Mr. Squarepants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Having heard (okay then read ) To mention the little chap over the last few months I was quite shocked to see the little fella on UK television yesterday afternoon.

There I was having a short break from Uni (did a runner from one of my lessons cus they were gonna ask me to pay my fee's) when Spongebob Squarepants comes on the telly.

I have to admit while watching the 1st episode I was sat there thinking, "....this sponge is an idiot!.....", but then somewhere during the 2nd episode my heart warmed to the little guy. The way he sticks his tongue out and looks dumb is so funny!

God bless you America, and all your amusing cartoons. big grin

Tex
God Bless Us Everyone!:shy:

So do you think he's gay?

mechmoggy
He is a little fruity, agreed.

But I think he lacks the intellect to have any sexual preference at all.

Tex
laughing out loud
He's a gay Icon here in the US you know.
That's why he's To's avatarevil face

Sabrea
america doesnt have very many good cartoons anymore..spongebob is one of the few acceptions

Bastard
SpongeBobs laugh is what gets me...

Tex
Some other great cartoons include:
Futurama(recently cancelled)mad
SouthPark
King of The Hill
Recess

Sabrea
recess?? isnt that the show thats on the disneys one saturday morning thing??

LanceWindu
The one and only.

Hey we guys are allowed to watch kiddie shows.

I love my cartoons.

Tex
Yup!
And recess is an absolutely great cartoon!
Funny as hell with great loveable characters and stuff!
Has anyone seen the movie?
I was too embarassed to go see it at the movies or rent it for that matter

mechmoggy
I like recess too.

LanceWindu
I haven't seen the movie yet.

Raz
Caught Spongebob on TV the other day, and I have to say he was amusing in a childish way (obviuosly)

Now Futurama, that is a classic. Most recent Futurama episodes kick Simpsons a$$

zimbo
I agree il like futurama and I think some times it better then Simpsons.

Tex
Yeah, Futurama only got better as it went along, and they cancelled it.
Simpsons on the other hand gets crappier as it goes along, and it's still on the air!roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
both are good. but I prefer japanese cartoons

LanceWindu
The Simpson's are an Icon, but given time Futurama would have been right up there with it.

Damn FOX sucks ass, they should have put it in a better time slot so more people would watch it.

I hope they at least keep playing the re-runs.

Sabrea
i can not stand japanese cartoons and their stupid anime..argh..no offense mah

LanceWindu
I only liked Dragon Ball Z, but I haven't seen it in a while and I would be confused because it's all really just one episode.

Sabrea
**shudders** i HATE HATE HATE dragonball z, my cousin is obsessed with it i have to watch it EVERY day because he might die if he doesnt get to see it..

LanceWindu
That's how I am with wrestling.

Sabrea
people dont die from not seeing a show..i look at him and go 'wow, was i like that when i was his age?' i cant see why anyone would believe that their life is over because they can't see a show..its stupid

LanceWindu
It's not over, it just makes you pissed when you miss something that may completely change the show you watch.

Sabrea
i dont usually watch TV..there are very few shows on TV that i actually watch..and i dont get soo into it that i HAVE to watch ALL the episodes or i might die..

mah
nooooooooooooo

LanceWindu
Hey mah, I think you've been challenged to a duel.

mah
yeah, show me what gun-power your non-japanese cartoons have, sab!stick out tongue

Mujaffa
some of them are quite funny

Sabrea
anime sucks!! i cant stand it!!! but you're allowed to have your own opinion and like it..just i dont like it..

mah
but thats because all anime you see is from cartoon network whch generally send all the crappy series which are much like Pokemon and Monster Rancher etc. there's a lot better out there!

Sabrea
that stuff isnt on cartoon network here, its on WB...and i dont watch cartoon network either, my dad does, thats how i know all the cartoons..

mah
cartoon network, WB; almost the same.

Sabrea
not really..WB only plays cartoons after school and on weekend mornings..especially saturday....i missed all the saturday morning cartoons today though..for some reason i was in the mood to watch saturday morning cartoons and i didnt get up until 11:17 AM and by then they were all over..

ToMacco
SpongeBob is sweet. So are the Simpsons. I never really watched Futurama. I just remember the first episode where the main character met that robot, and he was trying to kill himself, but was unsuccessful. Then he says "Well, I have nothing else to do now, so let's get drunk!"

mechmoggy
A man (well ok, robot) after my own heart. big grin

Thane Zereil
I still prefer Pinky and the Brain

Thane Zereil
ooh and Dexters lab, that ginger kid has style...

mechmoggy
Scooby Doo will always be up there in my fave's, along with Bagpuss too.

Thane Zereil
what did you make of the movie then? at least it attempted to breach te standard relentless rehash of the same plot...well vaguely...

Sabrea
i like scooby..well, when i dont have to sit through a million episodes at once..

ToMacco
Scooby Doo is cool cuz it's for stoners.

Back to SpongeBob, I think Patrick is my favorite character with his oafish laugh.

