAxe with my ODST troopers.

If nobody has posted by this evening I will start, otherwise...have at it, Ill be back after I finish my assignments.

Darth Extecute
Kzitzit skipped forth along the long lineup of grunts that he was in charge of. He felt important for once in his life, that they were going to lead an assault against the human defense. They may have been the puppet frontliners, but without the grunts, the covenant wouldn't be much; At least that was what Kzitzit told himself trough the time in war. He took a deep breath-
"Unggoy, Unggoy! Kzitzit, Unggoy, Humans! Death!"
His words didn't have much varity, but it wasn't neccessary. The grunt race might not have been the strongest, or the fastest, but their minds knew exactly what Kzitzit meant with the dialogue.

They all started screaing an almost pathetic battle-roar as they loaded up their guns. A covenant elite walked by, kicking Kzitzit who fell to the ground. The fellow elites near him all bursted out in laughter and kept going. However, it didn't knock Kzitzit over as they were going to win this war. Maybe once they did, they would be free from this.... slavery! The brutal kick of the covenant elite didn't silence the almost roaring, high pitch grunts who prepared themselves for a battle unlike many others.

Red Spartan
Jacob sat inside the small quarters that were assigned to him inside the BattleAxe. Due to regulations, he wasn't allowed to wear his armor at all times and was forced to remove it. His frighteningly pale skin was seemingly reflecting the luminescant light from the overhead. The standard marines issued clothing seemed to cover most of his skin up but still let his arms show freely and his face also. For reasons unknown he felt kind of cold and naked without his armor. The sleek green killing machine of his was being examined by the lab technicians and wouldn't be out for many hours. He hated it, letting someone tamper with his armor just to send it back saying that it was one-hundred percent operational. Shaking his head with a scowl he opened his quarter doors and walked out into the near-empty hallway looking for any of his fellow spartans onboard. Though not many were left in this day and age. If only their leader would return, he thought to himself.

Rodgort
Yankee Station was quiet, for the moment. The UNSC Marines that were stationed in the area were holding off the Covenant forces, but at heavy losses. Those who weren't dead were either injured or resting, and bodies lay everywhere. The marines salvaged what they could from ammunition to better armour pieces from the dead or dying. Today was one hell of a bad day.

Sergeant Avery Johnson looked around at his squadron. So many dead, so few left alive. "Pathetic..." He muttered, as he lit a cigar and placed it between his teeth. "Alright greenhorns, line up!" Those that weren't wounded jumped to their feet and formed two lines, facing the center as the Sergeant began walking through the space in between. Those injured just watched intently.

"Men, I have been through even worse situations than this, so to me this is nothing but playtime! I expect to see the same come from every single one of you standing here today. The only thing I'm seeing, is a pathetic bunch of cowards who haven't taken a hit! You all know who you are. So until you know what real pain feels like, start using your brains! Buck Up! You are marines! So act like it! I want to see bullet holes in every Covenant son-of-a-b*tch who dares tangle with us! Am I right, marines?"

All the marines chanted in unison the same set of words. SIR, YES SIR!

Johnson took the cigar away from his face, giving himself a second to blow the smoke away and answer. "Mhm, damn right. Now move out! Get in to positions! Double Time!"

He placed the cigar back between his teeth, clicked the safety off his Battle Rifle, and took position.

Blax_Hydralisk
Malcolm sat quietly behind the sole piece of cover that was a wrecked warthog. He was sweating. Then again, he was always sweating. Since REACH, he had been in many battles, and always he sweat. This was no exception.

To his left and right were two other Marines, what was left of his squad. To his left, a fat wheezing man. Asthmatic. To his left, there squad commander, who was just as quiet as he was, his empty assault rifle laid abandoned at his feet on the cold cement floor. Only a couple feet away laid Lazansky's mutilated corpse. His assault rifle was still completely full, cradled in his arms. The poor guy hadn't even gotten a shot off before his brain matter was released from it's bony prison and sprayed all over the floor by an enemy Sniper. The assault rifle was within reach, but just outside the cover the warthog provided. The Squad leader wasn't going for it.

Malcom sighed and dipped down so that he was laying on his belly and looking out from under the warthog. Malcolm and what was left of his squad were on one end of a long service tunnel. At the opposite end was the exit to the outside of the station. There was the Covenent. Three Elite and four jackals. There was more, but his squad had taken out quite a few, the Sniper included, thanks to him. Twenty meters in front of there position was a door that led to another hallway, and from there to another section of the base. Everyone except for his squad had retreated through that door to take up more defensible positions, but his squad leader hadn't noticed..

Malcolm sighed and sat up, grabbing his Sniper Rifle from his feet. The cold metal felt good in his hands. He had half a clip in the gun at the moment, and two more clips on his belt. Ten shots total. From his crouching position, Malcolm could see through the fire that was engulfing the passenger and drivers seat. The Elites were yelling at his position, obviously getting ready to charge.

"Jackson, give me some cover fire while I get Lazansky's rifle. " The SL whispered. Malcolm nodded and poked his sniper rifle out from it's cover. The Elite's immediately started shooting once it came up out of cover, but they couldn't shoot past the car. The SL crawled out and retrieved the rifle while Malcolm laid down cover fire. As soon he retrieved the rifle he ducked back behind cover.

Malcolm sighed and crouched back down, reloading. They couldn't wait behind here forever..

archangel01
The nose of the BattleAxe transitioned back into real space with a shudder. Commander Rachel Elizabeth, the captain of the BattleAxe was thrown against her harness as the massive light cruiser decelerated. "Status report."
Next to the command chair, a small pedestal hummed to life as the light blue figure of the ships mil.AI appeared next to her. "1st Fleet is heavily engaged along with elements of 3rd, 8th, and 7th Fleets. All are taking significant losses. Covenant forces outnumber our battle group. It seems we have lost a number of the Orbital Defense Platforms as well, creating gaps in the network. The Covenant have already begun their predicted invasion. The North American Protectorate is overrun, and the South African Protectorate is all but lost. I would recome...." Archangel became silent as another ODP exploded in a brilliant but quickly fading fireball outside the forward view screen. He was about to speak again when the comms officer announced an incoming transmission from Lord Hood.
"Commander Elizabeth, glad to have you back' the image jumped and crackled as electronics overloaded and flashed sparks in the background 'what is the condition of your vessel."
"Sir we are operational, ready to go. The firing crews are loading the MAC's right now, Fire Control should have a solution for us any minute now. I also have several Spartans and a compliment of ODST troopers sir. Just tell us where you want us." Lord Hood's response came moments later inter spaced with heavy static.
"We have a situation on the surface that needs your attention Commander, do not engage the Covenant in space. Establish a low orbit inside the ODP perimeter, we are sending you to Boston. Yankee Station's ground control facility there is under heavy assault. Rectify that."
"Yes Sir."
The channel closed and Commander Elizabeth sat back in her chair as her helmsman maneuvered the cruiser through several debris fields into a low Earth orbit over the North American Protectorate. The Covenant were preoccupied and did not notice the cruiser. The arrival of the loyalist Elite fleet was causing havoc amoungst the separatists, adding to the chaos. Commander Elizabeth toggled a switch on her armrest and spoke, the comm link sewn into the collar of her uniform piping her voice throughout the vessel.
"This is the Captain, we have just been ordered to engage the Covenant on the ground. All Spartans and Lt. Victoria report to my Ready Room at 2100 for mission briefing and objectives. Lets hit 'em where it hurts folks."

Red Spartan
"This is the Captain, we have just been ordered to engage the Covenant on the ground. All Spartans and Lt. Victoria report to my Ready Room at 2100 for mission briefing and objectives. Lets hit 'em where it hurts folks."

Jacob heard the message and smiled. "Show time!" Jacob began to sprint to where his suit was being stored. Bursting through the door, nearly breaking it in the process, he made his way over to the technicians. "You heard the Captain, gear me up." The technicians didn't even put up a struggle as they began to fit the different components of his suit on. After about only fifteen minutes, his entire suit was completely attached and his shields read one-hundred percent. The only part left of his suit was his helmet which grabbed and sprinted out the door. Before he arrived at the bridge he would have to take a service elevator up two floor and would pass an armory on the way. He would lose time and maybe even be late but he still felt safer armed. Jacob decided to double time his way to the servicve elevator and arrived inside just as it began to ascend. Just as he thought he came past the armory. A single marine was guarding the door. "I need to arm up, Captains orders." The marine looked at him with doubt and fear in his eyes. "I recieved no information that this armory would be visisted. What's your rank." Jacob stood proud as he spoke. "Master chief, Pet-" The marine looked astonished. "You're THE Master Chief!?" Jacob was startled. "No... Yes, yes I am." The marine stood to one side. "Wow, you're a real live hero. I won't tell anyone." Jacob walked past him into the armory. He laughed as he thought to himself. "Sure, you won't tell anyone and no one will notice that I'm armed." Jacob took his favorite combination from the station, the MA5B and the M6D. He quickly exited the armory and dashed for the Bridge.

Menetnashté
Vtras sat behind debris, using it as his cover. The energy shots slowly blasted against the slab of stone chipping it away. He had very little support, aside from Johnson and a few other marines, along with another elite, whom sat across from him. The elite ran to another nearby slab of stone, where he sat for a moment, breathing heavily. The two stared at each other nodding, as they prepared to go gung-ho on the covenant. As he began to get up, the stone which the other elite hid behind was blasted by a fuel rod cannon and it slammed into him, knocking off his energy shield and ramming him into a wall. Vtras' eyes widened, realizing he'd be the next target. He ran for cover behind a wall, and felt a spray of energy blasts grazing his shield, and as he reached the wall a brute shot hit him, blasting him to the ground. Vtras jumped back to his feet shaking it off, and began firing blindly with his plasma rifle.

Crono stood beside his fellow chieftain's, two hunters guarded the doorway. "Sir!" A grunt said, running into the chamber. Crono snarled,
"What!" The grunt stumbled back,
"Um, well sir, a ship seems to be heading towards earth, they're thinking it's going to Yankee Station." Crono sat silent for a moment, and the grunt had sweat streaming down his face. Crono reached for his spiker and pointed it at the grunt. He let out a little yelp of terror and began to run. Crono fired one shot of his spiker and it slashed across the grunts breathing system. He stopped and began to run in circles until he died. Crono and the other brutes laughed for a moment. "So, the humans are going to Yankee station? Perhaps it's time for me to pay a visit to the battlefield."

archangel01
Commander Elizabeth looked up from where her chair at the far end of the solid oak conference table. The room glowed blue and gray from the holographic topographical map floating in the center of the table. The other Spartans were already there, helmets sitting before then on the table, and Lt. Victoria sat next to the Commander with her platoon Sargent, both clad in black jumpsuits. Archangel was standing in midair, his wings folded across his back.
"You're late."
She was of course addressing the Spartan soldier that had just opened the hatchway and crossed the threshold. The Spartan took off his helmet and apologized, before taking a seat at the table, the oaken chairs creaking under the great weight.
She shifted her weight as she turned to face Archangel again, before addressing the Spartan.
"What is your name Master Chief."
He answered quickly.
"Jacob, next time you would be advised to come directly, rather than taking detours' she turned again to face him and became more serious 'do not ever enter the armory again without direct authorization, do you understand Chief? I will not have Spartans running about my vessel armed to the teeth, do I make myself clear." Confident she had gotten her point across, she turned back to Archangel "continue"

"As you can see' the image rotated to show a better angle 'the major access points are blocked. By the Covenant on the outside, and blockaded by the Marines on the inside. Intelligence on the station, taken from ONI files, shows a catacomb of tunnel networks and false walls. Evidentially this facility is something more than just Yankee Stations ground control facility. Finding out what ONI wants with this place is secondary, primary objective is to secure a beachhead, clear an extraction route and get our people out of the engagement area. "
Archangel continued for several more hours discussing strategy and means of attack, including detailing the means and the site of the landing, with the Spartans and the ODST's. The briefing ended at 0100.

The time was set at T-24 hours. All involved were ordered to their racks and to arm themselves. Lt. Victoria spent two hours in the ships chapel before turning in. Tomorrow was going to be a very good day, for an ODST.....she smiled to herself as she walked into her quarters and turned off the light.

Red Spartan
Jacob grunted and hissed under his breath. "You should show some respect. It's because of the Spartan's that you're even alive.." Jacob leaned back slightly dropping his shoulders. He never knew why but staying at attention, even when sitting seemed tiring. Standing at the large port window near his quarters Jacob just stared off into space. "Who does she think she is? ODST are just marines in fancy armor. Nothing compared to us Spartans... John proved that." Not wanting to be away from his armor, he decided to keep it on for the duration of the wait. It wasn't like he would be able to sleep anyway. Something about a battle just seemed to make him show his true colors. Images of past battles started to flood back into his head. All of them seemed dwarfed in comparison to what Spartan 117 went through. He was the true hero of the war and earth.

archangel01
Lt. Victoria awoke in a cold sweat. She checked her watch, the dull green digital display shone 0450. The perfect time to rise.
She jumped out of bed and started her morning routine;200 pushups, 400 situps followed by a jog around the track in the ship's gym. The exercise served duel purpose, the first was to keep herself in peek physical condition, and the second was that the pain of the PT kept her mind off her past, something that continued to haunt her.

Taking a quick shower, she dressed herself in a tight fitting black jumpsuit and walked towards the lift. Five decks later she arrived in the wardroom for morning meal. Commander Elizabeth was already there sipping the timeless drink of all military man and women, coffee.
"The Spartan looked pissed that I knew about his field trip to the armory yesterday night LT, did he say anything to you?"
Hannah looked up from her mug
"Not directly, but he seems to be under the impression that one of my troopers, or myself ratted him out." This produced a slight chuckle from the Commander as she responded, "He should know by now that no weapons are allowed in the Wardroom or the Ready room for that matter. He has been on the ship, what, at least two months now. Im sure it wont happen again." And with that the matter was dropped.

UNSC BattleAxe
Hanger Deck Bravo
Lt Victoria and Sgt. Pannik walked up and down the short line of ODST troopers under their command. The 517th was merely a shadow of its former self. With no new recruits available when on patrol, the 60% losses they had taken over the course of two years showed. Hannah thought back to the canvas sack lying under her rack, the one that jingled when moved..........she shook her head to clear the thought away

Over in another corner of the hanger the Spartans stood checking their gear by the nose of the Pelican that would take them to the far end of the compound. A small access hatch had been located on the long range images a few blocks away. this would be the perfect area to insert and execute the extraction of the stations staff. Only problem was, the Covenant owned it.

The ODST's, well they were taking the brunt of this exercise. They were charged with causing a divergence long enough for the Spartans to gain entry, and than fall abck to a predetermined rally point to await extraction.