LanceWindu
Speaking of how Scooby Doo is for stoners...

In the movie Shaggy's "girlfriend's" name is Mary Jane, and he say's "Like, that's my favorite name."

Maybe a subtle hint form the writers?

ToMacco
Wow. That's rubbing it in the face of all the people who say Scooby Doo has nothing to do with weed.

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Yeah, Patrick is hilarious. He's by far the funniest (and the far-less-than smart-est) character. smile

ToMacco
Cool pic, bud.

Captain REX
Thank you, thank you...

I used it in a school report about the starfish. big grin

ToMacco
Did anyone recognize Patrick?

Captain REX
Yep, they sure did. But they didn't recognize Asterina miniata...the bat sea star.

ToMacco
Well, I'm with them on that one, unfortunately.

Is that the scientific name for it, or what?

mechmoggy
"Star-fish", is what I call em', nuff said.

"Scooby Doo" the movie was pretty good, I hate Scrappy Doo so I loved it when he was booted out of the team.

mah
scooby doo sucks

Sabrea
hey!! i like scooby-doo..mah!!!!!!

Captain REX
Asterina miniata...I forgot what it means, though I could look it up. Boring subject anyway...

Scooby Doo is boring. I've seen every episode due to the massive re-runs and marathons on Cartoon Network. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
and you were dissing anime!

Sabrea
lol..thats cause anime truly sucks!

Captain REX
Anime doesn't suck. It just depends on the show that's in anime. Like Pokemon for example. I'd hurl if I saw that. DBZ I would watch (though not often), but I'm not sure about anything else due to the fact that I don't know any channels with anime but Cartoon Network, which my cable doesn't have. sad

mah
yeah..listen, sabrea!

Sabrea
ewww...evil pokemon!! kill it!!! lol..and DBZ REALLY sucks..as for other anime..i dont like most of it..some of it i can watch..but then theres the crap that my cousin watches that makes me wanna just go strangle the creator of the show..

mah
hey, I've never said the Pokemon anime is any good! I know that that's crap! you need to watch some quality!

Sabrea
quality???? like what??????

mah
like Princess Mononoke! like Spirited Away! like Love Hina! like Akira!

Sabrea
uhh..ive never heard of any of them..

Captain REX
Me neither, but I watched a really weird one on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Weird things grab my attention. cool

mah
thats because you only watch craptastic shows on the cartoon-channels!

Captain REX
Well, I don't have any other channels with anime, so it's kinda hard to know any of them.

mah
was talking to sab, btw, but I guess its same thing for you. rent some on dvd..

Sabrea
i dont either..the only channel that i get with anime is cartoon network..thats why i call it crap

LanceWindu
I saw Spongebob at the mall today.

I took my two niece's and their 4 year old uncle to see him.

We waited in line for about 3 hours, and when we got up there they didn't want to see him, they were scared.

So you guys remind me that if I ever have kids to not take them to special appearances.

I'll have someone else do it.

Sabrea
LoL..my friends younger brother is afraid of Santa..and its a bad idea to ever take kids to special appearances..cause they'll either do what they did to you, or cause a whole lot of trouble..

Captain REX
I hate special appearances. I've outgrown the sitting on Santa's lap thing. Plus, I see enough losers in costumes at Disneyland!

LanceWindu
Actually they did both.

And they are afraid of Santa, the Easter Bunny and Bob the Builder.

When I asked my eldest niece why she was scared she replied, "I don't like big people, that's why I cried for Bob the Builder."

Sabrea
lol..number one rule to keep kids quiet: lock them in a room with something they WANT to do..

ToMacco
sleep?

I was never afraid of anything when I was a kid.

Sabrea
they dont want to sleep..give them a toy that makes a lot of noise, lock them in the room, and go to the other side of the house..works for me when i babysit

Captain REX
You must be a VERY good babysitter. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Part of babysitting is actually supervising them. They might eat small parts of a toy or something stupid like that, and then you wouldn't know, they would die, and you wouldn't be paid and you'd be sent to juvi. Case closed.

Hell, I'm scared of Bob the Builder! The show is nuts! eek!

Sabrea
lol..the smart move would be to NOT give them a toy with small parts..

Captain REX
Well, then they'd be bored, wouldn't they?

Sabrea
no..

Captain REX
How do you know? Your on the other side of the house!

jayride
Spongebob...great show. My 2 year old son loves it to death. But what's most important here is they still show Ren & Stimpy re-runs on VH1!

Sabrea
they dont play ren &stimpy here anymore..they used to..but i have most of them taped..somewhere..lol

pippy
My niece LOVES Spongebob! I mean everything and anything. It's a really cute show - but I can see how she might find it scary in "real" life. I have some tramatic Santa Claus experiences myself. :/

Actually this topic reminds me...I have to start thinking about Christmas gifts. I was searching the web for some Sponge stuff and found Nick Jr. has a pretty stacked Gift Shop. It's a pretty cool site that I would go to if I had kids - great tips and ideas all around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.