The Pelicans dropped through the hatch into the blackness of space. The navy pilots fire walling the throttle towards Earth. Lt. Victoria stood in the cockpit hatch watching the distance close on her HUD. She couldn't help but remember something a Professor at the Academy had told her:
"The best laid plans never survive contact with the Enemy."

Rodgort
Sgt. Mjr. Avery Johnson sidestepped to his right, grabbing on to a Brute's Gorilla type fur with his left hand, and aiming the muzzle of his MA5C Assault Rifle in to the back of its neck and pulling down on the trigger. The Brute reached for its neck in pain, then flopped forward lifeless, purple-black blood dripping from its wound. He glanced over towards an Elite who was firing a Carbine into a Grunts methane breather, watching as the deadly gas hissed out until it silently ceased, and the Grunt fell backwards, grabbing the breather before it died. He nodded towards the Elite when he looked over towards him.

The Sergeant strapped the Assault Rifle and reached for his Battle Rifle. He stared around at his losses. He had been greatful when this small platoon of Elites showed up just before the battle started. However, his remaining Marines had taken several losses, only 8 remaining who were battle ready. He looked at the tag of the nearest body, which read: Corporal Thomas L. Petnick. The Sergeant sighed, placed his hand on the Corporal's dead shoulder, took the tag and marked him down as KIA.

"God damnit, we really need some help here, or else we're cooked." As he finished the sentence, the sound of a Fuel Rod Cannon blasted through the air, knocking some Elites back against the wall and lowering their shields. The remaining Marines ducked for cover and tried to pick off the Grunts firing at them. A Private by the name of Carson H. Firth shot a controlled burst from his Battle Rifle into a Grunts skull, causing him to drop dead instantly. The safety on the Fuel Rod Cannon activated, causing it to explode, taking out two more Grunts, one carrying a Plasma Pistol, and mortally wound a Brute enough to give the same Private a chance to put it out of his misery.

Sergeant Johnson crouched over to the Private and patted him on the shoulder. "Nice work son," The Sergeant pulled his cigar away from his mouth and blew away the smoke. "But don't get cocky. We aren't done yet."

Menetnashté
His target struck the ground hard, Vtras was swift and moved quickly as the brutes began to form up and fire off their spiker's, he ran diving to cover. His body hit the ground hard and his shield was out, he'd also dropped his gun. The fire was to heavy to go for it, he needed a diversion of some sort, his only other weapon was a shotgun, and it did him little good here. He used his only weapons available, grenades. He pulled the pin from a frag and chucked it out, before it made it five feet it was blown up. Vtras looked at his only support, Sarge and a few other marines. "Johnson!" Vtras yelled out. "I need cover fire!" He prayed that the Sargent would deliver.

Rodgort
"Already on it, split lip." The Sergeant Major looked through the scope of his Battle Rifle and aimed it at a Brute Chieftan's headpiece. It took a few controlled bursts to knock it off and give him a good shot at the Brute's forehead. It took only one shot after to send the Brute flat on its back, a medium sized hole going through its head, and the Brute's brain matter was splattered over the back wall of the tunnel. The Grunts squealed in terror and began running in circles, arms flailing. The Brute Captain nearby primed a spike grenade and threw it. This started a chain reaction, as the Brute pack threw spike grenades in succession.

"Incoming, lads!" A marine with a scottish accent yelled out to his surviving team, and he rolled to the side as a spike grenade missed him by inches and exploded 10 feet away from him. Johnson pushed a marine out of the direction of a spike grenade and threw himself behind it, putting his hands behind his head just before it exploded. The last spike grenade flew way over head, causing a nearby Elite to leap out of the way, but getting a full load of shrapnel in his right arm, causing his shields to flicker and die.

Menetnashté
Vtras watched as the spike grenades exploded all around them, the guns had stopped firing though, it gave him the chance he needed. He ran, lunging towards his gun, dodging incoming grenades. He gripped his needler and pointed it towards the brutes firing it, the crystals ripped through their thick exterior into their skin, easily breaking through their shields. Some kept firing their guns, others tried to rip them out, it mattered not, they were all blown to hell in the end. Vtras grinned and ran to Sargent Johnson, sliding to cover near him. He held the bottom of his needler and made a thrusting motion with it, reloading more spikes into it. "What now Sargent...?" Vtras asked, noticing the brutes he'd just killed had already been replaced.

Rodgort
Johnson placed a fresh clip in to his Battle Rifle and locked the magazine in place, taking the cigar away from his mouth. "Now," He blew the smoke away, extinguished the cigar, and looked through the scope. "We kick it up a notch. Take your Elites and cover the right side. Me and my squad will take up the left. Wait for my signal, then bombard them with grenades. Move out!"

The Sergeant motioned his marines to take up the left side of the tunnel, crouching against a crate and reaching for the fragmentation grenades placed in his belt. This was his last resort, and if this didn't work, then they were done for. They really needed back-up, but it was impossible to get a signal from way down inside the tunnels of Yankee Station.

Red Spartan
Jacob sat back breathing steadily, waiting for the Pelican's to finally reach Earth. To keep his morale up, he kept telling himself that he would be able to kill something very soon. "Soon.. just a little bit longer." As far back as he could remember, he had been in a dead-lock with any covenant forces he had ever come in contact with. Now with the elites on his side he may not be able to kill ass many enemies, but he would at least have a stronger soldier than an average marine, to fight along side him. An overbearing itch came over him that was always there, right before the start of a battle.

Menetnashté
Vtras nodded, and looked back at the few elites he had left. He yelled out to them: "Elites! Come, follow me! Make haste!" Vtras and the elites activated their camo and dashed across the open gap. Most had already made it over, a few hadn't, a spiker malfunction cause one to fly into an elite, knocking off his camo. He was killed, Vtras wouldn't risk his men's lives for one, though he regretted not being able to help.

The rest made it and held their backs against the cover. Vtras knew if no help arrived soon it was all over, but he'd give them hell before that happened.

archangel01
0045 EDT
December 12th 2552
Over the City of Boston
NAP

Twin sonic booms split the air above the evacuated city of Boston. The air was thin and cold, the temperature hovering towards 0 degrees Celsius. Lt. Victoria swore under her breath silently, as predicted by the Fleet Meteorologist, the expected high pressure system was over the city, providing little to no cloud cover to mask their approach. To make matters worse, there was a full moon. The Navy pilots dove for the deck, extinguishing the birds nav. lights and switching to NV goggles. Lt. Victoria looked over her shoulder into the cargo bay. The dull red light made the ODST troopers helmets glow with an eerie sheen, she wondered silently how many were going to make it back. The voice of the NFO in her earbud broke her out of this train of thought. "Five Minutes.."
She looked back into the cockpit, than back into the cargo bay, and held up five fingers. "Five Minutes, Check your equipment. Ill see you on the Ground!"
She turned back to the cockpit, turned her visor to NV mode, and looked off to the left. As planned the second pelican suddenly sheered off and followed the shining snake that was the Charles River, towards Fenway Park, towards the back door. The Spartans would establish a beach head, exterminate any Covenant with extreme prejudice, effect entry into the tunnels and extract the Scientists. She hoped to god that this plan worked.

The Pelican made a sharp climb, increasing altitude by several thousand feet. The NFO turned towards Lt. Victoria and gave her the thumbs up, than saluted.
Lt. Victoria turned around and her men jumped to their feet, the added weight of the parachutes slowing them slightly. The rear hatch opened as all but a single of the red lights were extinguished. Only one by the hatch remained, this turned green. One by one, the ODST jumped from the rear of the Pelican into the night sky.

Lt. Victoria felt herself free-fall for a few seconds before the on board computer deployed the chute. She looked up. Through her NV filter she saw 9 chutes leave the Pelican, Eight men, plus Sgt. Pannik. She looked back down and checked their vector on her wrist mounted screen and swore. The wind was wrong, they were being pushed behind enemy lines. They were going to land right behind the Covenant forward observation post.

She hit the ground softly, but to her it sounded like a bomb going off. Quickly detaching her harness, she gathered up her chute and stuffed in into a crevice. Her men, by the grace of god, landed around her. Gathering their weapons they moved out towards the UNSC lines. They moved silently for about a mile before Lt. Victoria held up her hand. The troopers stopped where they were, falling to a knee and taking up a 360 degree range of fire. Sgt. Pannik moved up and spoke through the ODST's secure channel.
"What'ive we got LT."
Lt. Victoria pointed. Up ahead was a grunt, obviously asleep "guarding" the hole they needed to go through to make it to Yankee Station. Pannik nodded and set down his battle rifle. Unsheathing his combat knife he moved silently towards the sleeping alien. The matte black blade reflected no light and his movements were swift and true. The grunt fell to the ground in a heap, its head barely still attached.
"Lets Move."
Lt. Victoria led her men through the gap while broadcasting on the UNSC military battle net frequency.
"This is Lt. Victoria of the 517th ODST, friendlies coming in, Hold Your Fire, repeat Friendlies coming in, HOLD FIRE."
As she got closer to the station she saw shapes running towards the barricades. She hoped they got the message.

Swimming Bird
Jacob leaped down from the Pelican and landed making a quite loud thud as he hit the ground. Though he wasn't very high up, the armor was still extremely heavy. "Maybe they should let the Spartan go in first. I mean it's not like I was specifically designed to fight these guys or anything." Jacob laughed it off and smiled as he saw figures making their way towards the barricades. Either it would be marines that would lead him to the stuff to kill, or it would just be the stuff to kill. Both ways made him smile a cold smile. Pulling the hammer of his MA5B back, he walked towards the others. It was a good distance to the drop point from where he has beem dropped off and he did admire the ODST for taking such a risk to secure the land zone. "They dropped right in.. crazy bastards. Looks like I'm huffin' it there anyway."

Rodgort
Johnson held up his hand in a straight angle and brought it down, hoping the Elite Vtras had noticed. All of the surviving marines grabbed a fragmentation grenade from their belts, pulled the pins, and let them fly. Once they reached the other side, the grenades exploded simultaneously, instantly killing all of the Grunts and Brutes in the area, except for a few who's armor plating's absorbed the shrapnel just barely. One carried a Gravity Hammer and let out a bloodcurdling roar as it charged forward, it's shield flashing brightly.

The Sergeant Major cursed under his breath and made an attempt to bring down its shield, but hopefully a plasma grenade from an Elite would stick on to it and blow it to hell. As it got closer, Johnson removed his MA5C Assault Rifle, aimed, and fired short, controlled bursts at the rampaging monster coming towards him and his men. Suddenly a transmission with much static came in to the Sergeants COM system. "This is Lt. Victoria of the 517th ODST...coming in, Hold Your...repeat Friendlies...HOLD FIRE."

"This is Sergeant Major Avery Johnson. About damn time you showed up! Your signal is weak from your position, move in and watch out for Covenant hostilities. I'm sending you our coordinates, follow them to our position, and do not attack any Elites you find along the way. Make it quick! Johnson, out." He hoped that Lieutenant Victoria had recieved his message and would make godspeed to his position.

Menetnashté
Vtras wasn't connected to the UNSC frequency as the Sargent was, so he was not able to receive the same message. He'd seen the sign and a horde of plasma grenades were thrown overhead, blasting most of the Brutes to their deaths. One had yet to be taken down though, it charged towards the Marines. Vtras cranked his arm back and flung a grenade into the beast. Before it had time to react the mighty Brute was blasted into nothing more than a smear on the ground.

Vtras heard the Sargent yelling out that someone was coming on his comm network. He ordered his Elites to cease fire. He sighed, happy to hear some good news for once.

Crono had constructed a massive force that he readied for the purpose of ridding himself of the human filth. He walked out of the large building he stood upon out into the darkness, snipers lurked about, and the fires of war lit up the encampment. However his passage way had been cleared by the covenant forces, under his order. He had under him around twenty, specially trained Brutes, a small group of grunts, all of whom had served in spec ops with elites, four sniper trained Jackals, and two hunters in case things got messy. He was not sure what he would meet at this Yankee Station, but he would be ready.
(If Archangel has a problem with what's going on with Crono pm me)

Swimming Bird
((Disregard last post))

Jacob leaped down from the Pelican and landed making a quite loud thud as he hit the ground. Though he wasn't very high up, the armor was still extremely heavy. "Now th real fun begins.. mount up!" Jacob made his way onto his designated area, the beach head, with absolutely no care as to what knew he was there. Two grunts noticed him first and squealled in terror as they tried to flee. Smiling he opened fire on them and watched as their bodies were brutally filled with holes. "Die! Die! Die!" A brute ran from behind a large container and charged Jacob. Just as the brute reached him and struck him, Jacob picked up the brute and slammed him onto the ground. Adrenaline was flowing through him as he used the butt of his gun to crush the brute's skull. Just as he rose from on top of the brute, his shields were knocked out by a charged plasma pistol. "Mother fuc..." He removed his pistol and took precise aim. Squeezing off a shot, he smiled with delight as the grunt crumpled over. His next shot was right into the Methane tank of a grunt, which in turn, exploded. The grunt shrieked in pain as it ran around, burning alive. This was even too much for Jacob to witness, so with a second shot he put the grunt out of it's misery. Two more brutes and a Jackel with a sniper rifle, charged down at him. Just as the first brute reached him, he slammed his armored hand into it's face plate. Forcing the sharp metal into it's temple. With a gurgle of blood coming out of it's mouth, it died. The second brute hit Jacob from behind, sending his shields all the way down and forcing him into a wall. It was hard for him to breath and he could barely see an image of a brute holding up a very large rock. Without even thinking he pulled out his assault rifle, clicked it to single shot, and took out the brute right knee. The brute toppled over and the large rock slammed down heavily onto his head. With a spray of blood and god knows what else, Jacob returned to his feet. "Lucky hit.." A grunt screamed as it saw Jacob return to his feet. Anger building inside, Jacob seemed to put his foot against the grunts head. Moving his foot upward forced the grunt off the ground and pinned to the wall. "Tell me, how many of you are there?" The grunt snickered. "There is only one me!" Jacob applied pressure with his foot and the grunt shreiked. "OK, OK, there are five covenant units!" Jacob eased up on the grunt and smiled. "Thanks." With that Jacob forced the grunt back against the wall until blood spurted out. By then the grunt layed there, dead.

Bildo
Billy came to with the feeling of most discomfort he rubbed his head with his right hand. He groaned a bit as he attempted to move then just opened his eyes with a few blinks instead. He managed to get on his knees in this small place he found himself crammed into. He shook his head, concrete and dust falling to the ground, Billy buried his face in his hands still groggy and trying to concentrate.

This cramped place that he found himself in seemed to be a cut out in the building, behind some metal drum containers. He pushed them out a little to give himself more room. He looked around his surroundings in this little space trying figure out how he got there.
Billy came across a leg, just one, with a boot attatched, he recognised. It was his bunk mates, it was easy he was the only person he knew with red non regulation laces in his boots. Then it hit him what had happened..

They were under attack, they both came running from inside when they heard the alarms and explosions. When they got outside a grenade must have gone off, his mate Alex taking the full whack. The force must have thrown Billy back here. Poor Alex he didnt have a chance..

Realising all this Billy was back to normal, sound and everything came rushing back to him in one foul swoop. He could hear shouting and shooting all over the place, he couldn't stay here, he had to get into this fight.....

Rothos1
Jason took up a position near the barricade where he could pop off a round and then crouch back into cover. Remaining crouched; he checked both the shotgun and the MA5B to make sure they were full.
He then gripped the MA5B and peered over the top of the barricade.

supatroopa286
Cadet Murphy sprinted out of the ammo depot by the Naval Yard, and took cover by the entrance-barricade. he discarded his standard issue-helmet, and instead donned his beloved baseball cap, with the red B on the front. He ducked down and sat down next to Jason. He loaded a clip into his Battle Rifle and took out of his short-wave radio, praying he could reach those left in Yankee Station

--"Yankee-4, Yankee-4, come in, this is Cadet Dan Murphy, of the UNSC Officer's academy. Im at the Naval Yard in the pier district of Boston with another Marine. The rest left to fight in Africa. What's your status? over"--
Dan stood up for a second to peer through his scope and take a shot at the small group of Covies attacking them. He looked back at the ammo depot, and said
"Hold on, I'll be right back!"
A minute later, as the covenant forces were drawing in towards Jason, Dan drove up in a Warthog, and leaned out to take another few bursts at the aliens.
"Hop in!!!"

Swimming Bird
Jacob stood over the dead grunt with hatred in his eyes. "Worthless wretches.. all of you." Jacob could hear the energy radiating from a plasma sniper rifle and make a dive to his right behind the wall. Right as he landed he could see a small hunk of glass where he had just been standing. At first he had no idea what it was until he remembered that super heated sand became glass. Snapping back into the moment, Jacob lifted his rifle up and counted down. "Three... two... one!" Jacob darted from the corner and opened up with automatic fire onto the jackel. The Jackel was torn up slightly and fell forward. Jacob chuckled as he remembered his theme song and, how subconciously he had been singing it in his head the entire battle. Jacob stood back up to face three brutes. "Puny human! You will die like the rest of you miserable race!" Jacob's eyes turned a crimson red and, before he even realized it, he had crushed the skulled of the brute with the butt of his pistol. His breathing was heavy and his weapons were nearly out of ammo but he kept fighting. Before he could even react, a covenant sniper scored a direct hit on his right shoulder, sending him flying backwards. Jacob was not ready to die and, sure as hell not to a covenant. He used his pistol to open fire on the two brutes and after a few shots, they were cut down. Jacob lined up the pistol's sights with the sniper but his hand was forced down by a Brute. The brute pointed a spiker at his head but anopther brute stopped it. "No, we can use this one. Bring him along with us."

Rothos1
(disregard last post) Jason landed several feet away from the Naval Yard and cursed at not being on the front lines. He double-checked his guns for ammo and used his scope to peer around and find the cadet. Just in time to see him getting into a Warthog; just by chance he saw a jackal taking aim at the vehicle and he unleashed metal jacketed death at it. After making sure the area was clear; he went up to the jackal and checked the corpse over.

supatroopa286
(Sure)
"Yankee-4, Yankee-4, come in!"
"Damit," Dan cursed as he turned the radio dial
"Any UNSC forces in the area, this is Cadet Dan Murphy of the UNSC Officers Academy. I'm in the Boston Pier Naval Yard Ammo Depot, and have been cut off from Yankee Station. Please advise!, over"
Murphy saw the jackal slump over and gurgle. He drove the warthog over to the corpse and said to the Marine,
"Nice shot there. Need a lift?"

archangel01
"Damit," Dan cursed as he turned the radio dial
"Any UNSC forces in the area, this is Cadet Dan Murphy of the UNSC Officers Academy. I'm in the Boston Pier Naval Yard Ammo Depot, and have been cut off from Yankee Station. Please advise!, over"

Sgt Pannik placed his hand on his earbud. His helmet lay on the ground inside the control room of the station. The high powered comms of the ODST were the only things getting through the covies jamming equipment.
"Ma'am we have a transmission coming in....its faint, but its on the UNSC carrier wave."
Lt. Victoria looked up from where she was squatting next to the wounded body of one of her men. The nights fight had been bad. Two of her men had been killed and their dog tags felt like lead around her neck. Three others had been wounded fighting their way to the station...and the Brutes were massing for another attack.
"Who is out there Pannik."
He held his hand to his ear again as the transmission repeated itself. "I don't know ma'am.....sounds like he is saying he is a Cadet, from the UNSC Officers Academy......wasn't that destroyed in the Covenant bombardment?"
"Yes it was.....try and contact him, ask him where he is...or where he is headed. We will send two men to pick him up." She swore under her breath, they would go get him, but they were critically undermanned as it was. Two men were down and three wounded...one critically. That left her with 5 men out of the original 8 she had left the BattleAxe with. And to make matters worse, the Covenant had temporally regained control of the airspace over Boston. Nothing from the BattleAxe was getting through. Two emergency evacs had been shot down already and the ship wasn't sending anymore until the Longswords took back the airspace. The 7th Fleet Fighter Wing attached to the cruiser was good...but they were only so many.....Lt. Victoria sighed and looked back towards the cold concrete floor....they were gonna be there a while.

Outside in the passageway an alarm rang out. She grabbed her battle rifle, kissed her cross, and ran towards the barricade...they were coming again.

supatroopa286
Dan took off his Red Sox cap and wiped the sweat off his brow before putting it back on again. He saw another wave of Grunts heading for the ammo depot. He leaped out of the Drivers seat, and crawled into the back. With a scream of "Eat this, you goddam Covies!!!" Murphy let the MG go wild, roaring with lead as the grunts got cut down by its flurry of bullets. One Grunt sprinted up and threw a plasma grenade in a last ditch effort, and was torn apart by Dan and the MG. the grenade landed on the hood of the Warthog, causing Dan to shout "Get down!"
He leaped off the back of the vehicle, which blew up a second later. When he recovered a moment later he saw the front end of the vehicle in flames, while the mounted gun was still intact. He salvaged the damaged radio and let out a desperate call
---I say again, this is Cadet ^&@#($ of the #*$&$# Acade--*&^)(. My Warthog ha*^*(^ immobilized. I'm with one other *^(*&^, and are about 3 miles from Yank*()^)*&%^. If anyone can hear me, please respond, over!----

Swimming Bird
"---I say again, this is Cadet ^&@#($ of the #*$&$# Acade--*&^)(. My Warthog ha*^*(^ immobilized. I'm with one other *^(*&^, and are about 3 miles from Yank*()^)*&%^. If anyone can hear me, please respond, over!----?

"This is Spartan 693! I recierved your message and need immerdiate assistance at the beach head.. if you get a chance-" The brute that was dragging him slammed his foot into his helmet and that action knocked his communications out. "Wrong move freak!!" The Spartan kicked back, utterly destroying the brutes fingers. The brute let out a ghastly howl and released the spartan. Jacob regained his footing and stood up in a fighting stance. A brute chiefton approuched the injured brute and Jacob. "I accept your challenge human. You will die here." Jacob smirked. "Don't you know that Spartans never die!?" Both engaged in active combat.

Rodgort
"Sit tight, Vtras, but be on your guard. This isn't the last of these buggers." Johnson kicked the corpse of the mutilated Brute and walked over to the tall, lumbering Elite. It made him feel small. Very small indeed. "Evac is on its way, but it will be awhile. I suggest we wait here and hold Yankee Station while we can. Hopefully everyone has been evacuated from inside. Unless you have a bet-"

Suddenly another transmission, one from somewhere nearby was coming in.

"Any UNSC forces in the area, this is Cadet Dan Murphy of the UNSC Officers Academy. I'm in the Boston Pier Naval Yard Ammo Depot, and have been cut off from Yankee Station. Please advise!, over

"This is Sergeant Major Avery Johnson. Hold your position, son. We'll come to you as soon as evac arrives. I suggest you move to somewhere safer and wait for my signal once I get closer. Johnson out." Johnson turned towards Vtras. "Well, looks like we have more paperwork to fill out: Pick up survivors."

Bildo
Billy gathered himself and peered round the drum barrels he was behind, he couldnt see any one from her just corpses of both forces. Billy felt down his leg not taking his eyes off the spcae out side his little area, he unclipped and unholstered his pistol. Where the hell was his Rifle.

He had no time to look for it, looking out into the station fore court he could see plenty of corpses from both forces. He had to make a move, so he slid down beside the drum barrels and to the corner of the wall. Peering round and seeing carnage absolute carnage but building wise he could see the main gate to his right and straight ahead was the control room, thats where he had to get to he thought to himself.

Billy made his move, he came out from behind his wall and sprinted sprinted as fast as he could at the control room.. As he approched it he raised his pistol aiming at the door. When he got the to the door a female officer came bursting from the door, them crashing into each other..
"Sorry ma'am" Billy said immediately picking himself up and offering her a hand..

((OOC: Is that ok?))

archangel01
Lt. Victoria instantly snapped the rifle to her shoulder aiming at the body that had slammed into her as she ran out the door. The terrified face of a Marine looked back, and she lowered the weapon.
She took his hand, hauling him back to a standing position.
"Lets go kid, the covies are massing for another attack. Man the barricades ad find me Sgt. Johnson...there are some loose ends that we need to tie up."
The Marine saluted and ran back towards the front lines to find Sgt. Johnson as Lt. Victoria eased her helmet back over her head and locked it into place. The hiss of the air system was a comforting sound as the system sealed itself to her gray and black combat armour.
The problem about how to get this Cadet evacuated was going to have to be taken care of. She checked the action on her weapon one last time and sprinted towards the sound of gun fire coming from the forward barricade.

Swimming Bird
Jacob and the brute stared each other down, waiting for the other to make the first move. As they stood there, two more brutes approuched the fighters but quickly stood aside when the brute commander gave a fierce grunt. After what seemed like an eternity, Jacob made the first move and charged the brute, striking it in it's chest. Arching back from the blow, the brute retaliated with a sharp blow to Jacob's right shoulder. Jacob's next move was to slam his elbow into the brute, which ultimately knocked it onto it's back. It seemed to leap to it's feat and tackle Jacob. So in response Jacob slammed both of his fists into the brutes head, killing it.

Rothos1
Jason was stunned from the plasma grenade explosion that he had barely escaped that had consumed the Warthog and sent the armed buggy crashing to the ground next to him. He recovered consciousness shortly, and tried to stand up but the resultant plasma burns recieved by being almost at ground zero sent him crashing down. His hand went to his face and it came back bloody, he could feel the shrapnel imbedded into his cheek and leg. But the kid must be hurt so he steeled himself against the world of pain and shouted out to the kid.
"Sitrep, cadet!"
He looked at his leg and tried to assess the damage to himself.
What he saw looked real bad, his leg was broken and the shrapnel was imbedded just above the knee. Now he had a real reason to hate the grunts besides them being covies. Utilizing some materials, he did the best to stabilize the large chunk of metal.

Menetnashté
Vtras looked down at the Sargent and nodded. "Let us hope they will hold out, the Brutes are more ruthless and blood hungry than ever. I only wish we had more on our side." Vtras said, looking at a dead Grunt body. He gripped his needler tightly, looking towards the entrance. Silhouettes began to appear.

supatroopa286
Muphy looked at the piece of windshield sticking into his leg, and took a deep breath, letting his adrenaline take over. he loaded another ammo can into the machine gun, and yelled down

"Well, ive got a hunch that the Covies know that theres a big UNSC ammo depot behind us here at the pier, so they are most likely trying to take it. We need to stay here and defend it until we can blow it up or get rescued."

He jumped at the scream of another wave of grunts, this time being lead by 3 elites.

"Give em hell!" Dan yelled as he pulled the triggers of the MG, tearing apart 3 grunts. He focused his fire on one of the elites, and stopped it dead in his tracks
"Hurry up and take em down before they get in range!"

Rothos1
Jason propped his battle rifle on a rock and began to snipe grunts, taking care to leave the elites that were friendlies alone. Three rounds burst out of his barrel and killed three grunts. He checked his ammo and swore, only three rounds left, the clip on his harness and one grenade.

supatroopa286
Originally posted by Rothos1
Jason propped his battle rifle on a rock and began to snipe grunts, taking care to leave the elites that were friendlies alone. Three rounds burst out of his barrel and killed three grunts. He checked his ammo and swore, only three rounds left, the clip on his harness and one grenade.
sorry, forgot they were friendly at this time. Ill replace em with brutes.

Dan looked at Jason, and hopped off the gun.
"What now?"

Rothos1
"Well we sit tight and wait for evac; and a medic. Check your fire there's a ammo dump behind us. Jason just topped off the clip in his battle rifle.

Swimming Bird
((Since there are no other spartans in this story))
Jacob stood up into a stare down with the two other brutes. Their eyes burned with a firery hatred for him. "Pathetic human! That was our brother you just killed!" The other brute dropped his weapon and started to shake. It almost seemed as if he was ready to pounce. Just as Jacob suspected, the brute tackled him onto his back and started to attack him with melee blows. The next thing Jacob could see was the brute's head explode. He only knew one weapon that could do that, a human sniper. The next thing he knew, the other brute was laying on the ground witha serious head wound. The only thing that kept it alive was the helmet. Jacob could see another Spartan holding a sniper rifle out of his peripheral vision. "This is Spartan 139, please to meet you." Jacob stood up and saluted. "Wow, didn't expect to see another femal Spartan for a while. Oh and I'm Spartan 693." Jacob turned around and picked up his earlier discarded MA5B.

archangel01
It was a dark night, no clouds...no moon...the three ODST troopers slid silently from the bunker. Sgt. Johnson had agreed to let them go after Lt. Victoria had explained the nature of their mission. Sgt. Pannik would stay behind as well as Spc. Amanda Smith and the two recovering wounded. They would be back on their feet soon and able to fight.

Lt. Victoria and her men stole silently down the cratered street towards the Charles River. The ruined bridges loomed like dark smudges out of the water. Lt. Victoria called a halt and pointed to a overhanging ruined bridge abutment. One of her men slid over and pulled out a black raft from its hiding place. They climbed in and rowed quickly across the river. The reached the other bank without incident. They stowed the raft under another overhang on the otherside....hiding it behind ruined bits of concrete and twisted steel. The moved out towards a Boston Police garage where they would find a warthog to take them to the Navy Yard. They froze against a wall. The wailing whine of a Covenant Banshee flew over them, but the black uniformed ODST remained hidden in the shadows and they were not discovered. The Police garage was just ahead. The hidden entrance moved back smoothly on oiled tracks after Lt. Victoria hacked the code on the keypad next to a fake door.

"Saddle up"
She jumped into the passenger side as her men manned the turret and the drivers seat. The engine roared to life and settled into a dull rumble as the warthog rolled slowly into the street. The driver gunned it and they rolled towards the Navy Yard. The gunner keeping his eyes skyward and hoping they would make it. Meanwhile, Lt. Victoria was on the comms trying to raise the two marines trapped there.
"UNSC forces at the Navy Yard, this is ODST LT. Victoria...we are en route to your position. Stay put, we are inbound. please respond."

Rothos1
"Cadet, stay put we have friendlies going to evac us out of here."
Jason stared across the distance at the Brute cropse that had just lost its rigor mortis and grined at the supplies that could be recovered. He needed something to keep his mind off of the dark thoughts flitting about in his mind when the Banshee roared overhead.

Swimming Bird
Jacob and the other Spartan crouched behind a large piece of rubble as brutes, grunts, and jackels could all be heard, trying to find the ones who killed their allies. "So.. Elli, where have you been? We thought you died back on REACH..." She laughed coldly. "Well, the elite had knocked out my shield and threw me to the ground.. I though I was a goner when I didn't see any of you around... it was so long ago, I don't want to think about it." Jacob just nodded his head and pulled the hammer of his assault rifle back. "Slip and Weave on three." Elli nodded and made sure her weapon was loaded. Jacob tapped his fist against the wall three times and both spartans started to criss-cross paths while firing at anything they saw.

supatroopa286
Murphy sat against a wall by the office building of the Naval Yard. he was eating the last of his energy bars, and was running the days events through his head. Mostly, though, he thought of all the friends, classmates, professors, and instructors that had been killed at the Academy. He took off his Red Sox cap and ran his fingers over the brim. He winced in pain as he did so, and saw that there were needler splinters embedded into it. He turned his hat, seeing the purple shine in the moonlight. He picked them out and reaffixed his cap, when the radio finally started to crackle to life. Dan grabbed it and put the receiver to his ear, and readjusted the positioning and signal

"@*$*&@ %(#*@) %$*# -avy Yard, this is ODST LT. Victoria...we are en route to your position. Stay put, we are inbound. please respond."

Dan acted quickly to the call

"Aye ma'am, this is Eagle-6, Cadet Dan Murphy and Marine Jason, awaiting evac. Watch out for those bug things. ive heard some wing humming tonight, Eagle-6 out"

Rothos1
Jason laid very still, so as not to complicate his position when he started to see things flying in the sky. The didn't look like drones, they were humans with wings protruding from their backs. Thinking they were some new Covie weapon he snapped his Battle Rifle to his shoulder and began tracking one.

Rothos1
Slowly one of the forms neared and Jason tracked the thing with his rifle before feeling lightheaded. So he yelled one thing before slipping into unconsciousness.
"Down" and then the blackness rushed up at him.

archangel01
The speeding warthog fishtailed into the Navy Yard. All was quite...too quite. Lt. Victoria and her men climbed down from the transport, weapons held at the ready. The USS Constitution's berth lay empty, the ship long since removed before the evacuation to a safer location, and the sound of the tide lapping at the stone and concrete pier seemed deafening. Lt. Victoria looked around. The bombed out buildings of the Naval Facility, and the still smoking rubble of the adjoining spaceport gave off an eerie glow from deepset fires still smoldering.

Lt. Victoria checked her HUD mounted map, the NV attachment shut off for the moment. It had been a while since she had been at this particular facility. She pointed towards the far end of the compound.
"There, lets go."
They advanced on the possition of the ammo bunker, and what she saw when she rounded the corner made her stop and do a double take.

Covenant corpes littered the ground. Blast craters from both sides grenades pockmocked the concrete, and the two Marines lay in piles of their own blood near a ruined warthog. She was about to order her men to grab their tags, when they moved. One of her men, a Navy Corpsman rushed forward. Reaching the moaning man, he glanced at the namebadge attached to his badly dented, and in several places, breached chestplate. "Jason...can you hear me"

Rothos1
Jason lifted his hand and reached for the sound reflexively. His eyesight was blurry and all he could make out was a blob of black addressing him as Jason. He thought it was a corpsman, but it could be a large rat too.
He called out as strong as he could and then tried to stay awake. Sleep felt inviting so very inviting, but deep inside Jason knew to stay awake.
With effort, he grabbed the blobs shoulder.

Swimming Bird
Jacob took a deep breath as he stood above a small incline just above the now bloody beachhead. "This is Spartan 693. Spartan 139 and I have successfully cleared the beachhead as ordered. We've sstained little injuries and request to be put into the battle further in. Over and out." Jacob raised his assualt rifle to his shoulder and watched over the beach. Many bodies were twitching but non showed any sign of life. As Jacob's nerves calmed, he slid his finger off of the trigger just as Elli sat back and waited for a reply.

archangel01
"LT!!! they are alive!" the corpsman said over the closed comms.
He than returned his attention towards the wounded man. He had a pretty nasty piece of shrapnel sticking out of his leg. The wound would require emergency medical care that only the Sickbay back on the BattleAxe could accommodate. He ran a quick check of the other mans vitals through the armor port and was surprised to find out that the unconscious Marine wasn't a Marine at all, he was a Cadet from the UNSC Officer Academy, UNAP Sector! what the hell was a kid doing on the battlefield The boy stirred and jolted upwards, weapon at his shoulder. Lt.Victoria and the warthog driver instantly snapped their weapons up. The Cadet lowered his gun and introduced himself after realizing his mistake. The corpsman looked up.
"Ma'am we need an evac now, or this Marine is going to loose his leg."
Lt. Victoria nodded and motioned to the driver to take the cadets radio and call the BattleAxe, an evac here would be easier, the covies didnt control this airspace.

supatroopa286
Dan stood up and saluted the officer as the corpsman looked after Jason

"1st-Class Cadet Dan Murphy reporting, ma'am." He said and slung his rifle behind him before going on,

"I was going into my senior year at the Academy, and was finishing up my summer training when the attack broke out. I left Yankee Station before the attack and got trapped her with that Marine right there."
He motioned to Jason.
"Ma'am, If I can just get some painkillers for the shrapnel in my leg, i'd be glad to help you and your men get to Yankee-Station, or Sox Station, as everyone in Boston called it." he let out a light laugh, trying to lighten the mood.
"I grew up in the area, so I know my way around very well."

Rodgort
Sergeant Johnson had given his marines explict orders: Hold Yankee Station with the Elites until either an evac was called, or reinforcements were sent out to repair up a barricade and give the station a chance. It was one of the last remaining strongholds on Earth, and it had to last as long as it could. As soon as he walked outside, the Sergeant put a hand over his forehead. After being in the dark for so long, the light was a bit blinding. As he stared around, he saw buildings that were either blown to the ground with nothing left but rubble, or had sections left, with fresh smoke billowing from their insides. On the outside, overturned Warthogs and Mongoose's, crashed Banshee's, Hornets, and surprisingly a few Phantoms and Pelicans.

Beside them, bodies. Bodies of both Human and Covenant alike laying in pools of their own blood. The sight would be sickening to some, but to the Sergeant it was nothing. He lit a fresh cigar and placed it between his teeth, shaking his head. He turned to a marine beside him. "Call Bravo Sector and have them pick us up. We're going to look for survivors and try to find Sierra 117. I recieved reports he landed somewhere out back in the forests of South America. But before we do, we need to get all the wounded out of here and get as many tags from Marines as we can."

He took a step forward, then turned to another marine. "Get Lieutenant Victoria on the horn. Find out where she is and when she needs evac, then tell her we'll be there as soon as we're done. It's going to be a long day marines," The Sergeant Major pulled away his cigar and exhaled the smoke. "But someone's got to do it."

Swimming Bird
"I repeat this is Spartan 693, we are currently holding the beachhead and are awaiting- oh who am I kidding? As long as those covie signal jammers are up, we're not getting anything out." Jacob leaned back and double checked his weapon. Elli looked at her comm and didn't even bother to try her luck. "So what's the plan Jake?" Jacob stood up and looked over towards a cave heading up towards the Yankee Station. "I told you not to call me Jake.. we're gonna head up to that cave and secure and escape route for the survivors like we were originally ordered to." Elli started to walk towards the cave. "But we're outnumbered twenty to one.. I wouldn't have it any other way." She grinned playfully under her helmet even though she knew Jacob couldn't see it. They both start to run for the cave.

Rothos1
Jason winced the first few times that the blob yelled, each loud noise was a splinter of pain in his mostly black world. Through the ringing in his ears he heard the words "...lose the leg..." and "Battleaxe". Inwardly, he cringed while outwardly he could do nothing, not even twitch.

archangel01
"Thank you Cadet, but we just came from there. We received you distress signal and came to get you out." The soldier nodded. Another moan was heard coming from the semi-conscious form of the marine on the ground. LT Victoria had called the BattleAxe over an hour ago, but the Covenent jamming signals were making it hard for transmissions to get through. Hopefully they had heard the request. The comm in the warthog had also crackled with a transmission from what had sounded like Yankee Station, but all attempts to recontact the station had proved useless.

The sonic blast of a spacecraft entering the upper atmosphere announced the presence of a pelican from the BattleAxe. It flared into a landing and two corpmen rushed out of the cargo compartment as a platoon of Marines took up a 360 formation around the lowered hatch. Their commander, 2nd LT. Joshua Hamilton, walked over and saluted . **to be continued....have to go to class**

Rothos1
Jason was vaguely aware of a lifting feeling that signified being put on a stretcher. He wondered what would be done to help him.

archangel01
The two Fleet Corpmen lifted Jason into a stretcher and quickly carried him into the waiting Pelican where they started to insert IV's to stabilize his blood in preparation for surgery.

2nd LT Hamilton jogged over and saluted LT Victoria, than turned to watch the loading of the man onto the bird. He gestured:
"What happened to him?" LT Victoria looked over:
"From what we can tell, the Pelican carrying him was forced by enemy fire over this section of th city, he jumped right before it was hit by a covie AA round...took the rest of his platoon with it.....poor bastards didnt even have a chance to make it out the hatch. He was the lucky one I guess."
The whine of the Pelicans jumpjets spooling up indicated it was time to go. Lt. Hamilton saluted once again and ran back towards the Pelican. He turned: "Anrt you coming ma'am?"
She shouted back, "No, we have some unfinished business here. Take care of that Marine. We will see you back at the ship."
The Pelican lifted off and turned, heading south and climbing to reach escape velocity. As the bird turned to a tiny speck in the rapidly darkening sky, Lt Victoria turned back to her remaining men.
"Let go, we need to get back to Yankee Station....start the hog, lets get outta here."

Rothos1
Jason was faintly aware of the punctures in his arm where replacement blood was comng in. He hoped that they could save his leg. Even though prothetics were nice he was a person that liked keeping all of the parts he was born with. His ears popped from the air pressure change and he felt that he would make it.

archangel01
-Happy Thanksgiving all, be back after the break-

^_^

darkxbox
david sat atop the skyscraper. stuck up there since the bombardment, he had no radio ,and no way down.he had used all of his flares,and there were no peices of rubish left to burn.he watched the battle way beneath him unfold.for entertainment he drew up battle plans for it.he also sniped enemies and occasionally threw a grenade(only to cause it to explode in midair).he hoped someone human noticed.

OOC: if i need to show my char,or am not wanted sad pm me. >_>
Happy Dance

darkxbox
Originally posted by darkxbox

OOC: if i need to show my char,or am not wanted sad pm me. >_>
Happy Dance

um... nevermind, i found the sign in so yeah embarrasment stick out tongue

Swimming Bird
Jacob and Elli tracked about a quarter-mile before they came upon a saddening scene. It was a marine lying on the ground a few feet from a warthog that had veered into a tree. After checking his pulse and looting any amunition he could off the body, he made his way over to the hog and check the other two. Both of them were dead, and looked as if they had been there for hours. "Let's take them out and at least lay them in a dignified position." She just nodded and pulled the marine out of the side seat as Jacob removed the driver. They laid both the bodies next to each other with arms crossed. With the deed done, Jacob and Elli pulled the hog from it's resting place and tested the engine. It started.

darkxbox
a sniper round slammed into the elites face. the grunts immediately took cover.however,the powerful sniper rounds easily penetrated the cover and blasted the grunts. a jackal sniper looked around, searching for David, but could not find him."bang" the jackal lost its face.
David smiled in success
he looked for the recently fixed radio. "this is David Fenta, i need immediate evac, transmitting coordinates now" sniper

darkxbox
Originally posted by darkxbox
a sniper round slammed into the elites face. the grunts immediately took cover.however, the powerful sniper rounds easily penetrated the cover and blasted the grunts. a jackal sniper looked around, searching for David, but could not find him."bang" the jackal lost its face.
David smiled in success
he looked for the recently fixed radio. "this is David Fenta, i need immediate evac, transmitting coordinates now" sniper

sorry, just read the rest and realized that elites and grunts are our allies wallbash. Just make it like this,

"a sniper round slammed into the brutes face. the jackals immediately took cover.however,the powerful sniper rounds easily penetrated the cover and blasted the jackals. a jackal sniper looked around, searching for David, but could not find him."bang" the jackal lost its face.
David smiled in success
he looked for the recently fixed radio. "this is David Fenta, i need immediate evac, transmitting coordinates now" sniper "

*SPOILER ALERT*
In Halo 3 grunts and hunters are still your enemies,it was only that small group on delta halo that were allies to the humans. argue Just lettin' you know.

archangel01
yes I know
the elites are our allies though, as well as several grunts that still follow them

there are no hunters in this RPG......at least for the moment, so that shouldnt be a problem

darkxbox
Originally posted by archangel01
yes I know
the elites are our allies though, as well as several grunts that still follow them

there are no hunters in this RPG......at least for the moment, so that shouldnt be a problem

ur confusing me militairebanana_prison

wtevr ,just get on with the rpg,noone else has posted since the 23d of november.

darkxbox
im leavin this deadbeat rp. if you guys come back sometime ,let me knowemoticon___pwned

darkxbox
((dead))

simonrob123
"this is sparten 228 my hornet is inbound on your position and will be there momenterly"

simon took off his sparten helmet and swung the hornet down to the waste land of the past battle looking David Fenta

darkxbox
((a. you cant have a spartan. b you have to post your character in the signup. c this rp is dead.d noone rps here anymore))

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.